Television Band of Brothers

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.
Band of Brothers was the best series ever made IMO. The Pacific was already, but not nearly as good. The Pacifier was a masterpiece, however.

swooshboy

Band of Brothers
This is another reason for why I prefer The Pacific. The Americans(maybe apart from one character, though not really when you know how it ends for him) aren't really portrayed as heroes. There's even a scene where a large group of American soldiers mentally torture and kill a Japanese solider just for fun.

Band of Brothers is essentially a longer version of Saving Private Ryan, except the premise isn't stupid and the characters are more likeable. Saving Private Ryan has one of the best movie openings ever, though.
What's wrong with the premise of Saving Private Ryan, given that's it's based on a true story?

OleBoiii

What's wrong with the premise of Saving Private Ryan, given that's it's based on a true story?
Did they really send around 10 soldiers on a mission deep into dangerous territory to save one regular soldier? Because that is the premise, if I'm not mistaken.

Sweet Square

Did they really send around 10 soldiers on a mission deep into dangerous territory to save one regular soldier? Because that is the premise, if I'm not mistaken.
I'm pretty sure it really was a potential policy but putting into action never happened because 10 soldiers are worth more than 1 Matt Damon.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
It is inspired by a true story, of the enforcement of the Sole Survivor policy enacted after five brothers died together on while serving on a ship. The guy that inspired it was pulled out of France, though it ended up being the case that one of his three brothers survived in a POW camp.

History.com

Mike Smalling

It is inspired by a true story, of the enforcement of the Sole Survivor policy enacted after five brothers died together on while serving on a ship. The guy that inspired it was pulled out of France, though it ended up being the case that one of his three brothers survived in a POW camp.

History.com
Exactly. The difference between 'based on' and 'inspired by' is massive for historic movies though.

Still, the premise of the movie is incredibly stupid. No way in hell would the U.S. Army send 10 of their best soldiers out on a mission that can at best be described as hopeless and at worst a suicide mission, in a situation where the foothold in Normandy was not secured. What's worse is that they actually succeed by wandering around France shouting his name (this is literally what they do at one point). Saving Private Ryan being massively overrated is one of my biggest pet peeves.