LM: Park

CF: Rooney
CF: Hernandez

Subs: PIG, O'Shea, Smalling, Scholes, Anderson, Nani, Owen

So no Fletch, Berba or Rafael in my squad :(

1-2 UTD, Hernandez for us, Villa for them, Owen with the winner :devil:

RedThaiDevils#7

Married with Manchester United, In love with Giggs
I will guess it has crossed his mind, but he sees chico's pace as our way to keep Barca on a leash.
I will go with
....................................VDS..................................

Fabio................Rio..........................Vidic............Evra
Valencia..........Carrick....................Anderson...........Park
...................................Rooney.................................
................................Hernandez...............................

No Giggsy ? With his current form I thought he should be the No.1 choice in everybody's book.

Neo_Mufc

I will guess it has crossed his mind, but he sees chico's pace as our way to keep Barca on a leash.
I will go with
It's important to get the balance between defence and attack spot on and if we opt to leave Hernandez out, sometimes Rooney does play deep and it could hinder our attacking options at times. Hernandez should play up on his own similar as he has done recently.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
When Messi scored against us in the final, was that his first ever goal against an English team?

Kaos

If we were a goal down and Michael Owen was to come in at the dying minutes and pull a Solskjaer, would he be viewed as a legend?

Siorac

Is that good or bad?
Well... I happen to know him personally (not very well, just met him a few times): he's a serious and likeable person, quite determined and committed to his chosen profession.

As far as I'm aware, he was in charge of one United game: when we beat Dinamo Kyev 4-2; he didn't hesitate to award a penalty for a handball. He officiated the Germany v Spain semi-final at the World Cup and he did a good job there; he's got experience at the highest level and isn't fazed by big stars. He's not the fussy type who's constantly blowing that whistle for every little niggle, he's quite sensible in that aspect.

In short, I think it's good. But we'll see. Hopefully the fact that week in, week out he has to officiate in one of the crappiest leagues ever hasn't had a detrimental effect on him.

stubie

VDS

O'Shea-Rio-Vidic-Evra

Valencia-Carrick-Giggs-Park

Rooney-Hernandez

I think having O'Shea experience at right back will be key. We all know how the Germans conned the same ref into sending Rafael off last season.

2-1

Iniesta 6mins
Rooney 91mins
Hernandez 93mins

VoetbalWizard

Well... I happen to know him personally (not very well, just met him a few times): he's a serious and likeable person, quite determined and committed to his chosen profession.

As far as I'm aware, he was in charge of one United game: when we beat Dinamo Kyev 4-2; he didn't hesitate to award a penalty for a handball. He officiated the Germany v Spain semi-final at the World Cup and he did a good job there; he's got experience at the highest level and isn't fazed by big stars. He's not the fussy type who's constantly blowing that whistle for every little niggle, he's quite sensible in that aspect.

In short, I think it's good. But we'll see. Hopefully the fact that week in, week out he has to officiate in one of the crappiest leagues ever hasn't had a detrimental effect on him.
slip him a bung mate!

Bryan_Munich

Aka RichieRich12
VDS

O'Shea-Rio-Vidic-Evra

Valencia-Carrick-Giggs-Park

Rooney-Hernandez

I think having O'Shea experience at right back will be key. We all know how the Germans conned the same ref into sending Rafael off last season.

2-1

Iniesta 6mins
Rooney 91mins
Hernandez 93mins
I think that line-up could well be spot on, 4-4-1-1 if I'm nitpicking. :)

Siorac

I still don't think O'Shea will start, considering he played 70 minutes in Gary's testimonial and struggled with injury before that.

I expect Fabio.

Crustanoid

I had a dream where we won 1-0 with a scrappy tap in from Hernandez right on 90 minutes

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Is it Saturday yet? Is it Saturday yet? Is it Saturday yet? Is it Saturday yet? Is it Saturday yet? Is it Saturday yet? Is it Saturday yet? Is it Saturday yet? Is it Saturday yet? Is it Saturday yet? Is it Saturday yet? Is it Saturday yet? Is it Saturday yet? Is it Saturday yet? Is it Saturday yet? Is it Saturday yet? Is it Saturday yet? Is it Saturday yet? Is it Saturday yet? Is it Saturday yet? Is it Saturday yet? Is it Saturday yet? Is it Saturday yet? Is it Saturday yet? Is it Saturday yet? Is it Saturday yet? Is it Saturday yet? Is it Saturday yet? Is it Saturday yet? Is it Saturday yet? Is it Saturday yet? Is it Saturday yet? Is it Saturday yet? Is it Saturday yet? Is it Saturday yet? Is it Saturday yet? Is it Saturday yet? Is it Saturday yet? Is it Saturday yet? Is it Saturday yet? Is it Saturday yet? Is it Saturday yet? Is it Saturday yet? Is it Saturday yet? Is it Saturday yet? Is it Saturday yet? Is it Saturday yet? Is it Saturday yet? Is it Saturday yet? Is it Saturday yet? Is it Saturday yet? Is it Saturday yet? Is it Saturday yet? Is it Saturday yet? Is it Saturday yet? Is it Saturday yet? Is it Saturday yet? Is it Saturday yet? Is it Saturday yet? Is it Saturday yet? Is it Saturday yet? Is it Saturday yet? Is it Saturday yet? Is it Saturday yet? Is it Saturday yet? Is it Saturday yet? Is it Saturday yet? Is it Saturday yet? Is it Saturday yet? Is it Saturday yet? Is it Saturday yet? Is it Saturday yet? Is it Saturday yet? Is it Saturday yet? Is it Saturday yet? Is it Saturday yet? Is it Saturday yet? Is it Saturday yet? Is it Saturday yet? Is it Saturday yet? Is it Saturday yet? Is it Saturday yet? Is it Saturday yet? Is it Saturday yet? Is it Saturday yet? Is it Saturday yet? Is it Saturday yet? Is it Saturday yet? Is it Saturday yet? Is it Saturday yet? Is it Saturday yet? Is it Saturday yet? Is it Saturday yet? Is it Saturday yet? Is it Saturday yet? Is it Saturday yet? Is it Saturday yet? Is it Saturday yet? Is it Saturday yet? Is it Saturday yet? Is it Saturday yet? Is it Saturday yet? Is it Saturday yet? Is it Saturday yet? Is it Saturday yet? Is it Saturday yet? Is it Saturday yet? Is it Saturday yet? Is it Saturday yet? Is it Saturday yet?

Is it fecking Saturday yet?

Siorac

And I'd be amazed if Guardiola based his tactics on the Sun's revelations.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Hungarian Viktor Kassai will referee Barcelona v United at Wembley.

Carl

True, he's going to look rather silly if it's not accurate.

I'd say if it turns out to be correct it's because he had some info. rather than an educated guess.
Why do you make that assumption? Numerous people on this very forum have predicted that exact line up. Does that mean they received inside info also?

Fact is, that's the team we used in the 2 semi finals against Schalke and the game in the league against Chelsea.

I'll also add that I doubt this has given the Barcelona staff any more information that they already had. It will make no difference whatsoever.

Bryan_Munich

Aka RichieRich12
Why do you make that assumption? Numerous people on this very forum have predicted that exact line up. Does that mean they received inside info also?
Of course not, but they're not putting their journalistic reputation on the line by being so adamant about it.

Fact is, that's the team we used in the 2 semi finals against Schalke and the game in the league against Chelsea.

I'll also add that I doubt this has given the Barcelona staff any more information that they already had. It will make no difference whatsoever.
The comment about giving Guardiola the line-up was tounge-in-cheek really.

Siorac

Of course not, but they're not putting their journalistic reputation on the line by being so adamant about it.

I'd say Neil Custis' journalistic reputation isn't in any danger of getting worse than it is now.

Carl

Why on Earth not? They claim "exclusives" every day.

It's The Sun.

You mentioned it in 2 threads with no smiley faces to give away your intentions in either....

Denis' cuff

I was wondering if it would help us helping Fabio on the left wing instead of Evra?

Remember what Mourinho did with Boswinga against Barca? He played a right footed full back on the left wing to take care of Messi because the latter also cuts inside. So technically it is easier for a right foot to guard someone cutting in on the left wing than for a left footer. And Fabio being primarily a right foot might help us and he certainly has the pace to keep up with Messi. O'Shea is too slow.

load of toss - Sheasy will start - reads the game well and stays on his feet which will be important against this lot who would go down as soon as Rafael gets within 2 yards -the fact that he played the other night sheds some doubt but if you took all that literally we'd all know the lineup. We think we know it anyway, but there's ussually at least one or two that we didn't see coming