Film Avengers: Endgame (2019)

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
So basically all the main avengers got beaten up completely by Thanos at different stages of the movie, correct?

Are you not seeing a pattern there? Either ways I'd let you carry on if you don't think Cap America isn't a Tier 1 character for MCU Avengers movie, as it's pretty obvious to most that he is, along with Thor, IM, Hulk.
I think he is Tier 1-2 in terms of importance to the story-building within the universe. I've never said otherwise, or at least I've not intended to say otherwise. :lol:
I just disagree on your view that being a important story-building character makes him a powerful one.

Moby

Dick
I think he is Tier 1-2 in terms of importance to the story-building within the universe. I've never said otherwise, or at least I've not intended to say otherwise. :lol:
I just disagree on your view that being a important story-building character makes him a powerful one.
Who cares about who is more powerful in theory? It's obvious who is going to be shown as the more powerful/important in the movie, which is what matters as far as an MCU film is concerned.

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
Who cares about who is more powerful in theory? It's obvious who is going to be shown as the more powerful/important in the movie, which is what matters as far as an MCU film is concerned.
I do, obviously. Otherwise I wouldn't bother responding.
Did you not care when in Dr Strange the staff of the living tribunal was shown? It's a powerful object. They likely won't use the living tribunal in these movies but knowing that he is in the MCU is cool. If we just take the movies for what they expressly show us then speculations don't matter.

Either way, we're far apart from getting to a agreement, so we might as well just not agree.

elnorte

Freaky fly day
I don't watch them but isn't Iron Man just a bloke in a suit?

Welsh Wonder

A dribbling mess on the sauce
No mate he had iron injected directly into his veins. They ended up injecting through his penis due to his history as a heroin addict.

Moby

Dick
I do, obviously. Otherwise I wouldn't bother responding.
Did you not care when in Dr Strange the staff of the living tribunal was shown? It's a powerful object. They likely won't use the living tribunal in these movies but knowing that he is in the MCU is cool. If we just take the movies for what they expressly show us then speculations don't matter.

Either way, we're far apart from getting to a agreement, so we might as well just not agree.
Nah the simply point is that you keep on concentrating on their characters from what has been done in comics and what all has been said in the movies about their powers, like Vision having the power of an infinity stone and all. When in reality none of that is going to be displayed ahead of the most popular names that have been there since the first avengers film for obvious reasons. Strange was probably the most important guy in IW and Cumberbatch playing that role was a big reason for that. There's a big difference in what to expect in a massive budget movie with highly paid hugely popular actors as opposed to a comic book and much to the annoyance of purist nerds, it's obvious that a movie of that scale is going to prioritise the popular names and give them the best story-lines.

Keeping that in mind, someone like Cap going into the last film, along with other main avengers, is obviously going to be hugely important and likely to provide some major scenes. For anyone who has enjoyed the MCU itself so far they'd take that as a more important factor than whatever theoretical powers whoever has or what has been done in the comics.

I very much enjoy the mystical powers or the cosmic level feats the other characters have been shown to have in comics, but I wouldn't be going into an MCU movie expecting it to follow that to the last detail. There's different medium to enjoy stuff like that. SW is stronger than anyone apart from Hulk in the current cast.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Captain America is underwhelming?
Absolutely. The most tedious character in their whole universe. He somehow remained flat even in a movie when they’ve tried to make him a “villain”.

Moby

Dick
Absolutely. The most tedious character in their whole universe. He somehow remained flat even in a movie when they’ve tried to make him a “villain”.
Fair enough. Don't think there's any good actor in any of these movies if you are looking for that sorta thing. RDJ is pretty boring and one dimensional. Hemsworth isn't much of an actor and more a physical specimen. Same for most others really. Brolin was probably one of the better performances in these movies especially the scene with Gamorra, but that was still pretty much bang average. Don't really go into these pop corn movies for good acting performances. It's mainly just about the VFX, action sequences and mild interest in the half baked plot lines full of deus ex machina.

MDFC Manager

Of course cap will make a big speech & be highlighted/put up against a "major" enemy. He's captain america. The reason he was created at all was to pander to the patriotism in America, and Hollywood will continue to hold Captain America as a top-tier character as he pulls in a lot of money.
Marvel's main face throughout the MCU so far has been Iron Man.
Spot on about Captain America being propped up to pander to the jingoistic American audience.

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
I don't watch them but isn't Iron Man just a bloke in a suit?

Nah the simply point is that you keep on concentrating on their characters from what has been done in comics and what all has been said in the movies about their powers, like Vision having the power of an infinity stone and all. When in reality none of that is going to be displayed ahead of the most popular names that have been there since the first avengers film for obvious reasons. Strange was probably the most important guy in IW and Cumberbatch playing that role was a big reason for that. There's a big difference in what to expect in a massive budget movie with highly paid hugely popular actors as opposed to a comic book and much to the annoyance of purist nerds, it's obvious that a movie of that scale is going to prioritise the popular names and give them the best story-lines.

Keeping that in mind, someone like Cap going into the last film, along with other main avengers, is obviously going to be hugely important and likely to provide some major scenes. For anyone who has enjoyed the MCU itself so far they'd take that as a more important factor than whatever theoretical powers whoever has or what has been done in the comics.

I very much enjoy the mystical powers or the cosmic level feats the other characters have been shown to have in comics, but I wouldn't be going into an MCU movie expecting it to follow that to the last detail. There's different medium to enjoy stuff like that. SW is stronger than anyone apart from Hulk in the current cast.
Djesus, you just can't give in, can you?
Incapable of even agreeing to disagree.

Go over my posts and you'll find answers to everything you've moaned about, remember to click links. :lol:

Moby

Dick
Djesus, you just can't give in, can you?
Incapable of even agreeing to disagree.

Go over my posts and you'll find answers to everything you've moaned about, remember to click links. :lol:
Calm down, no one's moaning about anything in here. We got your point about who is stronger in theory in the very first reply, the replies after that have been about the importance of characters in the movies, not their powers. Weird to get touchy about it to be honest.

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
Calm down, no one's moaning about anything in here. We got your point about who is stronger in theory in the very first reply, the replies after that have been about the importance of characters in the movies, not their powers. Weird to get touchy about it to be honest.
Theory is speculating on Odinforce or Hulks infinite power-potential. Or that holding Thanoses fingers makes you as strong as someone who got an axe into his stomach, or saying that Captain America is stronger than Iron Man based on Civil War where Iron Man was only after Bucky while Cap got in free-shots to take away tech and had Bucky to help him.

Scarlet Witch having the power to destroy a infinity stone isn't theory.

Vision having had the power to use his stone wasn't theory.

I get it, you don't really care much for stuff outside VFX and action sequences & like Captain America. It's fine. :p

Welsh Wonder

Feck is wrong with you people, Cap is the absolute best. I almost feel like invading the middle east whenever I see his shield.

Moby

Dick
Theory is speculating on Odinforce or Hulks infinite power-potential. Or that holding Thanoses fingers makes you as strong as someone who got an axe into his stomach, or saying that Captain America is stronger than Iron Man based on Civil War where Iron Man was only after Bucky while Cap got in free-shots to take away tech and had Bucky to help him.

Scarlet Witch having the power to destroy a infinity stone isn't theory.

Vision having had the power to use his stone wasn't theory.

I get it, you don't really care much for stuff outside VFX and action sequences & like Captain America. It's fine. :p
Jesus christ. :lol: How can you not understand that I've agreed with you like 100 posts ago that Cap isn't stronger than many characters in the movie, yet far more important than most in the movies?

Literally said SW is stronger than anyone bar the Hulk, not sure if you speak another language which might help in clearing such a basic point.

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
Jesus christ. :lol: How can you not understand that I've agreed with you like 100 posts ago that Cap isn't stronger than many characters in the movie, yet far more important than most in the movies?

Literally said SW is stronger than anyone bar the Hulk, not sure if you speak another language which might help in clearing such a basic point.
It started with them being a bunch of underwhelming super-heroes. You specifically asked about what makes Captain America underwhelming without noting it to be about story or anything of the sort.
I then comment that in terms of power, Cap too is underwhelming compared to other power-houses in the MCU. You go on about how Cap "beat" Iron Man and try to discuss theory-power, screen-time focus being power and ask if I'm talking about comics or the MCU despite linking to videos within the MCU.

Now you say you agree that he isn't that powerful after all. Why not just say he's a primary character within the MCU? No need to argue that he's super-powerful.

Moby

Dick
Why not just say he's a primary character within the MCU?
You mean, apart from the 10 odd times that I have so far?

No need to argue that he's super-powerful.
Who is? He is super-important in the movies, and will be again in the upcoming move.

It started with them being a bunch of underwhelming super-heroes.
There have been 3 different POVs for that in this thread - power, importance, on-screen charisma. Depends on what you are looking for which would decide whether they are underwhelming or not.

Vato

Watches other men wank.Supports Real.Coincidence?
Supports
Real Madrid

Dunno, dude. Pretty sure captain planet couldn't survive the firepower of 3 hataks or even 1 uber asgard beam.

Moby

Dick
Dunno, dude. Pretty sure captain planet couldn't survive the firepower of 3 hataks or even 1 uber asgard beam.
As long as it's the MCU he'd survive anything they want him to.

Dunno why nerds think the movie-makers care about their comic-book fundamentals. Especially when the MCU has completely messed with the powers of most characters from the comic books. Characters that are a lot more powerful have been toyed around like garbage while less powerful ones have been constantly winning whatever comes their way.

Nickosaur

I still haven't seen infinty war yet, might try and watch it tomorrow. Was it good?

fellaini's barber

Love Cap,his movies are always a level above most of the other MCU movies maybe because they're always directed by the Russo bro's.

Deleted member 101472

Can any kind soul please PM me a good place to catch a HD river of infinity war?

marukomu

The Gatekeeper
Nobody has mentioned Warlock. I reckon he'll be one of the most important characters.

Welsh Wonder

Too early to be pissed off by a thread title. Someone add a colon and decapitalise ENDGAME. @Damien this sounds like a job for you, robot man.