Film Avengers: Endgame (2019)

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Is it just me or does the music in that video sound like the theme from Crysis 2?

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Why do they release these in the UK before the US? Always wondered but never found out if there is any particular reason.

Not that I’m complaining:D

Drifter

American
If Hawkeye is now going to be Ronin,he is going to have one hell of an upgrade.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
Has there ever been a more anticipated film release? Maybe I'm not as knowledgeable on the subject as I'd like to think I am but I can't think of too many films with this much eagerness from the public.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
I hope this is the only thing they release in terms of marketing. They know the world and it's wife will watch this so let us all enjoy it fresh.

Oldyella

Has there ever been a more anticipated film release? Maybe I'm not as knowledgeable on the subject as I'd like to think I am but I can't think of too many films with this much eagerness from the public.
Maybe the first star wars prequel? That aside agreed, the hype for this will be massive. Lets hope it holds up to it! Can't wait.

Andersons Dietician

I’d imagine things like LOTR, Potter, Star Wars were all greatly anticipated or had massive hype trains. Same level of hype not quite sure, think it’s just that it’s been a massive undertaking to get us to this point and now it’s time.

Dante

Average bang
I hope they have the balls to keep everyone dead. I don't want to see time travel to reverse the entire franchise.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
I hope they have the balls to keep everyone dead. I don't want to see time travel to reverse the entire franchise.
There is literally zero chance of them keeping everyone dead.

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
Captain America is underwhelming?
Compared to Thor, Hulk, Scarlet Witch, Iron Man, Vision & Dr Strange? Yes. He's somewhat on par with winter soldier & black panther in that they are a lot stronger than just highly trained soldiers, and they are interesting characters but not near the top
But Captain Marvel will be there. Thor will also be around, Hulk might grow some balls & I doubt Iron Man will die out in space like that. So they will get more firepower.

Moby

Dick
Compared to Thor, Hulk, Scarlet Witch, Iron Man, Vision & Dr Strange? Yes. He's somewhat on par with winter soldier & black panther in that they are a lot stronger than just highly trained soldiers, and they are interesting characters but not near the top
But Captain Marvel will be there. Thor will also be around, Hulk might grow some balls & I doubt Iron Man will die out in space like that. So they will get more firepower.
Are you talking in terms of comic or MCU? Cap is one of the top dogs of the MCU. Easily ahead of SW, Vision (was a wet puppy in IW) and Strange. Defeated Iron Man in Civil War.

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
Are you talking in terms of comic or MCU? Cap is one of the top dogs of the MCU. Easily ahead of SW, Vision (was a wet puppy in IW) and Strange. Defeated Iron Man in Civil War.
In terms of power Cap is far behind Strange, Vision, Scarlet Witch and Iron Man.
Iron Man managed to hold down the hulk with the hulk-buster and he has improved his technology constantly.
SW destroyed a freaking infinity stone. She's inexperienced and afraid of her powers but she's a powerhouse if she actually use her powers.
You think Cap is more powerful than Strange? Really? One is a enhanced human, the other a master of the mystic arts.

He's on par with Bucky & Black Panther. Superior humans but nothing more. He's in a leading role more so because of his history & great moral compass than his powers.

Last edited:

Moby

Dick
In terms of power Cap is far behind Strange, Vision, Scarlet Witch and Iron Man.
Like I asked before? Based on their comic book characters or what has been shown in the movies? "Superior human but nothing more" has been the face of the franchise since it started and has gotten all the big duels in his favour.
He's in a leading role more so because of his history & great moral compass than his powers.
His power was the reason Iron Man got beaten to a pulp.

Moby

Dick
Like I asked before? Based on their comic book characters or what has been shown in the movies? "Superior human but nothing more" has been the face of the franchise since it started and has gotten all the big duels in his favour.

What have SW, Vision etc done in the movies so far?

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
In the MCU.

Iron Man managed to hold down the hulk with the hulk-buster and he has improved his technology constantly. A emotional fight between friends (where one has help from another enhanced human) isn't representative of their true powers.
SW destroyed a freaking infinity stone. She's inexperienced and afraid of her powers but she's a powerhouse if she actually use her powers.
You think Cap is more powerful than Strange? Really? One is a enhanced human, the other a master of the mystic arts.
Vision is powered by a infinity stone. That alone puts him power-wise above Cap, and yes, he can use the power of the stone.

Moby

Dick
Vision is powered by a infinity stone. That alone puts him power-wise above Cap, and yes, he can use the power of the stone.
You keep on going about their their comic book characters, when in the MCU they have been completely powered down and there's no chance they'd be given more important sequences than the likes of Cap, IM etc. In the movies context, Cap is Tier 1. I'm talking in terms of who is more likely to be the difference maker in End Game, and Cap is far more likely to be that ahead of people you mention, which negates the whole underwhelming part for me.

Vision has actually been massively underwhelming, was a proper liability in IW.

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
You keep on going about their their comic book characters, when in the MCU they have been completely powered down and there's no chance they'd be given more important sequences than the likes of Cap, IM etc. In the movies context, Cap is Tier 1. I'm talking in terms of who is more likely to be the difference maker in End Game, and Cap is far more likely to be that ahead of people you mention, which negates the whole underwhelming part for me.

Vision has actually been massively underwhelming, was a proper liability in IW.
I've not said the comic book characters. I said the MCU.

You need to see "Cap vs IM" again.

Strange who before the loss had said to Tony that he would save the stone before saving Tony/Parker changed his mind and saved Tony instead of the stone, stating that it was the only way. His only demand to Thanos was that he spared Tony.

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
Do you think Vision would be involved in the final fight and would be picked to be the match winner ahead of Cap?
Vision is gone. I doubt he'll be revived.
I'm talking in terms of firepower in the MCU. In end-game it'll be Tony as based on my previous post was saved instead of the stone by Strange who had seen the only way they could win. It was his only claim to Thanos for giving him the stone.

Moby

Dick
Vision is gone. I doubt he'll be revived.
I'm talking in terms of firepower in the MCU. In end-game it'll be Tony as based on my previous post was saved instead of the stone by Strange who had seen the only way they could win. It was his only claim to Thanos for giving him the stone.
Obviously Tony is going to be right up there in the mix. SW is also 'theoretically' more powerful than IM but in the movies she wouldn't be getting ahead of IM in terms of the main showdown. Even if Vision was not dead, he wouldn't have had more to do than the usual stutter around with a depressed face and get toyed around by random footsoldiers. Cap wouldn't be diluted down like that and in those terms him still being there is easily a far better proposition and I'd expect him to be involved in a far higher degree in the end moments. He got little footage in IW, which is probably an indication that he'd be a big presence in this one.

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
Obviously Tony is going to be right up there in the mix. SW is also 'theoretically' more powerful than IM but in the movies she wouldn't be getting ahead of IM in terms of the main showdown. Even if Vision was not dead, he wouldn't have had more to do than the usual stutter around with a depressed face and get toyed around by random footsoldiers. Cap wouldn't be diluted down like that and in those terms him still being there is easily a far better proposition and I'd expect him to be involved in a far higher degree in the end moments. He got little footage in IW, which is probably an indication that he'd be a big presence in this one.
Row, row, row your boat.
Of course cap will make a big speech & be highlighted/put up against a "major" enemy. He's captain america. The reason he was created at all was to pander to the patriotism in America, and Hollywood will continue to hold Captain America as a top-tier character as he pulls in a lot of money.
Marvel's main face throughout the MCU so far has been Iron Man.
So if we go by your thinking then you fecked up on Iron Man. If we go by my words then it's down to powers and your argument falls apart because despite their little showing (in other words, few feats of strength), using the power of a infinity stone (Vision) & blowing one (SW) up shows a lot more power than throwing a few punches against filler-enemies. The same goes for the Hulk-buster holding back the Hulk, something Cap could never do.

Moby

Dick
Row, row, row your boat.
Of course cap will make a big speech & be highlighted/put up against a "major" enemy. He's captain america. The reason he was created at all was to pander to the patriotism in America, and Hollywood will continue to hold Captain America as a top-tier character as he pulls in a lot of money.
Marvel's main face throughout the MCU so far has been Iron Man.
So if we go by your thinking then you fecked up on Iron Man. If we go by my words then it's down to powers and your argument falls apart because despite their little showing (in other words, few feats of strength), using the power of a infinity stone (Vision) & blowing one (SW) up shows a lot more power than throwing a few punches against filler-enemies. The same goes for the Hulk-buster holding back the Hulk, something Cap could never do.
Mate, you keep on going by who you think is stronger on paper as opposed to who is going to get the most attention and has gotten the most attention in the movies. Those powers mean nothing as they are not going to be highlighted when it matters the most.

Cap held his ground against a fully loaded Infinity Gauntlet as well. His greatest strength is his defense, the one thing you ignored in your posts. The line "I can do this all day" when he fought IM is what literally signifies his character and that is being able to endure any kind of offense and still get back up and fight.

Might not be fancy 'cosmic dust flying out of forehead' stuff but it's what has been a difference maker in the MCU as far as his appearance is concerned in multiple sequences across the years.

At the end we know he's going to be a massive presence in the final showdown, so I don't get how having him left, along with Tony, Thor, Hulk is anything underwhelming when these are the primary names of this entire franchise and would be running the show as expected.

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
Mate, you keep on going by who you think is stronger on paper as opposed to who is going to get the most attention and has gotten the most attention in the movies. Those powers mean nothing as they are not going to be highlighted when it matters the most.
No, I'm going by who is stronger in-universe, while you go after who the direction of the movies will show off the most.

Moby

Dick
No, I'm going by who is stronger in-universe, while you go after who the direction of the movies will show off the most.
Does it matter, when we are not going to see the full extent of whatever 'stonger power' that is? Doesn't matter that Cap cannot fire laser rockets from his little finger, he'd still be putting up a bigger fight than the names you mentioned.

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
Does it matter, when we are not going to see the full extent of whatever 'stonger power' that is? Doesn't matter that Cap cannot fire laser rockets from his little finger, he'd still be putting up a bigger fight than the names you mentioned.
At the end of Infinity Wars, Cap was fighting among the fillers against the horde of filler-enemies.
Scarlet Witch came down and decimated tons of them and the reaction was something to the effect of "why wasn't she down here when she had that kind of power", which was because she had to stay close to the stone in order to destroy it when it was no longer attached to Vision.
Iron Man, Strange, Spider-Man and a big part of the GoG were fighting Thanos on Titan.
Thor was the one who "fought"/tried to kill Thanos when he arrived on earth with Stormbringer.
Hell, going by the logic you used for Iron Man vs Captain America, Scarlet Witch & Black Widow beat Proxima Midnight.
The Hulk-armor (used by Banner) beat Cull Obsidian.
Captain America got his ass handed to him by Corvus Glaive and got rescued by Vision's back-attack.
Doesn't look like your guy is as tier 1 as you believe.

Moby

Dick
At the end of Infinity Wars, Cap was fighting among the fillers against the horde of filler-enemies.
Scarlet Witch came down and decimated tons of them and the reaction was something to the effect of "why wasn't she down here when she had that kind of power".
Iron Man, Strange, Spider-Man and a big part of the GoG were fighting Thanos on Titan.
Thor was the one who "fought"/tried to kill Thanos when he arrived on earth with Stormbringer.
Hell, going by the logic you used for Iron Man vs Captain America, Scarlet Witch & Black Widow beat Proxima Midnight.
The Hulk-armor (used by Banner) beat Cull Obsidian.
Captain America got his ass handed to him by Corvus Glaive and got rescued by Vision's back-attack.
Doesn't look like your guy is as tier 1 as you believe.
Like I said, him being on the sidelines in IW is a big indication that he'd be on the centre stage in this one.

With the amount of characters in these two movies, it was a big challenge to distribute the footage evenly. Most of the main Avengers got benched in IW. Hulk did not feature even once. Thor spent the movie providing comic relief then getting stormbringer for a 2-second attack on Thanos that did nothing. Exactly same as Cap who had a 2-second moment vs Thanos by holding standing ground against the gauntlet and then getting swatted aside. Iron Man got beaten to a pulp by Thanos and was used as hostage to exchange for the Time Stone.

IW was simply about Thanos and him getting all the stones. Nothing else happened in that movie and it is quite likely that all those characters would be allowed to hit back with major fights with a 'vengeance' kinda theme after what Thanos did.

Moby

Dick
Scarlet Witch came down and decimated tons of them and the reaction was something to the effect of "why wasn't she down here when she had that kind of power".
SW and Vision were also getting their ass handed out to them by Midnight and Glaive, and got rescued in the end by ... guess who?

Where was all that infinity stone power and infinity stone destroying power then?

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
Like I said, him being on the sidelines in IW is a big indication that he'd be on the centre stage in this one.

With the amount of characters in these two movies, it was a big challenge to distribute the footage evenly. Most of the main Avengers got benched in IW. Hulk did not feature even once. Thor spent the movie providing comic relief then getting stormbringer for a 2-second attack on Thanos that did nothing. Exactly same as Cap who had a 2-second moment vs Thanos by holding standing ground against the gauntlet and then getting swatted aside. Iron Man got beaten to a pulp by Thanos and was used as hostage to exchange for the Time Stone.

IW was simply about Thanos and him getting all the stones. Nothing else happened in that movie and it is quite likely that all those characters would be allowed to hit back with major fights with a 'vengeance' kinda theme after what Thanos did.
Your first line is speculation. Just as I could say the powers that have been shown by others, in the MCU, could be a hint of what is to come from them.

Hulk had his fight with Thanos early on & got beat like everyone else. Thanos beating Hulk isn't a slight on the Hulk, it's to show people how powerful Thanos really is.
Thanos said himself that he'd be dead if Thor went for the head. That's a bit more than letting Cap hold his fingers.

You seem to have missed the part where saving Tony was the only way the Avengers could win.

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
SW and Vision were also getting their ass handed out to them by Midnight and Glaive, and got rescued in the end by ... guess who?

Where was all that infinity stone power and infinity stone destroying power then?
You mean when they were attacked early on in the movie, where Vision was stabbed by the blade before he knew they were there & couldn't phase through any further attacks?
How they were trying to live a life as a couple & suddenly was in battle as opposed to cap being prepared and not sneaked up on by Glaive? :p

Moby

Dick
Your first line is speculation. Just as I could say the powers that have been shown by others, in the MCU, could be a hint of what is to come from them.

Hulk had his fight with Thanos early on & got beat like everyone else. Thanos beating Hulk isn't a slight on the Hulk, it's to show people how powerful Thanos really is.
Thanos said himself that he'd be dead if Thor went for the head. That's a bit more than letting Cap hold his fingers.

You seem to have missed the part where saving Tony was the only way the Avengers could win.
So basically all the main avengers got beaten up completely by Thanos at different stages of the movie, correct?

Are you not seeing a pattern there? Either ways I'd let you carry on if you don't think Cap America isn't a Tier 1 character for MCU Avengers movie, as it's pretty obvious to most that he is, along with Thor, IM, Hulk.

Spoony

The People's President
So basically all the main avengers got beaten up completely by Thanos at different stages of the movie, correct?

Are you not seeing a pattern there? Either ways I'd let you carry on if you don't think Cap America isn't a Tier 1 character for MCU Avengers movie, as it's pretty obvious to most that he is, along with Thor, IM, Hulk.
He'd get destroyed by Hawkeye and all.