Bad Berba's Back

Status
Not open for further replies.

finneh

Absolutely disgusting.

He had a go at three players that I saw on camera (I dread to think how many off camera), when every time he was clearly in the wrong by being way offside (not offside because he was making threatening runs, because he was constantly loitering lazily offside) or not making decent runs. One of those players was Scholes who had an incredible game. One was Obertan, the last thing he needs in his early career is a "big name" player screaming at him for not passing the ball when there were other players in far better (none offside) positions.

Everything about him absolutely stunk today. After that performance, if I were Fergie Berbatov would "be given the opportunity to regain his form in the reserves for two or three weeks".

askabob

It was annoying but let's not be drama queens about it. I'm sure his team-mates are well used to him being a diva. Water off a duck's back.
The fact that his teammates are used to it doesn't make it right..

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Absolutely disgusting.

He had a go at three players that I saw on camera (I dread to think how many off camera), when every time he was clearly in the wrong by being way offside (not offside because he was making threatening runs, because he was constantly loitering lazily offside) or not making decent runs. One of those players was Scholes who had an incredible game. One was Obertan, the last thing he needs in his early career is a "big name" player screaming at him for not passing the ball when there were other players in far better (none offside) positions.

Everything about him absolutely stunk today. After that performance, if I were Fergie Berbatov would "be given the opportunity to regain his form in the reserves for two or three weeks".
:lol:

Good job you're not Fergie then, eh.

Devil may care

His worst game of the season by far tonight, he was stroppy and lackluster all night, hope he gets his head on right for the derby.

finneh

:lol:

Good job you're not Fergie then, eh.
Let's be fair, if he didn't cost £30m he'd have been shipped out ages ago. If he cost nothing and played with that attitude he would be given said treatment.

Red Defence

“United stands for attacking, attractive football
Absolutely disgusting.

Rio and Vida shout at their team mates and it's called "organising the defence".

Rooney shouts at his team mates (a common occurence) and the other players are at fault.

Berbatov shouts at his team mates and all hell breaks loose.

Stop being influenced by crap and extremely irritating Sky commentators...learn to think for yourself.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
Let's be fair, if he didn't cost £30m he'd have been shipped out ages ago. If he cost nothing and played with that attitude he would be given said treatment.
Don't start mate. On the whole, his form has been excellent this season.

Poor performance tonight, but lets not get into the same old Berbatov-debates.

CentreForward

Berba's bitch. A Bulgarian dEvil
Berba was not at his best today, but why is he the only one getting his own 'he's shit" thread after 2 poor games?
Scholes was no better for a few games a couple of weeks ago. Fletcher was poor too. Evra never hit top form this season and generally players tend to have moments and dips in form. Berba however seems to be the scapegoat again

askabob

Nobody is saying it's right. Just suggesting people don't get all girly about it.

You ever played in a football team? There's always one grumpy twat shooting his mouth off all game. Usually best ignored. Really not that big a deal though.
Yes and most of my teammates would never give the ball to that player.

Of course, these players are professionals and shouldn't bring smalltime arguments onto the pitch but that might be the case between Nani and Berbatov. The look Berbatov gave to Nani today was absolutely disgusting - and this isn't the only incident. Hope it doesn't affect how they play on the pitch.

Commadus

Playing the role of lone front man is hard. Most times you won't get the ball - its frustrating but Berba was a bit too theatrical as if every run he made deserved the ball. He can play a decoy run at times but his body language seemed all wrong.

Probably his worst performance of the season so far - he is better playing alongside someone and from a deeper position than staying up front.

TheMancRedDevil

I'm getting a bit fed up about all this "lack of service" stuff used as an excuse for Berbatov. We scored three goals tonight so someone was getting the job done.

Part of the problem is that for such an experienced player, he doesn't seem to know what the word "offside" means which makes it slightly difficult for him to get the service he requires.

He needs to sort his attitude out. It wasn't just tonight, this has been brewing for the last few games.

Ole'sbodyguard

Berbatov was utter shite tonight. Easily his worst performance for United this season.

Pretty much everything he tried failed to come off and his attitude was piss poor as well. Disappointing to see, tbh. He's still got plenty to prove for United.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
Berba was not at his best today, but why is he the only one getting his own 'he's shit" thread after 2 poor games?
Scholes was no better for a few games a couple of weeks ago. Fletcher was poor too. Evra never hit top form this season and generally players tend to have moments and dips in form. Berba however seems to be the scapegoat again
So true!

In the grand scheme of this season, he's had two poor games. You're totally right, we've had other big players be similarly under par this season and it gets brushed under the carpet.

But there always has to be a scapegoat. Even when we win 3-0.

finneh

Rio and Vida shout at their team mates and it's called "organising the defence".

Rooney shouts at his team mates (a common occurence) and the other players are at fault.

Stop being influenced by crap Sky commentators...learn to think for yourself.
Our defenders shout at their teammates to organise them. Historically Rooney has shouted at his team to fire them up (although I made the same comments when he had a go at Nani multiple times at the start of last year). Berbatov has a go at his teammates for his own inadequacies, which has absolutely no positive effect on the team. If O'Shea did that (who has had a better Utd career than Berbatov) we'd have everyone on here saying "ship him out now".

That last comment is quite funny actually, we were slamming the commentators all night for being moronic. You know what they say about assuming.

Don't start mate. On the whole, his form has been excellent this season.

Poor performance tonight, but lets not get into the same old Berbatov-debates.
He has been excellent in comparison to previous seasons, which doesn't say much. In reality he has been incredible in 1 game, good-very good in 2 games and acceptable in a couple of others. If Berbatov has had an excellent season, your view of Nani/Scholes this year must be out of this world.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Yes and most of my teammates would never give the ball to that player.
Seriously? That's kind of silly. Talk about over-sensitive.

Of course, these players are professionals and shouldn't bring smalltime arguments onto the pitch but that might be the case between Nani and Berbatov. The look Berbatov gave to Nani today was absolutely disgusting - and this isn't the only incident. Hope it doesn't affect how they play on the pitch.
Meh. They're professionals. They'll get over it.

MUFCgal

I'm getting a bit fed up about all this "lack of service" stuff used as an excuse for Berbatov. We scored three goals tonight so someone was getting the job done.

Part of the problem is that for such an experienced player, he doesn't seem to know what the word "offside" means which makes it slightly difficult for him to get the service he requires.

He needs to sort his attitude out. It wasn't just tonight, this has been brewing for the last few games.
Yes, he was offside a little too much for my liking tonight, but you can't deny the man plays better alongside a strike partner. I think him and Chicharito have a good partnership, they should definitely start up front together this weekend against Wolves.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
Our defenders shout at their teammates to organise them. Historically Rooney has shouted at his team to fire them up (although I made the same comments when he had a go at Nani multiple times at the start of last year). Berbatov has a go at his teammates for his own inadequacies, which has absolutely no positive effect on the team. If O'Shea did that (who has had a better Utd career than Berbatov) we'd have everyone on here saying "ship him out now".

That last comment is quite funny actually, we were slamming the commentators all night for being moronic. You know what they say about assuming.

He has been excellent in comparison to previous seasons, which doesn't say much. In reality he has been incredible in 1 game, good-very good in 2 games and acceptable in a couple of others. If Berbatov has had an excellent season, your view of Nani/Scholes this year must be out of this world.
Nani has been the stand out player. Scholes outstanding in some games, below par in others. Berbatov, you are underrating. He's been very good this season.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Yes, he was offside a little too much for my liking tonight, but you can't deny the man plays better alongside a strike partner. I think him and Chicharito have a good partnership, they should definitely start up front together this weekend against Wolves.
Agree 100%

Galactic

Incorrigible pest
He tried hard today. Credit to him. He got annoyed when his touches were not that good. It's a good sign I think.

Ole'sbodyguard

So true!

In the grand scheme of this season, he's had two poor games. You're totally right, we've had other big players be similarly under par this season and it gets brushed under the carpet.

But there always has to be a scapegoat. Even when we win 3-0.
He's hardly being scapegoated, people are just accurately pointing that his performance and attitude were poor tonight, which unfortunately both were.

evra

Bitten by an adder as a baby, the adder died.

Stop being influenced by crap and extremely irritating Sky commentators...learn to think for yourself.
On a slight tangent, Birtles inspired commentary reached a crescendo with his fantastic anecdote about Nottingham Forest players or yore, erm basically going for a pint in a Glasgow pub- thanks Peter Ustinov.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
He's hardly being scapegoated, people are just accurately pointing that his performance and attitude were poor tonight, which unfortunately both were.
He was piss poor. But there's no doubt that his poor performances are leapt upon and dissected to the nth degree.

But the likes of Evra and Fletcher have shown some really poor form, particularly towards the start of this season, and generally escape criticism.

I just think the whole thread is a bit sad to be honest.

Enigma_87

You know who
Lacked desire, was frustrating. His worst match this season. Couple of goals against Wolves would boost his confidence. He often has those rough patches.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
Yup. The mark of a scapegoat is getting stick when they DON'T play badly. Whatever stick Berbatov gets tonight is deserved. Hence he's not being scapegoated, by definition.

Some of the comments are a tad hysterical but meh, with Berbatov it's always polemic. A decent game against city (please God) and all will be forgiven.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
Yup. The mark of a scapegoat is getting stick when they DON'T play badly. Whatever stick Berbatov gets tonight is deserved. Hence he's not being scapegoated, by definition.

Some of the comments are a tad hysterical but meh, with Berbatov it's always polemic. A decent game against city (please God) and all will be forgiven.
In any case, scapegoating was the wrong word to use by me, because we got a very good win.

This whole thread is a bit poor from certain people though, given that when it's all said and done, he's basically had two poor games this season.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
He was piss poor. But there's no doubt that his poor performances are leapt upon and dissected to the nth degree.

But the likes of Evra and Fletcher have shown some really poor form, particularly towards the start of this season, and generally escape criticism.

It's the combination of bad performance AND bad attitude which means he gets more grief than Fletcher or Evra on a bad day. Which is fair enough.

Red Defence

“United stands for attacking, attractive football

When you repeat their words it's a reasonable assumption...yes.

If you think Rooney shouts at players just to fire them up you're in another world. Or deluding yourself.

Ole'sbodyguard

The majority of this thread is full of people disagreeing with the OP after Saturday's performance.

The rest of it is people rightly pointing out that his performance tonight was piss poor and his attitude was bad.

It's a fecking non event of a thread and hardly demonstrative of him being dissected to the nth degree.

Sorry if this sounds harsh but no one is scapegoating him and he getting very minimal criticism.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
It's the combination of bad performance AND bad attitude which means he gets more grief than Fletcher or Evra on a bad day. Which is fair enough.
Aye, that's fair enough and I can understand why people would take offence to his onfield demeanor. But they better get used to it, because even when he's on form, he comes across as a bit of a moaner. As you say, the players will be used to it.

And in fairness, both Evra and Fletcher have both taken their fair share of shit over the years!

Feed Me

I'm hungry
The majority of this thread is full of people disagreeing with the OP after Saturday's performance.

The rest of it is people rightly pointing out that his performance tonight was piss poor and his attitude was bad.

It's a fecking non event of a thread and hardly demonstrative of him being dissected to the nth degree.

Sorry if this sounds harsh but no one is scapegoating him and he getting very minimal criticism.
I agree with everything you are saying. I have said he was poor.

finneh

Exactly. Also most people seem to be saying "we all know he can't play up front on his own", clearly making excuses as to why he was so shocking today. This clearly is bollocks since Fergie must think he can play up top on his own, or else he wouldn't have played him. I think I'll bow to his superior knowledge on this one.

TheMancRedDevil

Meh. They're professionals. They'll get over it.
Berbatov is a professional too!

His behaviour smacks of a spoilt little kid who chucks his toys out of the pram.

Personally, I'm not fooled by all this "languid, laid back" image he likes to put across. I think he's stressed to feck underneath all that because he's playing like a plank and he knows he's playing like a plank.

He's nearly 30 now, not coming up to 20 with time on his side.

I wouldn't mind him handing out the odd rollocking if his own performances were consistently 7/8/9 out of 10 but let's be honest, in three seasons at United, you could count those performances on your fingers.

When he starts having a pop at a player like Scholes, you know he's lost the plot completely.

If he doesn't sort himself out, he won't be here next season. Fergie is very protective of his young players and he won't let Berbatov get away with this shit much longer. He's not worth it.

Ole'sbodyguard

I agree with everything you are saying. I have said he was poor.
I don't think we are agreeing if you think he is being scapegoated and that his performances of this season are being dissected to the nth degree.

Berbatov's getting pretty decent treatment on here.

If you want to see scapegoating and dissection to the nth degree have a gander at any JOS and until recently Evans, Park and Carrick threads.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
Berbatov is a professional too!

His behaviour smacks of a spoilt little kid who chucks his toys out of the pram.

Personally, I'm not fooled by all this "languid, laid back" image he likes to put across. I think he's stressed to feck underneath all that because he's playing like a plank and he knows he's playing like a plank.

He's nearly 30 now, not coming up to 20 with time on his side.

I wouldn't mind him handing out the odd rollocking if his own performances were consistently 7/8/9 out of 10 but let's be honest, in three seasons at United, you could count those performances on your fingers.

When he starts having a pop at a player like Scholes, you know he's lost the plot completely.

If he doesn't sort himself out, he won't be here next season. Fergie is very protective of his young players and he won't let Berbatov get away with this shit much longer. He's not worth it.
Another drama queen.

Status
Not open for further replies.