Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

criticalanalysis

Just play him. He's done little wrong and plenty of good in pretty much every appearance and minutes he's had.

Listar

Just play him. He's done little wrong and plenty of good in pretty much every appearance and minutes he's had.
Agreed, better than any options we currently have. Tottenham may be a good game to throw him in. Van Gaal did similar with big games and succeeded. Rashford vs Arsenal comes into mind.

roseguy64

Definitely needs to go on loan in January. Could start for one of the lower Premier league teams but would likely get consistent starts if he was to go to the Championship

marlowe78

He looked a bit shaky in the early stages but he soon got his footing and looked a genuine part of the team, which was impressive.

khoazany

Agreed, better than any options we currently have. Tottenham may be a good game to throw him in. Van Gaal did similar with big games and succeeded. Rashford vs Arsenal comes into mind.
Might have to if we play 3 at the back.

Scholes the maestro

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Such a calm and composed performance from the kid. There was some sort of calmness everytime he was on the ball and did not lose possession when he was pressed. Should get more sub appearances near the end to see out games. I think he will keep possession and circulate ball well.

Reactions: Invictus

prtk0811

Our home grown academy kids with potential suits the team the best. Fosu mensah tuanzebe are our future starters i feel.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
His pace and strength are very good, the way he shrugged off Routledge was great to see, who always plays like Ronaldo against us.

Hopefully he plays against Spurs if we play with back 3, then again we have Smalling, Bailly, Jones ready for this game.

Cyanide

I really hope he is ready for more first team football and we do not regret this.Or in case he makes a mistake for the sole reason he does not have experience we don't criticize him ruthlessly.

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Looks a great prospect hope he gets enough games.

BeckhamtoScholes

Had a good game and I rate him, but made a poor challenge on the edge of the box and the pass for the goal was a bit lucky it got through to Darmian

red4ever 79

Very impressed. Nervy opening 20 mins but once he settled down he looked composed and our best defender. What I do not understand and it has probably been asked on here, how the hell is this guy behind Lindelof in terms of opportunities? Disgraceful man management from Jose.

I have also seen people on here saying he should be sent out on loan? I dont get that either. Yes he needs to play but he is more than good enough to play here at utd. Give him a run of games. Every time he has featured he looks our best defender

stu_1992

Good performance, certainly deserves more game time based off last night's performance. Hopefully we can confirm Champions League qualification in the next game and give him game time in those remaining fixtures at least. I'd have him over Lindeof currently, and I'm sure many would feel the same.

Ballache

Supports
Martial
We should send him on loan as soon as Rojo is fit again. I can easily see him starting for a team like Swansea.

roseguy64

Very impressed. Nervy opening 20 mins but once he settled down he looked composed and our best defender. What I do not understand and it has probably been asked on here, how the hell is this guy behind Lindelof in terms of opportunities? Disgraceful man management from Jose.

I have also seen people on here saying he should be sent out on loan? I dont get that either. Yes he needs to play but he is more than good enough to play here at utd. Give him a run of games. Every time he has featured he looks our best defender
He's not good enough to get a run of games. Also, once he makes a mistake in the PL he'll be tarred and feathered especially if it's match losing.

red4ever 79

He's not good enough to get a run of games. Also, once he makes a mistake in the PL he'll be tarred and feathered especially if it's match losing.
Why is he not good enough? Has he been given an opportunity? If he is not good enough for the EPL then why are people saying send him on loan to a premier league team.
Guy looks like a natural talent

NoPace

It's early, but he certainly looks faster, stronger and better in 1 on 1s than Lindelof, less erratic than Rojo (apart from his solid period last year), better on the ball than Smalling and less injury prone than Jones, so long-term might well win the job as Bailly's partner. Not really an obvious weakness, is my point, which is sort of rare in a CB, but just a question of how good he really is.

shield

Looks so good each time he plays. I don't know why we had to spuk good money on Lindelof, who is having a slow start, when we had someone this good already with us. Also, has not been overhyped like other youngsters, has kept a low profile and is making good progress. Would like Mourinho to show more faith in him the way he is doing for Rashford.

Arka_BleedingRed

It's early, but he certainly looks faster, stronger and better in 1 on 1s than Lindelof, less erratic than Rojo (apart from his solid period last year), better on the ball than Smalling and less injury prone than Jones, so long-term might well win the job as Bailly's partner. Not really an obvious weakness, is my point, which is sort of rare in a CB, but just a question of how good he really is.
True. His composure, passing , ball skills, reading of the game and defensive abilities look excellent. Shows no obvious weaknesses, but his positioning and aerial abilities needs improvement. I think he might easily slot into the defensive midfielder slot too.
IMO, Lindelof was an unnecessary purchase, if given enough chances, I think Axel will quickly establish himself as a starter once he irons out the little kinks.

Alfie092

If Bailly isn't fit enough to play vs Spurs then I would play a back 3 of Tuanzebe - Smalling - Jones.

Once all our key defenders are back from injury, I sadly feel Axel won't get much of a chance to show his potential in Premier League games this season :(

Just hope providing we beat Benfica next week that he plays the remaining 2 CL group games along with getting some games in the domestic cups. Maybe then he could force his way into a more regular starter in the Premier League games!

Alfie092

With Bailly, Rojo, Jones, Smalling along with the prospects TMF and Axel. Oh and Blind can play CB too, maybe we could have used the Lindelof money to buy a LB instead or contribute towards the payment for Perisic :confused:

I still won't write off Lindelof just as yet, I would still give him 1 more season.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
His weakness is in the air, like a lot of "modern" CB's, but that's something which is becoming less important. He does look a great prospect though, Jose must not like him "that" much, or why would he have bought Lindelof.

Grande

You’ve just described Theresa May. And me.

yo@Kirk

Why can't Axel play RB? He did not disappoint vs Arsenal and Alexis Sanchez last season. I think his physical abilities, discipline, and attitude would allow him to dominate wide attacking players defensively at RB in a back 4. I think he would be good at CB in a back 4 and very good as a wide CB in a back 3 but not dominate attacking players like he would playing FB in a back 4.

Valencia and Darmian will be on the final year of their contracts next season and Axel is probably 5th best for CB in a back 4, so the path to first team looks better at RB. I hope Axel gets some games at RB so we can see what he has in support of the attack because he hasn't had much opportunity to show what he has in the attacking third.

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Why can't Axel play RB? He did not disappoint vs Arsenal and Alexis Sanchez last season. I think his physical abilities, discipline, and attitude would allow him to dominate wide attacking players defensively at RB in a back 4. I think he would be good at CB in a back 4 and very good as a wide CB in a back 3 but not dominate attacking players like he would playing FB in a back 4.

Valencia and Darmian will be on the final year of their contracts next season and Axel is probably 5th best for CB in a back 4, so the path to first team looks better at RB. I hope Axel gets some games at RB so we can see what he has in support of the attack because he hasn't had much opportunity to show what he has in the attacking third.
Some game time anywhere would be nice but at the same time Tony V is such a good player. I honestly think Axel will start Saturday.

Zlatattack

If he doesn't have attacking attributes he won't play RB. In the modern game a RB is like a winger who can defend. I think the attributes are split 50:50 between defending and attacking.

yo@Kirk

At this point in his career, Valencia is getting into the 70:30 zone as far as defending and attacking. And it's unlikely he'll get better in attack with more experience. Axel's one shot at RB was against Arsenal and Alexis Sanchez so he didn't have many chances to get forward.

If Axel got a shot at RB vs Benfica next week, we could get a better read on what his defending and attacking balance is. We know Axel has taken advantage of the first team opportunities he's been given at multiple positions. I'd like to see what he does with the opportunity to get forward from RB before I decide he's not suited for the position. I'm pretty sure Axel would get better with experience if he shows some attacking ability.

Status
Not open for further replies.