"Average" players looking godlike in weaker leagues

Parry Gallister

Saw Trundle play a far few times, and sometimes he looked like Pele, other times he looked like a obese asthmatic waiting for a bus. I think his failure to make it at a higher level could have been down to fitness and dedication over ability.

I would have like to have seen Steve Bull play at a higher level.
:lol:

Most of the time he looked like both. Gifted footballer, shite athlete.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG

Hullyback

Supports
Liverpool FC
No, they have never been consistent. Depay & Balotelli are flops. I'd say instead Ben Arfa 2 years ago with Nice.

The troll :)

Eto'o is just the greatest African player in the history of the game IMO

He is just on the decline because he's is very old
I'd say Weah, but I'm possibly older than you so he sticks in my mind more.

Or, you could technically say Zidane cos he's as French as I am lol.

Classical Mechanic

No, they have never been consistent. Depay & Balotelli are flops. I'd say instead Ben Arfa 2 years ago with Nice.

The troll :)

Eto'o is just the greatest African player in the history of the game IMO

He is just on the decline because he's is very old
Depay is no flop he has only been there 6 months!

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
I do remember Weah: fantastic player but inconsistent for my taste. Stats not very impressive. Weah is spectacular, talented, complete but he hasn't the fighting-spirit of a player like Eto'o.

Weah: around 200 goals in his career
Eto'o: around 400 goals

Lol

El cangrejo

Supports
FC Luzern

You were born in France, grew up in France, played over 100 times for France and are an officer of the legion of honor?

Jaybomb

I don't think you can underestimate any of these players.

Whether anyone wants to admit it or not, scoring goals ANYWHERE is hard.

I don't buy into the whole "They can't handle the Premier League" bollocks. Sometimes it's simply the Team that doesn't suit them.

Look at Torres at Chelsea... if he didn't light it up for Liverpool, I bet lots of people would say he couldn't handle the Premier League. But we all know his spell at Chelsea wasn't much different to someone like Shevchenko or Falcao when he was here. And those are two players that constantly get that said about them.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid

You're born and raised in Marseille?

Hullyback

Supports
Liverpool FC
You're born and raised in Marseille?
Nope, and my parents aren't Algerian. Hence me being as French as Zidane. You can birth a pig in a stable, doesn't make it a horse.

I was born in Malta, I'm not Maltese.

Mciahel Goodman

Worst Werewolf Player of All Times
Staff
Nope, and my parents aren't Algerian. Hence me being as French as Zidane. You can birth a pig in a stable, doesn't make it a horse.
That's a ridiculous concept of what makes someone a constituent of another country. Being born there and living there isn't enough?

Hullyback

Supports
Liverpool FC
That's a ridiculous concept of what makes someone a constituent of another country. Being born there and living there isn't enough?
Why do you care what my opinion is? Read the original post that got quoted and you'll see it's tongue in cheek. Too many snowflakes on this Internet thingymajingy.

As I was born in Malta and lived there also, I'll now proclaim myself to be Maltese. That seems to be how it works, and I might even get called up to play England. Hurrah

El cangrejo

Supports
FC Luzern

I was born in Malta, I'm not Maltese.
I've seen some nonsense but this really takes the cake.

Once you start going down this path you're basically promoting ethno-nationalism which is problematic to say the least.

Zidane is a Frenchman of Algerian descent. As the father of mixed-race and heritage children who were born and live in a country neither of their parents originated from, I would find it ridiculous to deny them their birth nationality and insist they only identified with countries that they have zero experience of living in.