Bannings from the Matchday Forum

Scholesgoals

so just to clear this up, you dont want us to give any opinions on the matchday thread? are we allowed to say things like, "the full backs arent overlapping properly" or "theyve pushed a man out of defense to fill the hole tevez is occupying" (he totally occupies holes all night long by the way)

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
so just to clear this up, you dont want us to give any opinions on the matchday thread? are we allowed to say things like, "the full backs arent overlapping properly" or "theyve pushed a man out of defense to fill the hole tevez is occupying" (he totally occupies holes all night long by the way)

No issues with giving opinions.

What we don't want are WUMs posting wrong information, like false scores.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
The threads are getting worse and worse, mods have dropped the ball... big time.

ZIDANE

Supports
The Philosophy.
I read it at the start of the match and for the first half.

I'm not going to name people or pretend like I know loads about football but some of the stuff posted was daft. The general mood of it at a certain point rather than one specific post but then I suppose it isn't too serious of an environment. Great fun reading the moans at O'shea and especially at Giggs when he had to come on for Scholes - for him to proceed by setting a goal up. Ah well, that's the caf.

Rudie

Mentary
I read it at the start of the match and for the first half.

I'm not going to name people or pretend like I know loads about football but some of the stuff posted was daft. The general mood of it at a certain point rather than one specific post but then I suppose it isn't too serious of an environment. Great fun reading the moans at O'shea and especially at Giggs when he had to come on for Scholes - for him to proceed by setting a goal up. Ah well, that's the caf.
Name and shame my good man, that's what i like to do; name and shame.

Alex

I dont think anyone did anything, it was just kinda frustrating considering how many chances United missed; a lot of posts like, ffs nani; ffs ronaldo; ffs o'shea, etc

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
I dont think anyone did anything, it was just kinda frustrating considering how many chances United missed; a lot of posts like, ffs nani; ffs ronaldo; ffs o'shea, etc
more like 'feck off nani you greedy twat', 'yess berbatov ran 5 yards' etc

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
The threads are getting worse and worse, mods have dropped the ball... big time.
to be fair i have only seen people moaning about it rather than actually reporting specific posts or linking to them. you can't really expect the mods and admins to trawl through pages and pages of crap singling out one or two spasticated posts.

afrocentricity

to be fair i have only seen people moaning about it rather than actually reporting specific posts or linking to them. you can't really expect the mods and admins to trawl through pages and pages of crap singling out one or two spasticated posts.
a few years ago it wasn't 'pages and pages of crap', you lot seem to like it like that anyway so whatever...

I mean what am I going to post links to? its pages.... I can't be asked. If a mod was in there at the time then they could see for themselves.

twitter thread suggester
a few years ago it wasn't 'pages and pages of crap', you lot seem to like it like that anyway so whatever...

I mean what am I going to post links to? its pages.... I can't be asked. If a mod was in there at the time then they could see for themselves.
Not everyone likes to post on a forum while there's a match going on, I know I don't, and you can't expect the mods/admins to focus on deleting posts and banning users while their team is playing.

If you can't be bothered to point out specifically what's wrong with the thread, then you're simply complaining without helping the cause yourself.

Ivor Ballokov

Well actually you can and you have been, whether you can be assed or not however is a different matter entirely.

afrocentricity

Not everyone likes to post on a forum while there's a match going on, I know I don't, and you can't expect the mods/admins to focus on deleting posts and banning users while their team is playing.

If you can't be bothered to point out specifically what's wrong with the thread, then you're simply complaining without helping the cause yourself.
Fair play, l don't care enough to comb through myself.

afrocentricity

A simple solution would be a match day mod. I nominate Top.

SecondFig

But who the hell wants to moderate a thread on a website when the team they support is playing?

I could be wrong, but I doubt Top would be exactly ecstatic at the chance to pay attention to the people typing "Giggs sucks", instead of watching the match

twitter thread suggester
Hah - like I said; I'm never at the computer while United are playing.

Just point the mods in the direction of the posts which annoyed you, then I'm sure they'll handle it.

Bury Red

Backs Fergie, Yells Giggs!
Top's right, I've never understood the number of people posting on here during a match unless they're watching on a stream. I've only ever posted on here during a match when it wasn't televised (about once a year out here) or during the odd half time interval to prevent me nodding off during late night matches when I mute the TV to shut out the daft geordie bollocks, Budgie, that does the studio chat here.

If you've got a problem with specific posts either use the report post function or provide a link to the specific posts in here and we'll deal with it when we are on line.

Alex

I tend to post in the matchday forum when I dont have a beer in my hand it's just that I havent been drinking much this season