Barcelona: Charged with corruption .... again!

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
If La Liga just call the bluff, interesting what then happens..?

All along Barcelona can sell players and solve this. They're just refusing too.

It's been obvious they couldn't actually renew Messi for ages.

Maybe the CVC deal is linked somehow. It's a crazy agreement that makes no sense without some ulterior motive.
They can't sell them because they're on ridiculous wages. Barca signs someone like Griezmann and he's on like 4 or 500k per week. De Jong almost 400k per week. Dembele 300k. Messi probably close to 750k per week. Players won't accept to leave and get paid less. That's why Real Madrid could never sell Bale.

dinostar77

Would be hilarious to see La Liga bend the knee to Barcelona and Messi so publicly. Tebas would surely be asked to resign by the other 19 La Liga clubs if this actually happened right? Or are the La Liga teams all in this together as they’re that fecking desperate?
The other la liga clubs want Messi to stay hes too important to the league. So tebas has been checkmated by Messi and Barcelona and tebas has no choice now. They have to make an exception for Messi. Especially since Barcelona and Madrid are opposed to the CVC la liga deal as well. Its all out civil war in la liga. Tebas v Messi/Barcelona and Madrid.

Irwin99

:lol: What a load of piss. The clubs that destroyed the football wage structure for years with multiple 500k per week deals and the club who signed Griezmann/Coutinho/Dembele for 100m+ deals are the ones taking ffp seriously. Right.
It's crazy to think that with their famed academy that they can't have a few years in the wilderness maybe and concentrate on rebuilding with young players whilst avoiding the temptation for these types of signings. Letting go of Messi might actually be a good thing.

”Too important for the league” :lol:

fecking hell we’ve had Henry, Becks, Cantona, Ronaldo…. You just move on.

This Messi thing’s a fecking circus. In a few years he’s gone regardless, what is the utter bollocks.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
It's crazy to think that with their famed academy that they can't have a few years in the wilderness maybe and concentrate on rebuilding with young players whilst avoiding the temptation for these types of signings. Letting go of Messi might actually be a good thing.
I mean they have a few but then decided to load their squad up with old free agents on high wages with Mempis and Aguero again, to add to Griezmann and Dembele and Coutinho who they can't get rid of.

Ladron de redcafe

Ronaldo was one of the best players in history, some consider him the greatest, did the Premier League give a feck? No.
“Too important”, utter crock of shite.
Ronaldo isn't anywhere near the GOAT triumvirate. Messi is by general consensus a top 2 player ever and in a lot of people's eyes, the greatest ever. There is a difference between their standing as footballers and their value to their leagues. Can't believe I have to explain something this basic.

dinostar77

A question. Why couldn't Barcelona give Messi a symbolic wage i.e. €1 a week and then simply state we will give Messi a "golden goodbye" at the end of his 5 years (basically backdate his entire salary so financially he doesnt lose out).

Would that even be possible under the rules?

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
They can't sell them because they're on ridiculous wages. Barca signs someone like Griezmann and he's on like 4 or 500k per week. De Jong almost 400k per week. Dembele 300k. Messi probably close to 750k per week. Players won't accept to leave and get paid less. That's why Real Madrid could never sell Bale.
Can sell Pedri, Fati, Ter Stegen and others for big money. They have options.

Just refusing to sell those that are marketable.

RedDevilzFox

Ronaldo isn't anywhere near the GOAT triumvirate. Messi is by general consensus a top 2 player ever and in a lot of people's eyes, the greatest ever. There is a difference between their standing as footballers and their value to their leagues. Can't believe I have to explain something this basic.
That's the bit people miss. As good as CR7 is, he is nowhere near Messi in all time conversations. And when he left EPL, he was a great player but nowhere near the status Messi has today.

Ladron de redcafe

Sky Sports

"....A new investment in La Liga from CVC Capital Partners was announced on Wednesday and brought hope of a £230m windfall that would help Messi’s new five-year deal be financially viable.

However, sources in Spain have told Sky Sports News that Barcelona are – at the moment – opposing the CVC investment because they do not want to give up future revenue to the company, along with Real Madrid.

The deal was unanimously approved by La Liga’s executive board but the clubs are yet to vote on it and that is due to take place on August 12. However, clubs in La Liga and Segunda do not need their approval for the deal to be voted in...."
If that's the case, I'm not sure what the point of the August 12th vote is. For what it's worth, Real Madrid have publically stated they oppose this agreement and will take La Liga to court.

Dave Smith

Supports
Anything anti-Dipper
The other la liga clubs want Messi to stay hes too important to the league. So tebas has been checkmated by Messi and Barcelona and tebas has no choice now. They have to make an exception for Messi. Especially since Barcelona and Madrid are opposed to the CVC la liga deal as well. Its all out civil war in la liga. Tebas v Messi/Barcelona and Madrid.
Barca have been check mated by Barca. They are currently reaping what they have sowen.

Rules are rules, so no they don't. Especially as Barca have brought all of this on themselves.

caid

So how far off getting Depay and Aguero etc into the squad? Frankly Messi going solves problems for them. Fati, Pedri, De Jong and Ter Stegen is a future for the club, Messi wasn't.

Dave Smith

Supports
Anything anti-Dipper
So how far off getting Depay and Aguero etc into the squad? Frankly Messi going solves problems for them. Fati, Pedri, De Jong and Ter Stegen is a future for the club, Messi wasn't.
Think it is still €100m. More if the sponsorship was tied in part to Messi.

RedDevil@84

So Messi refused to come down on his asking price then. The solution was obvious for so long. 1.6M pw is insane and not sustainable at all.

Acheron

Supports
Real Madrid
In the great scheme of things this will likely be a good thing for Barcelona if they manage from now on to stop overpaying their players. According to some people in here Barcelona wouldn't exist with all the money Messi brings them but let's see how this goes through for them.

FCBarcelona

Supports
FC Barcelona
EPL may have oil clubs but let's not pretend Real Madrid and Barcelona are NOT state sponsored. Only La Liga taking FFP seriously, is this a joke?
The only thing you can talk about is when Real Madrid sold their got the requalification of the soil from the training facilities like 20 years ago. however, the fact is that they had that decades ago when it was far from the city, the city grew and they become a place where you want to build (in fact, you can find some of the tallest buildings of the EU over there). Real Madrid sold the space and moved to a different place.

That's all. Comparing that to PSG, City, etc. is laughable. Nobody in the french league, premier league or UEFA cares about them.

Bye, you won't be missed.

Whole post full of BS too, 'Covid only impacting big clubs'? '90% of small club revenue are TV rights'? Go get fecked.
We won't be missed yet you are here hahaha.
I'm glad we (still) haven't sold a bit of the club to big corporations as you did to pay the stadium. That would really be very sad.

And yes, you can check TV rights revenues from middle/small clubs and their budget if you don't believe me. Go reading.

Says the team that has a ridiculously disproportionate TV deal in their league.
1/3 equal
1/3 based on position
1/3 based on TV views

you can like it or not, but it doesn't look crazy or unfair to me.

Can sell Pedri, Fati, Ter Stegen and others for big money. They have options.

Just refusing to sell those that are marketable.
If you make a fair bid... why not? the thing is that you want to pay pennies for anyone of them because Barça's situation. And again, Barça situation is only due to LaLiga FFP, not UEFA's

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
It was clear to anyone looking at the numbers and the salary cap imposed by La Liga, that the optimism in him re-signing was 100% dependent on an exemption being provided by La Liga. There was simply no other way without shifting out all of Griezman, Dembele, Coutinho, Umtitti and Pjanic. And even that may not have been enough. La Liga haven't flinched, and here we are. Players have to be registered by the end of the month to be eligible for the season and by September 2nd to be eligible for the CL. If Barca were going to pull a move, it was now or never.

I have zero doubt that this is a move to invite pressure on La Liga, but one should also consider that this is a way for the two to part company without either taking the blame. Which is probably a unique opportunity. It'll be interesting to see what happens, because like most of you, I don't think is definitively decided yet. What is for certain is that between this, the ESL, and the CVC deal, Spanish football is in civil war.

Pretzels81

Not Salty…
A necessary abortion. His salary had become a monster and the club was literally crumbling. Now they can focus on improving the contracts of their promissing youngsters (Fati, Pedri, Mingueza, Moriba?, etc).

That's the bit people miss. As good as CR7 is, he is nowhere near Messi in all time conversations. And when he left EPL, he was a great player but nowhere near the status Messi has today.
Too difficult for some to grasp, unfortunately.
Oooh there’s an exciting conversation for some sad arses to have. I won’t.

Top players come and go. Always have, always will. Pretending Messi is some God like creature too important to be allowed to leave is hilarious.

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
I have mixed feelings.
My heart is sad because it is the end of an era, with an ugly goodbye...
My brain is actually very happy.

I'm a rational person so I'm pleased. I only hope this is not a trick to force LaLiga to finally soften some restrictions. It is incredible that LaLiga did literally nothing to help clubs during the pandemic. When I say nothing I mean nothing. Pandemic only had a big impact in big clubs (Madrid and Barça for the most part) because their revenues collapsed. Barça has been specially affected because its financials were already on the edge. This didn't happen to the rest of the clubs because 90% of their revenues comes from TV rights, so they didn't lose too much. Messi would stay and the signings would be available if we were only dependent of UEFA's FFP.

It is funny to think that LaLiga seems to be the only competition that takes FFP seriously (at least the competition learnt from the 90's). UEFA or Premier League are a joke, completely sold to oil and state clubs.

Champions League spot and going through the league stage should be the objective for the next 2-3 years while we finally get rid of shitty players with galactic salaries and try to rebuild with free/cheap signings and la masia players (there are a few that looks very good).

we'll be back!
Go and steal more tv rights money from smaller clubs.

432JuanMata

To be fair Messi is the GOAT (for me he is). I can see why they'd want to bend over backwards to keep him.
Barca are dirt for 2 years yet last season Messi had most goals, most assists in La liga and he had most MOTM in European leagues. Yes I can understand people saying don’t pay that money but Barca are finished without him.

FCBarcelona

Supports
FC Barcelona
Go and steal more tv rights money from smaller clubs.
I bet you know literally nothing about the history of tv rights in spain or the current system.

Maybe you read a tweet and a headline and that's all you need. Hahaha.

Iker Quesadillas

Supports
Real Madrid
Insane that 'Ronaldo not being one of the best players of all time' was allowed to sneak up in here, it's completely irrelevant anyway since he's not competing with fecking Pele for eyeballs right now!

KennyBurner

MEMPHIS NUMBER 10????? CLUB IS DUSTED. I USED TO PRAY FOR TIMES LIKE THIS TO RHYME LIKE THIS? REST IN PISS!!!!!

Wolf1992

Supports
No team in particular.
The same as before him for fecks sake. Two of the World’s biggest fecking football clubs and an incredible league.

What the holy feck are people smoking when it comes to putting Messi on this ridiculous pedestal?
Literally Messi was the one who brought Barcelona into the conversation about biggest clubs in History,

Did you even realize how many leagues Barca won under Messi? Before he arrived to Barca , Real Madrid had almost double the league titles Barcelona had (29 to 17)....not only that, but also did upset RM many times even with CR7 at his peak.
He literally broke every single record in La Liga with Barca.
Now that he is probably gone be ready to see Barcelona even struggling to get a CL spot.

Can't compare with the impact of CR7 in Man Utd, as United was the biggest club in Premier League before Cristiano arrived, Barcelona was so behind behind Real Madrid before Messi became a starter player for them is not even funny.