g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Barcelona vs. Manchester United

Tareq

Livvie's Favourite Jordanian.
WE are missing someone who would flourish in such games, we missed him in 2009 his name is Owen Hargreaves, the boy (when fit) has incredible energy, played the 120 mints in Moscow and scored from the spot....

Tareq

Livvie's Favourite Jordanian.
THis REf is not the best around, he was clearly affected by Bayern players calling for Da Silva to be carded last season, and he let Van Buyten's tackle on Rooney in the 1st half to be unpunished,,,dont like him, the guy who sent Fletcher off in the 2nd leg semi final in 2009 ( forgot his name) is better choice

Maciej

Known for "good moanings" not only in the morning
Millions of people predicts line-ups for the final, but when Fabregas does it, it's laughable. I don't know why. And you should also see that he probably did it for nike, that's the sort of questions like "why the feck he speaks about us?" when a player/manager talk about United at press conferences. People forgot that they doesn't start with "United, bla bla bla", but they are asked by journos. He was probably asked by nike to present his line-up. That's what I mean.

championo

Top Stalker
Ah rite. Nah i was just laughing at the irony of Fabregas, the captain of the side that get ass raped every year by Barcelona, offering his expert opinion.
It is ok for him to do it, this is a fun game coming up. Don't let some rivalry turn you into something else.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Ah rite. Nah i was just laughing at the irony of Fabregas, the captain of the side that get ass raped every year by Barcelona, offering his expert opinion.
If Bendtner wasn't so shit Arsenal would have knocked Barcelona out.

Adzzz

Astrophysical Genius - Hard for Grinner
Staff
It's quite funny seeing him beside one of our potential line ups, but Fabregas obviously understands football, obviously understands Barcelona on an actual professional level, so it's not really funny.

Kinda bizarre, but not funny.

Anyhow, Adzz tip:

Feeling nervous? Nothing 14 pints of Stella won't cure.

Lynk

Obsessed with discrediting Danny Welbeck
Barca have arrived in Arsenal's training ground.

Adzzz

Astrophysical Genius - Hard for Grinner
Staff
Sir Bobby Charlton:

As Charlton, the captain, picked up the trophy he felt the weight, also, of the victims of Munich: ‘It was 10 years since the crash, you know. Meant to be? Maybe. But then with Duncan we Babes were meant to win the 1958 European Cup and to keep on winning it for several years to come. So in some small way every one of these finals is for Duncan and all those we lost.’

Big-Red

Not actually very big
Staff
Supports
this year is my year on SM
Just thinking how up for this all the players who were beaten in 09 must be, it's more than a chance to win the Champions League, it's a chance to repair any damage done to reputations in Rome. We weren't beaten, we just left after 10mins.

SO feckING UP FOR THIS!!!!!

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
But I can never second-guess Alex.

In the boardroom before matches we see who can get closest to his team before the sheet comes up. The best I’ve done is eight out of the 11.

Pep Guardiola is a terrific coach but I doubt he will get close before they name the line-ups.

Sir Bobby Charlton in a recent interview

If fans as knowledgeable as Sir Bobby and David Gill can only get this close, what chance do we have! :lol:

He's right, Im often bemused by his team selections, have been wildly wrong and yet 19 times out of 20, SAF is always vindicated. ie Rule no 1 about being a United fan in the SAF era: Never ever doubt SAF!!!

Reading this, Im sure we're in for a surprise. Wonder what that might be!

United Fan 101

Holds a Ph.D. in Football
The more I think about it, the more I fancy this game to go the distance. From there it's quite the lottery, because a bounce of the ball wins you the game and if it doesn't, you go to penalty kicks - so really, toss a coin and you'll find the winner.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
I was wondering if it would help us helping Fabio on the left wing instead of Evra?

Remember what Mourinho did with Boswinga against Barca? He played a right footed full back on the left wing to take care of Messi because the latter also cuts inside. So technically it is easier for a right foot to guard someone cutting in on the left wing than for a left footer. And Fabio being primarily a right foot might help us and he certainly has the pace to keep up with Messi. O'Shea is too slow.

Cutch

Northern Ireland. Stretty W3102, Row 2, Seat 129
I was wondering if it would help us helping Fabio on the left wing instead of Evra?

Remember what Mourinho did with Boswinga against Barca? He played a right footed full back on the left wing to take care of Messi because the latter also cuts inside. So technically it is easier for a right foot to guard someone cutting in on the left wing than for a left footer. And Fabio being primarily a right foot might help us and he certainly has the pace to keep up with Messi. O'Shea is too slow.
Messi plays as the central attacker but. It'll be Pedro spending the majority of the time on the right.

RedThaiDevils#7

Married with Manchester United, In love with Giggs

Problem is, Messi is going to create havoc from the center.

Pedro + Villa out wide so its the DM spot I'm more worried about.

Messi was nullified by Pepe' but I don't think Fletcher is fit enough to do the job and Carrick isn't the type to stick to a player.

Park ? We'd lose our most on form LW if we played him in the center.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
park, carrick and anderson must start in midfield.

those 3 will be the defensive core in the center. valencia/nani and rooney can aid them in the middle and also are an attacking threat.

little pea should start aswell to ensure that they defend deep in there half rather than higher up which makes it too compact for our midfield.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
I think we will break our attendance record for the website come Saturday. We are 5,755 right now and I am sure there will be more people than that reading our forum on Saturday. Hopefully there will no be crashes.

Suedesi

Iniesta worries me more than Messi.

Andres was injured in Rome, and was a class above the rest, this time he we will be fit... fckn hell

phelans shorts

That may have a point if Messi was ever on the right this season, which he hasn't been...

We all know how they're going line up, it's

Valdes
Alves-Puyol-Pique-Abidal
Busquets
Xavi-Iniesta
Pedro--------Villa
Messi​

How do you stop that? Well defensively they lack pace with the exception of Alves, who will spend most of the game further forward anyway, so pace up front is vital, making Cheech vital. Busquets is a horrible human being, but my god can he play football, Rooney will be vital knicking the ball off him, getting him riled (obviously that can backfire with Sergio riling Wayne, but he has more maturity than the Spaniard).

The central midfield you can't compete with, the best hope is with Giggs and Carrick who allow us fast counter attacks like we have played so often in these big games. Out wide as mentioned Alves will attack, so Park as always in huge games will be on the left tracking the horrid Brazilian, on the other wing you can't look past Valencia in his current form, especially when mixed with Nani's poor form since the Liverpool game.

The defence all but speaks for itself, it's one of the twins at right back, going off form it should be Fabio, centre backs speak for themselves with Ferdinand and Vidic and the left back is as always Evra, with Van Der Sar in goal.

Basically this,

Kaos

I heard they will announce on Wednesday.

Errrm scratch that, it is Nicola Rizzoli

My source is legit I think

He is the dude who sent off Rafael in the Bayern match. We have to be careful with him
Barcelona will have a field day with him :mad:

Looks like we have to fight fire with fire...or fanny with fanny to be more apt. Unleash the Nani!

wr8_utd

:'(
Where did AAO's thread go :confused:

Anyway I'm happy VidaRed has done this now!

RedThaiDevils#7

Married with Manchester United, In love with Giggs
park, carrick and anderson must start in midfield.

those 3 will be the defensive core in the center. valencia/nani and rooney can aid them in the middle and also are an attacking threat.

little pea should start aswell to ensure that they defend deep in there half rather than higher up which makes it too compact for our midfield.
I can't believe you left Giggsy out !

Neo_Mufc

Anyone think we might leave Chico out and Fergie might opt to flood the midfield with Rooney up top?

championo

Top Stalker
Anyone think we might leave Chico out and Fergie might opt to flood the midfield with Rooney up top?
I will guess it has crossed his mind, but he sees chico's pace as our way to keep Barca on a leash.
I will go with
....................................VDS..................................

Fabio................Rio..........................Vidic............Evra
Valencia..........Carrick....................Anderson...........Park
...................................Rooney.................................
................................Hernandez...............................