Kick-off
Tue, 16 April 2019 @ 8:00pm BST
Status

Closed

Discussion Live Updates 1 Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

JohnnyKills

For those familiar with the town please... My hotel is just 500 yards from the stadium and I arrive Barcelona 4 hours to kick off. What's the most efficient route to take in ticket collection at Hotel Center, my hotel and stadium in time for kick off? Thanks!
    I'd go straight to the ticket collection and then go to your hotel from there.

Get taxi or aerobus from the airport to Placa Catalunya. Then you can walk to Hotel Center (it's about 20 mins on foot).

Then get the metro from Diagonal tube station (near Hotel Center) to Les Corts or Maria Cristina, which are the two stations that serve the stadium. You need the green line (L3) and it's about 25 minutes.

Jacob

Going to the fecking Nou camp and needing to win. If we somehow pull this off, I would say that our name is on the trophy this year. Here’s hoping.
    Mean reversion. If we pull off two miracles in consecutive rounds, we've used up all our energy and luck ahead of the semis.

Okey

I'd go straight to the ticket collection and then go to your hotel from there.

Get taxi or aerobus from the airport to Placa Catalunya. Then you can walk to Hotel Center (it's about 20 mins on foot).

Then get the metro from Diagonal tube station (near Hotel Center) to Les Corts or Maria Cristina, which are the two stations that serve the stadium. You need the green line (L3) and it's about 25 minutes.
    Thank you so much Johnny. Much appreciated

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
    You have forgotten the PSG game already? I know Barca are better but with a bit of luck we can do it.
    they are a lot better than PSG. I actually think PSG are poor and very susceptible. time and gain they look to have ties won and don't plus have no opposition in France. Barca are totally different

breakout67

Supports
    Man City
    PSG lost their best player, without Neymar PSG are nothing special, he tore Liverpool a new arse in Paris earlier this season. The only way we win this is if Messi does a dissappearing act like he did in the 1st leg, we're gonna need Mcterminator to step up.

Moiraine

I am going with 5 at the back or with two wing-backs and 3 at the back, whichever way you see it.

----------------DeGea-----------------
    -----Jones---Smalling--Lindelof------
    Dalot----------------------------Young
    -----------------Fred------------------
    -------McTominay----Pogba----------
    -----Lukaku-------Rashford----------

Subs: Sanchez, Martial, Greenwood

2-1 to United

Varun

Staff
    they are a lot better than PSG. I actually think PSG are poor and very susceptible. time and gain they look to have ties won and don't plus have no opposition in France. Barca are totally different
    They're nothing special. Messi masterclass aside, we can beat them. Let's hope we do because if we don't, pool will.

deadrevelz

Barca players, coach and fans all being very arrogant ahead of the game. Putting out a rumour about Barca wanting to sign Rashford for £100m just before yet more pettiness.

I really hope we find a way to beat these cnuts.

Cait Sith

They are nothing special, just 100 out of 109 games unbeaten under Valverde.

Ban

Too much positivity here lads and too few we'll get mauled, destroyed, get our arses handed to us posts.

crossy1686

career ending
    I did. Rashford was terrible, what's your point?

That's not what I'm saying, I'm saying Rashford with Lukaku is a poor combination, either one with Martial would be fine, or play a front 3.
    Terrible? Forced the keeper into an error with a long range shot, terrified their defence with his pace, forced a defender into making a back pass that Lukaku scored from and took a penalty in the dying seconds of the game for us to win.

You have completely unrealistic expectations if you think there was anything terrible about his performance.

Vadim

I’m always positive and tell the doom merchants off in here.

But tonight will be a straightforward 2-0 win for Barca.

Season finished last week for me.

Havak

Pokemon master
    Barcelona are actually quite heavy favourites for winning the Champion's League at the moment, which surprises me.

As others have said, other than Messi having a good performance I really don't think this Barca side is that good. Of course they're still excellent and in the top five teams in Europe, but even from the remaining teams in the competition there are at least three better IMO. If they do give us a bit of a thumping tonight then I'll have to eat the humble pie, but I expect another tight game and if Barca go through I think Liverpool will knock them out without a massive struggle.

Trizy

For those familiar with the town please... My hotel is just 500 yards from the stadium and I arrive Barcelona 4 hours to kick off. What's the most efficient route to take in ticket collection at Hotel Center, my hotel and stadium in time for kick off? Thanks!
    Not been there in 2 years and it was just a holiday but the subway system is fantastic and super cheap. The map is colour coded by which line you need to take.

Google maps should sort the entire trip for you.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
    They will still be talking about this game 50 years now.

"Where were you on the night Messi and Barca got battered?!"

PoTMS

Need simultaneous warm up injuries to Messi, Ter Stegen and Pique to stand a chance.

Trizy

PSG lost their best player, without Neymar PSG are nothing special, he tore Liverpool a new arse in Paris earlier this season. The only way we win this is if Messi does a dissappearing act like he did in the 1st leg, we're gonna need Mcterminator to step up.
    McDominayte :drool:

Raven

Terrible? Forced the keeper into an error with a long range shot, terrified their defence with his pace, forced a defender into making a back pass that Lukaku scored from and took a penalty in the dying seconds of the game for us to win.

You have completely unrealistic expectations if you think there was anything terrible about his performance.
    He tried to do everything on his own, which is a feature of his play, game in game out. He destroys countless moves for us through his brainless, selfishness on the ball.

I rate him highly and think he could be a big player for United for the future, but his decision making is a joke at the moment. It's incredibly frustrating to watch, I wonder how infuriating it must be to play alongside.

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
    If we somehow get the first goal here...it's game on.

I actually recall saying the exact same thing before the 2nd leg at PSG.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
    I am going with 5 at the back or with two wing-backs and 3 at the back, whichever way you see it.

----------------DeGea-----------------
    -----Jones---Smalling--Lindelof------
    Dalot----------------------------Young
    -----------------Fred------------------
    -------McTominay----Pogba----------
    -----Lukaku-------Rashford----------

Subs: Sanchez, Martial, Greenwood

2-1 to United
    I was just trying team predictions... impossible.

Went with five at back like you based on West Ham game. No idea of the rest.

Jonno

I honestly can't see Barca being as poor as PSG were against us. PSG gifted us with momentum and the perfect type of game to recover in. We played really well in taking our chances and capitalising, but I just don't see Barca having such poor game management at the Nou Camp tonight.

I expect Barca to keep the ball for lengthy periods and pick us apart.

We might get 1-2 chances per half and if we do we really need to take them to be within a chance.

TheRedDevil'sAdvocate

They are nothing special, just 100 out of 109 games unbeaten under Valverde.
    Freaking unbelievable, isn't it? They're definitely not as special as their 2009, 2011 or 2015 versions but then you look at these stats and you realize how difficult it still is to beat them. May our good fortune under Ole long continue because they do have weaknesses nowadays. We're not a well-drilled side yet in order to exploit these weaknesses to the maximum but football is a funny game. If we can manage to stay within a goal's reach until the last 20 minutes, anything could happen.

Member 115509

I have to be honest, going into this game with zero expectation of a positive outcome, so anything good that happens is a bonus.
    United need to play well individually and collectively and hope Barcelona aren't at their best, it will be tough but can look to the win in Paris for a bit of inspiration. Barcelona are a better side than PSG, but going into this United are only one goal down as opposed to two going to Paris.

Buster15

Go on Didier
    Supports
    Bristol Rovers
    Of course there is no certainty, us beating them in their stadium is highly unlikely though
    That is true. It would be an even more fantastic result than beating PSG away but anything can happen in football as long as we are still in the game.

I just want us to compete for every ball and get to every challenge first. We may not have the quality of Barca but the players must remember who they are playing for and give it 100% for United.

AgentP

I would have not been confident if we had gone in with a one goal lead. It's almost impossible with a one goal deficit. But let's hope for another miracle today. Going in with zero expectations.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Player Ratings

3.9 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 355.64285714286 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Barcelona win
  • Draw