Bailly our new pacey Vidic?

Yagami

Good post resistant
He looks a similar type of defender to Vida, but a much better passer to boot. Still too soon to say he'll be as good as Vidic, though, but the signs look promising.

legball

He's similar to Vidic in style. But a very good passer, calm on the ball & has pace to burn. He'll need to get used to the team & playing for a bigger team, but he has the right qualities.

Bugshot

He has that "badass" vibe about him like Vidic and Kompany.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
Did you just mention Blind and Rojo?

Caf think Blind and Rojo are shite and shld have been sold long ago.
I don't particularly rate either, but name another club that has back up options that are that good?

NinjaFletch

This threads definitely not going to be bumped everytime he fecks up, no sir.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Good performance. Still raw, but looked solid in the tackle, and has an outrageous leap when going for an aerial duel. Looks cool when pressed or when chasing a ball towards his own goal.

I both cheered and cringed when he launched his body at whoeveritwas whilst on a yellow card. Could have seen a 2nd for that, but I thought the first yellow was a little harsh. Looked a fair shoulder to shoulder to me, and Vardy just wasn't up for it.

Some of those last ditch tackles when they were running in being were quite Vidic-like, but he's got a long, long way to go before he can be compared as a player to Vidic,

buckooo1978

Very impressed - strong, quick, a good tackler and reads the game well

A lovely passer too

LouisDanGaal

You can tell we've had a good day of news when threads like these start popping up.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
He needs a lot of work and an experienced, commanding partner would not go amiss.

There's a lot of good and a lot of bad in his game, and shrewd players and managers are going to start targeting him for potential fouls and cards if he keeps flying into tackles like he does.

There's potential there, undoubtedly, but he needs mentoring on when to hold position, when to go to ground and when to break rank on his CB partner.

Obviously with our crap pre-season the team haven't had much time to work together or learn each others' traits, so there's probably a level for him to go up just off settling in; it will be interesting to see what he looks like a few months down the line.

Athletically, he's everything you want in a CB so how far he goes is dependent on his intelligence and ability to take in what he's being taught.

Seveneric

Considering his age, if United get 3 peak Vidic-like seasons out of him, he'd have been a success

FujiVice

He'll have his ups and downs this year, but God he's bursting with potential.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
He appears, as he did in the clips, to be have a very complete range of qualities. Classy on the ball, good passer, strong as hell, rapid and a strong tackler. I expect him to be a bit rash, but there's definitely a lot of potential in this one.

Denis79

He needs a lot of work and an experienced, commanding partner would not go amiss.

There's a lot of good and a lot of bad in his game, and shrewd players and managers are going to start targeting him for potential fouls and cards if he keeps flying into tackles like he does.

There's potential there, undoubtedly, but he needs mentoring on when to hold position, when to go to ground and when to break rank on his CB partner.

Obviously with our crap pre-season the team haven't had much time to work together or learn each others' traits, so there's probably a level for him to go up just off settling in; it will be interesting to see what he looks like a few months down the line.

Athletically, he's everything you want in a CB so how far he goes is dependent on his intelligence and ability to take in what he's being taught.
Completely agree with you, as you say he has the bad and the good. But what I saw of the bad can be repaired. You cant teach speed, agressive play and a bad-ass physical presence, luckily he has all that. That he reads badly, goes in stupidly can be improved. Why I really believe in his potential.

He might not be the signing of the season this year but maybe when his play matures in 2-3 seasons we look back at this year and feel that he actually was our best signing.

Interval

Level
Thought he was poor. Talented yes. But decision making will need to improve. He is atleast 2-3 yrs away from becoming a Vidic, if!

Enigma_87

You know who
He was just like in La Liga - physical presence, fast, positions well and likes to stuck in. There's still a lot to do especially in decision making and learning English to communicate better, but first steps look promising.

Denis79

Thought he was poor. Talented yes. But decision making will need to improve. He is atleast 2-3 yrs away from becoming a Vidic, if!
I didn't express myself the way I intended to. Didn't mean he is a Vidic but he could very well become the new Vidic. You can clearly see that Blind wont become a Vidic nor Jones but Bailly had something I cant put my finger on. He just got me excited about his future.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I can see him and Smalling leaving a fair few strikers bruised and battered this season.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Maybe I'm just getting old but I'm finding it harder and harder to get giddy about players we sign who have loads of potential.

As Brwned said, there's a rash element to his game and he makes various little mistakes. While he could turn into a new Rio or Vida, he could also have much shallower learning arc like Phil Jones and struggle to iron out his faults. One seasons hope is another seasons scape goat.

Interval

Level
I didn't express myself the way I intended to. Didn't mean he is a Vidic but he could very well become the new Vidic. You can clearly see that Blind wont become a Vidic nor Jones but Bailly had something I cant put my finger on. He just got me excited about his future.
Don't get me wrong. I know where you're coming from. He seems to have all the skill sets.

The problem with defenders is that we have seen so many have all physical requirements but very few becoming mentally astute to become top notch defenders. Kolo Toure, Wes Brown, hell, even Distin at times. All good defenders. Maturity is hard to come by

Denis79

Don't get me wrong. I know where you're coming from. He seems to have all the skill sets.

The problem with defenders is that we have seen so many have all physical requirements but very few becoming mentally astute to become top notch defenders. Kolo Toure, Wes Brown, hell, even Distin at times. All good defenders. Maturity is hard to come by
Oh common mate don't point out solid facts... Now you got me questioning my excitement...

Globule

signature/tagline creator extraordinaire
A long way to go before he reaches Vidic's level. He has a few too many rash moments and needs to find the right balance between rushing into tackles and being more cautious. If he learns that skill, which I imagine he will over time, he has everything in place to be a quality CB for us.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
Too early to judge. However, early signs are good. I particularly love his composure on the ball, and his ability to find his teammates.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
He looks to have a very likeable personality the players seem to love him

he could become the new Evra in that side of things

stu_1992

I think he showed a lot of promise and it was good performance, besides the early nutmeg. Way too soon to be making comparisons to anybody though. I do agree with those that say he is rash. That probably will cost him eventually until he learns to cut it out. Worked for him today, but some of those could easily go against him too.

Ricardo de la Vega

Didn't think he was poor - he was strong, good in the tackle and competiteve in the air and used the ball well.

He was however clearly coming from a different program and needs to learn about how to defend in a unit against pacy runners off the shoulder like Vardy et al. If he keeps clumsily barging into the back of them not realising they'll go down instantly he wont last long.

Michael Owen said he reminded him a little of what Jaap Staam looked like in his charity shield debut - vs Nic Anelka - not used to a speedster scooting in behind him all day and hassling him. That comes with experience of the Premier League. But I think he's got all the attributes to succeed.

3KDré

Couldn't stop laughing when he basically jumped straight into Gray.