B.C. Murders

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Bit of a mad story, still unfolding.

Two teenage boys from Vancouver Island were reported missing, with their burned out truck discovered shortly afterwards. A body of an unidentified man was found near the truck. Meanwhile, police were investigating the double murder of a young couple, also in a remote part of Northern BC.

They have just named the two boys as suspects for all three murders, and issued a warning that they are dangerous and not to be approached.

Abizzz

Been reading about this yesterday and today, it's a very weird story. Hopefully no one else gets hurt. Must be incredibly hard to police such a vast country.

Last edited:

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
I suspected these two when they were first mentioned as missing. They must be driving in shifts because they're covering a lot of ground. Northern BC to Northern Manitoba isn't a very direct route at all (you have to come south before going east and north again) but I'm confused by RCMP reports claiming they've been seen in NE Manitoba because there aren't many roads into there from the west side. Like if they're near Gillam they're running out of road soon and they're barely roads at all up there.

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
Apparently one of the murder victims was an Australian tourist with his partner.

Has there been any word regarding their motives?

Foxbatt

Not yet. It is sure a crazy situation with another victim may also be involved.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Heard about this but just assumed the body near the truck was whoever killed the couple and he had committed suicide. fecked up that it’s two mates just going round killing. Me and my gf were roadtripping rural Canada only a few months ago and it does get very quiet on parts of the roads.

MarylandMUFan

The last video of the victims is heart breaking. They were seen at a gas station the day before the murders, he was pumping gas, she was cleaning the rear windows. Then they embrace in a really nice hug. Not sure I ever hugged my wife of 23 years at a gas station. Just shows how connected the two were. Really sad.

jungledrums

Horrible story this. The two kids have been formally charged with the murders I believe. Of course, they haven’t been located yet, so let’s hope they’re stopped before any more barbaric slaughter.

hobbers

Anyone with a moustache like that is clearly going to be or to become a deranged killer at some point.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Not quite correlating and I agree it's a minor subset but a subset nonetheless. It would be as simple as correlating a platform like Reddit/twitter to something.
Sorry bud, what’s the correlation between gaming and murderers etc? I mean I have a tiny idea of what you guys are talking about/referring to, but am not too informed tbh.

Moonred

Sorry bud, what’s the correlation between gaming and murderers etc? I mean I have a tiny idea of what you guys are talking about/referring to, but am not too informed tbh.
There isn't. It's simply like correlating a platform which is too vast with something specific. It is just found as a fact in this particular case.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I mean gaming is pretty broad.
There’s people that play video games, then there’s people who talk about playing video games online.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I hope a nasty fecker of a bear or wolf got wind of them and mauled them.

Sadly I expect they ran out of supplies and knew it was game over and took the decision themselves.

SirAF

Ageist
At least the locals don’t have to fear running into these maniacs anymore.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
So did they drown after that aluminum punt got wrecked, presumably in rapids?

utdalltheway

Sexy Beast
They ID’d those bodies as the 2 guys, both shot dead, seemingly. Suicide.
Sad situation all around but at least some closure now.