Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

haram

What's the rush with him? He's just about to turn 20. Him training under Mourinho is fruitful. He will get more chances and will be ready soon. We have good options, there's no point in just throwing him in.

yo@Kirk

Axel is young player with great ability and attitude. I believe he could win the RB position, and play very well, if he's given a chance show he's capable of supporting the attack from RB. If he shows adequate offensive talent, I think he has the skillset to be much better at RB than he would be at CB.

Valencia will be in the last year of his contract next year. I think Axel has to prove he's capable of succeeding Valencia this season or Mourinho will spend big on a RB to succeed Valencia next summer. Axel at RB and Kieran Tierney at LB would be great bookends for the back 4 because of their abilities and attitude.

roseguy64

Why is he not good enough? Has he been given an opportunity? If he is not good enough for the EPL then why are people saying send him on loan to a premier league team.
Guy looks like a natural talent
Not good enough to start for a Champions League team. He's good enough to play for a Premier League team though

wolvored

What's the rush with him? He's just about to turn 20. Him training under Mourinho is fruitful. He will get more chances and will be ready soon. We have good options, there's no point in just throwing him in.
We bought Shaw and stuck him in the first team at 18, same as Jones at 19. If they are good enough they are old enough.

Android1974

Incredibly anal about player positions in lineups
Just don't use him against Lindelöf, because this one is Mourinho's choice and he will get cornered into admitting he was wrong and the kid will end up suffering for it.

I Believe

everything Nigel Farage told me
Axel has the talent, just not the confidence yet.

Jose was right he started off a bit nervously against Swansea, but once he made that little thrusting run forward with the ball that took out two or three Swansea players and that led to the second goal, you could see the confidence surging and he showed more of his capability. Axel's got to be one for the future, I hope Jose gives him as much game time as possible. Prefer him as full back rather than midfield, but that's based on what he's shown so far!

Dante

Average bang

I know this doesn't tell us much in terms of his ability at the top level, but I thought it was quite interesting nevertheless.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
2 appearances in 5 months is extremely disappointing.

kundalini

It would appear that Mourinho rates Tuanzebe but perhaps doesn't trust him to play central defence at this stage. 4 starts in the PL at the end of last season, 3 as a defensive midfielder, one exceptional performance as a right-back against Arsenal and 22 mins as a right-back against Wigan in the FA cup. This season, one start as part of a back three against Swansea in the League Cup and now 17 mins as a right-back.

Unlike McTominay, Axel has only been an unused sub twice this season, despite numerous injuries to central defenders and Lindelof's poor early form.

If there is a decent loan offer for the 2nd half of the season, I'd certainly consider it. Might change my mind if he starts against Bristol City in the League Cup and Derby in the FA cup.

Last edited:

DWelbz19

@Damien possible to change his national flag from DR Congo to England?

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
2 appearances in 5 months is extremely disappointing.
I wanna see more of him, but there hasn't been that much opportunity for youngsters this season really?
Maybe one or two he could've realistically appeared in. Not gonna hold it against Jose though when I've seen him and McTominay getting games.
Hopefully we see a few more this season and then build it on the next, unless a loan would make more sense.

Bwuk

Loan him in January.

we have Smalling, Jones, Bailly, Rojo, Lindelof and Blind for CB.

DWelbz19

Is he injured? I expected him to be a shoe-in for yesterdays game.

We’re at the end of the December and he’s played twice. Yet so many fans get so aggressive against young players when they opt for loans to get consistent football, and not want to ‘stay and fight’ for places.

SqualorVictoria

Supports
City

We’re at the end of the December and he’s played twice. Yet so many fans get so aggressive against young players when they opt for loans to get consistent football, and not want to ‘stay and fight’ for places.
He was in the travelling squad but ended up as the one outfield player outside of the matchday one, so you'd assume he was not injured.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout

Aye. He or TFM should play ahead of Darmian every single time, they need minutes and could actually develop into United players.

Ballache

Supports
Martial
I reckon he stayed because Rojo was injured, he will go out on loan in Jan IMO. Hopefully a solid Championship team where he can play week in week out, ideal scenario would be like the one Evans had with Sunderland.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...

He should go on loan for sure. The stay and fight is a load of bollocks when they aren't given a place to fight for.

Lawman

Looks such a good player I hope he gets a chance.

shield

Think our problem is that quite a few of our squad are so average that they cannot considered for important matches and have to be played in dead rubber and unimportant games. These games which would have ideally gone to our youth players. So our youth players don't get to play even in the League Cup.

Axel has looked class whenever he has played. Had he been a 50M signing, he would have been playing every week. Think it makes much more sense to leave for Italy or Spain and then make the step up, rather than hoping that they will ever get a chance to be regular member of the team.

The Stain

Soccer Manager's Highwayman
Not even in the squad tonight. If we don't sell one of our defenders (Darmian) in January i hope he goes out on loan. Preferably to a PL club like Fosu-Mensah but a top club in the Championship would do. Let's not have him waste another season without matches.

Red-17

There's absolutely zero reason that Blind, Darmian, and Rojo should be ahead of him in the pecking order right now. He's probably also a better fit at right back than Lindelof. Incredibly frustrating how Jose has placed absolutely zero trust in him or Fosu-Mensah. Between this year and last, both have hardly played a single minute of football in a competitive situation for us. It's either been in the league cup, as a last minute time wasting sub, or when we'd given up on the league.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
whats your point, Many young players with talent are playing when they are 17,18. Exactly he is 20 and needs to be playing football
We don't know the plans we have for him. Like many have said, maybe he is going out on loan. If not, he's not "fecking wasting his career". Given what happened in the league cup, I don't think Mourinho wants to risk being knocked out of the FA Cup.

red4ever 79

We don't know the plans we have for him. Like many have said, maybe he is going out on loan. If not, he's not "fecking wasting his career". Given what happened in the league cup, I don't think Mourinho wants to risk being knocked out of the FA Cup.
If a professional footballer is not being given the opportunities to perform his 'job' then he is wasting his talent and career there. It was a similar situation with Forsu Mensah and Perreria. Talented young lads who must be given more opportunities. They are no worse than Darmian, Lindelof, Miki yet Jose seems reluctant to put his faith in them.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
If a professional footballer is not being given the opportunities to perform his 'job' then he is wasting his talent and career there. It was a similar situation with Forsu Mensah and Perreria. Talented young lads who must be given more opportunities. They are no worse than Darmian, Lindelof, Miki yet Jose seems reluctant to put his faith in them.
Honestly, no they are not better. What have they done to show that? Fosu Mensah cant even get into the Palace team. Perreira, Im not too sure about.

DWelbz19

If you're good enough you'll play and all that lads

Status
Not open for further replies.