Bannings from the Matchday Forum

sonymobby

You do realise we played against a championship team and we just won by 1-0. If such a performance doesn't make fans angry then what will?

What's the point of the matchday thread anyway guys if people can't write their current feelings and thoughts. If people want to follow the game through the internet, there are streams, radio and match-trackers...

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
You do realise we played against a championship team and we just won by 1-0. If such a performance doesn't make fans angry then what will?
i can understand frustration, can't say i was too happy about being held 0-0 for as long period of the game but some of the stuff being posted in the matchday thread was shocking.

Merman

The matchday forum is created so that those who can't watch the game get the updates from those who do. Create a new thread after the match if all you want to say is fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck. Many times, I thought that we conceded because of some idiot post fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
The matchday forum is created so that those who can't watch the game get the updates from those who do. Create a new thread after the match if all you want to say is fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck. Many times, I thought that we conceded because of some idiot post fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck.
I've stopped reading this thread during the match... only in the break, or to check the squads.

Too much of windups and "fuuuuck'-ers.

Emotions still playing the game. :)

B Cantona

Desperate
I felt a sense of achievement every time I managed to get a post away, that thread sure runs slow during the game eh. It's an interesting kind of person that doesn't sign up to this site, but does come as a visitor when the site is extremely laggy during a game when presumably their own team must be playing too (unless they support United of course) :eek:

sonymobby

Read my edit mate... There are match-trackers and radio and streams that are a lot better than reading the comments of a passionate poster that supports that team. However, I agree with the "fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck" things. We should keep a certain level to that thread which is a bit difficult considering the circumstances.

Bearded but no genius

Read my edit mate... There are match-trackers and radio and streams that are a lot better than reading the comments of a passionate poster that supports that team. However, I agree with the "fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck" things. We should keep a certain level to that thread which is a bit difficult considering the circumstances.
We do keep a certain level to the thread, and it is meant so that Cafites can share the sort of info and interactivity that they can't get elsewhere.

The bitching when we're not winning 30-0 after 10 minutes is not only totally unconstructive it is also very annoying.

Bearded but no genius

I felt a sense of achievement every time I managed to get a post away, that thread sure runs slow during the game eh. It's an interesting kind of person that doesn't sign up to this site, but does come as a visitor when the site is extremely laggy during a game when presumably their own team must be playing too (unless they support United of course) :eek:
When we're trailing I often see bundles of Scousers, Arses and Russians in "invisible mode" refreshing the matchday thread over and over again while their team is playing.

They tend to log in to gloat when results go against us, and strangely vanish if things go good at the final whistle.

No doubt they've got an impending business trip, and can't check in because they've got a plane to catch on Gillespie Airlines.

Merman

Whats worse is anybody who tries to stop the player bashing is called a "Top Red" with a :rolleyes:. Fecking annoying.

WeasteDevil

When we're trailing I often see bundles of Scousers, Arses and Russians in "invisible mode" refreshing the matchday thread over and over again while their team is playing.

They tend to log in to gloat when results go against us, and strangely vanish if things go good at the final whistle.

No doubt they've got an impending business trip, and can't check in because they've got a plane to catch on Gillespie Airlines.
The answer to this is to make it such that only those who ask for posting rights to the Matchday Forum are provided with them. It's a bit of work, but I'm sure that at least one mod can spare the time to change the accounts of a maximum of probable 250 posters, and then vet others on a monthly basis. Not really that much different than promoting people from the newbie really in the end. Then you feck the muppets out as they post.

Bearded but no genius

Player bashing in a matchday thread should be banned from the forum TBH, there is a United forum for that, and bashing players whilst they are actually playing generally only means one thing.
They've got a right to some amount of silliness, although I agree with you that it is pathetic sometimes to do it during the game.

The problem is the OTT silliness. We took care of a lot of it earlier in the year, and we're revisiting the issue.

Can you PM me about the permissions thing and how it would work out so I can talk to the rest about it?

sonymobby

They've got a right to some amount of silliness, although I agree with you that it is pathetic sometimes to do it during the game.

The problem is the OTT silliness. We took care of a lot of it earlier in the year, and we're revisiting the issue.

Can you PM me about the permissions thing and how it would work out so I can talk to the rest about it?
What? Can't you take a bit of banter?

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
People will be banned for wumming but not banned for 'frustration' during a match. However, they should take a look at themselves for ruining other peoples entertainment

WeasteDevil

People will be banned for wumming but not banned for 'frustration' during a match.

Saying, "oh fecking hell", etc. is one thing, slagging players off is another - is it so fecking difficult to start a thread in the United forum to do that? No, it's not, even though I don't even agree with that during the match. Too many twats on this forum.

golden_blunder

Staff
Saying, "oh fecking hell", etc. is one thing, slagging players off is another - is it so fecking difficult to start a thread in the United forum to do that? No, it's not, even though I don't even agree with that during the match. Too many twats on this forum.
I dont disagree with what you're saying. just think that theres a fine line between frustration and being a twat during the match

Bearded but no genius

The best comment today was before the game even started, after the team sheets were drawn up, someone just randomly made a comment about Hargreaves being overpriced.

It was so random it had me in total giggles.

I've looked through it, and there isn't anything bad I saw in it other than people just being pissed off. There are some ridiculously spastic comments in there, but people have the right to some level of ridiculous spasticity.

Those fake scorelines are what gets me livid.

WeasteDevil

The best comment today was before the game even started, after the team sheets were drawn up, someone just randomly made a comment about Hargreaves being overpriced.

It was so random it had me in total giggles.

I've looked through it, and there isn't anything bad I saw in it other than people just being pissed off. There are some ridiculously spastic comments in there, but people have the right to some level of ridiculous spasticity.

Those fake scorelines are what gets me livid.
To be homest, I've not even looked at the thread, little point nowadays. And what exactly was there about the match for supporters to get frustrated about (you could see the frustration in the faces of the players, but that's a god thing, not smething to mirror)? Sorry, that's football, if they cannot understand something as basic about football at that, maybe they should be watching another sport which is far less tribalistsic - many of these so called supporters nowadayd take just as much delight in seeing the scousers do badly than they do actually supporting their so called own team. We won, generally played quite well, and scraped it. Is this not a god thing?

As for the fake scorelines, that should be an instant and total infinate ban from the entire forum; sorry!

RedNome

Cnut Rating: 9 (Conservative)
Quite simply, YES.

ooeat0meoo

Member of the Muppet Empire
My Happy Place - So Don't Be fecking With Me!
WOW!:eek:! That is an uncanny depiction of Bahamared in the middle.

:lol:

Are we about to become a second rate Red Issue - because that is exactly what you all are suggesting.

The Red Cafe has been a forum that allows more freedom within the expression of opinion. It's that other site that swings the ax at critics.

I have agreed with the banning of people that have a sole purpose to wind-up everyone. But then again... how many years have we tolerated Davo?

pert

Team Brian GB

Being a dick, posted about the Schalke match to piss people off

golden_blunder

Staff
redender has been banned for deliberate wumming. everyone has been well warned especially in relation to posting fake scores