Barcelona and Xavi are being very disrespected by the media

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Yeah too bad but you won't find no respect for Barca or support on this forum I'm afraid mate, if there is one club apart from Liverpool people on here really hate it's Barca.
Oh nooooo

mav_9me

I mean if United under ole the last few weeks played Bayern what would everyone expect? Yeah Xavi is a new manager but it's not like he has had a ton of time and has turned them around. Respect for the club has nothing to do with respect for the team. If the team feels disrespected they can prove themselves on the pitch. I don't see what the issue is.

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
I was hoping Bayern would be resting their starters a bit tomorrow but sadly I think we will get rocked. Our defense will get annihilated. Our finishing isn’t much better this season. Wish we had Fati and Pedri for this match.

Niemans

Supports
Barcelona, Celta de Vigo
Nothing new. Smart people stay away from those media.
Barcelona was going to have a difficult year, now with the plague of injuries even more.
Try top 4 and evolve young players.
The little money has to be spent wisely and soon you can be competitive.
I think it's even better to be third than second, you'll make more money and have another qualifying option for the champions league.
It will also serve as an experience for the youngest.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Yeah I agree, I mean Barca are obviously a far greater and more respectable club than, say, those Real Madrid cnuts.

Great thread.

Jam

Oh my heart really really truly deeply bleeds for them. That poor Barcelona. How will I ever sleep at night?

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
Shocker :D

We've actually looked rather slow and uncoordinated recently, ever since the Kimmich fiasco. I wouldn't be too surprised if Barca get a decent or even good result.
Barca have never managed to get a result in München, even when they were a top team. Hell, even when they were a top 5 team in history and we had Ottl and Lell.
We'll smash them good and I will enjoy every last second of it.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Yeah I agree, I mean Barca are obviously a far greater and more respectable club than, say, those Real Madrid cnuts.

Great thread.
Shut up and go support Ajax

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa
The way the media is talking about tomorrow's game vs Bayern is just way out of line. Barcelona is a club with long tradition and even though is going through a bad patch, it deserves more respect and less fanboyism by journalists. Yesterday I heard a pundit say it was "impossible for Barcelona to even get a draw at the Allianz" and how Europa League was a certain fate for them. Ok, I get Bayern are playing like a hammer and Barcelona like a clove, but football is a very unpredictable game and we have seen very strange results in the past. Nonetheless, Bayern have guaranteed the first position and Barcelona will play with tremendous motivation to qualify, not to mention there is another game involved and Benfica needs to win to go through.

Today I read Lewandowski has scored more goals than the whole Barcelona team or headlines like "the harsh reality" or how winning at the Allianz would be a "miracle". I get the data is not the best, but cannot you relax a little bit?

And also, that "Xavi effect" motto, how the "Xavi effect has vanished". I mean, I really would like to see how many coaches would have coped with losing Messi and Griezmann in one season, not to mention Ansu Fati and Agüero due to injuries. Also, he has been the coach just a few games, doesn't he deserve way more time to develop his idea? Xavi is the epitome of Tiki-Taka, and La Masia still providing phenomenal talent. So who is to say tomorrow's game won't be the first victory out of many?
The fact you Xavi and barca could hardly live with a mere real betis. Fact is Barca have no chance of winning vs Bayern and it really doesn't matter. The match will be a perfect learning platform for Xavi's barca

No Idea For Nickname

Patroness Saint of the anti-RAWKites
:lol: :lol:
Funny. Reminds me of us in match day thread when we write thing like: "no way we score goal and win, absolutely no way". Or: "They will score and we lose".
Then we score, or they don't, and we are happy that jinx have worked.

Gato Loco, you would like to see Barca in Europa League? Admit it!!! :wenger:
You might.

Zen

Barcelona being a bit shit isn't disrespectful.... it's just true.

Benfica will flop anyway, don't worry. Then they'll knock out RM in the quarters after knocking PSG out in the last 16.

arthurka

Hope Barca beat them. But if you think that coverage is worse, be glad that you don't read German media. If there's one group of people that is even more convinced that Bayern is the center of the universe than Bayern themselves, it's German sports journalists.
:lol:

Sie haben das genau auf den Punkt gebracht.

MUFC OK

We’ve put up with this when playing the best teams for a few years now, on and off. Barca are in a terrible state compared to where they have been. It’s a proper rebuilding job for them and it I’ll take a few years.

MUFC OK

Barcelona being a bit shit isn't disrespectful.... it's just true.

Benfica will flop anyway, don't worry. Then they'll knock out RM in the quarters after knocking PSG out in the last 16.
I’ve got cash on Kyiv Double chance, I expect some dodgy officiating to help them out in a big way.

Florida Man

Cartoon expert and crap superhero
Barcelona have made me sympathetic to Real Madrid. Then I did a tour of the Bernabeu and it made me sympathetic toward Atletico Madrid.

Dave Smith

Supports
Anything anti-Dipper
Tbh, do we actually want Barca in the Ropey League? I think I may prefer them to qualify then get absolutely smashed in the R16. For me, if they drop into the Ropey League we'll see a full blown UEFAlona reffering campaign to ensure they win that and get back to the CL for next season.

MUFC OK

Tbh, do we actually want Barca in the Ropey League? I think I may prefer them to qualify then get absolutely smashed in the R16. For me, if they drop into the Ropey League we'll see a full blown UEFAlona reffering campaign to ensure they win that and get back to the CL for next season.
I’d defo take Barca in the last 16.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
Barcelona have made me sympathetic to Real Madrid. Then I did a tour of the Bernabeu and it made me sympathetic toward Atletico Madrid.
Then you saw Atletico play Porto tonight and you became sympathetic towards... ?

Dave Smith

Supports
Anything anti-Dipper
I’d defo take Barca in the last 16.
Yeah, I would too. For me, they're going to, at best, scrape 4th in La Liga so them having a lifeline of winning the Ropey to get in the CL next season doesn't appeal to me as much as it probably should do. Especially as we all know how they refs treat them under pressure.

Obviously ideal world is they drop into the Ropey tomorrow, get knocked out by Rangers or something and finish outside the top 4 in Spain but I just don't trust that they get a very fortunate draw and dubious decisions in the Ropey.

Green_Red

Barca should get spanked here. Anything less and Bayern need to take a look at themselves. This current Barca side would be lucky to be top half of the Prem, probably even the Bundesliga.

Dave Smith

Supports
Anything anti-Dipper
Then you saw Atletico play Porto tonight and you became sympathetic towards... ?
Thing with Atleti is that whilst you shouldn't like them, they do have a certain appeal. It kind of reminds me of that scene in Die Hard 2 where McClane says the the General 'I guess I was wrong about you. You're an not such an ars*ehole afterall' and he replies with 'no, you were right, I am just your kind of ars*hole'.

SplitzMagic

The way the media is talking about tomorrow's game vs Bayern is just way out of line. Barcelona is a club with long tradition and even though is going through a bad patch, it deserves more respect and less fanboyism by journalists. Yesterday I heard a pundit say it was "impossible for Barcelona to even get a draw at the Allianz" and how Europa League was a certain fate for them. Ok, I get Bayern are playing like a hammer and Barcelona like a clove, but football is a very unpredictable game and we have seen very strange results in the past. Nonetheless, Bayern have guaranteed the first position and Barcelona will play with tremendous motivation to qualify, not to mention there is another game involved and Benfica needs to win to go through.

Today I read Lewandowski has scored more goals than the whole Barcelona team or headlines like "the harsh reality" or how winning at the Allianz would be a "miracle". I get the data is not the best, but cannot you relax a little bit?

And also, that "Xavi effect" motto, how the "Xavi effect has vanished". I mean, I really would like to see how many coaches would have coped with losing Messi and Griezmann in one season, not to mention Ansu Fati and Agüero due to injuries. Also, he has been the coach just a few games, doesn't he deserve way more time to develop his idea? Xavi is the epitome of Tiki-Taka, and La Masia still providing phenomenal talent. So who is to say tomorrow's game won't be the first victory out of many?
Barcelona with Messi got slapped 8-2 by bayern not long ago.

H2H in Champions League history bayern have beaten Barcelona 7 times compared to Barcas 2.

So I'd certainly expect Barcelona to be underdogs for sure this time around.

The 8-2 thrashing was no joke and made Messi hand in a transfer request :lol:

Wanderlust_09

There is no disrespect at all. Media loves to pile on the pressure on teams that are going through a bad phase (especially when it has mostly been self-inflicted) after many years of dominance. Just like how United got covered in the media ever since SAF left - there is nothing wrong or nothing new about it. A bit of schadenfreude. Tomorrow it could be some other team and the same media would go after them.
If Barca some how manage to beat Bayern tomorrow, the same media would be ready with a sea of articles about "How Xavi has laid the foundations for Barca's road to recovery", "How Xavi has re-instilled the Barca DNA" etc etc, similar to all those Ole articles after we shithoused a win against PSG - a game which all of us including the media had written off.

Ace Krampus

Quo usque tandem abutere, @Gato Loco, curiositate nostra? Quam diu etiam furor iste tuus Barcelonam eludet?
Hell yeah dude, and honestly being able to be glib about this sort of thing makes me happy about where we're at.

RedDevilMachine

Your know Barca is so messed up when even a Real Madrid fan feels sorry and starts to defend your club. :lol: I can't imagine a Liverpool fan defending Man United if the club gets slaughtered by the media.

Suedesi

It seems Benfica are in the driving seat here. Win against Kiev, and they probably qualify (can't see Barca win in Munich)

Mr.Ridiculous__

The name says it all
Barca have never managed to get a result in München, even when they were a top team. Hell, even when they were a top 5 team in history and we had Ottl and Lell.
We'll smash them good and I will enjoy every last second of it.
One day I'd like to be able to say this before every game.

GuybrushThreepwood

Supports
Blackburn Rovers
It’s part and parcel of being a big, illustrious, successful club.

As a whole over a sustained period of time, you win more matches and ultimately more trophies, score more goals, make more glamorous signings, have more of your matches shown on TV, and on the flipside have to face more negative media and criticism.

That seems like an incredibly small price to pay (if that) to be honest.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
I was hoping Bayern would be resting their starters a bit tomorrow but sadly I think we will get rocked. Our defense will get annihilated. Our finishing isn’t much better this season. Wish we had Fati and Pedri for this match.
We're missing quite a few players, not all is lost.

OmarUnited4ever

Barcelona are shit these days, nothing wrong with saying that, they had one of the best ever club team during Pep's era in 08/12, the team that won the treble in 2015 was considered the best in the world during that time, and were basically a favorite for UCL for the better part of last decade, we can say those Barcelona teams were great and fantastic, and we can say this current Barcelona team is shit, nothing wrong with that.