Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

SqualorVictoria

Supports
City
Wanting them to stay means feck all. He wanted RLC to stay at Chelsea then didn't play him, same thing with TFM last year. It isn't about young players but youth players with no first team experience. He will never give them that experience.
He also said something in the lines that if RLC and the likes don't become (English?) regulars then he failed at his job at Chelsea. Well, eventually he did fail but it was still a weird quote even by his standards back then, given his history.

With that being said, he has a bit of an eye for a defensive talent and while Zouma wasn't exactly developed at Chelsea as a kid, he became a beast under him up until his injury. That's why I find it quite surprising that Tuanzebe didn't even get a look in after his solid last season and good pre-season.

Reactions: KM

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
He also said something in the lines that if RLC and the likes don't become (English?) regulars then he failed at his job at Chelsea. Well, eventually he did fail but it was still a weird quote even by his standards back then, given his history.

With that being said, he has a bit of an eye for a defensive talent and while Zouma wasn't exactly developed at Chelsea as a kid, he became a beast under him up until his injury. That's why I find it quite surprising that Tuanzebe didn't even get a look in after his solid last season and good pre-season.
Frankly he is full of shit just like his list of youth players he brought through. He talked about RLC because he was being criticised for it but of course never actually did it.

Zouma had 3 seasons at Saint Etienne. Like I said he doesn't have a problem with young players but just ones with no experience and he'll never give them that experience. If Axel had played a full season or two in Ligue 1 or for Benfica instead of Lindelof then Mourinho would be playing him right now. But since he hasn't he won't get played and in turn will never get that experience and will never be trusted to play regularly.

R'hllor

What kind of spin shit drivel you can read :lol:. Mentioning Rashford as example :houllier:. First of all his definition of promoting youth says all in his list of players he gave debut to. Also there is difference between young known player, who is fan favorite, who got promoted by someone else who placed trust and made risk by doing so, aka Rashford and Axel. Rashford would never happen under JM so stop mentioning him as example please. There is also a difference between JM player young or old who he spent money on and Axel, aka Lindelof/Baily etc.

People having a go at AP for going to Valencia, "uh oh, we have injuries, he would get minutes now" bla bla bla,yea? like McT got his minutes ? You mean in those situations where we were 4:0 up and our midfield stayed un subbed?

Like i said, last year he said how Axel wasnt ready as CB vs Arsenal away,so he played RB, had Sanchez in his pocket. So, is Lindelof ready?! and what is the difference between those two, beside few years and former is JM buy of 30 mil or w/e it was. Also would Mitchell be worse option as LB then Blind, Darmian, Young, Shaw in their current forms? Its a shame really a world class manager who cant see shit and all positives that brings unknown youth talent, no fear, gratitude forgiven chance, lift of the crowd etc. Not saying they should play every single game but use them till they are up for it then drop them back, to make them work even harder if they wanna taste it again. He just doesnt want to risk it and place a trust in them. He rather play Ivanovic and watch him being ripped to shreds every week for example.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Axel deserves to play against Swansea. With Bailly, Jones and Rojo injured, and Lindelof looking like no kind of Premier League defender, what do we have to lose from playing Tuanzebe?

The performance Axel put it in at Arsenal last season is lightyears ahead of anything Lindelof has done in a red shirt. I cannot see how he could be a worse option to start for us next to Smalling.

dichinero

Axel deserves to play against Swansea. With Bailly, Jones and Rojo injured, and Lindelof looking like no kind of Premier League defender, what do we have to lose from playing Tuanzebe?

The performance Axel put it in at Arsenal last season is lightyears ahead of anything Lindelof has done in a red shirt. I cannot see how he could be a worse option to start for us next to Smalling.
You're more likely to see Darmian and Blind at CB before Axel gets a sniff

yo@Kirk

When all defenders are healthy, I believe Tuanzebe would be best choice at RB. He's every bit as capable as Valencia as a defender, proved that vs Arsenal and Sanchez. Valencia has little to offer in attack unless driving the ball as hard as he can into a defenders man parts from 3 yards distance is attacking football. Tuanzebe is surely capable of that much attacking skill and probably more once he gets a couple first team matches under his belt.

Kag

Nearly November and no football played. Predictable - as discussed back on page four. And people wonder why these kids don't progress. Meanwhile, our new superstar from Sweden looks genuinely horrible defensively.

I don't know why Rashford gets brought up. Jose wanted Perisic to come and take care of that little matter, just as Lindelof has taken Fosu Mensah and Tuanzebe out.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
It has more to do with him not trusting young players. He is a manager who usually picks experience before talent or even form
The two centrebacks he brought in are 23. The centre mid and striker he brought in are 24. The two players vying for the left winger spot are 21 and 19.

Show we another premier league club that is starting a 19 year centre back with 4 senior caps over more experienced players.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
I don't know why Rashford gets brought up. Jose wanted Perisic to come and take care of that little matter, just as Lindelof has taken Fosu Mensah and Tuanzebe out.
I know right. What's he doing playing pensioners at CB. 23 is the new 75.

Maradona10

Woodward’s biggest fan
Looks like he will atleast make the bench tomorrow unless there is an injury we do not know about same with shaw and mctominay.

Swansea 0:2 Man Utd

Gythio

A very solid performance so far.
Calm, composed and good positioning. Also he’s the only one of our CBs with the bollocks to actually pass the ball forward sometimes, i’m tired of our defenders giving it back to the keeper when put under even a tiny bit of pressure.

Should certainly be our starting CB alongside Bailly.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
A very solid performance so far.
Calm, composed and good positioning. Also he’s the only one of our CBs with the bollocks to actually pass the ball forward sometimes, i’m tired of our defenders giving it back to the keeper when put under even a tiny bit of pressure.

Should certainly be our starting CB alongside Bailly.
Yeah I like the look of him, he's pretty comfortable driving the ball forward from defence too. Still a bit away from being a starter ahead of Jones/Smalling/Rojo but very encouraging so far.

adkb

Really impressed. I know its swansea and what not, but he can hold himself up. When do we see him again?! :(

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Bossing it. Bizarre that lesser players are getting more of a chance this year.

Infestissumam

better than Lindelöf in every aspect of the game. Shame he hasn't got any chances this season, he looks a great talent. Always composed and completely unfazed.

Tarrou

Hoping he's above Lindelof in the pecking order now, but to be honest he always seems this good while Lindelof always looks like he's new to football so not expecting it.

Runner

I'm glad he's done well. We have talent on our books, just need to give them opportunities.

Skills

Snitch
Been impressed. Though he did get caught under the ball from a cross in the first half.

Can7onA

He looks massive and far better than anything else at LB this season.

sizzling sausages

Thinks TBP is a soft tagline whore
Scout
He's a huge talent. Would like to see him go on loan in the second half of the season, I'm sure he'd start for most Championship clubs.

el3mel

Some mistakes here and there but the potential is clearly there and only needs some developing.

kundalini

Super 2nd half. Not so clever in the first half. Looks way better than Lindelof.

DeOddi

Our only defender who didn´t look to pass it back to Romero when put under a bit of pressure. Considering that this was his first game of the season his performance was even more impressive.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
His ability on the ball, defending, physical strength all are very good. He had very good game and displayed very good composure when defending and also when bringing the ball out of defense.

He should get more mins, he looks ready and very good chance he might end up our first choice in near future.

Status
Not open for further replies.