Barcelona: Charged with corruption .... again!

fcnrz

The whole capitalism works like that. People invest to grow.
My point is, that barca didn't receive any gifts. The banks didn't give out that money, because their CEO was a culer. Barca built it's status over a 100 year old history. The club built up his worldwide fanbase and earned the current status, where they can sell levers or banks are willing to give loans equivalent to their income, which barca by the way have to pay back again, with their own money and interest.
How can you compare this to the situation where sugar daddies or states invest into football clubs for sports washing reasons and give out money without any requirement for free? Barca pays back it's debts. Where would PSG, City, Chelsea be if they had to pay back all their "debts"? Not on the football field anymore. If one side has to pay back and the other doesnt, who will benefit and break away from competition in the long term you think? That's my point.

Barca received last season €160m from the total pool of €1.42b. That's around 11%. Bayern received in the same season €90m from €1.06b, that's around 8.5%. So the difference is roughly 2.5%? I see neither making close to €200m, nor a big difference in distribution.

The only reason Bayern can compete on top level without spending much is their monopoly in germany. They act like a vacuum cleaner in germany and get all the best german or bundesliga players and talents either cheap or if those teams don't sell them on Bayern's terms, they simply wait until they become free agents because they don't fear a hijack from non existent competion. Lewandowski, Neuer, Upamecano, Nagelsmann, Goetze and many more. No top team in spain or england can get such players or even a coach that cheaply from direct competition. Bayern do, because they have none. Even Leipzig sold their best defender and their coach without much fuss. So please, stop showing Bayern off always as the best example. I don't deny that they handle their money responsibly, but they have unique conditions spanish and english top teams simply don't have. If Barca doesn't pay a high price for a spanish talent, then there is always a chance he goes to Atletico or Real and other way around.
What? Bayern got Neuer that cost combined 30 mil very high sum back then biggest for a GK. Paid the RC for Gotze and Upamecano who cost 42 mil big money for apperantly a bad player that most fans of other teams called him. Then paid 38 mil for hummels also a lot of money for a player with 1 year left on his contract.

The only player that Bayern probably had big advantage was Lewandowski who come for free but even with him it was lucky circumstances that he made a deal with Bayern early because surprise surprise Real also offered him much bigger salary but it was already done and dusted.
That period is already dead we now have players like Havertz,Werner, Nkunku, Gvardiol and many others leaving the BL because the BL teams cannot compete and other teams are throwing huge sums. Dortmund on the other hand is buying BL players much more compared to Bayern.

Real and Barcelona also have a unique advantage for la liga talent. Im lazy to count the players that signed for them from other la liga teams why did pedri signed for Barcelona? Here you go now he is worth more than a 100 mil. Nobody made Barcelona to go out and spent 300 mil on Dembele and Coutinho. Real can afford to pay close to 150-200 mil for 3 17 year old Brazilian talents even if they dont work they wont care. You simply will NOT see Bayern doing that in fact if Barcelona was in Germany that club wouldn't have existed anymore. Dont you think Bayern wants to get Mbappe? But how can they afford 200 mil and 50-100 mil a year. How can real afford that also when the yearly income between bayern and real is not so big.

Its a big cultural difference between spain and germany .

So Real and Barcelona are like the last who should cry about the suggar daddies but of course like i said they were top dogs in breaking the transfer fees and salaries and now they don't like it when they cannot persuade players joining because other teams offer more money.

Also making 70-80 mil less from tv rights is huge that like 4 world class players on a 20 mil a year wages.

Niemans

Supports
Barcelona, Celta de Vigo
Barcelona literally spent money they didn't had and Real has done some shaddy business with the government always bailing them out.

Problem is Perez wants to be the top dog like always Real getting the mbappes,Hallands etc for big money and now they are bigger fish in the sea with more money and Barcelona and Real wants to find a way they can get more money so they continue this spending.

Why didn't la liga share tv money more fairly for example bayern is making less tv money because in the BL even BL2 get good amount of money from the tv money. While Barcelona and Real are making close to 200 mil.

People thinking Real,Milan, Barcelona are like the old good teams while they are the same actually Berlusconi was the investor back then spending huge amount of money for that period but he couldn't compete with the middle east

Being a Bayern fan looking at Bayern doing everything possible to be economically sensible and compete with the best while seeing Real spending huge amount of money and paying 20 mil plus a year for half the team or seeing Barcelona blowing money left and right and offering bigger salary to lewy even when they are so in debt it blows my mind.

Real is not any better than PSG and City if we didnt had them Real would have done what they were doing but on a slightly smaller scale.
Money TV

These figures were put by Javier Tebas a few weeks ago. I imagine those numbers will be true.

Barcelona and Real Madrid earn 10.1% of the total and Bayern Munich earn 9.1% of the total.

Could you tell where you got the numbers from?

Niemans

Supports
Barcelona, Celta de Vigo
No, you are not. You know exactly you will use the freed up funds to go on a spending spree like a coked up Paris Hilton with her dad's credit card let loose in London.
There is the FFP in Spain and Barcelona will only be able to spend 40% of the wage bill saved.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
Money TV

These figures were put by Javier Tebas a few weeks ago. I imagine those numbers will be true.

Barcelona and Real Madrid earn 10.1% of the total and Bayern Munich earn 9.1% of the total.

Could you tell where you got the numbers from?
The deal changed a few years ago (2017 or so) but you can't make up for what happened in the past 20 years in 4 years. Look at these numbers from 2015, Barcelona and Madrid litteraly sucked the other clubs dry, and it was going on for a long time :

Last edited:

Niemans

Supports
Barcelona, Celta de Vigo
The deal changed a few years ago (2017 or so) but you can't make up for what happened in the past 20 years in 4 years. Look at these numbers from 2015, Barcelona and Madrid litteraly sucked the other clubs dry, and it was going on for a long time :

The Spanish clubs chose to sell the television rights separately. All 42 professional clubs voted, that was more than 20 years ago. It wasn't the fault of Barcelona, Madrid or LaLiga.

6-7 years ago it was voted again and the clubs chose by overwhelming majority to sell the television rights jointly. Barcelona voted in favour, I think the only team that voted against was Real Madrid.

cyberman

The Spanish clubs chose to sell the television rights separately. All 42 professional clubs voted, that was more than 20 years ago. It wasn't the fault of Barcelona, Madrid or LaLiga.

6-7 years ago it was voted again and the clubs chose by overwhelming majority to sell the television rights jointly. Barcelona voted in favour, I think the only team that voted against was Real Madrid.
Didn’t the clubs go in strike over tv rights? It’s not as rosey as you made out here

Niemans

Supports
Barcelona, Celta de Vigo
Didn’t the clubs go in strike over tv rights? It’s not as rosey as you made out here
I don't remember if they were on strike or not. I remember the vote and what Barcelona and Real Madrid voted.

TenHagsEmpire

Supports
Ajax
The only reason they’re in the EL and not the CL is because both Araujo and Kounde got injured.

They have let in only 6(!) goal in the league - by far the fewest in La Liga and 10 goal less than Real Madrid has conceded. And they are leading Real Madrid, who are still in the CL.

United will find it very hard to defeat this Barca side.

Reactions: Penna

FrankFoot

Supports
Neutral
The only reason they’re in the EL and not the CL is because both Araujo and Kounde got injured.

They have let in only 6(!) goal in the league - by far the fewest in La Liga and 10 goal less than Real Madrid has conceded. And they are leading Real Madrid, who are still in the CL.

You are better than Barca though, i don't think the current level of La Liga is indicative of much.

This Barca side under Xavi would never top the EPL...let alone receiving only 6 goals in 16 matches, today for example they got dominated by Atlético who is 5th and out of the UCL, they somehow got away with the win..

I fancy United to beat Barca in the UEL, and then Barca might win the league if Real Madrid goes further in the UCL.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
They're doing well in la liga although I'm not sure how long they could sustain it, wonder what their fans think of facing us.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG

And yet their 6 goals record was established regardless of Kounde's and Araujo presence so I don't understand, were their subs good or not?

Last edited:

Niemans

Supports
Barcelona, Celta de Vigo
They're doing well in la liga although I'm not sure how long they could sustain it, wonder what their fans think of facing us.
Barcelona is a very irregular team, it is not able to maintain control of a match for many minutes. I think it will be a close tie and United will play counterattack.

De Portago

Supports
Red Star
The only plausible explanation for Barcelona conceding only six goals in the league with pharaoh Busquets starting every game and the revolving door of defenders featuring so far is some sort of voodoo magic. Perhaps Xavi found Zidane's stash lying around somewhere? :)

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Barcelona is a very irregular team, it is not able to maintain control of a match for many minutes. I think it will be a close tie and United will play counterattack.
Yeah should be close either way.

JustinC00

Didn't they just allow 3 goals to a 3rd division Spanish side? Pretty sure Kounde & Araujo played in that

tom8888sa

Supports
neutral
The ruling is unlikely to outright ban the ESL. The court will certainly say that UEFA can expel clubs from its competitions if they start a Super League. What UEFA needs now is a ruling to allow them (UEFA and FIFA) to make players participating in the SL ineligible for international football with their respective national teams. Without this ruling, the super league is likely to become a reality at some point. It is only a matter of time before the top German and French clubs (and the rest of Italy and Spain) come to the same conclusion as the three clubs currently pushing for the creation of the super league.

In about two to three years, the Premier League's total revenue is expected to be worth more than the combined revenues of all the other top four leagues (including Real Madrid, Barcelona, Paris Saint-Germain, Bayern Munich, and Juventus). England has had an advantage in terms of money since Abu Dhabi bought Manchester City and instructed Abu Dhabi Sports to buy the Premier League's TV rights for the MENA region for a record price. Since then, these rights have skyrocketed, and the US and European markets have followed suit. Viaplay's deal for north Europe is ridiculously high and the marketing of the PL in here is killing our local leagues slowly... The gap between the Premier League and the other top four leagues has been steadily increasing and is now reaching unprecedented levels.

The other top four leagues will have to either accept a decline similar to what smaller leagues (such as the Portuguese and Dutch leagues) experienced after the Bosman ruling, or join forces in some sort of SL to try to keep pace with the Premier League.
The PL is a hype machine... the only fair way to gauge who is dominating Europe will be via European competition. Madrid led by old skeleton benezma took out the best PL clubs one after the other. If PL was far superior all the last 4 will be PL teams year after year. It's actually a mixed bag regarding European competition. And no you can't just say 'EYE TEST PL is better'.. In fact, La liga dominated Europe far more than PL did..

Niemans

Supports
Barcelona, Celta de Vigo
Yeah should be close either way.
Neither Barcelona nor United are capable of imposing a game of possession of the ball for many minutes. Both teams will have moments of ball dominance and others of counterattack. In the end I think it will be decided who is more successful in front of goal.
An uncertain tie.

Alonzo

The idea of a ESL comprising Portuguese, Spanish, Italian, German, French, Dutch etc teams, would be unreal. I would love to see it. But the PL will still be more watched, more supported globally, and more profitable.

Barca and Madrid ARE competitive, Madrid especially, but they’re big fish in a tiny pond. Either of them in the PL, would be in a top 4 struggle at best imo. Perez, Laporta etc crying poor is and always has been laughable. I don’t see the trend of PL dominance reversing, in fact i think it will only increase.

caid

Neither Barcelona nor United are capable of imposing a game of possession of the ball for many minutes. Both teams will have moments of ball dominance and others of counterattack. In the end I think it will be decided who is more successful in front of goal.
An uncertain tie.
All our matches are close, against everyone. We dont score enough, probably not a good mix to go to a team with that many clean sheets. Even if it is a bit illusionary the habit and confidence it brings will make you hard to break down. Were pretty partial to counter attacking at times so i'd agree that it'll probably play out that way, especially away.

Niemans

Supports
Barcelona, Celta de Vigo
Elena Fort, first vice-president of FC Barcelona, and Laura Mas, lawyer and member of the Compliance team, gave a press conference after the Board of Directors agreed that the Turkish company Limak Construction will be in charge of the Spotify Camp Nou restructuring work.

Here

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
Elena Fort, first vice-president of FC Barcelona, and Laura Mas, lawyer and member of the Compliance team, gave a press conference after the Board of Directors agreed that the Turkish company Limak Construction will be in charge of the Spotify Camp Nou restructuring work.

Here
The Limak owned by one of Erdogan‘s buddies? The one that had an arrest order for corruption? :drool:

Bluelion7

Supports
Chelsea

What they have allowed in La Liga is a pretty moot point when Madrid and Barca are the only teams in the league, is t it? I mean, La Liga is entering the territory where they start to get used as a place for youth players to get game time outside the Big 2. I would say Big 3, but Atleti are so desperate financially that they are gonna go down that road soon.

And now even Barca is having to do a massive sell off. We had a solid plan for Raphinia and his development. Barca pulled at his heart strings and lied to him, and now he doesn’t know where he will be playing football.

I think United would wipe the floor with Barca right now.

CruyffMaradonaMessi

Supports
FC Barcelona
La Liga is the most successful league (by quite some distance) historically in European football. La Liga football clubs have won more European trophies than any other league. No other league has had as many all-time greats as La Liga (record number of Ballon d'or winners, European Golden Shoe winners etc.) either with Serie A a closely second historically. RM and Barça remain the two top dogs in world football as well when it comes to fanbase, trophies won, all-time greats, pedigree and prestige etc. Not only that La Liga is just coming off a period of utter dominance in European football that lasted almost 2 decades.

La Liga, while no longer the undisputed dominant top league in world football, remains in the top 2. Only the doping league (EPL) after years of artificial spending due to the UK/EPL selling out to oil/gas rich Middle Eastern dictatorships, formerly criminal Russian oligarchs and American billionaires is at last at a similar level and nowadays a slightly better level.

It is no longer than 8 months ago (May 2022) that La Liga had 2 teams in the CL semifinals (RM and Villarreal) with RM ending up wining the CL.

Even with a La Liga in decline, partially due to the stupidly rigid FFP rules of La Liga itself, courtesy of Tebas, La Liga remains a top 2 league. For how long remains to be seen.

Now I can't imagine how utterly dominant La Liga could be if almost every La Liga club was owned by oil/gas rich Middle Eastern dictatorships, formerly criminal Russian oligarchs and American billionaires etc. like the case is in England (EPL). It is absolutely pathetic to see historical greats in Spain and Italy being unable to compete with some no-names English clubs due to the latter artificial money or lottery wins.

In terms of results in La Liga, what Barça and Xavi have done deserve respect and nobody can deny it given the institutional crisis (unprecedented in recent Barça history - we have to go back to the last years of Gaspart's reign to find something similar), the GOAT (Messi) leaving the club, post-COVID-19 economic crisis + Bartomeu's almost deliberate sabotage of the club, one of the youngest teams in Europe etc. To try and downplay this, due to the usual suspects obsession/dislike of Barça is pathetic.

What they have allowed in La Liga is a pretty moot point when Madrid and Barca are the only teams in the league, is t it? I mean, La Liga is entering the territory where they start to get used as a place for youth players to get game time outside the Big 2. I would say Big 3, but Atleti are so desperate financially that they are gonna go down that road soon.

And now even Barca is having to do a massive sell off. We had a solid plan for Raphinia and his development. Barca pulled at his heart strings and lied to him, and now he doesn’t know where he will be playing football.

Are you really 48 years old?:lol: A Chelsea fan talking about a project?:lol: How is your project going exactly? And which sane footballer who does not exclusively prioritize money, let alone a Brazilian one, would prefer playing for a tinpot club like Chelsea over freaking FC Barcelona? Imagine Barça owned by some criminal Russian oligarch, US billionaire sugar daddy or Qatar (like QSG). We would get every single top player 24/7 as was the case until not long ago without any such sugar daddies. Our rebuilt would take a few months instead of the 1-1.5 season it took instead.

There's only 1 french club that can consistently play a CL level competiton and it is STRONGLY against any kind of superleague. And it doesn't really need the money anyway.
You mean the same QSG that you happen to support which, much like Chelsea from 2003 onwards, have helped ruin modern football by serving as a sports washing vehicle by a dictatorship (Qatar) and the same QSG that has been cheating UEFA FFP rules (along other such clubs like Man City) time and time again? Which artificially became a relevant club overnight? Who used fake inflated sponsorship deals to gain an artificial advantage over the domestic and European competition? The same club that just during the 2017 transfer window, somehow managed to buy Neymar for a record transfer fee (222 million euros) which still stands to this day, later to buy Mbappé for a similar sum in the same transfer window?

You know what is even more funny? Your QSG has nothing to show for all those wasted billions of euros in Europe. Zero trophies.

And of course the criminal Al-Khelaifi is against a potential Super League. No longer any protection from UEFA or the French state due to France-Qatar military and business ties. After all France is selling 100's of billions worth of weapons deals to a country that will never use those same weapons and who already de facto is a US military base (Al-Udeid).

The idea of a ESL comprising Portuguese, Spanish, Italian, German, French, Dutch etc teams, would be unreal. I would love to see it. But the PL will still be more watched, more supported globally, and more profitable.

Barca and Madrid ARE competitive, Madrid especially, but they’re big fish in a tiny pond. Either of them in the PL, would be in a top 4 struggle at best imo. Perez, Laporta etc crying poor is and always has been laughable. I don’t see the trend of PL dominance reversing, in fact i think it will only increase.
In which universe will such a thing occur? The EPL nowadays is not even remotely bigger/richer/more followed than those leagues COMBINED so in what universe would a potential and quite frankly extremely unlikely merger of said leagues, INCREASE the financial dominance of the EPL, which we all know, is mostly artificial in nature to begin with for obvious reasons?

And anyone thinking that somehow every non-EPL top club will sit back and watch the doping league (EPL) increase their economic dominance without doing anything to prevent this trend, is living in a fantasy world. Of course there will be a strong reaction and steps will be taken to prevent this from occurring. Whether a Super League emerges or something else. What is absolutely guaranteed is that there will be countermoves.

Either that or the only option that remains to be competitive, is to follow the route of almost every EPL club, QSG etc. and in the case of Barça and RM, sell out to become propaganda vehicles/sports washing instruments of similar Middle Eastern dictatorships, Russian/Chinese oligarchs, US billionaires, hedge funds, investment banks or whatever.

Because as I see it there is no way for anyone else to compete with this nonsense as long as notoriously corrupt institutions such as UEFA and FIFA are doing nothing and the EPL/UK government seemingly being fine with selling out due to mere profit. After all, London is probably the number 1 financial capital in terms of dirty money so this development is hardly a surprise.

Last edited:

Niemans

Supports
Barcelona, Celta de Vigo

League teams are spending the money they can without going into debt. In addition, most teams already have new or remodeled stadiums, as well as new training centers.
They are doing serious management.

What was that solid plan for Raphinha?

If United sweep the ground with Barcelona then they are congratulated.

Barcelona has a very young team except Lewandowski, Busquets and Alba. They are trying to lower the wage bill and also begin the works of the Espai Barca.
The economic and sporting situation has improved a lot but there is still room for improvement for the club to be healthy.

ShinjiNinja26

La Liga is the most successful league (by quite some distance) historically in European football. La Liga football clubs have won more European trophies than any other league. No other league has had as many all-time greats as La Liga (record number of Ballon d'or winners, European Golden Shoe winners etc.) either with Serie A a closely second historically. RM and Barça remain the two top dogs in world football as well when it comes to fanbase, trophies won, all-time greats, pedigree and prestige etc. Not only that La Liga is just coming off a period of utter dominance in European football that lasted almost 2 decades.

La Liga, while no longer the undisputed dominant top league in world football, remains in the top 2. Only the doping league (EPL) after years of artificial spending due to the UK/EPL selling out to oil/gas rich Middle Eastern dictatorships, formerly criminal Russian oligarchs and American billionaires is at last at a similar level and nowadays a slightly better level.

It is no longer than 8 months ago (May 2022) that La Liga had 2 teams in the CL semifinals (RM and Villarreal) with RM ending up wining the CL.

Even with a La Liga in decline, partially due to the stupidly rigid FFP rules of La Liga itself, courtesy of Tebas, La Liga remains a top 2 league. For how long remains to be seen.

Now I can't imagine how utterly dominant La Liga could be if almost every La Liga club was owned by oil/gas rich Middle Eastern dictatorships, formerly criminal Russian oligarchs and American billionaires etc. like the case is in England (EPL). It is absolutely pathetic to see historical greats in Spain and Italy being unable to compete with some no-names English clubs due to the latter artificial money or lottery wins.

In terms of results in La Liga, what Barça and Xavi have done deserve respect and nobody can deny it given the institutional crisis (unprecedented in recent Barça history - we have to go back to the last years of Gaspart's reign to find something similar), the GOAT (Messi) leaving the club, post-COVID-19 economic crisis + Bartomeu's almost deliberate sabotage of the club, one of the youngest teams in Europe etc. To try and downplay this, due to the usual suspects obsession/dislike of Barça is pathetic.

Are you really 48 years old?:lol: A Chelsea fan talking about a project?:lol: How is your project going exactly? And which sane footballer who does not exclusively prioritize money, let alone a Brazilian one, would prefer playing for a tinpot club like Chelsea over freaking FC Barcelona? Imagine Barça owned by some criminal Russian oligarch, US billionaire sugar daddy or Qatar (like QSG). We would get every single top player 24/7 as was the case until not long ago without any such sugar daddies. Our rebuilt would take a few months instead of the 1-1.5 season it took instead.

You mean the same QSG that you happen to support which, much like Chelsea from 2003 onwards, have helped ruin modern football by serving as a sports washing vehicle by a dictatorship (Qatar) and the same QSG that has been cheating UEFA FFP rules (along other such clubs like Man City) time and time again? Which artificially became a relevant club overnight? Who used fake inflated sponsorship deals to gain an artificial advantage over the domestic and European competition? The same club that just during the 2017 transfer window, somehow managed to buy Neymar for a record transfer fee (222 million euros) which still stands to this day, later to buy Mbappé for a similar sum in the same transfer window?

You know what is even more funny? Your QSG has nothing to show for all those wasted billions of euros in Europe. Zero trophies.

And of course the criminal Al-Khelaifi is against a potential Super League. No longer any protection from UEFA or the French state due to France-Qatar military and business ties. After all France is selling 100's of billions worth of weapons deals to a country that will never use those same weapons and who already de facto is a US military base (Al-Udeid).

In which universe will such a thing occur? The EPL nowadays is not even remotely bigger/richer/more followed than those leagues COMBINED so in what universe would a potential and quite frankly extremely unlikely merger of said leagues, INCREASE the financial dominance of the EPL, which we all know, is mostly artificial in nature to begin with for obvious reasons?

And anyone thinking that somehow every non-EPL top club will sit back and watch the doping league (EPL) increase their economic dominance without doing anything to prevent this trend, is living in a fantasy world. Of course there will be a strong reaction and steps will be taken to prevent this from occurring. Whether a Super League emerges or something else. What is absolutely guaranteed is that there will be countermoves.

Either that or the only option that remains to be competitive, is to follow the route of almost every EPL club, QSG etc. and in the case of Barça and RM, sell out to become propaganda vehicles/sports washing instruments of similar Middle Eastern dictatorships, Russian/Chinese oligarchs, US billionaires, hedge funds, investment banks or whatever.

Because as I see it there is no way for anyone else to compete with this nonsense as long as notoriously corrupt institutions such as UEFA and FIFA are doing nothing and the EPL/UK government seemingly being fine with selling out due to mere profit. After all, London is probably the number 1 financial capital in terms of dirty money so this development is hardly a surprise.
You feeling alright fella? You seem a little rattled there. I suggest logging off for a little bit. We’re only pulling your lever!

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.

Bitter much?

CruyffMaradonaMessi

Supports
FC Barcelona

Congrats, gonna walk the league now
:lol: Far from over. A 3 point advantage is nothing in the grand scheme of things. Especially when you are competing against a Tebas led La Liga (madridista) and a Rubiales led RFEF (another madridista), Floren (Florentino Pérez) with his complete dominance of Spanish sports media cover that serve mostly as RM vehicles and with the likes of "the holy trinity" Gil Manzano, Mateu Lahoz and del Cerro Grande around to **** Barça up at the slightest opportunity.

The results in La Liga have been impressive, in particularly the away form, but this Barça team is still an ongoing project and far from the finished work. To begin with it is only recently that Xavi has been able to pick his strongest team due to a massive number of injuries, in particular to our defense which along with absurd refereeing (the first game away at Inter in particular) is what resulted in the CL group exit. Of course combined with being wasteful and having a mostly new team finding their feet. The scheduling of the World Cup did not help either as those 6 CL games were cramped into a very short time schedule which is why the many injuries to key defensive personal proved to be fatal. That combined with bad luck by ending up in the by far strongest CL group. Looking at the CL group exit in isolation, it was a fiasco, but if we dig deeper it looks less as such.

Had the impressive league form not been a saving grace, Xavi would likely have been in big trouble.

I have to admit that if I were Xavi, I would completely give up on the Europa League and focus exclusively on the league. The worst thing that could happen for a young team and a club desperately in need of winning again (not won a single trophy since the Copa del Rey win in 2021, and the league was last won during the 2018-19 so in recent contemporary Barça history, last 2 decades or so, this is a hell of a long time (spoilt, I know), to wait for a league win) is to lose focus in the league for cup tie tournaments such as the Copa del Rey and Europa League which are extremely unpredictable by their nature.

Also for all the criticism that Xavi receives, some of it is fair and I agree with it, we have to remember that this is a very young team that is finding its feet.

Against Atlético de Madrid our starting lineup was composed of ter Stegen (30), Koundé (24), Araújo (23), Christensen (26), Balde (19), Busquets (34), De Jong (25), Gavi (18), Pedri (20), Dembélé (25) and Fati (20). An average age of 24. Outside of Busquets (who will hopefully leave this summer when his current contract expires) and the physical freak that is Lewandowski, we don't really have important "old" players that need replacing.

We are IMO 2-3 very good buys (right back, defensive midfielder to replace Busquets) and 1 extra attacking player (top player) from returning to pre-2019 times in terms of being very competitive/incredibly successful both domestically and in Europe. The main problem is that this looks unlikely to occur next summer due to our economic restraints. So not sure if we will be able to take the next step in the development.

Anyway this is an absolutely crucial season for the "entorno" of the club, fanbase and for the progression of our young guns. I never felt that a potential league title was this important for us to win like this season around. I see no need to overly focus on the Europa League or Copa del Rey although I understand that we have always (for the past 2 decades at least) gone into every season with the ambition of winning every single trophy but I would throw potential success in the Europa League and CdR out for a "guaranteed" La Liga win.

Bitter much?
You feeling alright fella? You seem a little rattled there. I suggest logging off for a little bit. We’re only pulling your lever!
The truth hurts, I know.

Not bitter YET. Given the insane success of Barça in the past 20 years, I would be one hell of a spoiled guy, to be lamenting ANYTHING in terms of football. Add the success of Spain and Italy (international football) and it would be utterly absurd. I am spoilt but not this spoilt.

However I will lament the direction in which football is moving towards due to largely the EPL doping league, the likes of Qatar Saint-Germain and the ongoing corruption of UEFA and FIFA and utter inability to reform and change football for the better and make it more organic. If Barça and Spanish and Italian football as a whole further fall behind the doping league, of course that will be a reason for complain as a football fan.

So enjoying the potential prospect of Man Utd becoming a vehicle for say Qatar or UAE?:lol: I guess 10 years without a league title and 5 trophy less seasons in a row would make people, that previously lamented the likes of Chelsea, Man City and more recently Newcastle, more desperate for a similar experience themselves.

Yet we have the same likes here criticizing a 100% self-made club like Barça with 125 years of glorious history and 125 years of being owned by the fans for the fans, for having economic problems due to the effect of COVID-19 and a elected president (Bartomeu) that helped ruin the club but who eventually was removed by the same socios (club members and owners) that elected him in the first place, like in every democratic nation that removes a bad president/prime minster/government and elects a new one democratically.

How easy would it have been if Barça had a sugar daddy that could just fix our economy overnight by pumping his own money to fix every problem?:)

Last edited:

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
He is such an unbearable and arrogant cnut that the few good points he makes get totally lost.

CruyffMaradonaMessi

Supports
FC Barcelona
He is such an unbearable and arrogant cnut that the few good points he makes get totally lost.
Says the troll whose only relevance/contribution to this thread is LOW IQ one-liners and attempts at some kind of dry and non-existent German humor. A Bayern fan having the audacity to call anyone arrogant.:lol: Go to sleep. Focus on the Bayernliga rather than obsessing/trolling about Barça in this thread. You made your dislike clear long ago and got your few seconds of attention, so now go pollute some other thread. Yet to see you write anything remotely interesting/useful in this thread.

Is there a ignore function on this forum that one can use? Would come in handy for the Barça obsessed trolls and their idiotic one-liners in this thread.

League teams are spending the money they can without going into debt. In addition, most teams already have new or remodeled stadiums, as well as new training centers.
They are doing serious management.

What was that solid plan for Raphinha?

If United sweep the ground with Barcelona then they are congratulated.

Barcelona has a very young team except Lewandowski, Busquets and Alba. They are trying to lower the wage bill and also begin the works of the Espai Barca.
The economic and sporting situation has improved a lot but there is still room for improvement for the club to be healthy.
You are wasting your time with a notorious Barça-obsessed troll. Look at his user history and the nature of his post. I can't believe that he is 48 years old. Sad case. Imagine wasting your time on a Man Utd forum (rival forums) to obsess/troll/write utter ignorant nonsense about a team that you openly dislike/hate? What a sad existence!

Similar story to the Bayern troll above and below me.

The low IQ insult is one of Trump's favorites, for what its worth. You should feel honored, I think.
Poor thing. The audacity to start the unmotivated personal insults later to be surprised of a reply in a similar vain. In particular if you are a Barça-obsessed troll whose sole contribution to this thread is trolling/idiotic one-liners. I have to applaud you for your creative Trump comparisons ( :lol: ). BTW speaking of him, is he not of German origin? You should feel honored, I think. And to me, an individual, that wastes his time on a Man Utd forum trolling/insulting/writing idiotic one-liners in a thread related to Barça, as a supposed Bayern fan, is a good example of low IQ/idiotic behavior. Sorry to say it. I can't imagine wasting my time on this forum trolling Bayern/German football, although there is plenty to troll about. I guess we all have different priorities in life. Anyway carry on.

Last edited:

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Laporta gave a detailed interview with cadena ser. Here are some statements from him:

So this window, Barca won't be transfering any players. The ffp situation is hard as you see on Gavi's and Araujo's summer registration. The elimination in the CL complicated it, as we lost €26m because the club always budgets to reach at least QF. Now it's important to generate those €26m until the end of june to have the 1:1 Masa Salarial rule for next season's ffp. Reaching the EL final would generate €21m, some contracts will end and Barca has some lucrative offers to play some showmatches, so there are options to reach those €26m until the deadline.
Apart from the ffp, the general money situation has stabilized although there is still much work to be done.
Barca has, thanks to those levers, a lot of cash right now and the debts are getting smaller. More and more Barto contracts run out, so the club is on the right way to healthy wages and balance again. That's why Laporta rejected a €320m offer for blm right now.
Going forward to the next season, there will be less ticket income, around €93m, because we're moving out of the Camp Nou into a smaller stadium until the end of 2024. But he said the club has plans to recover those losses.
The construction has already started. In the last match, we saw a big part of the upper stand missing. The credit for the Nou Camp Nou project won't affect the finances of the first team acording to him, because Barca will start paying it back only when the stadium is finished with the additional income. The plan is to move back to the Camp Nou in the end of 2024 and finish the stadium in 2026.

Also the club is looking for a Busquets replacement. Frenkie can play on that position, but one player isn't enough. Laporta really likes Neves, but they'll discuss this problem internally together with Xavi. He also mentioned, that the club is very happy with Dembele, Fati and Frenkie and they are not for sale.
He also highlighted again that it was necessary to put the club before the best player of all time. There are some loose contacts between Laporta and Messi's entourage, but nothing serious. The club still owes money to Messi, but everything is settled and agreed on.

And about the Superleague, he said that the club is waiting for a final court decision in april. If they'll allow it, the SL is going to start in 2025 as a competition to the PL, but he hopes the english teams will follow in time.
Regarding the Superliga, we still need to know the final decision to know exactly what can be done, and whether UEFA can deny the participation of certain players in a World Cup.
That's a matter for the federation, so I have no idea. Following that logic, they could ban them if they made an alternative World Cup or Euro, which is not the case.
Besides, Juve would be in but we would have to see the opinion of Milan,Inter... Then I imagine they will bring in anyone who wants money. Personally I would like South American and US or Asian teams but I guess that's too difficult.