Barcelona: Charged with corruption .... again!

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
Down to the salary cap and the huge debt that they're drowning in.

But if they were in the premier league, they would still have to stick to UEFA's FFP rules, which is slightly different from the salary cap in Spain, but the premier league has no equivalent rule which could stop clubs registering players in their squads.
Heh

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
it's so weird that the LaLiga teams are not prepared for Messi to retire/leave. If the media is correct in saying that Messi generates revenue for every club just by being in the same league. Seems like bad management to me, relying on the revenue created by 1 player.
Well that’s absolute nonsense. So not weird. Just a lie.

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
Briliant move by Tebas, yes its a shitty deal for La Liga, but it would ensure that the big teams in Spain dont just leave to form a super league in the future.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
[/QUOTE]

Messi has never been this far away from signing a new contract at Barca. An agreement is now almost impossible.

Would take him at Chelsea..., we need goals and he fits that bill.

Would be a slightly different kind of signing to Lukaku though...

Looks like talks could at least be happening from Twitter rumours.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Wonder why Ronaldo was never deemed so important to La Liga?? How did they let him go so easily
Because Messi is widely accepted as possibly the greatest player of all time, Ronaldo isn't. In terms of importance to the stature and financial viability of the league as a whole, that's going to make a difference. bait

Castia

City went big on him last year I wonder if they'll save the Kane cash and offer Messi a huge deal.

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
Because Messi is widely accepted as possibly the greatest player of all time, Ronaldo isn't. In terms of importance to the stature and financial viability of the league as a whole, that's going to make a difference. bait
We are talking about economic impact here, Ronaldo is about as big of a star as Messi is, on the global stage.
RM also did just fine economically when Ronaldo left(they did lose out on the pitch, but thats a different story), perhaps Messi's economic impact is overstated?

Reactions: 711

CG1010

That's not true. In footballing terms there can be still be a debate, but in marketing terms, Ronaldo is much better looking and hence more marketable. counterbait

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
City went big on him last year I wonder if they'll save the Kane cash and offer Messi a huge deal.
If there was a possibility of doing that deal I'm sure they would.

Ideally they lose the window pursuing Messi and get neither!

Castia

If there was a possibility of doing that deal I'm sure they would.

Ideally they lose the window pursuing Messi and get neither!

But it's looked like he was signing a new deal until tonight where it's been confirmed that he's off so things change

There's 2 options for Messi that's City or PSG imo.

peridigm

If City sign Messi we should sign Ronaldo so we can put the argument to rest once and for all.

90 + 5min

Expecting announcement about Super League this week and how it is important to save football.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
The CVC deal is mental:

For their initial investment, CVC will pocket 11% of the money raised by LaLiga through the sale of television rights and sponsorship for the next 40 years.
How stupid would the club's have to be to agree to this.

No wonder Real Madrid going to sue. What a clusterfeck.

Dave Smith

Supports
Anything anti-Dipper
Manchester City FC are over a billion in debt, but it just happens to be to the owner is also the Government in Abu Dhabi.
Owner debt typically doesn't have interest, fixed penalties for delayed payment and/or specific terms on payment dates. Loans for banks/financial institutions do.

City's debt is essentially investment. They brought the club for £200m (approx) and have given them another £1bn. That ie
Clearly a diversionary tactic.

Imagine if he turns up in a Madrid shirt next week?
I would love him rocking up at Real as much as Keegan would've loved to beat Utd to the title.

Just imagine the memes.

abundance

Supports
Inter
PSG should now get Messi and Ronaldo, win the CL, and then dissolve the club.

dinostar77

Its a play by Barcelona and Messi to force La Liga to back off on their finanical restrictions. La Liga will be under immense pressure to relax the rules and they will and Messi will sign for Barcelona again.

Dave Smith

Supports
Anything anti-Dipper
Its a play by Barcelona and Messi to force La Liga to back off on their finanical restrictions. La Liga will be under immense pressure to relax the rules and they will and Messi will sign for Barcelona again.
Cannot see it, Barca apprantly have €100m's of sponsorship money on the line if he leaves. They cannot go out and say this if it isn't true. Additionally, La Liga took that Getefe player to court twice over their FFP rules and won on appeal, to bend over now will give them no leg to stand on when it comes to any of their other rules; a incredibly dangerous move with Real and Barca still pushing for the Super League.

dinostar77

Cannot see it, Barca apprantly have €100m's of sponsorship money on the line if he leaves. They cannot go out and say this if it isn't true. Additionally, La Liga took that Getefe player to court twice over their FFP rules and won on appeal, to bend over now will give them no leg to stand on when it comes to any of their other rules; a incredibly dangerous move with Real and Barca still pushing for the Super League.
I see what your saying but this isnt UEFA or FFP forcing Messi to leave its La Ligas own rules. There is going to be pandemonium in Spain over this and la liga chairman will have to back down and lose face. Its inevitable.

Dave Smith

Supports
Anything anti-Dipper
I see what your saying but this isnt UEFA or FFP forcing Messi to leave its La Ligas own rules. There is going to be pandemonium in Spain over this and la liga chairman will have to back down and lose face. Its inevitable.
I cannot see how La Liga can do it, with what has gone before and the SL business still on the line. If they allow him to stay outside of the rules they'll be in a incredibly poor position to fight Real and Barca on the SL as they will have set a precedent on breaking legally enforceable rules.

FCBarcelona

Supports
FC Barcelona
I have mixed feelings.
My heart is sad because it is the end of an era, with an ugly goodbye...
My brain is actually very happy.

I'm a rational person so I'm pleased. I only hope this is not a trick to force LaLiga to finally soften some restrictions. It is incredible that LaLiga did literally nothing to help clubs during the pandemic. When I say nothing I mean nothing. Pandemic only had a big impact in big clubs (Madrid and Barça for the most part) because their revenues collapsed. Barça has been specially affected because its financials were already on the edge. This didn't happen to the rest of the clubs because 90% of their revenues comes from TV rights, so they didn't lose too much. Messi would stay and the signings would be available if we were only dependent of UEFA's FFP.

It is funny to think that LaLiga seems to be the only competition that takes FFP seriously (at least the competition learnt from the 90's). UEFA or Premier League are a joke, completely sold to oil and state clubs.

Champions League spot and going through the league stage should be the objective for the next 2-3 years while we finally get rid of shitty players with galactic salaries and try to rebuild with free/cheap signings and la masia players (there are a few that looks very good).

we'll be back!

Chairman Steve

Would be hilarious to see La Liga bend the knee to Barcelona and Messi so publicly. Tebas would surely be asked to resign by the other 19 La Liga clubs if this actually happened right? Or are the La Liga teams all in this together as they’re that fecking desperate?

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
If La Liga just call the bluff, interesting what then happens..?

All along Barcelona can sell players and solve this. They're just refusing too.

It's been obvious they couldn't actually renew Messi for ages.

Maybe the CVC deal is linked somehow. It's a crazy agreement that makes no sense without some ulterior motive.

RedDevilzFox

I have mixed feelings.

I'm a rational person so I'm pleased. I only hope this is not a trick to force LaLiga to finally soften some restrictions. It is incredible that LaLiga did literally nothing to help clubs during the pandemic. When I say nothing I mean nothing. Pandemic only had a big impact in big clubs (Madrid and Barça for the most part) because their revenues collapsed. Barça has been specially affected because its financials were already on the edge. This didn't happen to the rest of the clubs because 90% of their revenues comes from TV rights, so they didn't lose too much. Messi would stay and the signings would be available if we were only dependent of UEFA's FFP.

It is funny to think that LaLiga seems to be the only competition that takes FFP seriously (at least the competition learnt from the 90's). UEFA or Premier League are a joke, completely sold to oil and state clubs.

Champions League spot and going through the league stage should be the objective for the next 2-3 years while we finally get rid of shitty players with galactic salaries and try to rebuild with free/cheap signings and la masia players (there are a few that looks very good).

we'll be back!
EPL may have oil clubs but let's not pretend Real Madrid and Barcelona are NOT state sponsored. Only La Liga taking FFP seriously, is this a joke?

Giggsy13

I'm taking a fair bit of pleasure seeing the downfall of Barca. They did it to themselves and are a shell of the club they used to be. Letting Messi go should start the process of cleaning the club out of all the overpaid stars and disastrous deals. Barca need to get back to their roots and what made them a club that was almost universally admired back in the day.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I have mixed feelings.

we'll be back!
:lol: What a load of piss. The clubs that destroyed the football wage structure for years with multiple 500k per week deals and the club who signed Griezmann/Coutinho/Dembele for 100m+ deals are the ones taking ffp seriously. Right.

dinostar77

The CVC deal is mental:

How stupid would the club's have to be to agree to this.

No wonder Real Madrid going to sue. What a clusterfeck.
Sky Sports

"....A new investment in La Liga from CVC Capital Partners was announced on Wednesday and brought hope of a £230m windfall that would help Messi’s new five-year deal be financially viable.

However, sources in Spain have told Sky Sports News that Barcelona are – at the moment – opposing the CVC investment because they do not want to give up future revenue to the company, along with Real Madrid.

The deal was unanimously approved by La Liga’s executive board but the clubs are yet to vote on it and that is due to take place on August 12. However, clubs in La Liga and Segunda do not need their approval for the deal to be voted in...."

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
I have mixed feelings.

we'll be back!
Says the team that has a ridiculously disproportionate TV deal in their league.