Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jig1234

Should've started vs Derby ahead of Smalling. This lad is superb. Needs minutes now though. Might be time for a loan.

stygg

Finally!
Looks like Axel will head to Villa Park for the remainder of the season.

Nickosaur

Hmm. I'll reserve judgement. Feels like we've been unlucky in loan deals for ages.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
Good news, how are Villa doing these days? Who's in charge over there?

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
Probably a smart move.
Doesn't Terry play there?
He might not be as good as he used to be, but Alex can learn alot from his experience.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
This'll be a good loan for him I think, good luck Axel, hope he can cement himself in the first team there.

NoPace

Looking at Whoscored, seems like Glen Whelan might be completely washed at DM, which makes sense since he's 33, but they have some decent Champo level CBs in Terry, Chester and Elphick and Mohammady doing okay at RB when Hutton isn't in there also being washed. Wonder if Axel will end up starting at DM for them?

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
Looking at Whoscored, seems like Glen Whelan might be completely washed at DM, which makes sense since he's 33, but they have some decent Champo level CBs in Terry, Chester and Elphick and Mohammady doing okay at RB when Hutton isn't in there also being washed. Wonder if Axel will end up starting at DM for them?
Had a quick read of Villa forum I am on and some seem to think he might be for DM cover. Although some also mentioning Elphick may leave.

Acole9

Outstanding
No issue with him going to Villa while Bruce is in charge, if he's not getting games there then he's clearly not up to it simple as that. I don't think we should get too hung up on what position he plays there, it doesn't matter, he just needs games. Like Fosu Mensah at Palace.

Thiagoal

I see Mourinho has said he'll stay until the end of the window at least... depending on Bailly's injury!

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
He's highly rated with you guys isn't he? I remember him playing well in a few of the games at the end of last season.

He'll get games. Looks like we're selling Elphick even though he's in the best form for us since joining and Terry's been out for two months. Our only other back up is Chris Samba. :annoyed:

Classical Mechanic

He's highly rated with you guys isn't he? I remember him playing well in a few of the games at the end of last season.

He'll get games. Looks like we're selling Elphick even though he's in the best form for us since joining and Terry's been out for two months. Our only other back up is Chris Samba. :annoyed:
He is highly rated, strong, quick and composed on the ball. He is still a rookie though.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Can't believe a PL side wouldn't be interested in him, he's better than a lot of CB's getting regular game time down at the bottom end of the table

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
Can't believe a PL side wouldn't be interested in him, he's better than a lot of CB's getting regular game time down at the bottom end of the table
PL sides don't play loan players with practically zero experience. He'll be lucky if a Championship side in Villa will even give him that faith. It doesn't really matter how talented he is, PL clubs just aren't going to do it. If he can get regular games in the Championship he is much better off there.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
PL sides don't play loan players with practically zero experience. He'll be lucky if a Championship side in Villa will even give him that faith. It doesn't really matter how talented he is, PL clubs just aren't going to do it. If he can get regular games in the Championship he is much better off there.
Rubbish Palace are playing Fosu Mensah who has practically the same amount of PL experience as Tuanzebe has

Bournemouth played Ake when he had barely kicked a ball for Chelsea

Those are just two examples I can think of off the top of my head

Red_toad

Will instantly be the best player in their squad. Very happy he’ll be getting playing time, really should have featured more for United. Hope his loan goes as I expect, top class player in the making.

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
He's already better than 3 out the 4 possible CBs at Arsenal. Is the guy who looks like a goat still there?

kundalini

Rubbish Palace are playing Fosu Mensah who has practically the same amount of PL experience as Tuanzebe has

Bournemouth played Ake when he had barely kicked a ball for Chelsea

Those are just two examples I can think of off the top of my head
Reading took Nathan Ake when he had about 120 more mins playing time in all competitions, than Tuanzebe currently has. Watford then used him in the PL the following season after 5 starts for Reading in the Championship. The most interesting aspect of Ake's development path is that Watford used him as a left-back, giving him 20 PL starts that season. His early mins for Chelsea were largely as a defensive midfielder. Bournemouth were the first team to risk him in central defence for more than a single game, though Chelsea had used him as a central defender in their youth system.

TFM had limited mins in United's first team when he went on loan but those mins were at full-back and centre defence; the positions Palace have used him in (difference being they used a back 3 under De Boer). Axel had 3 starts as a defensive midfielder, one as a right back and one as part of a back 3.

At this point in time, I don't think anyone knows how he would perform in the PL playing as a central defender. It would certainly be a risk. There were moments in the Swansea match that would concern me if I was a manager of a lower half PL team looking for a central defender.

On the limited evidence available, I think he could play right-back at PL level for a team that parks the bus week in week out, and doesn't expect its full-backs to offer much going forward.

Last edited:

izec

I hope Terry can help him a bit in some aspects and do once something good in his life, besides missing the penalty. Brucey is also there, think the loan might be a nice experience

Alabaster Codify7

Great loan, this. Chuffed for Axel, Villa have got a big fanbase and a good reputation, he'll get lots of gametime in a team pushing for the playoffs.

criticalanalysis

Don't want to jinx it (ohh...) but Bruce's loans for Utd/ex players have always gone well in terms of playing time.

Minkaro

He's already better than 3 out the 4 possible CBs at Arsenal. Is the guy who looks like a goat still there?
Gabriel? The one who looks like his teeth are trying to escape? Pretty sure they sold him.

I remember reading that Jose was waiting to see what news there was on Bailly before deciding whether Tuanzebe goes on loan or not. Just been posted in the Bailly thread that he’s meant to be back around Feb 3rd, so could that mean Axel going out closer to the end of Jan?

hubbuh

It'd be pretty darn sweet if this guy became a mainstay in our team next season. Meanwhile over at the Etihad Airways Stadium, 200m+ worth of talent scrap it out over a place in the backline.

J_Red 11

Anyone know what their defence is looking like?
Spoke to Villa fans last time. He said they are happy with their current defense especially centre back pair Terry & Chester and he hopes there is nothing change in their back for. He said when Terry is fit, their defense is solid but they lack of backup centre back who can cover Terry when he's injured, Samba was poor as their backup. I checked that Terry has played 18 games out of 28 games. Assuming Terry might miss another 10, I think Tuanzebe playing 10 league game as centre back while also learn from Bruce & Terry can help his development.

And also there is always another option to play him such as defensive midfield & right back to gain more experiences.

Status
Not open for further replies.