Balotelli signs for Liverpool - Official

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shark

@NotShark
Both sets of fans do this. To suggest otherwise is nonsense. Just see the on-going Januzaj/Sterling yap and the endless Sturridge/Welbeck debate.
Januzaj and Sterling is a valid comparison, as was the Welbeck\Sturridge debate before the latter started banging in goals left right and centre for you lot. Those comparisons also come down to the players being around the same age.

Ballotelli has never gotten close to Falcao. It just so happens we signed them both late in the window and Balloteli returning to the league creates an attractive story. For the wrong reasons too. If Falcao moved to any other club but us there'd be no debates going on regarding the two players.

PickledRed

Supports
Liverpool
Januzaj and Sterling is a valid comparison, as was the Welbeck\Sturridge debate before the latter started banging in goals left right and centre for you lot. Those comparisons also come down to the players being around the same age.

Ballotelli has never gotten close to Falcao. It just so happens we signed them both late in the window and Balloteli returning to the league creates an attractive story. For the wrong reasons too. If Falcao moved to any other club but us there'd be no debates going on regarding the two players.
I'm sorry but the Welbeck/Sturridge comparisons were still banging on from some until he just left.

gasmanc

Banned
Both sets of fans do this. To suggest otherwise is nonsense. Just see the on-going Januzaj/Sterling yap and the endless Sturridge/Welbeck debate.
Actually you need to update yourself here, the United fans in general accept that Sturridge has progressed beyond Wellbeck as we speak, it could re-ignite itself if he gets a run and starts banging them in for Arsenal however. The Januzaj/Sterling debate has also been seen as a win for Sterling as his current form has sent him ahead for the time being, all four players still being of an age where they can still improve and you just can't predict who will end up better long term.

Murphman

@Murphman falcao will cost more than Balotelli as he is twice the player. Is it any surprise?
Falcao is class. and we couldn't afford him as well as having strengthened our squad to the level we have this summer... and he's currently better than Balotelli... except of course if he's injured he isn't, he's fecking useless, He's a massive risk based on his recent injury record at that kind of money, that'll be why it's a one year loan. IMO he's miles more of a risk than Balotelli because of the money involved, Balotelli if he's matured and acknowledges he's running out of last chances could become at £16m an absolute snip, if his temperament wasn't so suspect he'd be worth at least twice that, and there's parallels to be drawn with the likes of Sturridge and Cantona here, amongst others.. We're arguing the difference between apples and oranges. I'm delighted you've spent all that money on strikers when it's obvious to anybody who knows anything about football it's your spine needs the work.

finneh

His goal scoring record is surprisingly poor if you ignore penalties... around 1 in 4 I believe.

According to Google: 24 penalties + 42 other goals in 157 games.

Last edited:

Shark

@NotShark
Falcao is class. and we couldn't afford him as well as having strengthened our squad to the level we have this summer... and he's currently better than Balotelli... except of course if he's injured he isn't, he's fecking useless, He's a massive risk based on his recent injury record at that kind of money, that'll be why it's a one year loan. IMO he's miles more of a risk than Balotelli because of the money involved, Balotelli if he's matured and on a last warning at £16m is an absolute snip, if his temperament wasn't so suspect he'd be worth at least twice that, and there's parallels to be drawn with the likes of Sturridge and Cantona here, amongst others.. So we're arguing the difference between apples and oranges here. I'me delighted you've spent all that money on strikers when it's obvious to anybody who knows anything it's your spine needs the work.

Funny how everything United do, even when signing one if the best players on the planet becomes a 'massive risk'. :lol:

Also you mention the money involved, yet Falcao has currently cost less on loan than Balotelli. Another magnificent, well researched post though. Keep up the good work!

gasmanc

Banned
Falcao is class. and we couldn't afford him as well as having strengthened our squad to the level we have this summer... and he's currently better than Balotelli... except of course if he's injured he isn't, he's fecking useless, He's a massive risk based on his recent injury record at that kind of money, that'll be why it's a one year loan. IMO he's miles more of a risk than Balotelli because of the money involved, Balotelli if he's matured and acknowledges he's running out of last chances could become at £16m an absolute snip, if his temperament wasn't so suspect he'd be worth at least twice that, and there's parallels to be drawn with the likes of Sturridge and Cantona here, amongst others.. We're arguing the difference between apples and oranges. I'm delighted you've spent all that money on strikers when it's obvious to anybody who knows anything about football it's your spine needs the work.
Could become, if he's matured, if his temperament wasn't so suspect. Yea ok but then again he could just carry on the same life path that is now most likely an inbuilt part of his makeup, just like Suarez couldn't stop biting.

Falcao has had ACL surgery far as I know, I've had ACL myself the worst one, full rupture and meniscus and cartilage damage, without the help of the worlds top medical experts I can sprint, turn, twist, basically do anything I could do before without any thought for it and I've not had the benefit of jiggling injuries each season giving me the confidence in my bodies powers of recovery. Falcao is also a loan with option to buy so if his knee does collapse he's well worth the risk over 12 months.

Be honest here without any if' or buts, given the choice Falcao or Balotelli ?

Murphman

Funny how everything United do, even when signing one if the best players on the planet becomes a 'massive risk'. :lol:

Also you mention the money involved, yet Falcao has currently cost less on loan than Balotelli. Another magnificent, well researched post though. Keep up the good work!

You're a fecking idiot. Perhaps you're doing it on purpose I don't know. nor give a shit...

Murphman

Could become, if he's matured, if his temperament wasn't so suspect. Yea ok but then again he could just carry on the same life path that is now most likely an inbuilt part of his makeup, just like Suarez couldn't stop biting.

Falcao has had ACL surgery far as I know, I've had ACL myself the worst one, full rupture and meniscus and cartilage damage, without the help of the worlds top medical experts I can sprint, turn, twist, basically do anything I could do before without any thought for it and I've not had the benefit of jiggling injuries each season giving me the confidence in my bodies powers of recovery. Falcao is also a loan with option to buy so if his knee does collapse he's well worth the risk over 12 months.

Be honest here without any if' or buts, given the choice Falcao or Balotelli ?

Assuming Mario doesn't kill anybody and knuckles down under Brendan and Falcao retains his pace and regains his fitness then Falcao, for the same money like.

Shark

@NotShark
You're a fecking idiot. Perhaps you're doing it on purpose I don't know. nor give a shit...
I'll stop now, don't worry. I'm
Just of the opinion that your posts belong on RAWK, not here. Just do some research before talking about injury records, transfer fees and what or whatnot United are missing in order to create a solid spine. How about waiting for our signings to play a game together before commenting on that?

Murphman

I'll stop now, don't worry. I'm
Just of the opinion that your posts belong on RAWK, not here. Just do some research before talking about injury records, transfer fees and what or whatnot United are missing in order to create a solid spine. How about waiting for our signings to play a game together before commenting on that?
I don't post on Rawk mainly on Y NWA, and I used to post in here back in the day before the yanks and Hodgson fecked us up and it became an unfair fight. a bit like now really only in reverse (that was a joke by the way before you kick off). We've not changed our squad too much, most of our signings are additions to help cope with the extra matches and hopefully to kick on from last season where we came so close. United didn't come close at all and have a major rebuild on their hands, in most people's opinion. That's not a criticism it's an observation and for my opinion on where United are lacking, I'm perfectly entitled to express that.

gasmanc

Banned
Assuming Mario doesn't kill anybody and knuckles down under Brendan and Falcao retains his pace and regains his fitness then Falcao, for the same money like.
Falcao is hardly blessed with blistering pace, but there you go assuming with Balotelli again.
Money isn't the issue here either, not for United anyway.

Murphman

Falcao is hardly blessed with blistering pace, but there you go assuming with Balotelli again.
Money isn't the issue here either, not for United anyway.
He said no 'if's and but's' so I took out the possible problems with both of them. Whilst Falcao doesn't rely on his pace as much as say Henry, anybody losing a yard after a cruciate, which can happen, won't be as good as before the injury. Money might not be THE issue for United but we're comparing the two and trying to establish who will be the bigger risk, who will be the best buy, who paid the money is irrelevant. With Balotelli I immediately compared him at £16m, even considering his baggage, as a risk well worth taking with both hands when you consider Sunderland offered £14m for Borini and Fulham paid £10m for a Leeds player I'd never heard of. I can only assume you will continue to spend on an enormous scale to get back in the game, you've spent a bomb on decent enough players but honestly, is it your forwards that concern you or your midfield/centre backs?

gasmanc

Banned
He said no 'if's and but's' so I took out the possible problems with both of them. Whilst Falcao doesn't rely on his pace as much as say Henry, anybody losing a yard after a cruciate, which can happen, won't be as good as before the injury. Money might not be THE issue for United but we're comparing the two and trying to establish who will be the bigger risk, who will be the best buy, who paid the money is irrelevant. With Balotelli I immediately compared him at £16m, even considering his baggage, as a risk well worth taking with both hands when you consider Sunderland offered £14m for Borini and Fulham paid £10m for a Leeds player I'd never heard of. I can only assume you will continue to spend on an enormous scale to get back in the game, you've spent a bomb on decent enough players but honestly, is it your forwards that concern you or your midfield/centre backs?
In all honesty Balotelli isn't even worth comparing to Falcao they aren't even in the same brackets of class hence the differing fee's Balotelli might shave a bit off his value being a dickhead but generally players in Falcao's bracket are 40-50m plus, like in life you generally get what you pay for.

United's midfield concerns are really one player short of outstanding, Herrera, Di Maria, Blind, Fletcher we also have Carrick to come back in and god forbid Anderson and if we really are struggling then Rooney can also play in there. As for CB how many do we actually need ? We have five as it stands Evans,Smalling, Jones, Rojo, Blackett three of which have been excellent and have vast PL experience which is enough for any top side and especially one that has to contend with limited fixtures. Liverpool currently have how many CB's ?
See if I was a Liverpool fan I would be worried about your own CB positions, more so than signing attackers like Balotelli.

Edit: just realised that I completely forgot about Fellaini's existence :lol: looking at it our CM and CB area is actually quite packed, good mix of quality and squaddies.

Last edited:

Murphman

In all honesty Balotelli isn't even worth comparing to Falcao they aren't even in the same brackets of class hence the differing fee's Balotelli might shave a bit off his value being a dickhead but generally players in Falcao's bracket are 40-50m plus, like in life you generally get what you pay for.

United's midfield concerns are really one player short of outstanding, Herrera, Di Maria, Blind, Fletcher we also have Carrick to come back in and god forbid Anderson and if we really are struggling then Rooney can also play in there. As for CB how many do we actually need ? We have five as it stands Evans,Smalling, Jones, Rojo, Blackett three of which have been excellent and have vast PL experience which is enough for any top side and especially one that has to contend with limited fixtures. Liverpool currently have how many CB's ?
See if I was a Liverpool fan I would be worried about your own CB positions, more so than signing attackers like Balotelli.
I'm not being sarcastic or taking the piss, I wouldn't take any of your centre backs over Skrtel, Sakho or Lovren, we could do with one more though, Kolo is way past his sell by. As for your 'outstanding' midfield, well if you're happy with it then good for you, ours is chockablok with bright young things and I'm really buzzing this year, I've not been this optimistic since 2009. Should be an interesting season.

Barney

"We're going to smash them (Crystal Palace)"
Supports
Liverpool
I'm not being sarcastic or taking the piss, I wouldn't take any of your centre backs over Skrtel, Sakho or Lovren, we could do with one more though, Kolo is way past his sell by. As for your 'outstanding' midfield, well if you're happy with it then good for you, ours is chockablok with bright young things and I'm really buzzing this year, I've not been this optimistic since 2009. Should be an interesting season.
I'd have Smalling over Skrtel without doubt. I'm much more optimistic now than I was in 2009 as then we had a poor summer and had the ownership issues.

STE586

We all know what happened to Liverpool following their 2009 season. Wouldn't be too optimistic lads.

gasmanc

Banned
Considering you have yet to see Rojo you would be stretching it a bit to be taking the piss even if you tried, Smalling has been excellent as has Jones, either would displace Skrtel in your side in fact Titus Bramble would have a run at Skrtels shirt to be fair. Sahko and Lovren may well settle into a great partnership but your as in the dark as we are as to how they will bed in as a unit. Your also carrying the weight of games with you and less CB's so as I pointed out initially your position is theoretically more worrying than Uniteds, the point in your favor was having a settled squad from last year will help but your still needing to integrate players and it can be a lottery.

ShadesOfTomato

Supports
Liverpool
Whilst I like the idea of him becoming a **** hero at Anfield, Balotelli has a lot of convincing to do for me. He definitely wasn't at the top of my wishlist this summer.

Falcao for Utd was a no brainer considering the position you're in, but after a 2nd ACL injury we'll see how he does.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Why are people even comparing transfers of Balotelli and Falcao? Falcao is one of the best strikers in the world and Balotelli wasn't even one in Serie A. Plus Falcao is loaned, if he doesn't improve us(he obviously will) we won't buy him, while Liverpool will have to stick with Balotelli since probably no one will want him anymore if he disappoints again(no one apart Liverpool wanted him this summer too).

PickledRed

Supports
Liverpool
Whilst I like the idea of him becoming a **** hero at Anfield, Balotelli has a lot of convincing to do for me. He definitely wasn't at the top of my wishlist this summer.

Falcao for Utd was a no brainer considering the position you're in, but after a 2nd ACL injury we'll see how he does.
Wonder if this plays a significant role. Top players can struggle to return to former glories with this kind of thing. But all players react differently.

gasmanc

Banned
Why are people even comparing transfers of Balotelli and Falcao? Falcao is one of the best strikers in the world and Balotelli wasn't even one in Serie A. Plus Falcao is loaned, if he doesn't improve us(he obviously will) we won't buy him, while Liverpool will have to stick with Balotelli since probably no one will want him anymore if he disappoints again(no one apart Liverpool wanted him this summer too).
Pure bitterness, Falcao is world class and instead of just appreciating the fact like most United fans did with Suarez's talent (despite obvious reasons not to) we are subjected to gems like this https://www.redcafe.net/threads/radamel-falcao.395918/page-30#post-16433943
Poor lad gets battered in there though especially when someone digs up a very recent post of him dreaming about Falcao at pool, I think the term is losing a pound but finding a penny.
Backs it up with a more genius too.
https://www.redcafe.net/threads/radamel-falcao.395918/page-30#post-16433975"]Radamel Falcao

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Money grabbing ho. That is all gas.

I dream of RvP, Mata and Falcao as it happens. Won't happen. No shame in admitting that again if it helps you through your midfield deficiency nightmares.

Murphman

That'll be Italy's first choice no 9 in the World Cup you're talking about then? :lol:

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
That'll be Italy's first choice no 9 in the World Cup you're talking about then? :lol:
Currently dropped from the squad by Conte.

All these scored more last season.

Immobile C. (Torino)

Toni L. (Verona)

Tevez C. (Juventus)

Di Natale A. (Udinese), Higuain G. (Napoli), Palacio R. (Inter)

Berardi D. (Sassuolo), Llorente F. (Juventus), Paulinho S. (Livorno), Rossi G. (Fiorentina)

Callejon J. (Napoli), Gilardino A. (Genoa)

Murphman

Considering you have yet to see Rojo you would be stretching it a bit to be taking the piss even if you tried, Smalling has been excellent as has Jones, either would displace Skrtel in your side in fact Titus Bramble would have a run at Skrtels shirt to be fair. Sahko and Lovren may well settle into a great partnership but your as in the dark as we are as to how they will bed in as a unit. Your also carrying the weight of games with you and less CB's so as I pointed out initially your position is theoretically more worrying than Uniteds, the point in your favor was having a settled squad from last year will help but your still needing to integrate players and it can be a lottery.
If Jones and Smalling were so excellent and better than Skrtel who was an ever present at Liverpool how come you came 8th, particularly with Rooney and Van Persie up top? Also if we came within 2 points of winning it and signed 8 new first team starters in the summer how come we should be more worried than United who've already dropped 7 points? You're a classic blinkered football fan. Unlike me... ;)

Murphman

[
Currently dropped from the squad by Conte.

All these scored more last season.

Immobile C. (Torino)

Toni L. (Verona)

Tevez C. (Juventus)

Di Natale A. (Udinese), Higuain G. (Napoli), Palacio R. (Inter)

Berardi D. (Sassuolo), Llorente F. (Juventus), Paulinho S. (Livorno), Rossi G. (Fiorentina)

Callejon J. (Napoli), Gilardino A. (Genoa)

Balotteli scored 26 goals for Milan last season in all comps, you've chosen to highlight Serie A to back up your argument.

thegregster

The same stats

Balotteli scored 26 goals for Milan last season in all comps, you've chosen to highlight Serie A to back up your argument.
He scored 26 goals in the last two Seria A seasons combined.

He only scored 18 in all competitions last season.

:lol:

Take out pens and it looks a lot worse.

Amar__

Supports
MK Dons
Lot of his goals for Milan are penalties, there was some stats that something like 30% or even more of his goals for them were penalties(most of them won by diving in dying minutes when Milan were struggling).

Amar__

Supports
MK Dons
and there are no Italians playing abroad?
What the feck are you on about, first you use argument that he is Italy's best striker(which doesn't have anything to do with what I have said, and anyway @thegregster cools down that argument by saying he isn't even called up for his NT this time), and now you are posting fake stats.

Murphman

My bad, or rather wiki's. He scored 12 in 13 after signing from City in January 2013. Then 18. Then he went to Brazil and lead the line and knocked England out.

Rowem

gently, down the stream

Well played :lol:

I love shit like this. When someone makes a complete inaccurate claim and then someone else comes in and slams the cold, hard statistics down on the table proving them wrong.

thegregster

Went missing when Italy needed him V Costa Rica and Uruguay. Was considered a big flop by the Italian media.

My bad, or rather wiki's. He scored 12 in 13 after signing from City in January 2013. Then 18. Then he went to Brazil and lead the line and knocked England out.

Last edited:

gasmanc

Banned
Money grabbing ho. That is all gas.

I dream of RvP, Mata and Falcao as it happens. Won't happen. No shame in admitting that again if it helps you through your midfield deficiency nightmares.
Aww mt, there's no shame wanting top players, Mata and RVP wouldn't get in at LFC though and Falcao's knee might not even see him through the Shankly gates.

Murphman

What the feck are you on about, first you use argument that he is Italy's best striker(which doesn't have anything to do with what I have said, and anyway @thegregster cools down that argument by saying he isn't even called up for his NT this time), and now you are posting fake stats.
In Brazil he was Italy's only striker. This would suggest he
Well played :lol:

I love shit like this. When someone makes a complete inaccurate claim and then someone else comes in and slams the cold, hard statistics down on the table proving them wrong.
Everybody is wrong actually. Feb 2012 to the end of season 12 in 13 games. Season 2013/2014 18 in 41. Impressive by any standards.

Murphman

Aww mt, there's no shame wanting top players, Mata and RVP wouldn't get in at LFC though and Falcao's knee might not even see him through the Shankly gates.
I had 20 years of you lot telling me the league table doesn't lie, you were of course right. Mata wouldn't get a regular start for Liverpool, no way, too pedestrian for our style of play.

Status
Not open for further replies.