Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

AshRK

He was good. The issue is players like him won't grow if he doesn't play regularly. I would have him feature regularly and see how he does. I like Ole's man management but I feel with Tuanzebe he missed a trick. Should have played him more.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
He's definitely less of a calamity than Bailly. Obviously inexperienced and we really need a top class partner for Maguire, but Bailly should be 5th in that pecking order. Shame we preserved his value when he was actively looking to move.

If Bailly is here next season and we upgrade for the first XI, Tuanzebe needs a loan where he will play all the time. But I'd take him here as 4th choice.

izec

Once he has a bad game, he will get dropped. He needs to play through them to get going. Lindelöf had that luxury and kept getting selected even if he was out of his depth. Axel with his injuries and inexperience finds himself quickly on the bench again

A-man

Once he has a bad game, he will get dropped. He needs to play through them to get going. Lindelöf had that luxury and kept getting selected even if he was out of his depth. Axel with his injuries and inexperience finds himself quickly on the bench again
He will not get those chances here. He got them last season but injured himself. Ole will never risk points in the league to develop a CB. Especially not several games. That’s my feeling at least. And tbh he has had a few poor games this season, both in the cups and the league. This was his third PL start this season and the first point for him and also his best PL game imo.

Lux Thunder

Had a decent game yesterday, given he is not in match shape, but still a little annoyed with his positioning/decisions when we were in possession.

For example, when Lindelof was in possession, Fred dropped from pivot to form back 3 in the build-up and we progressed down the left side easily. But when Axel was in possession and McTominay dropped to form back 3 it looked like he wasn't even aware of McTominay positioning, didn't look comfortable to switch play to the right side through Lindelof/McTominay/De Gea, and more often he found some awkward option and gave possession away.

He also made some unnecessary runs without the ball, when he should open himself for a back pass to switch play or to open space for the midfielder to receive the ball. All of this can partially be because of his reduced playing time, but not completely.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Still don’t trust his fitness levels. Won’t ever get the consistent run of game time here to see if he’s about it, either. He’ll probably stay another season as our fifth choice CB when the play should have been (probably still should be?) a sale to a lower PL/upper Champ side for a low-ish fee but an equally low buy-back clause.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
Why is he backup to that other charlatan “iceman”?
I'd like to know this as well. Tuanzebe has hardly been played but he's heads and shoulders above Lindelof
Because Lindelof and Maguire are basically the only ones playing centreback in the team that can be trusted to play more than 2 games in a row without getting crocked.

Hughes35

Would like to see him partner Maguire for a bit next season (If we don't sign a new CB). I've never rated Lindelof.

Ekeke

We've almost finished the season and we still dont know what his level is going to be if we back him because we played Lindelof all the time. 8 starts in all competitions with various different defensive partners and rarely more than 1 game in a row. How can we decide what to do with him based on that? But he's 23 now. Either we should be playing him a decent amount thinking that he's going to be a main option down the road or he needs to move on out on loan or permanently.

Floyd

Doesn't like his Tagline played with
I really want him to be great, as a local player. Congo is local right? But my high hopes for him are fading more and more. He looks awkward and prone to mistakes, and in general it looks like he's not sure what he's doing out there.

On paper he's the perfect partner for Maguire. They've not really played much together, so maybe there's hope after all? Maguire has been babysitting Lindelof for two seasons, he might as well babysit Tuanzebe, maybe that'll work better.
Unless Joel opens the purse string..

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
He is better than Bailey. Hopefully Baillys contract is about selling him for a few million.

Marcus

I thought he looked a bit skow in releasing the ball. Makes it hard for the player receivng because the oppo attacker is already all over him.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Thought he was decent yesterday. Slipped at one point and let them in but other than that was defensively solid. You can see he has potential, he's calm and composed, very strong and uses his body well. He was also playing in an unusual position for him as he's normally right CB.

He missed 4/5 games with injury at the start of the season but has been fit for the rest, hopefully he can keep that up next season and be relied on a little more.

Ekeke

Can improve on the ball with his carries out of the back and isnt strong in the air, but those are some encouraging defensive percentiles from the little hes played. Our CB with the most ball pressures, tackles and a 99 percentile for blocking

In theory his pace and engagement of attackers with the ball should be a good combination with Maguire who is strong in the air and can play from the back

Trequarista10

Like most CBs these days, my main concern is that he isnt particularly great in the air.

Would like to see him get a few more starts next season to see if he can kick on to the next level.

United in sin

A higher ceiling maybe, but he's not better now.
He is in my eyes. How is Lindelof better? Lindelof has been awarded chances with very little return on Solskjaers persistent faith in him. His best contributions are par for the course at best at this level.

Lindelof is still a big question mark at the heart of defense and doesn't instill much confidence with his overall performances (specifically the physical side of the game, something Tuanzebe doesn't seem to have a problem with).

Their passing abilities are similar but Tuanzebe is again stronger, faster and more resolute when it comes to putting out fires and anticipating danger.

Last edited:

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I really want him to be great, as a local player. Congo is local right? But my high hopes for him are fading more and more. He looks awkward and prone to mistakes, and in general it looks like he's not sure what he's doing out there.

On paper he's the perfect partner for Maguire. They've not really played much together, so maybe there's hope after all? Maguire has been babysitting Lindelof for two seasons, he might as well babysit Tuanzebe, maybe that'll work better.
Unless Joel opens the purse string..
I remember Tuanzebe was as dead cert to be part of starting 11 accordingly to most fans when he was young. People were stunned by how complete and composed he was as a youth team player.

It's really a shame how it's turned out. I have no faith in him given he's never fit and hence when he plays he looks good but never truly sharp. I wonder if a loan would do him good.

Grande

Can improve on the ball with his carries out of the back and isnt strong in the air, but those are some encouraging defensive percentiles from the little hes played. Our CB with the most ball pressures, tackles and a 99 percentile for blocking

In theory his pace and engagement of attackers with the ball should be a good combination with Maguire who is strong in the air and can play from the back
In theory, yes. Unfortunately, his minutes with Harry has been his worst for the club. I think Lindelöf helps him position himself.

A-man

I remember Tuanzebe was as dead cert to be part of starting 11 accordingly to most fans when he was young. People were stunned by how complete and composed he was as a youth team player.

It's really a shame how it's turned out. I have no faith in him given he's never fit and hence when he plays he looks good but never truly sharp. I wonder if a loan would do him good.
In youth teams, lower divisions, against weaker teams etc, a talented player can be dominant by relying on some great attributes, and may never need to develop his poor sides. At the top level they become visible. Not saying that’s the case with Axel, but I do get that feeling.

GueRed

Dead cert? Wasnt for me.

Personality wise he definitely has the characteristics.

Technically he didnt look exceptional or a dominant centre-back.

Went on loan to Villa did well but it was Tryone Mings who impressed and held his hand in that CB partnership.

United in sin

Dead cert? Wasnt for me.

Personality wise he definitely has the characteristics.

Technically he didnt look exceptional or a dominant centre-back.

Went on loan to Villa did well but it was Tryone Mings who impressed and held his hand in that CB partnership.
Mings is a very good young center back but Tuanzebe held his own at Villa. It's disingenuous to claim Mings held his hand IMO.

His loan period there was seen as a success and Villa fans still rave about him.

Tallis

I am a fan of his defensive skills. Needs to be better on the ball. He has been fit for a good 7-8 months hasn’t he ? Hopefully his injury issues are behind him so he can start getting some consistent game time. I do agree with whoever said that Ole has missed a trick with him. The game time that Bailly gets - if he got it, I think we would be in better shape.

In an ideal world, I would get rid of Bailly and Jones and replace with Kounde and a tall prospect. We can alternatively also get rid of Lindelof and sign Milenkovic who offers height and strength.

OmarUnited4ever

As things stand, it's best if we sell him, and bring in a quality CB that can play alongside Maguire, Lindelof and Bailly can then offer competition & backup to the CB position.

teams like Brighton, Southampton or C.Palace might offer him game time in the PL, and maybe in few years he can go to a big club, he truly needs a consistent run of games and Manchester United isn't the right place for that atm

AgentSmith

Very assured. Has to start on Wednesday given he’s comfortable in the LCB position allowing Lindelof to stay on the right.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Head and shoulders the best he’s ever played at centre half in the PL. Keep it up!

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
He might get the nod on Weds, especially as he is the only one of the three comfortable on the left.

Status
Not open for further replies.