Barcelona: Charged with corruption .... again!

Pavl3n

Just came across interesting quote from Javier Tebas. Not sure when is it from or if true or was it in an interview or press-conference - I saw it as screenshot on the wall of my friend, who's a crazy Barca fan for nearly 30 years.

Tebas: 'On the 14th of July, Laporta and I had a dinner and discussed the CVC deal. At the time, he agreed to it and was excited for Messi's renewal. He had to pick between the CVC deal, or to continue with the Super League project and let go of Messi. He chose the latter.'

Ladron de redcafe

No one can tell me he didn’t purposefully injure himself to try to find a way out of this Barcelona contract :lol:
There were rumours that he felt blindsided by the fact that Messi left, but he uploaded a video assuring Barcelona fans that they'll have him for a year and not to worry.

The very next day, he misses the Gamper match and cites an injury that will keep him out until November.

Not entirely sure what to think, but maybe we're being a little sinister given that he's had a history of injury problems and another one now wouldn't be out of the ordinary.

Ladron de redcafe

Just came across interesting quote from Javier Tebas. Not sure when is it from or if true or was it in an interview or press-conference - I saw it as screenshot on the wall of my friend, who's a crazy Barca fan for nearly 30 years.

Tebas: 'On the 14th of July, Laporta and I had a dinner and discussed the CVC deal. At the time, he agreed to it and was excited for Messi's renewal. He had to pick between the CVC deal, or to continue with the Super League project and let go of Messi. He chose the latter.'
That's on his official Twitter. And he actually tweeted Laporta reminding him of it, which may explain the very cold handshake between Messi and Laporta upon Messi's arrival to Camp Nou for yesterday's press conference.

In fact, Laporta hosted Perez and Agnelli the following day in what must have been a dinner to assure them that he's going ahead with the Super League and won't give Barcelona's approval to the CVC deal.

Cloud7

There were rumours that he felt blindsided by the fact that Messi left, but he uploaded a video assuring Barcelona fans that they'll have him for a year and not to worry.

The very next day, he misses the Gamper match and cites an injury that will keep him out until November.

Not entirely sure what to think, but maybe we're being a little sinister given that he's had a history of injury problems and another one now wouldn't be out of the ordinary.
I said that more in jest than anything, and it is pretty cynical to think of it that way as Aguero is a very injury prone player, but the timing really is something

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid

If this is true, Laporta took the best decision by far.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
loving the implosion, these arrogant pricks and their "more than a club" bollocks have had it coming for a long time. The only club I hate as much as the scousers!

dinostar77

I did and it's obvious from your mistake that you didn't. That's what I corrected you.

If you're going to cite an interview, atleast attempt to get basic facts right.
Victor Fonte being interviewed by guillem balague? I know i got my facts right. So i will ignore you from now on cause im done. Thanks.

Ladron de redcafe

Victor Fonte being interviewed by guillem balague? I know i got my facts right. So i will ignore you from now on cause im done. Thanks.
You'll ignore my correction because you're intransigent. But that doesn't change the fact that you decided to make something up and were called out on it.

dinostar77

You'll ignore my correction because you're intransigent. But that doesn't change the fact that you decided to make something up and were called out on it.
Poor Barcelona fan can't accept that a manager/coach might have ideas that dont involve Messi. Well he's gone, Barcelona royally screwed that up. Why are football fans so myopic? Can you only view the game through a narrow prism? Shock horror Xavi has ideas for Barca that dont involve Messi or couldnt be implemented while Messi is there = fanboy head explodes :lol:

Edit: I've removed you from my ignore list as i would actually like to discuss Barcelonas future without Messi and interested in what you think. But probably on a seperate thread to this.

Ladron de redcafe

Poor Barcelona fan can't accept that a manager/coach might have ideas that dont involve Messi. Well he's gone, Barcelona royally screwed that up. Why are football fans so myopic? Can you only view the game through a narrow prism? Shock horror Xavi has ideas for Barca that dont involve Messi or couldnt be implemented while Messi is there = fanboy head explodes :lol:
That's a long rant by someone who claimed that he's "done"!

You claimed that Xavi didn't join because Messi was there. You were asked for a source. You failed to provide any evidence and instead cited an interview in which there was no mention of Messi. You were called out for making things up and have resorted to a rant and ad-hominems.

This is just delicious.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Why are they all referring to Aguero as Kun? I know its his name but is it a Spanish custom or something?
It's his nickname. South american players tend to be called by nicknames a lot. Spanish and Portuguese too

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen

Edit: I've removed you from my ignore list as i would actually like to discuss Barcelonas future without Messi and interested in what you think. But probably on a seperate thread to this.
I believe in the long run Barca will be competitive again. This team is individually better than given credit and they have excellent talents. They will need some time to adapt but surely have the potential for title challenges both domestically and internationally.

But Messi's departure might hit them hard economically, especially in the short term due to contractual payments bound to him being present on the pitch. Yet, this might actually be good for them since it forces them to focus on their youth instead of Galactico transfers again - something they should have done anyway.

kingwaynerooney

Supports
United
PSG vs Barca Rivalry is intense. Madrid will soon team up with Barca to make it a handicap match during the Mbappe saga.

Would have been real interesting if they had invested in Valencia instead of PSG.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP

Aguero out until November. When it rains, it pours.
This, this is why Barcelona are in a mess.

You didn't need to be Nostradamus to predict Aguero would get injured this season. He's been injured for most of the last few seasons.

Why sign him?

This isn't something Laporta can put on Bartomeu either. His buy, his error.

The best signing Barcelona could make this summer is Monchi. Monchi could build a title winning outfit with less than half the money Barcelona has spent in transfers and wages on Coutinho, Dembele, Griezamann, Aguero etc

dinostar77

That's a long rant by someone who claimed that he's "done"!

You claimed that Xavi didn't join because Messi was there. You were asked for a source. You failed to provide any evidence and instead cited an interview in which there was no mention of Messi. You were called out for making things up and have resorted to a rant and ad-hominems.

This is just delicious.
I give up. Your ignored permanently. Offered olive branch.

Ladron de redcafe

I give up. Your ignored permanently. Offered olive branch.
If having someone correct you when you're wrong or check you when you blatantly make something up and double down on it after being exposed impels you to resort to childish rants and threats to ignore posters, I'm not sure what that says about your emotional stability.

Good luck, mate.

Ladron de redcafe

This, this is why Barcelona are in a mess.

You didn't need to be Nostradamus to predict Aguero would get injured this season. He's been injured for most of the last few seasons.

Why sign him?

This isn't something Laporta can put on Bartomeu either. His buy, his error.

The best signing Barcelona could make this summer is Monchi. Monchi could build a title winning outfit with less than half the money Barcelona has spent in transfers and wages on Coutinho, Dembele, Griezamann, Aguero etc
The cynics don't quite think he's injured. The timing is unbelievable, if we are to assume that he is in fact injured.

In any case, he hasn't been registered as far as I know. Neither has Depay.

Cheech Wizard

Liverpool fan
Supports
Liverpool
They signed him years too late. He was picking up these sort of injuries in the last couple of years with City anyway. Just signed to appease Messi and now it’s backfired with him gone.

izak

Supports
Glory Glory Red Devils
What a Shit club Barcelona is, how they've managed to be this shit I'll never know, hiring lawyers to block Messi moving to PSG is as shit as they come. What on earth is happening with their finances?

prateik

They still have to pay his wages even if he isnt registered.. they just dont have to free up wages to register him right now and can put it off till Jan if he stays.

dinostar77

I believe in the long run Barca will be competitive again. This team is individually better than given credit and they have excellent talents. They will need some time to adapt but surely have the potential for title challenges both domestically and internationally.

But Messi's departure might hit them hard economically, especially in the short term due to contractual payments bound to him being present on the pitch. Yet, this might actually be good for them since it forces them to focus on their youth instead of Galactico transfers again - something they should have done anyway.
Question is does Barcelona need to change the type of player it recruits for la masia? By going for more atheltic, stronger players it brings it in line with whats happening in european football where strong atheotic players who can implement a full press have been successful in the CL and in their domestic leagues respectively. Not all players who come through la masia will be Barcelona A team material but some will be good enough to sell to other teams domestically and abroad. It would be a good revenue stream for them. This would have a knock on effect on the first team.

Or so they stick to their principles and continue to produce Barcelona type players, highly skilled technical players and ignore the shift in european football to a more direct counter attacking approach?

Ajax have gone through this conundrum recently (stick to the ajax way and produce players who fit the ajax system or cater more to the markey they want to sell to). For ajax its more important for their business model as they are even more reliant on on producing players who they can sale on for a profit than Barcelona. Though Barcelona may have to adapt for a few years to clear their massive debts and gradually get rid of players on ridiculous contracts.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea

ffs :lol:
Aguero looked done physically last season.

Braithwaite actually looked pretty ok though yesterday, he's not top class but he'll work and do a job in there. With their midfield and alongside Griezmann and Memphis he'll score quite a few goals.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Question is does Barcelona need to change the type of player it recruits for la masia? By going for more atheltic, stronger players it brings it in line with whats happening in european football where strong atheotic players who can implement a full press have been successful in the CL and in their domestic leagues respectively. Not all players who come through la masia will be Barcelona A team material but some will be good enough to sell to other teams domestically and abroad. It would be a good revenue stream for them. This would have a knock on effect on the first team.

Or so they stick to their principles and continue to produce Barcelona type players, highly skilled technical players and ignore the shift in european football to a more direct counter attacking approach?

Ajax have gone through this conundrum recently (stick to the ajax way and produce players who fit the ajax system or cater more to the markey they want to sell to). For ajax its more important for their business model as they are even more reliant on on producing players who they can sale on for a profit than Barcelona. Though Barcelona may have to adapt for a few years to clear their massive debts and gradually get rid of players on ridiculous contracts.
I don't really see that shift in European football to be honest. Barcelona has many problems but La Masia isn't one of them. If anything abandoning the typical Barca style was what got them in their current situation.

I mean, which teams are you referring to? Liverpool seems to be the only one fitting the description to a degree.