Bannings from the Matchday Forum

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
1. Hellboy

you were warned before about disrupting threads, no more warnings. You're out.

For everyone else who uses the matchday threads, please do not disrupt the threads. Some people do not have access to live streams, radio coverage etc and rely on the thread for updates. People do not want to wade through loads of "giggs is shit!" comments to see whats happening. There are always after match threads that you can post constructive comments in

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
Pepsi07 and Hycool are pretty close to bans from the matchday forum

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Pepsi07 and Hycool are pretty close to bans from the matchday forum
HELL feckING YES!

Carrick is shit my arse! Did he not see him last season? Or last sodding week for that matter? :rolleyes:

pert

Hycool is a retard.

I hate text speak.

eric le roi

can you also ban anyone that posts fake scores in there too? You know, when someone posts something like "Yesss!!!! Vidic! 1-0!!!!" when there hasn't been a goal. It's not big and it's not clever.

Nialler

Alex's Dad
it's suicide to post in the matchday forums. i'm tense enough during a match, emotions running high. i'd probably make a fool of myself if i posted.
not really marcus, if a player makes a complete cock-up of a situation during a match theres no problem in commenting on it

the problem is with posters who supposedly support Manchester United yet relish in taking the piss out of the team/players during the matchday thread when things aren't going our way at the time

it pisses people off big time

Hellboy is a gloryhunting cocktard and it pleases me that the mods have reacted to his cocktardness

having said that he's probably in his early teens and has less sense than his peers but will hopefully learn from his immaturity

Twisted_Woody

Scout
can you also ban anyone that posts fake scores in there too? You know, when someone posts something like "Yesss!!!! Vidic! 1-0!!!!" when there hasn't been a goal. It's not big and it's not clever.
Especially when you can't watch the game because Setanta Sports spent billions to get the right to blockade everyone who doesn't have 20 bucks a month to spend on their fecking channel.

cloud218

PLease! I agree with that! Every now and then when I can't watch it from TV or stream, I rely on the matchday forums heavily. At least give them warnings!

topper

Clown
1. Hellboy

you were warned before about disrupting threads, no more warnings. You're out.

For everyone else who uses the matchday threads, please do not disrupt the threads. Some people do not have access to live streams, radio coverage etc and rely on the thread for updates. People do not want to wade through loads of "giggs is shit!" comments to see whats happening. There are always after match threads that you can post constructive comments in
Thanks gb and I'll go with automatic bans for false score posts too please

Hellboy

not really marcus, if a player makes a complete cock-up of a situation during a match theres no problem in commenting on it

the problem is with posters who supposedly support Manchester United yet relish in taking the piss out of the team/players during the matchday thread when things aren't going our way at the time

it pisses people off big time

Hellboy is a gloryhunting cocktard and it pleases me that the mods have reacted to his cocktardness

having said that he's probably in his early teens and has less sense than his peers but will hopefully learn from his immaturity
Giggs was awful against Birmingham, fact. I was commenting on how average he was during the game. Have you any kind of problem with members expressing their opinions on a player during a certain moment of the game ?

Having said that, calling me 'cocktard' is just a proof that you're a badly polished boy, and I'm not a gloryhunter, as I'm a long life United fan. I'm not a gloryhunter because there is no United supporter in this fecking country (France) who defends Man United more than me whenever they speak about English Football on the radio. I'm not a gloryhunter because, I react with passion whenever United score, concede, lose or win. I'm not a gloryhunter because I haven't swapped United for Chelsea when they won the league.

I can over react sometimes, but It's just a parcel of my personallity. I feel I'm just a scapegoat as many others acted worse than me and I call for a second chance.

jatin

there's too much blood in my alcohol system!!
completely agree with that one

am in the states and have to rely on the matchday forum when am at work or cannot find a stream

and the fake scores are extremely annoying

also the 0-1 brown OG comments which were started by slabber and have been picked up by some muppets

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
is it that big a deal, feckin hell
yes it is, it is the number 1 complaint from other posters on this site

as stated earlier, people use the matchday thread to follow the game if they dont have satellite, aren't at the match etc

Youngie

Whingeing during a game when all is not going well does come across as spasticated, but when the 'culprit' is young and full of emotion its almost understandable.
Posting incorrect scores however is a different matter entirely, and those involved should not only be banned, but hunted down and knifed in the eyes!
Did (Hellboy)17 post incorrect scores?

Johnno

I've got a top idea, log onto Sky Sports or BBC Sports or something like that and they give you an official minute-by-minute account of all the games plus live scores etc

Twisted_Woody

Scout
I've got a top idea, log onto Sky Sports or BBC Sports or something like that and they give you an official minute-by-minute account of all the games plus live scores etc
They are also very delayed, and slow and boring. At least the Matchday forum can be a bit interesting.

Johnno

They are also very delayed, and slow and boring. At least the Matchday forum can be a bit interesting.
So you're saying it is 'interesting' but no-one's allowed to make a crack or whatever, double standards.
It's funny how someone like me who's only been on this site about a year get's slanted by that Golden Blunder for posting funny pics in a thread then when the lads who've been here for ages do the same, they get bummed.
Double standards mate.
You lot take yourselves far too seriously.

Cold_Boy

Giggs was awful against Birmingham, fact. I was commenting on how average he was during the game. Have you any kind of problem with members expressing their opinions on a player during a certain moment of the game ?

Having said that, calling me 'cocktard' is just a proof that you're a badly polished boy, and I'm not a gloryhunter, as I'm a long life United fan. I'm not a gloryhunter because there is no United supporter in this fecking country (France) who defends Man United more than me whenever they speak about English Football on the radio. I'm not a gloryhunter because, I react with passion whenever United score, concede, lose or win. I'm not a gloryhunter because I haven't swapped United for Chelsea when they won the league.

I can over react sometimes, but It's just a parcel of my personallity. I feel I'm just a scapegoat as many others acted worse than me and I call for a second chance.
No,if you criticise a player who really is playing badly then you are clearly a glory-hunter.Thats how it works on the cafe.

Cold_Boy

So you're saying it is 'interesting' but no-one's allowed to make a crack or whatever, double standards.
It's funny how someone like me who's only been on this site about a year get's slanted by that Golden Blunder for posting funny pics in a thread then when the lads who've been here for ages do the same, they get bummed.
Double standards mate.
You lot take yourselves far too seriously.
Good post.

Agreed.

MrBurns

I forgive Hellboy for ruining the match day thread...

But he should be banned on account of him being French. Id like that taken into consideration when the Mods perform their act of Rough Justice.

Vanrouge

Nah, don't ban him. I'd like to see more French people on here so long as they behave. And are Reds. Obviously.

I do agree with automatic bans for those posting fake scores.

Marching

Somehow still supports Leeds
Agreed and yes, fake score posters will be excluded from the Matchday Forum.

Use the reported post function.

MrBurns

There's a fine line of what is acceptable I think and what is not. Posters are obviously gonna comment on if 'insert player name' is having a bad game, or making sloppy pass' etc. But its the constant Giggs is shit, Scholes is shit that annoys me.

We should have a match reaction thread for all that crap, and the match day thread should be posters providing written highlights to those that cant watch or listen to the game.

Johnno

What a load of shite, how can you control what people are going to say, so far no-one's allowed to make a humorous observation or criticise a player, how about no-one fecking is allowed to log-in while there's a United match on? Problem solved.

Johnno

yeah but you lot are saying things so trivial that any little thing that isn't by one of the guys on here who post all the time or were the originals or those who bum the main people are going to be the ones who get banned or whatever.
As I said earlier, it's alright for some to post daft posts but not for others, it's all political!

Hellboy

yeah but you lot are saying things so trivial that any little thing that isn't by one of the guys on here who post all the time or were the originals or those who bum the main people are going to be the ones who get banned or whatever.
As I said earlier, it's alright for some to post daft posts but not for others, it's all political!
It works like this here ;)

I've never, ever posted fake scores. But If he doesn't accept to move on, be it.

Mr Darcy

I suugest that anyone who ever speaks badly of our beloved United, its players and management, and even another true red, should be banned AND furthermore undergo either castration or a visit to the dentist.

topper

Clown
I suugest that anyone who ever speaks badly of our beloved United, its players and management, and even another true red, should be banned AND furthermore undergo either castration or a visit to the dentist.
watch out Fred there's a vigilante force out to get ya :lol:

Reddish

As with all things, there's a line. If it gets crossed something should be done about it.

You're right about these people taking themselves too seriously though.

olesmyhero

Emmy Moses
On a bit of a side note(and to help clean up the matchday thread), last season for the first half of it I had a Matchday Stream thread, where I would post where you could watch the match(without posting links). Could that come back? It would help so people wouldn't be asking "can i get a stream" for pages and pages.

Bearded but no genius

On a bit of a side note(and to help clean up the matchday thread), last season for the first half of it I had a Matchday Stream thread, where I would post where you could watch the match(without posting links). Could that come back? It would help so people wouldn't be asking "can i get a stream" for pages and pages.
The PL has been digging around for sites to cause trouble with, so we can't have stream threads at all.

We don't always have the time and ability to trudge through the Matchday forum as the game goes on and delete every stream reference, but individual threads are much easier dealt with.