Barcelona vs Manchester United | Build-up Thread

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
They're playing now, full strength. Hopefully Villarreal give them a tough game.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
I don't feel much stress before this game, mainly because we look pretty decent defensively (when Casemiro is playing that is). Offensively we're doing enough but I don't think we have enough to beat them.
It would be a different story if we were full strength (Martial, Sancho and Antony fully fit), but Rashford alone won't be enough probably. And it's OK, we have other cups and domestic league still a lot to play for.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
I don't feel much stress before this game, mainly because we look pretty decent defensively (when Casemiro is playing that is). Offensively we're doing enough but I don't think we have enough to beat them.
It would be a different story if we were full strength (Martial, Sancho and Antony fully fit), but Rashford alone won't be enough probably. And it's OK, we have other cups and domestic league still a lot to play for.
Same. It's not that I don't care about the EL, but there are far too many games and I'd rather we prioritise the league cup final and a strong finish to the league. It will be nice watching this game with the pressure off and not really caring about the result.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
It's typical that we're basically playing one of the most in-form teams in Europe, alongside Napoli, in the fecking play-off of the EL. Bloody hell.

matija1878

Anybody knows where will the fans gather before the game? I'll be there so I'd like join. Thank You!

Hughie77

If this was CL quater final say, I'd be more excited about it, its still a big game because its Barca, but it's a Europa league playoff...

The aim imo is to win the Europa league to get into the CL. With us going very well in league a CL place is top 4 which looks OK at present .

I'd still want us to go through in this tie but it's not a massive miss if we don't. This season

Rightnr

Looking through the list of the remaining teams, their current form and general pedigree, this should practically be the final.

I know surprises happen but I'd be amazed if the winner here didn't at least make the final (or if not loses to the eventual winner).

el3mel

Just play like this at Old Trafford and we should get through.

I really, really want to get one over these lot. I hate how much we lose and got KOed by them. Just for once knock them out and defeat them, for God's sake.

Rightnr

One of Antony, the Butcher and Sabitzer back and we'd boss these.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
2nd leg

--------------------De Gea--------------------
Dalot---Varane---Martinez---Shaw
-------------------Casemiro-------------------
-------Sabitzer--------------Fred-------
Fernandes--Rashford--Sancho

Hopefully the bench looks healthier as well

colombianmancunian

We’ll have Licha, Sabitzer and Antony available for the second leg. We will be playing at home. Let’s knock the cnuts out!

tentan

Poor man's poster.
The League cup final it straight after right?

Wonder if Ten Hag will risk all his players.

Rightnr

I am not surprised. Barca and United are two of the top 3 most supported clubs in football, alongside Madrid, in my opinion.

PSG and Bayern doesn't come close. Also the times were different.

r1z3mu

I'm not sure why PSG is even mentioned with likes of MU, Barca or Real.

Rightnr

PSG are pretty big internationally. Nowhere near the top clubs but I imagine top 15, even top 10?

Quick google search puts them 4th by social media fans, so I think people are underestimating them.

NYAS

Busquets back on the bench for them tonight v Cadiz, so they’ll have a functional midfield on Thursday.