Barcelona fans on twitter are the worst

serghei

Supports
FC Barcelona
There’s that Barca arrogance. You were doing so well up until that point.
A whole lot of people around here are arrogant. Doesn't seem to bother people unless it's coming from a Barca fan.

serghei

Supports
FC Barcelona
It’s not his fault.

NBC told him they play the right way...
The irony of speaking about arrogance and making an arrogant remark in the same post. Are you sure you're not a closet Barca fan?

If I were to make a list of arrogant posts around here, I'd be up all night.

roonster09

FA Cup Predictions 2023/2024 winner
Scout
It's either that or they just can't stand the popularity City attract because they play football the right way so they find people to blame. Barca fans rightfully praising City's football are an easy target.
:lol: Right way.

vangagal

A whole lot of people around here are arrogant. Doesn't seem to bother people unless it's coming from a Barca fan.
You got it wrong with play football the right way. There's nothing such as right or wrong about how to play football, there's so many tactics to choose from yet only Barca fans to think their way is the only right way to play football. Maybe not you but thats what makes people going nuts when talk with Barca fans. A lot fans seems cannot apreciate others team when it comes to play football.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Remember that they are more than a club, we must be grateful to Barcelona for showing us the right way to play.

serghei

Supports
FC Barcelona
You got it wrong with play football the right way. There's nothing such as right or wrong about how to play football, there's so many tactics to choose from yet only Barca fans to think their way is the only right way to play football. Maybe not you but thats what makes people going nuts when talk with Barca fans. A lot fans seems cannot apreciate others team when it comes to play football.
It's an expression. It means attacking football. Doesn't have to be Barca style. Football the right way is football done with proactive tactics, offensive and such. Basically the kind of stuff most people want to see. You'd have to be nuts to like a team who creates 2-3 chances a game more than one that creates 14-15, if you're impartial. This leads to attacking football being 'the right way' for me.

fishfingers15

Contributes to username and tagline changes
This bullshit about many Barca fans adopting City as their 2nd team is getting boring now. They watch City because they play good football, as many Barca fans have a clear appreciation for a certain style of playing, that City happens to be playing right now.

There's no Pep ****, City 2nd club or some shit like that. Everybody with the right connection in their brain or who's not blinded by extreme bias would realize that. We are defined by our taste in different things, and you show appreciation for things (actors, movies, football teams, managers, artists, places etc.) that match said taste. Most logical thing in the world and yet, some seemingly show incredible difficulty in understanding it. It's either that or they just can't stand the popularity City attract because they play football the right way so they find people to blame. Barca fans rightfully praising City's football are an easy target.
Of course, it's all just down to the style of play and has nothing to do with Pep Guardiola. Connoisseurs of football, sipping on lemon tea with a moustache.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Of course, it's all just down to the style of play and has nothing to do with Pep Guardiola. Connoisseurs of football, sipping on lemon tea with a moustache.
I like how he/she glosses over the most obvious link between Barca and City as if we are stupid enough to buy what they've said.

City have played some very good football in the past, but only now are Barca fans appreciating it. Its all because they play good football they say :rolleyes:

fishfingers15

I like how he/she glosses over the most obvious link between Barca and City as if we are stupid enough to buy what they've said.

City have played some very good football in the past, but only now are Barca fans appreciating it. Its all because they play good football they say :rolleyes:
I have no problems with Barcelona fans treating City as their second club or admiring the football they play. It's their insistence it has nothing to do with City's Barcelona connections baffle me. City have Guardiola and their football men from Barcelona, at least fecking be proud of your guys and own up to it. But no, we're attracted to the football, like a moth to a flame. It's almost as if these style gurus stopped supporting Barcelona before Guardiola when they were lumping it to Kluivert hoping for knockdowns to Saviola.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
I have no problems with Barcelona fans treating City as their second club or admiring the football they play. It's their insistence it has nothing to do with City's Barcelona connections baffle me. City have Guardiola and their football men from Barcelona, at least fecking be proud of your guys and own up to it. But no, we're attracted to the football, like a moth to a flame. It's almost as if these style gurus stopped supporting Barcelona before Guardiola when they were lumping it to Kluivert hoping for knockdowns to Saviola.
Yeh, I have no problem with it either. Guardiola is one of their best managers ever, no one would blame them for supporting him and his style of play. But, I think that the fact that City are a sugar daddy club it would feel dirty to support a club like that when you are a Barcelona supporter.

serghei

Supports
FC Barcelona
It has nothing to do with City's Barcelona connections. It's about how they play. The style wasn't even invented by Barca, but by the Dutch. I watch Napoli as much as I watch City when I can.

You keep referring to persons and clubs, completely leaving aside the extensive tactical aspects which make the style appealing. The relation with persons and clubs is through those types of things. Those are exactly the aspects that make City worth watching for Barca fans. Not who is the manager, or what club he managed before, or irrelevant stuff like that.

Yeh, I have no problem with it either. Guardiola is one of their best managers ever, no one would blame them for supporting him and his style of play. But, I think that the fact that City are a sugar daddy club it would feel dirty to support a club like that when you are a Barcelona supporter.
Supporting a club and liking how they play are two very different things. Supporting a club is non-conditional to the football style, except in very rare occasions when the reasons that made you a fan are not there anymore and don't look like ever returning.

Last edited:

Bojan11

The irony of speaking about arrogance and making an arrogant remark in the same post. Are you sure you're not a closet Barca fan?

If I were to make a list of arrogant posts around here, I'd be up all night.
What arrogant remark? Was just making a point.

So you agree all Barca fans are arrogant?

fishfingers15

It has nothing to do with City's Barcelona connections. It's about how they play. The style wasn't even invented by Barca, but by the Dutch. I watch Napoli as much as I watch City when I can.

You keep referring to persons and clubs, completely leaving aside the extensive tactical aspects which make the style appealing. The relation with persons and clubs is through those types of things. Those are exactly the aspects that make City worth watching for Barca fans. Not who is the manager, or what club he managed before, or irrelevant stuff like that.

Supporting a club and liking how they play are two very different things. Supporting a club is non-conditional to the football style, except in very rare occasions when the reasons that made you a fan are not there anymore and don't look like ever returning.
Alright.

Zeki Zico

I agree that some Barca fans do come across as being ungrateful and almost feel superior but to be honest, considering the last 10 years they've had, I'm not surprised.

In the last decade, Barca have had their most successful period in the clubs history and that's why their fans feel superior.

Now in the last 2/3 years, I've pretty much watched every Barca and Madrid game, so I'd like to think I can judge their players accurately. Firstly, Umtiti, I actually think he is amongst the top 4 centre backs in the world at this current moment in time. I think only Ramos, Hummels and Chiellini are ahead of him at the moment. This is based on current form. Umtiti has been an absolute beast in defence for Barca and is actually beginning to cover Pique's cracks who has been pretty poor for Barca this season.

Next up is Ter Stegan and whilst I don't think he's on De Gea's level yet, he's definitely the second best keeper in the world at the moment based on current form. With Neuer being out until January, the German coach is gonna have a hard decision to make in regards to who he starts at the next World Cup.

Lastly Semedo, who I think has a lot of talent but is nowhere near the best right back. I wouldn't even say he currently makes the top 10/15. He hasn't even fully established himself at Barca as the starting RB, so he has a long way to go.

Mal donaghy

On twitter.

The guy says Messi doesn’t need world cups to be the best and then says de gea doesn’t have the CL like Ter stegen so Ter stegen is better :confused:
Buffon has never won the champions league so by that guys logic Buffon is/was shit.

meamth

Messi is poor man's Lingard,
Ter Stegen is 2nd choice to Neuer,
Suarez is a scavenger,
Iniesta is missing Xavi.

Red_toad

Aye you can make the same thread with just about most top clubs’ fans. Success breeds a level of entitlement and a section of spoilt fans.

Madrid fans boo (or booed) Ronaldo, ffs.

Some of our own fans would have Mourinho fired and more than half our squad sold as well.

Point being, most clubs have their share of spoilt/irrational fans.
Are you suggesting some of our fans are akin to the superior Barca fans :eek:

Denis79

This bullshit about many Barca fans adopting City as their 2nd team is getting boring now. They watch City because they play good football, as many Barca fans have a clear appreciation for a certain style of playing, that City happens to be playing right now.

There's no Pep ****, City 2nd club or some shit like that. Everybody with the right connection in their brain or who's not blinded by extreme bias would realize that. We are defined by our taste in different things, and you show appreciation for things (actors, movies, football teams, managers, artists, places etc.) that match said taste. Most logical thing in the world and yet, some seemingly show incredible difficulty in understanding it. It's either that or they just can't stand the popularity City attract because they play football the right way so they find people to blame. Barca fans rightfully praising City's football are an easy target.
There we go! The Barca in you coming out.

Last edited:

Akshay

Staff
It's an expression. It means attacking football. Doesn't have to be Barca style. Football the right way is football done with proactive tactics, offensive and such. Basically the kind of stuff most people want to see. You'd have to be nuts to like a team who creates 2-3 chances a game more than one that creates 14-15, if you're impartial. This leads to attacking football being 'the right way' for me.
It doesn't just mean attacking football. I recall very well during the 08-11 years when United and Barcelona were meeting regularly in the CL, and at every presser the likes of Xavi or Rijkaard or Barca's presidents would moan about United not playing football the right way, and how a defeat for Barca would be a dark day for football. It was all about being holier than thou and nothing to do with the average fan's sensibilities.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
They are also the biggest hypocrites around. Hate PSG and everything they stand for and yet continously big up City. I don't think they follow a club, they follow a Pep **** which is disturbing.

roonster09

FA Cup Predictions 2023/2024 winner
Scout
They are also the biggest hypocrites around. Hate PSG and everything they stand for and yet continously big up City. I don't think they follow a club, they follow a Pep **** which is disturbing.
Exactly. They had a big meltdown when Neymar was signed and how PSG are evil powers, then like City because they play attacking football.

IIRC some of the Bayern fans are same too, before Pep became City manager, they were seen as evil club but once Pep became manager they like City.

serghei

Supports
FC Barcelona
It doesn't just mean attacking football. I recall very well during the 08-11 years when United and Barcelona were meeting regularly in the CL, and at every presser the likes of Xavi or Rijkaard or Barca's presidents would moan about United not playing football the right way, and how a defeat for Barca would be a dark day for football. It was all about being holier than thou and nothing to do with the average fan's sensibilities.
Maybe Xavi was refering to the 2008 tie when you parked the bus. Don't remember pressers with him slamming other teams except when they played anti-football or used shenanigans (like making the pitch a potato field) to get a result.

Maybe you can provide a link of some sort to back that up. I remember Xavi saying he looked up to Scholes.

Denis79

Had a discussion a few years back with a friend of a friend, we started talking football and I said that I personally enjoyed the type of football Bayern played under Heynckes over Barcelona with Pep. He started started a argument about it being the wrong way to play football and how it won't hold up in the end, Bayern ended up with the treble the season after. But the funny part is that he actually took offence for me preferring their football over Barcas.

Infordin

Supports
Barcelona
Having one of the greatest front 3 in the history of football helps?
Look at your midfield, routinely overrun in big games and lacking so much creativity that Messi is dropping deeper and deeper taking him away from a struggling Suarez.
Those are genuine problems that has Messi putting out fire after fire. Theres a reason you're overrating your keeper, its because he now has a lot more to do.
Its ok though, you'll sign Coutinho and Ozil to overload your attack again so we can all pretend your supporting cast are all world class players.
Barcelona 3-0 Bayern Munich
Barcelona 3-1 Juventus
Real Madrid 0-4 Barcelona (no Messi)
Barcelona 6-1 PSG
Real Madrid 2-3 Barcelona (no Neymar)

In these games against top class opposition, we controlled the midfield and created the majority of chances. That's despite the fact that our coach was a clueless fraud who got sacked by Roma. How exactly is that possible without a spine of elite players? Please explain.
Those dominating haydays are getting further and further into the past. You've done nothing in Europe since winning the CL ( Apart from the PSG freakshow) yet these players are still held aloft as the best in their generation this and that?
Nah buddy, you'll find few neutrals who rate those players as high as you do.
Edit Im not even comparing you to Utd but to the individual standard you think you're at.
2014/15 - won the treble
2015/16 - won the double
2016/17 - won the CDR and finished 3 points behind Madrid. Our worst seasons in recent memory.
2017/18 - leading La Liga by 7 points right now, beat Juventus 3-0 in the group stage

We are supposedly declining. We won 6 major trophies in 3 years under Luis Enrique. Any English team would chop their bollocks off to win the Champions League, 2 Premier League titles and 3 FA Cups in 3 years.

Let me ask: who exactly do you think has a better starting XI than us? Real Madrid, yes. Who else?

Last edited:

Akshay

Staff
Had a discussion a few years back with a friend of a friend, we started talking football and I said that I personally enjoyed the type of football Bayern played under Heynckes over Barcelona with Pep. He started started a argument about it being the wrong way to play football and how it won't hold up in the end, Bayern ended up with the treble the season after. But the funny part is that he actually took offence for me preferring their football over Barcas.
Yeah, it's a weird mentality. My favourite United goals are the rapid counterattacks, when we went from our own box to the opposite end and scored within seconds. Or a wonder dribble by the likes of Giggs or Cantona. Not a goal which comes at the end of a 50 pass sequence, most of them involving the defenders.

Pep conceded this himself last year, when he said that the English style of end to end football is probably more entertaining for the fans than his preferred slow build up. If what constitutes playing 'the right way' is determined by fan preferences, then maybe tiki taka is more anti-football than its supporters would have you believe.

serghei

Supports
FC Barcelona
I especially like how a lot of posts start with "I had a discussion once with a Barca fan who...".

I had a discussion once with a United fan who didn't know that if players are in their own half when they receive a pass then it's not offside.

Should I create a thread "United fans are the most clueless". I'd have infinite ammo considering there's 100 times more United fans around here than fans of any other team. I think not, as fans are very much alike no matter what team they support.

I'm sure United's fans are perceived as the most arrogant and self entitled in England. It's hard not to when you support a leading club.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
You were discussing football on Twitter. What did you expect?

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I wouldn't take Alba, I simply don't rate him.
If I were offered Alba tomorrow or having to wait until the summer with Young and upgrade then I would choose the latter.
Yeah but that's because you're dreaming of someone 'ideal'?. In truth, he's miles better than anyone we've managed to field in that position since Evra was great, and has been one of the best fulbacks in the game over the last 4-5 years. To say that we shouldn't sign anyone from Barcelona because they wouldn't improve us is a wierd thing to say.

Hawks2008

You've hit the nail on the head. It goes beyond just appreciation for a former manager.

cyberman

@amolbhatia50k
Its because the "old" transfer rumour that was mocked is from 8 months ago and in those 8 months there are better alternatives out there.
Alba is as much of a dream signing as anyone else so holding out for a perfect LB isn't as far fetched as saying " Ah ok, I guess we'll take Alba then".
I simply do not rate Alba higher than other top fullbacks. He doesn't offer the consistent penetration when he hasn't got a Neymar in front of him and his delivery would receive Valencia levels of abuse if he joined us.

Infordin

Supports
Barcelona
I simply do not rate Alba higher than other top fullbacks. He doesn't offer the consistent penetration when he hasn't got a Neymar in front of him and his delivery would receive Valencia levels of abuse if he joined us.
You clearly don’t watch us play. Alba has bossed the left hand side this season, consistent two way traffic. If anything, he has improved since Neymar left. Neymar always ignored Alba’s overlapping runs.

Alba is better than any left back in the Premier League.

JoaquinJoaquin

Who was that Barca guy on Twitter who had a meltdown because they got beat by PSG last season and then left Twitter in a strop? That was hilarious. Think he was called Sergi Dominguez or something like that.