Axel Tuanzebe image 38

Axel Tuanzebe England flag

2018-19 Performances

View full 2018-19 profile

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Again, there is no point giving credit to a person who just signed the player but had a plan to play him in a wrong position.
Sometimes it's important to just get games at first team level when you're young. Giggs played at LB when he was coming through. Beckham was a central midfielder and Scholes was a forward.

It's all about the game time..

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
Really? I'd argue the opposite, they would make you stick out like a sore thumb and the oppo would target you specifically for the press.

That never happened and the reason for it was there was nothing to exploit. He just gets underrated in that department because those around him were the outlet, but he did occasionally play a pass that left you wondering where the feck that came from.
He was a real part of a team where everyone seemed to know each others game and their weaknesses. It helps, but it is also credit to him for adapting too. His pure ability alone I do not think was far superior while his contribution on the ball overall in that team, obviously was.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
He was a real part of a team where everyone seemed to know each others game and their weaknesses. It helps, but it is also credit to him for adapting too. His pure ability alone I do not think was far superior while his contribution on the ball overall in that team, obviously was.
Fair enough, it always helps to have an established setup and he sure wasn't receiving hospital passes.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Sometimes it's important to just get games at first team level when you're young. Giggs played at LB when he was coming through. Beckham was a central midfielder and Scholes was a forward.

It's all about the game time..
That’s an acceptable case for Mourinho playing him as a right back but not Bruce.

Because Bruce played everyone in a wrong position. Bruce played Jedinak who is DM to CB position. And then play Tuanzebe as a right back and played his right back as a winger, his new winger that he signed end up sitting on the bench.

Right after he was fired, everyone played in a right position.

criticalanalysis

Might be a bit out of context here but Bruce's record with Utd loans/players is bloody fantastic.

It seems like he actually goes out of his way to play them :lol:

I'd give Bruce the benefit of the doubt here with Axel.

Thiagoal

Watched a post match interview of him against Leeds and he came across as an extremely grounded, focussed individual! He's the type of leader we desperately need in our team

In Rainbows

Watched a post match interview of him against Leeds and he came across as an extremely grounded, focussed individual! He's the type of leader we desperately need in our team
He was our u18s captain at a young age.

In fact, just to make sure my memory wasn't playing tricks on me, his wiki gave me this excerpt, "Academy coach Paul McGuinness noted that Tuanzebe was the first first-year scholar to captain the under-18 side since Gary Neville."

Gomes has been the captain of his 2000 born generation (Sancho, Foden, etc...) for as long as I can remember. Even though he was on the bench during the 2017 u17 World Cup, as soon as he was subbed on, he was given the captain's armband. So we potentially have some leaders with our youth.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Reports in The Mail that Ole will recall him for the 19/20 season.

Been really impressing for Villa this season and looking like the player we thought he might become

Red00012

Reports in The Mail that Ole will recall him for the 19/20 season.

Been really impressing for Villa this season and looking like the player we thought he might become
It doesn’t say that , if you read the article it just says he’ll be brought on tour, which was going to happen regardless.

izec

is it just one game right? So if it ends draw, there will be extra time or immediately penalties?

If it is one game, i will watch it.

gr3yham3

Has always impressed me when I saw him play. Hope he comes back to be our 4th choice CB next season.

izec

Has always impressed me when I saw him play. Hope he comes back to be our 4th choice CB next season.
Depending on who we buy, i would have him as a third choice. Him and Lindelöf should be our future with another new CB. Smalling, Jones, Rojo and Bailly i have lost all faith and hope to be relied upon.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
I will watch a bit of this. Hope he does well!

finneh

Living in the West Midlands I know a hell of a lot of Villa fans. Every single one think he's a very good player.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
We should get rid of Rojo, Darmian and have him in the first team.

He still needs some improvement but one thing about him is his composure. Towards the end of Jose's 1st season when he got some starts he looked good to me. I was disappointed that we didn't build on that and instead sent him out on loan.

Hopefully he will get a chance with us next season.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
If we don't buy anyone he should come back and be first choice

That being said if we do sign someone and Villa are promoted another season there in the PL with them would be great for his progression

Last edited:

deafepl

He should have done more to prevent Gayle from scoring.
He forced Gayle to use his weak foot as it won't be good as his prefered foot but Gayle decided to shot with his weak which went in. There's nothing Axel can prevent this, otherwise, he'd have to foul him.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He should have done more to prevent Gayle from scoring.
Not sure he could have done more really, he closed him down quickly and forced him to shoot, keeper should have done better.

If he dived in and missed Gayle is free on goal to do with he wants.

AJ10

What a good performance.

A defender who can actually pass/composed under pressure/can actually defend. Just the player we need, now watch us play smalling and jones next season. :rolleyes:

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Can’t believe so many were against this loan move. He’s matured these last few months and now looks ready to be a part of the squad next season.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Can’t believe so many were against this loan move. He’s matured these last few months and now looks ready to be a part of the squad next season.
That's why I like our other youngsters go on loan. They need to develop by playing games, but we can't afford to depend on them all season. McTominay was more ready because he has the physical advantage, and in position to do simple things.

Playing full games in Championship is much much better than 15 minutes in every 3 games with us.

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
Think the issue with the loan move was that many believed and still believe that he could and should have played for the 1st team instead.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
If anyone finds a complication video of him from this game, please post it here.

settembrini

If he was was more comfortable as the left cb instead of the right cb he would probably start for us next season. Having a great loan spell and has all the tools to be a top player. Good leader too, was often captain when he came through the youth teams here.

Kweku Amonoo

He's good enough to be playing here. Should be an important part of the first team next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.