Barcelona: Charged with corruption .... again!

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Reminder that barcelona had Kubala, Suarez, Cruyff, Maradona, Laudrup, Romario, Ronaldo, Rivaldo and Ronaldinho before Messi...

Valencia Shin Crosses

They've had shocking transfer dealings in recent years, while the most promising players in their squad are all youngsters. I think they would be better off accepting a full rebuild letting players like Pedri and Fati grow and going for younger supplemental players instead of bringing in a name like Aguero. But we'll see.

Jezpeza

Still fecked financially without signing messi and need to cut more from the squad

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Just read that Coutinho is getting the #10 shirt.
white text

KennyBurner

Do you know how long Ive been waiting for the decline of this club since David Villa put it top corner???

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
If they sold Messi 3 seasons ago they would be about €900m better off right now.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
They should have never sign Aguero and Memphis. But could be a masterpiece of business if those two can replace Messi's 30 league goals and 9 league assists + 5 UCL goals and 2 UCL assists.

MUFC OK

To me Barca losing Messi is akin to Utd losing SAF, but possibly worse as they have been some way off the best team in Europe the last few seasons and can't throw money at the problem. End of an era indeed.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
To me Barca losing Messi is akin to Utd losing SAF, but possibly worse as they have been some way off the best team in Europe the last few seasons and can't throw money at the problem. End of an era indeed.
It's worse IMO. They've been very reliant on Messi for a while and he's dragged them into being title contenders every year despite mediocre managers and performances from others. No more Messi and all else the same isn't a good thing for them. A big part of their revenue is now also gone. Going to be an adaptation period for sure.

Hulksmash

[ Alfredo Martínez ] The harsh reality at Barça is that as of today, the new signings can't be registered either.

That club is Dead

Beans

Supports
Neutral
Too bad, I was hoping they would sell almost everyone for pennies just to get them off the books while still being stuck paying half the wages, just to get Messi, at which point they would be terrible.

That's the smart move. Now, will they switch to a more pragmatic style while they rebuild?

UncleBob

Of course they are, only genuine idiots thought they’d be bankrupt or whatever rubbish was spouted in here for months. They’re still not in a great place financially but they’ll be fine in the end.
[ Alfredo Martínez ] The harsh reality at Barça is that as of today, the new signings can't be registered either.

That club is Dead
looking pretty, pretty, pretty good

JSArsenal

Why are De Jong and Griezzman on such high wages? Is the income tax rate in Spain really high or something? They wouldn't earn anywhere near that at another club

RedDevilzFox

Reminder that barcelona had Kubala, Suarez, Cruyff, Maradona, Laudrup, Romario, Ronaldo, Rivaldo and Ronaldinho before Messi...
None of them with the exception of Maradona would ever be in conversation for GOAT. Lets also not forget, majority of those players were at barca for short periods. Messi basically was born and bred in Barcelona and spent his entire career there. It'd be like Maldini leaving Milan to join some another club.

Red4Life_#7

Where are the Depay meme's ' My dream is to play with Messi ' :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Sorry to laugh... it's just a crazy situation.

Partridge

I must admit to be quite happy at the state of barcelona at the moment. Messi in the prem for his final few years would be great for the league.

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
We won't be missed yet you are here hahaha.
I'm glad we (still) haven't sold a bit of the club to big corporations as you did to pay the stadium. That would really be very sad.
I was talking about your club, not you personally. I deleted my post though as it was too aggressive.
As for the second part, a hearfelt :rolleyes:

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
I must admit to be quite happy at the state of barcelona at the moment. Messi in the prem for his final few years would be great for the league.
Not if it’s man city, would turn the epl into bundesliga

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
Why are De Jong and Griezzman on such high wages? Is the income tax rate in Spain really high or something? They wouldn't earn anywhere near that at another club
Griezmann made more at Atletico believe it or not and psg were going after de Jong so Barca had to up the offer

Sergei Roberto wages on the other hand…oof

Castia

Annoyingly Barcelona just sped up their rebuilding phase by about 3 years.
They could have sold him last year to City for 100m then saved a further 70m+ on this years wages it’s another massive feck up from the Barce board, that money would have bought Haaland, instead they had Messi for 10 months.

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
Let's be real here losing Messi will hurt but they need to let him go, paying his wages would have destroyed the cub in its current position.
Yes. The money he was getting was unsustainable and he's getting old. It's far better for them if he leaves than if they had somehow cobbled together a new expensive contract package.