Barcelona: Charged with corruption .... again!

ReddBalls

As much of a clown as Perez is, I think he was right that the way media and entertainment are consumed by the younger generation is changing, and as a result we'll see more people being more fans of individual players rather than a club as a whole.
WHY? Kids have always adored both players AND teams. It hasn't changed at all. It was perfectly normal to be a fan of both United and Zidane for instance.

RedDevilzFox

I can understand thinking Messi is fantastic and better than Beckham in everything footy related is an opinion some people have and will fight over. But to not acknowledge Beckham‘s continuous success off the pitch weakens every other stance you take. It‘s difficult to take you serious after reading your thread-derailing posts.

Back on topic, does anybody know if Barcelona has a timeframe within which they are required to lower their wage to revenue ratio? And by how much exactly?
Who said Beckham was not successful? He was succesful on and off the pitch. Messi is just far more successful, on or off.

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
Whenever I click this thread thinking there are some new developments in Barca's situation, the last few posts are always off-topic, pointless arguments.

alexthelion

Don't create straw mans.

I was not the one saying messi is a football superstar and becks is a superstar. Fact is, both are football superstars and outside of football neither one would hold much to anything, it's just that Messi is a much bigger one.
Outside of football, the only one very well known would be Beckham.

steeeb

If you picked 1000 random streets in the world, Beckham would be recognised far more on average than Messi would. He's known far more globally, especially by those not in to football.

Dread Devil

As much of a clown as Perez is, I think he was right that the way media and entertainment are consumed by the younger generation is changing, and as a result we'll see more people being more fans of individual players rather than a club as a whole.
Absolutely, I think Best may have been one of the first footballers to reach out to the younger generation who weren’t consumed by football…..but back then new followers also followed the club where as these days players are taking some followers with them….I am looking forward to taking my girl to Old Trafford which could cement the relationship with the club rather than the player….

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
If you picked 1000 random streets in the world, Beckham would be recognised far more on average than Messi would. He's known far more globally, especially by those not in to football.
This isn’t true at all, maybe in England

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Not a chance.

bosskeano

Barcelona might be on the brink of becoming a club who will be fighting for top 3 in La Liga not titles

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Ilaix Moriba now linked with Wolves and the price bandied about is 12.8m. Is this a joke? I thought he was a genuine mega prospect.

Tacitus56AD

Supports
Bayern Munich
Pages of "wHo Is ThE GoAt" between 2 players who didn`t even win a worldcup...get a grip...but more importantly get back to topic!

Niemans

Supports
Barcelona, Celta de Vigo
Ilaix Moriba now linked with Wolves and the price bandied about is 12.8m. Is this a joke? I thought he was a genuine mega prospect.
Moriba has only one year left on his contract and does not want to renew. He to renew asks €6M/year and luckily at Barcelona there is no longer Bartomeu to give him that money.
I personally don't like Joan Laporta but something that excites me is the signing of Mateu Alemany.
For me he is the best sports director in Spain and with Ramón Planes ( discoverer of Pedri, Araujo, Demir and Emerson) can make an amazing tandem.

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
Why? Do you just not rate him? Bit insane to let an 18 year old prospect go for as little as that, irrespective of how desperate you are financially.
He’s got potential but if I’m being honest he’s a little overrated but obviously still young. I don’t rate him as much as others but that could just be me.

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
Messi is immensely more popular on the internet, but if you go to the far corners of the world with little technology, then we'll see.
thats exactly where Messi is more popular in today’s world. He’s far more massive in India and the Far East.

VanKenny

Messi is immensely more popular on the internet, but if you go to the far corners of the world with little technology, then we'll see.
That makes all the sense in the world, because obviously non-internet media doesnt care about talking Messi or anything related to current football news, they are much more focused on talking about some good looking player that was a thing 20 years ago.

Also, Illaix can go fuk off to Wolves TBH. His attitude is what you would expect from someone like Pedri who has shown much more interesting things than him, or even Ansu Fati, and even then, id support the decision of telling them to pack their bags. Barcelona is in the situation they currently are precisely because of listening to the player more than to the needs of the club.

Stacks

This isn’t true at all, maybe in England
Its true. Ronaldo and Beckham are more recogniseable because they are good looking and their brand exceeds just football. Random women will know Ronaldo and Beckham because they think they're hawt where as Messi just looks like a regular dude so you have to know football to recognise him from a crowd. Becks and Ronaldo are style icons.

breath

No one where I live knows who Beckham is. Neymar /Messi /Cristiano are more recognisable than him

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
A lot of people in this thread who think the majority of the world is composed of western people who grew up with Beckham like they did.

Symptomatic of the state of affairs I suppose.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
I am going to ask my nieces who are 15 and 13 if they know who Beckham is. And Messi.

Tarrou

I reckon Messi is more known today

but compared to Beckham's fame during his career he doesn't come close

Iker Quesadillas

Supports
Real Madrid
Someone compare the ad revenue numbers between Beckham and Messi. That will at least progress the thread.
According to my calculations, Messi made around 45m from the ad campaign for the Hobbit Trilogy.

He looks like a goblin, folks.

spaceboyRSA

Very much this. And for those saying the caf is UK biased- I’m in South Africa and my age group all knew the Becks phenomena. I remember United playing Kaizer chiefs (i think) in the late 90s. The general public didn’t necessarily know United, but they were excited to see Beckham.

Im also still waiting for a Messi version of Bend it like Beckham.

Dave Smith

Supports
Anything anti-Dipper
This who was more famous is the most ridiculous argument, principally because it is the kind of thing I expect to see on some sort of celebrity gossip board filled with teenage girls and second because neither of said individuals probably give one flying f*ck about it.

Lastly, it is like comparing apples and oranges as Messi is a bloke who pretty much shuns the spotlight whereas Becks embraced it and leveraged it to build his brand.

VanKenny

You guys must have a private forum somewhere where you are laughing your ass off about trolling us with this Beckham thing i swear. I see no other explanation, you cant possibly believe this.

"Messi's fame doesnt come close to Beckham on his peak". This thread is getting as funny as the "Rashford vs Mbappe" thread a couple of years ago