Bad Berba's Back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
ive never been a huge Berba fan but even I think this thread is both premature and bollocks ya premature bollox you!
Berba Bashing Believed Bollox By Bumshock?

Red Norse

ive never been a huge Berba fan but even I think this thread is both premature and bollocks ya premature bollox you!
It's the new Berba game show, put him on a pedestal, push him down, put him up... well, you get the gist.

Shimo

One thing about Spurs game was that we overcrowded the middle as well. Both Nani and Park kept coming inside. Which is fine but, that meant they were normally in the role where Berba is in - creating and such. Berba was pushed further ahead and more than once in those advanced positions he wasn't picked out for whatever reasons.

Hope he does get on the score sheet today - for him and to quash any more threads like this :)

evra

Bitten by an adder as a baby, the adder died.
One thing about Spurs game was that we overcrowded the middle as well. Both Nani and Park kept coming inside. Which is fine but, that meant they were normally in the role where Berba is in - creating and such. Berba was pushed further ahead and more than once in those advanced positions he wasn't picked out for whatever reasons.

Hope he does get on the score sheet today - for him and to quash any more threads like this :)
He'll have to get on the score-sheet because even if he's a creative force and does his job properly he'll still get slated by some.

Cina

He's not even guaranteed to start. feck knows what team SAF will put out. He didn't even bring Rio. Let's not forget that this are the only team in the CL yet to score a goal.

Commadus

He's not even guaranteed to start. feck knows what team SAF will put out. He didn't even bring Rio. Let's not forget that this are the only team in the CL yet to score a goal.
We have 3 games next week.

Todays game if we can play rubbuish and grab a winner he will be happy.

Rio is fragile. I think SAF over protects Berba - he hardly plays in the CL and now Berba has no international committtments he should be first on the team sheet.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
His CL goalless streak is a monkey that he needs to get off his back. I'd start him and Hernandez tonight. We'd have far too much for Bursaspor if we do that.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
His CL goalless streak is a monkey that he needs to get off his back. I'd start him and Hernandez tonight. We'd have far too much for Bursaspor if we do that.
I agree but would be susprised if we play 442.

B Cantona

Desperate
The only thing worse than knee jerk reactions to Berbatov, is the high and mighty brigade with their 'how dare may anyone question the great Dimitar' nonsense

He had a fecking fantastic start to the season, he's dropped from that notably in the last few games, and he's gone 6 without scoring. It's evidently worthy of discussion. Rooney was a monster last season, he went 8 without scoring in open play and his general play not being up to his usual standard, and there was plenty of discussion about that. It's precisely what you'd expect. Berbatov has previous n all

I want him to respond with a big performance in his next couple of starts, certainly a goal, otherwise its alarm bell time

Feed Me

I'm hungry
He was disappointing today, but he still had a couple of good moments. Poor on the whole though.

But come on, let's not write the fella off. He's had a very, very, very good start to the season and then he's had a couple of off games. Let's back him, because he's capable of producing again.

Poor tonight though.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
Probably one of his worst ever games for us tonight (and that’s saying something) Looked disinterested and lazy, flapped around for 90 mins. An embarrassing performance because I saw no effort at all.

Sort it out. He is so damn frustrating. We all know what talent he has. Why cant he show it on a much more regular basis.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
The only thing worse than knee jerk reactions to Berbatov, is the high and mighty brigade with their 'how dare may anyone question the great Dimitar' nonsense

He had a fecking fantastic start to the season, he's dropped from that notably in the last few games, and he's gone 6 without scoring. It's evidently worthy of discussion. Rooney was a monster last season, he went 8 without scoring in open play and his general play not being up to his usual standard, and there was plenty of discussion about that. It's precisely what you'd expect. Berbatov has previous n all

I want him to respond with a big performance in his next couple of starts, certainly a goal, otherwise its alarm bell time
Yep, that's pretty much the disconnect. He's had a dip, but that's normal. We need to worry if his form really completely dips.

Let's see his response before we go nuts.

askabob

He had perhaps the worst possible game for us tonight.

He was offside more than I can count on one hand and his missed chance towards the end of the match summed up his day. He defended decently and that's good to see but the worrying thing is how he was lambasting his teammates when they didn't pass to him or when he didn't control a ball correctly.

He will score against Wolves though.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
Probably one of his worst ever games for us tonight (and that’s saying something) Looked disinterested and lazy, flapped around for 90 mins. An embarrassing performance because I saw no effort at all.

Sort it out. He is so damn frustrating. We all know what talent he has. Why cant he show it on a much more regular basis.
It was poor. In mitigation, I think we saw that he's really not suited to this lone striker role. It clearly frustrates him because he's not the sort who's happy to stay up top and maybe not be involved in the game.

But he's been excellent this season. Let's not got overboard.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
It was poor. In mitigation, I think we saw that he's really not suited to this lone striker role. It clearly frustrates him because he's not the sort who's happy to stay up top and maybe not be involved in the game.

But he's been excellent this season. Let's not got overboard.
Played on his own away to Everton and it was one of his finest games

Feed Me

I'm hungry
Played on his own away to Everton and it was one of his finest games
Completely different sort of game away in Europe. The striker does tend to get isolated because we keep the ball a hell of a lot at the back and in midfield.

Completely different to an away game in the PL.

Saliph

Yes, he was horrible, mostly because of his attitude. He clearly hates these away games in the CL when we're playing negative crapball. And I can understand him. Up on his own with little to no support, I can imagine it gets annoying. Still, there's no excuse for his attitude, he should be professional enough to put in a shift regardless. He needs a kick up the backside before the weekend.

He's not suited for these type of games. He can play a lone striker just fine if the tactics suit him, but these clearly don't. We would've been better off with Hernandez on his own up there tonight, but I suspect SAF wants Berba to score again.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Must say not so much his performance i thought his attitude was disgusting tonight, looked as if he couldn't give a shit at times, don't know what that was all about to be honest.
He clearly gave a shit. He was obviously as pissed off with himself as he was with anyone else.

Very poor performance though and his attitude was shocking too. But hey, that's Berbatov. When he's good he's great when he's bad he's woeful. We should just be grateful we've got other players taking up the slack this season when Rooney AND Berbatov aren't on their game.

He'll come good though. Just like he did last season. The similarity in his form between this season and last is scary. Exactly the same trajectory in his form.

askabob

He clearly gave a shit. He was obviously as pissed off with himself as he was with anyone else.

Very poor performance though and his attitude was shocking too. But hey, that's Berbatov. When he's good he's great when he's bad he's woeful. We should just be grateful we've got other players taking up the slack this season when Rooney AND Berbatov aren't it.
Yes he did give a shit and it was also evidenced by the defensive shift he put in. However being frustrated with yourself is not an excuse to have a go at your teammates, especially if it is your own fault (e.g. them not passing to him because he was offside).

MUFCgal

Attitude aside, Berba doesn't play the lone role very well.

History shows that he plays best with a strike partner, the likes of a Chicharito. I won't be surprised if Berba gets a goal this weekend against Wolves.

decorativeed

Not sure what they serve on a Turkish Airlines flight, but I'd suggest he tries something else next time.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Yes he did give a shit and it was also evidenced by the defensive shift he put in. However being frustrated with yourself is not an excuse to have a go at your teammates, especially if it is your own fault (e.g. them not passing to him because he was offside).
It was annoying but let's not be drama queens about it. I'm sure his team-mates are well used to him being a diva. Water off a duck's back.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
Why does everyone constantly bring up his body language and demeanor when he plays poorly? Birtles was going nuts on commentary tonight.

He's always been like that, and always will be.

Feed Me

I'm hungry

History shows that he plays with best with a strike partnership, the likes of a Chicharito. I won't be surprised if Berba gets a goal this weekend against Wolves.
Yeah, Wolves at home with a fresh Hernandez will be a good tonic to get him back on form.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Why does everyone constantly bring up his body language and demeanor when he plays poorly? Birtles was going nuts on commentary tonight.

He's always been like that, and always will be.
Because it's an easy stick to beat him with I expect.

DanH

History shows that he plays with best with a strike partnership, the likes of a Chicharito. I won't be surprised if Berba gets a goal this weekend against Wolves.
Spot on. Much as I personally like him he's never really shown that he's comfortable as a lone striker. You might get the odd game where you can say 'oh but he held it up well' but that''s not really enough. He needs someone up top near him that he can get on his wavelength.

Status
Not open for further replies.