g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });
Axel Tuanzebe image 38

Axel Tuanzebe England flag

2017-18 Performances

View full 2017-18 profile

6.5 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He needs consistent football. A January loan, maybe? Otherwise he/we will waste away his time and talent by sitting in the stands for 85% of the season.

Anderley

Solid prospect. I have seen nothing to convince me that he should be as far down the picking order as he seems to be.

Reactions: Raoul

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
not bad, not great. Of course, he is still very young but I didn't see anything to get excited about.

Ban

He looks like a huge prospect. Cool as feck the whole game, good technique, calm while defending and on the ball.

Red-17

One appearance by the end of October is not enough for someone with this much talent and potential. He either needs to be moved up the pecking order or go out on loan in January because he's way too good to only play a few games a season.

Elokobi

This sort of performance isn't a surprise to people who have known about Tuanzebe for the last 2 years or so. He is exceptionally good and is genuinely ready to play a lot more games for us.

I do hope that Mourinho has a clear path in mind for him because I don't want him to reach 21/22 still playing the odd game here and there.

Reactions: KM

Dyslexic Untied

Another good display. Just hope we continue giving him (more) chances. He starts for me ahead of Lindelof and maybe even Blind.

LoneStar

That second half performance was majestic. Very cool and composed, and seems pretty decent with the ball at his feet too. Hoping he'll get more action in the upcoming weeks, maybe CL footie.

Njord

Seems like this years Fosu-Mensah, as he isn't playing much for the first team or the reserves, although he seems ready for more minutes. Guessing he'll get a loan next season.

engulfing

Superb performance today. Looks way better than lindelof and should move ahead in the pecking order. So comfortable with the ball. Clearly too good for reserve football.

Prodigy24

Big fan of Axel and thought he did well tonight. Has a future in the club for sure, and should definitely play more. Looking forward seeing him play in the Champions League games after we have qualified.

SteveW

He's a very good player. This will surprise nobody who's followed his career

Manny

Grammar Police
Jose really needs to find him minutes in the PL.

He's superb on the ball but the defensive side of his game will not improve by playing in cup games against the likes of Swansea.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He's played for the youth teams. Played for the u20s this year.
Missed the U20 World Cup though, it was when he had a serious injury crisis at the back and the club retained him to play a few games.

yo@Kirk

Fast, quick, strong, and confident on the ball. He should be in the competition for RB. Even if he jumps ahead of Lindelof at CB, he'll still be behind Bailly, Jones, Smalling, and Rojo for first team opportunities.

If Darmian isn't good enough to play ahead of an aging and ineffective in attack Valencia, why not give Axel a shot at succeeding Valencia? Axel has been positive in his opportunities as a starter so he should be rewarded with more chances to impress.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Looked really in control of the ball and confident. Something I've not seen for ages from a United cb. I'd be very happy to give him games over Lindelof.

Jib

Seems like this years Fosu-Mensah, as he isn't playing much for the first team or the reserves, although he seems ready for more minutes. Guessing he'll get a loan next season.
Fosu is raw. Tuanzebe seems ready, great talent.

Mr PG

Are people forgetting Tuanzebe did a job on Alexis Sanchez last season. Jose is just too conservative with youngsters that he'd rather have started Lindeolf than Tua vs HUD and it backfired.

Devil may care

He looks like the one that has the best chance to break through from the youth players, he's got a real presence about him and plays with a real confidence and composure.

macheda14

Are people forgetting Tuanzebe did a job on Alexis Sanchez last season. Jose is just too conservative with youngsters that he'd rather have started Lindeolf than Tua vs HUD and it backfired.
Remind me when he started Lindelof against Huddersfield?

KetilOwren88

That run he had with the ball trough Swansea's midfield in front of the second goal was very nice to see. I really miss that ability from the other centre backs at the club. He has confidence and is good on the ball. Has he played midfield for some of our youth teams?

The Mitcher

connoisseur of pot noodles and sandwiches
Lindelof is a young player too.

Kopral Jono

I was really impressed with his reading of the game. Looked a better player than Smalling, let alone Lindelof.

Status
Not open for further replies.