Axel Tuanzebe, Andreas Pereira, Cameron Borthwick-Jackson and Timothy Fosu-Mensah

Ephrem

Andreas Pereira : Its all about patience with this fella. The club, Jose and he himself has to be patient. He has the tools to become a very good CM at the top level. Got the vision, touch passing,grit, good at tight spaces and a good mentality too.Its all about hard work and tweaking himself to be better. Needs to work on the positioning and decision making. I think Fred will be our only CM addition and Pereira will have his chance.

Axel Tuanzebe : This guy has all the tools to one of the best defenders . He needs to go on loan this season and play competitive games every week. He is the dream modern day defender for most of the coaches. Got pace,athleticism,really good with ball and can ready the game well most of the time. He needs to work on his positioning and be stronger aerially.

TFM: An athlete but just don't know which position he will excel. His intelligence is a bit poor but with hard work and determination he can be a squad player for us but not a first team player. I rate Axel as the better CB prospect and O'connor as the better RB prospect ,so not sure what position he will play for us. And trust me he can never be a CM !!

Cameron Borthwick-Jackson: Confidence player but wont make it at united

SqualorVictoria

Supports
City
I guess that TFM will be sent on loan again now that the Dalot lad has signed.

In Rainbows

I still would like to see TFM being given minutes as a destroyer. The kid has the physicality and in my opinion the tackling ability to settle into that role. At least let's see him there in preseason that way if he gets sent out on loan, he doesn't get pigeonholed into RB from managers/clubs who did not see him at youth level.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Axel Tuanzebe: scarcely used at Villa Park.
Andreas Pereira: did his job at Valencia used as a rotation player.
Timothy Fosu-Mensah: Did his job at Palace, I think he needs a new loan to give continuity to his development.
Borthwick-Jackson: Not looking goo for him, imho.

From what I see, only Pereira can cut into our squad, and maybe Fosu-Mensah too. Can't see what Tuanzebe and Borthwick-Jackson can improve our team.

extincti fugax hominum

I'd like to see TFM get matches at DM in preseason as I feel that is his best position. Matic can't play more than 1 match a week and stay sharp. Tuanzebe needs a loan where he can start at CB. Mitchell might be the best natural left back in the team right now (scary). Pereira wants to play in attack and Mourinho wants him to play midfield. I don't think that's going to work. Wilson and CBJ, good as gone.

It will be interesting to see if Lee O'Connor and Tahith Chong play in U-23 second division next season or go on loan to a team that will play them a lot.
James Wilson will be released when his contract expires.

Tuanzebe will most likely be loaned out again.

Pereira will be sold most likely.

Borthwick-Jackson isn't even close to Premier League standard & will be sold or released.

Fosu-Mensah, I'm not sure about, personally I'd keep him around but groom him to be a Defensive Midfielder. I think he could be a decent back-up to Matic, he's not a full back for me.
I still would like to see TFM being given minutes as a destroyer. The kid has the physicality and in my opinion the tackling ability to settle into that role. At least let's see him there in preseason that way if he gets sent out on loan, he doesn't get pigeonholed into RB from managers/clubs who did not see him at youth level.
Agree with all of these. We should use Fosu-Mensah as a DM back-up to Matic imo. He played as a centre-back in Netherlands NT at all youth levels but for some reason Van Gaal decided to play him at RB in the second half of 15-16 season. Actually he did well there and at CB too (got Deeney in his pocket at 18 and on his full debut as well) but he's a bit rash to be a defender and his physicality/skill-set is much more suited to a DM role imo. I think this kid has got serious potential and is urgently in need of settling down a position for himself. At the age of 20 and a half, we are still discussing his best position. I don't want to see him being an utility player loaned out to here and there for years without really cementing a place and position in a team at mid 20s and not fulfilling his potential. It'd be such a waste as he's clearly a talented guy. I have high hopes for him.

For Andreas Pereira, i think his situation is a bit like Lingard's three years ago. But we have a better team now with more quality in the positions these guys play. Lingard also had a couple of loan spells with Championship teams and got his chance under Van Gaal in 15-16 and he really grabbed his opportunity with both hands. Our lack of quality in attacking positions also helped him with playing time but fair play to him; he did very well to get from looking like a player who will be loaned out to lower lever teams forever and not make it at a big club to a be regular at United. Pereira is also an attacking midfielder not a CM and needs a Lingard like rise to be in and around the team but have we and him got the patience to see that? That's the question. He's a talented young player though and even if we sell him; we should add a buy-back clause in his deal imo.

Tuanzebe is another guy who is highly rated by most of our fans but i didn't see enough of him to make a judgement on him as he barely played for the first team (at Emirates last year at RB and Swansea away at CB along with a couple of minutes this year only come to my mind). Like TFM, i think he needs to be either a CB or a RB and probably needs another loan to play week in week out.

Neither of CBJ or Wilson is good enough for us imo and both should try their chances at a lower level.

Mylock

Tuanzebe is a serious, all he is missing is an opportunity to show his talent. I believe we should sell jones and smalling and give Tuanzebe & tfm a chance.

Gandalf Greyhame

If in doubt, follow your nose!
Scout
I am hoping one of Tuanzebe or Pereira can be next season's McTominay, and get minutes on the pitch. Mourinho did suggest he'd like to promote at least one youth player to the first team every season. Next season or the season after, we will have Angel Gomes coming through with DJB and Chong.

Hitchez

I don't any of them will have any role to play. TFM is a CB and we already have enough of them and with the intention of buying on more. As an RB he isn't good enough and signing of Dalot seems to indicate Jose agrees. I'd like to have seen him being given a chance but that doesn't look to be happening. Most likely both him and Tunzebe will be headed for another loan. Pereira isn't good enough and will likely be sold probably with a buy back clause just in case.

CBJ was the only who impressed me most out of all of them when they've got a chance at first team level but if he's been crap at lower levels then he hasn't got much of a chance here either.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I haven’t seen the ability to read the game / position / pass quickly that’s required for midfield from TFM, I just don’t see it with him yet.

He’s all about athleticism, technical skills need some work.

Think he’ll go on to have a good career midtable but unless he improves a lot, I can’t see him being top level.

CBJ isn’t good enough, will fall through the leagues.

Pereira I like but I don’t think he will take his chance here, can see him leaving and rebuilding slowly.

Tuanzebe I like a lot, but he needs to play regularly and Jose won’t start him yet, ideally needs a loan to a club he’s guaranteed to start at.

GM K

Will any of these 4 and James Wiison be playing in the first team next season?
Am I the only one who wonders why Mitchell is hardly ever in these conversations? I am a massive fan of that kid.

haram

I think all of the players in the title are overrated.

Red_toad

Stick a few of them in that Ajax team and people would be drooling over them. Such a shame we loan them to clubs that use them as fillers, rather than having development plans in place for them. United should really be looking at partnerships with other clubs. We have some exceptional young players who aren't getting the right development chances.

davidmichael

Pereira and Fosu-Mensah are why I don’t think we need another central midfielder as Pereira is a creative playmaker and Fosu-Mensah is a defensive midfield destroyer so they add something different to everyone else in Pogba, Fred, Matic, Herrera and McTominay and that’s 7 vying for 3 places.

Tuanzebe should be 5th choice after Smalling, Bailly, Jones and whoever we sign but play all cup games in the early rounds especially. Rojo isn’t good enough and Lindelof was never needed and isn’t trusted so I’d sell both and play Tuanzebe and slowly phase him into the team.

Borthwick-Jackson and Wilson should and most likely will be sold which could realistically bring in near £10 million, unfortunately neither has kicked on as we’d all hoped and for the good of their careers I’d move on to get regular football.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
TFM and Taunzebe are excellent for their age. CBJ was on their level up to about a year ago and Periera is good for his age but will never make it here as he’s not a great fit for Mourinho, the EPL nor this team.

Really do think Taunzebe and TFM will have excellent careers at top European clubs, hopefully United.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
TFM and Taunzebe are excellent for their age. CBJ was on their level up to about a year ago and Periera is good for his age but will never make it here as he’s not a great fit for Mourinho, the EPL nor this team.

Really do think Taunzebe and TFM will have excellent careers at top European clubs, hopefully United.
Not sure I agree Periera isnt a great fit for the league. Probably true he isnt for Jose though

YouOnlyLiveTwice

I rate Mensah, but he still has a long way to go before making it for a club like ours.

Tuanzebe is the one i have faith in, but right now we have a lot of CB's in front of him.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
I think the idea the club has for Tuanzebe is to go back to Villa for a year and be their starting central defender now that Terry has gone. Obviously that depends on how highly Villa rate him though. If they go out and buy somebody else for that role then it'd be a waste to send him there again.

ghagua

I think Fosu Mensah might get a game here and there if he hangs around, rest will eventually get tired of waiting and move on.

Fer

I would like to see Fosu Mensah as defensive midfielder to rest Matic when we play "easy" teams. Also, Pereira could be a good cover for Pogba.

Bestietom

Like to see TFM and Tuanzebe in the squad. The others could be loaned out again, or sold.

Drz

I am having a harder and harder time evaluating our players that go out on loan.
I mean, of course being involved in the first team setup and getting used to play in front of a crowd helps the physical and mental conditioning.
But I just can't extrapolate as to how the player would impact us wether he is getting game time or not, playing well or not.
Too much hinges on integration, to what extent is the foreign management willing to depend on a player that will in all likelihood leave at the end of the summer.
Assuming the difference is slight between an in-house youth product and a loanee, wouldn't you prefer fostering the longer-term proposition?

Then you have the quality of the team they are joining, say you are a striker, you won't get the same service if your playing up-top for a gung-ho offensive team than for an uber conservative Greece type team.
Your stats will suffer, your time on the ball to prove your worth will also be limited.

And then there is the coaching/vision of the manager and what qualities of the player he chooses to bring to the fore in his system (best example of this is Pogba with Juve vs us).

Which brings me to TFM, and quite a few quotes about how he didn't even get game time for Crystal Palace. I understand the short-cut conclusion of he is not good enough, yet I can't shake the positive impression he gave me when he got game time for us.
And also considering the options we had/have in-house, I'd have kept and given him game time this season : for instance I'd have kept TFM this past season and sent Darmian out on loan, because for some reason the latter just doesn't seem to fit-in. If that had happened I'd have been more confortable calling time on both and signing a RB.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Pereira and TFM will stay and compete

Tuanzebe needs a loan

Wilson and CBJ will be sold (thought CBJ was good in the few times I've seen him play)

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
where are Wilson and CBJ anyway? not on tour even with a depleted squad

have they been told they can leave?

CBJ always looked good whenever he played for us but loans just didnt work out for him

MJJ

Tuanzebe needs a loan

Wilson and CBJ will be sold (thought CBJ was good in the few times I've seen him play)
I would say tuanzebe is more first team ready than TFM although his position is harder to break into.

SprayingErmine6

Tuanzebe needs a loan

I really hope that Pereira stays - TFM would be a very good backup player but I feel like his potential would be wasted as a backup. So I say give him another season in the PL with another team so that he can develop into a solid starter for us.

Tuanzebe should be loaned out, I can agree with that.

Last edited by a moderator:

Robbo*

CBJ always looked good whenever he played for us but loans just didnt work out for him
They played for U23s this week

Kearnkoff69

I think both Tuanzebe and TFM need loans this year.

I don't think, unless he really works on his timing and reading of the game in his own box, that TFM is a future CB for us. With his physicality and technical ability, as well as his desire to get in on tackles, he could potentially become a great destroying CM some day. As it stands, we have too many CMs for not that many spots, so I'd like to see him go out on loan and play more of that role, or more of the CB role, to work on his defensive fundamentals.

Tuanzebe arguably looks more first-team-ready than TFM right now, but there are so many CBs in front of him in the pecking order that he won't get any time this year, except for maybe in some cup games. A loan would do him well, just to have him playing week in and week out so he continues to learn the game and mature.

Pereira I'd like to see given a rotational squad role. He has a lot of skills that we need in the team, and a hard-nosed personality to boot (at least on the pitch). He deserves a chance.

Klean

Tuanzebe needs a loan

Agree with this 100%. Though like other posters have said, TFM will not get the games and eventually leave. I think that Tuanzebe will replace either Jones/Smalling in the squad next year.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly

Tuanzebe needs a loan

You're cheating. Easy to say Pereira will stay now. You cheat.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?

CBJ couldn’t get a game in the championship. He is never going to be good enough for us. His performances for us were decent, in the way that Possebon looked decent when he played for us. Zero point in him going on tour.

SteveW

I think both Tuanzebe and TFM need loans this year.

I don't think, unless he really works on his timing and reading of the game in his own box, that TFM is a future CB for us. With his physicality and technical ability, as well as his desire to get in on tackles, he could potentially become a great destroying CM some day. As it stands, we have too many CMs for not that many spots, so I'd like to see him go out on loan and play more of that role, or more of the CB role, to work on his defensive fundamentals.

Tuanzebe arguably looks more first-team-ready than TFM right now, but there are so many CBs in front of him in the pecking order that he won't get any time this year, except for maybe in some cup games. A loan would do him well, just to have him playing week in and week out so he continues to learn the game and mature.

Pereira I'd like to see given a rotational squad role. He has a lot of skills that we need in the team, and a hard-nosed personality to boot (at least on the pitch). He deserves a chance.
This post is spot on. The only disagreement I have is TFM having a chance of being a great defensive midfielder. I don't see that happening at all.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
They played for U23s this week
ok cheers - in the shop window, I suppose they need to take salary cuts to move on and restart their careers

CBJ couldn’t get a game in the championship. He is never going to be good enough for us. His performances for us were decent, in the way that Possebon looked decent when he played for us. Zero point in him going on tour.
not really comparable, Possebon barely played a proper game for us at any point whereas CBJ started several PL matches.
But ye pretty clear that Jose has no interest in him

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Possebon was never decent. CBJ turned in a few very good performances for us - his crosses in particular were sublime.

ivaldo

not really comparable, Possebon barely played a proper game for us at any point whereas CBJ started several PL matches.
But ye pretty clear that Jose has no interest in him
CBJ has played a whopping 7 more games for us than Possebon, last of which came over 2 years ago.

He's never demonstrated the ability to be a squad member for us, and those average-to-decent performances he had for us were way over exaggerated. Theres a reason why he's only managed 7 games in 2 years in the championship, and it's not because Jose has no interest in him.

ivaldo

Possebon was never decent. CBJ turned in a few very good performances for us - his crosses in particular were sublime.
No he turned in some decent performances that were wildly over exaggerated. If he was remotely good enough he would've managed more than 7 appearances in the last 2 years in the championship. He should be nowhere near this squad.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
No he turned in some decent performances that were wildly over exaggerated. If he was remotely good enough he would've managed more than 7 appearances in the last 2 years in the championship. He should be nowhere near this squad.
Where did I say he should be in the squad ?