Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

SaboTaj

This guy is going to become some defender. Great prospect who i think is ready to put in some first team minutes in the league this season if need be.

Mike09

From all the youngsters and our current youngster especially from the academy prior Januzaj's first season until now, the one that I have confidence with and I am sure will be top player is this guy. Such a composed and strong. He looks very matured compared to the others.

criticalanalysis

His composure is fecking ice cold.

He's played right back, DM and left wing back without looking out of sorts. They are small samples but he's got something about him, a bit like Blind with his unwavering but muted confidence.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Should be starting. Has more of a Man Utd mentality than several 1st team centre halves.

Bwuk

Should be starting. Has more of a Man Utd mentality than several 1st team centre halves.
It's strange but I think you can make a case for that. He seems far less likely to have a brain fart than Smalling or Jones, he just seems so calm and composed.

It's strange but I think you can make a case for that. He seems far less likely to have a brain fart than Smalling or Jones, he just seems so calm and composed.
Jones, Smalling, Lindelof, Blind. Bailly and Rojo are the only two who are comfortably better centre backs and one is out until Xmas!

Bwuk

Jones, Smalling, Lindelof, Blind. Bailly and Rojo are the only two who are comfortably better and if them is out until Xmas!
Can't really judge Lindelof as it's only pre season and he's just here.

Blind I think is our best partner for Bailly going into the season but Jose doesn't seem keen on him being a starter.

Blind I think is our best partner for Bailly going into the season but Jose doesn't seem keen on him being a starter.
Blind is too small and too easily turned by pace. Although this is less of an issue at centre back than at full back, I'd fear for Blind against Vardy or Chicharito. He'd get run ragged. Axel deserves a chance.

Bwuk

Blind is too small and too easily turned by pace. Although this is less of an issue at centre back than at full back, I'd fear for Blind against Vardy or Chicharito. He'd get run ragged. Axel deserves a chance.
People have said the same the last two seasons about Blind and it's rarely happened.

ariel

Until now he played the least amount of minutes than any other player. Very disappointing.
Sadly, i think it will be another wasted season with high praise by Mou but with hardly any playing time

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer

Blind is nowhere near good enough to start at CB. Jose should give Axel a proper chance imo

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
Until now he played the least amount of minutes than any other player. Very disappointing.
Sadly, i think it will be another wasted season with high praise by Mou but with hardly any playing time
He should have played as a DM once Herrera went off imo

FCBarca

Mes que un Rag
Supports
Peace
Lot to like about the player but similarly lot to not like about Mou when it comes to developing youth players - hopefully for fans and the player, he remains part of the 1st team squad but unless Smalling or Jones is moved I suspect he would be best served by a loan, at least

Classical Mechanic

Lot to like about the player but similarly lot to not like about Mou when it comes to developing youth players - hopefully for fans and the player, he remains part of the 1st team squad but unless Smalling or Jones is moved I suspect he would be best served by a loan, at least
Hopefully he won't be our Loftus-Cheek.

FCBarca

Mes que un Rag
Supports
Peace
Hopefully he won't be our Loftus-Cheek.
For me, this is the whole reason to support a player's development - coming through the academy of your club and not just being a smart & hardworking lad but talented & leadership in abundance. You have to support players like this and he's ready to be a part of the 1st team, even for depth. You have to reward that sort of dedication IMHO

Classical Mechanic

For me, this is the whole reason to support a player's development - coming through the academy of your club and not just being a smart & hardworking lad but talented & leadership in abundance. You have to support players like this and he's ready to be a part of the 1st team, even for depth. You have to reward that sort of dedication IMHO
Loftus-Cheek was denied loans by Chelsea as they wanted him as back up the managers didn't trust him enough to play him. One of England's very best prospect and has started 7 games in the past three seasons. That said, he signed a new contract there. It is why I don't blame Solanke for leaving on a free. Shame on Chelsea for punishing Solanke for that though.

Fosuh-Mensah had a wasted season last year with us, a few senior games but no reserve football to fill in?!

Hope it doesn't happen to Ax.

FCBarca

Mes que un Rag
Supports
Peace
Loftus-Cheek was denied loans by Chelsea as they wanted him as back up the managers didn't trust him enough to play him. One of England's very best prospect and has started 7 games in the past three seasons. That said, he signed a new contract there. It is why I don't blame Solanke for leaving on a free. Shame on Chelsea for punishing Solanke for that though.

Fosuh-Mensah had a wasted season last year with us, a few senior games but no reserve football to fill in?!

Hope it doesn't happen to Ax.
And yet, youth players etc. will likely still sign with Chelsea on the hope of coming through or getting paid but it will not foster an identity with the club much less loyalty or a special relationship with fans. At least that's my take - no one will defend your club's shirt more than a kid that came through the academy

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
I think it will be difficult to give enough game time to both TFM and Tuanzebe this year. Hope Tuanzebe gets a loan.

Would love to see TFM get a lot of minutes this year. It would also be a bit ironical considering all the criticism Mourinho gets when it comes to player development and willingness to give youth a chance.

In Mourinhos first year he gives Marcus Rahford a lot of game time, while a similar talent in City, Kelshi, gets very limited game time from Pep (and is shipped out the following summer).

In Mourinhos second year he develops Mensah, while Pep buys full backs for £150 mill and ignores Maffeo?

DeOddi

Hope he and Fosu-Mensah get a good loan. We have too many centre-backs for Tuanzebe to ever get a proper run in the team. And with the machine Valencia ahead of him, Fosu-Mensah probably won´t see much/if any game time either (and if Valencia doesn´t play Darmian or Young are ahead of him). Unless we have a crap season like last year when we could gift the young lads some game time at the end, because there was nothing to play for anyway, i don´t see much chances for most of them. That said.... considering our squad hasn´t really improved so far there´s a decent chance Mourinho could be able to gift the youngsters some games at the end of the season again.

Even if he isn´t at United anymore, you just have to look at someone like Keane and how much he benefited from his loan at Leicester City. Obviously there are many loans that don´t work out, but both of them are physically ready and just too good to sit in the stands all season watching the other play.

WhoDaGOAT

The coaching staff and Mourinho need a slap if they can't find a place for him.

The guy shackled Alexis with ease last season and has shown his worth across positions that are foreign to him.

He might be able to push the others at CB is given an actual chance.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
Jose is likely to keep him imo. We need another versatile player, especially someone who could also play as DM

Agree with this. I can't understand why we bought Lindelof and moved Blind back to a position he's not that great in. Surely Blind is a better CB than Lindelof at this stage.
But Blind struggles with the speed of opposition right wingers that drive past him into dangerous positions with ease, leaving the defence exposed. If anything you would think we might have continued to classify Blind among our contingent of CBs, and purchased a new LB instead.

FromTheBench

That run was excellent and had composure after that to pick out Martial too.

Jose hasn't used him.much this pre.season though. Not sure what to make of it for the future.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Someone to think about when fielding a dynamic 11.

Him and Mensah will give Mourinho much needed options for defense.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Nice dribble and spin down the wing. Needs to sort out his throw ins!

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
Jose hasn't used him.much this pre.season though. Not sure what to make of it for the future.
He's a 19 year old playing in a position which requires peak concentration and maturity. You probably shouldn't read much into it. The fact he's getting minutes last season and during preseason, plus Mourinho name checking him a couple of times, bodes well for the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.