Bastian Schweinsteiger

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drifter

American
(GSM) - Bayern München midfielder Bastian Schweinsteiger has revealed that he could leave Allianz Arena this summer.

The Germany international, who is set to play a key role for the national team in South Africa, is currently a part of Louis van Gaal's treble chasing side.

However, the 25-year-old has been given some stick from Bayern fans earlier this season when things were not going according to the Bavarian's way, a factor which could prompt a move.

The midfielder told Bild newspaper: "It was often the case in the first half of the season that I would misplace a pass in the first 20 minutes and I would be whistled at immediately.

"There were even whistles for me at the annual general meeting and that hurt."

He added: "You never know what happens after a World Cup.

"I am really happy that we played such a good season, but to say now that I will always play for Bayern Munich would be wrong.

"Then if you do actually move, it would be an unfair proclamation to make to the fans."

If he did choose to leave Bayern, Schweinsteiger admitted that the Premier League would be an attractive destination.

He added: "When things were not going well, we were being whistled at immediately in the Allianz Arena, but that sort of thing does not happen in England.

"I would like to have the whole stadium behind us even in difficult times."

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Now there's a man that can shoot a ball from distance. The problem is that he's German:nervous:

Chadwick's Acne

Is he good enough for OT?
Yes. Without doubt. He's very versatile and can play right across the midfield, great shooting from distance, fantastic crosser/passer.

Don't think he's that old either?!? Remember him being very young at the last World Cup...

EDIT - 25 as pointed out in the OP.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
Yes. Without doubt. He's very versatile and can play right across the midfield, great shooting from distance, fantastic crosser/passer.

Don't think he's that old either?!? Remember him being very young at the last World Cup...

EDIT - 25 as pointed out in the OP.
i'm trying to imagine him beside fletcher or hargreaves in a midfield...

big fella aswell isnt he?

Epic

Reinvented himself as a holding midfield player this season. Would be a good signing.

Chadwick's Acne

i'm trying to imagine him beside fletcher or hargreaves in a midfield...

big fella aswell isnt he?
Yeah, he's a powerful player.

I think he'd be fantastic in a midfield four with Valencia on the right, Nani on the left and Fletcher in the middle or in a five behind Rooney with those same three players and a Carrick/Hargreaves/Scholes/Giggs/Gibson/Anderson.

His versatility would enable the likes of Nani to swap over between attacking centrally or on the flanks. He'd be a great signing if it was possible.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Yeah. Is he a "typical german" though
He's very Aryan looking and has a cracking German name. Doesn't get more German on the outside than him.

All jokes aside, he'd be an excellent addition. Great passer and has a monstrous shot.

Shimo

One of my favorite players on the German national side but, dislike him in a Bayern shirt.

I do fancy him as a central mid for us in that he has a good shot, he is tenacious, he doesn't take crap and has good attacking instincts as well as defensive.

I'd love to see him at United ... can just imagine saying Bastian you Basterd for missing that chance .... fookin pig fooker ....

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Decent enough player. No better than what we have. I'd take him if it was him or nothing but i'm hoping we're going after someone with a bit more quality.

davisjw

He'd be a monster in a 4-3-3, playing in the middle alongside Hargreaves and Fletcher with Valencia and Nani on the wings and Rooney up top.

Switch to a 4-4-2 and he can play either side or through the middle.

I personally rate him very high, then again I also rate Prince Podolski high :rolleyes:

Sojiro

Formerly MST3K
"Sometimes you're not sure about a player,&qu
One of my favorite players on the German national side but, dislike him in a Bayern shirt.

I do fancy him as a central mid for us in that he has a good shot, he is tenacious, he doesn't take crap and has good attacking instincts as well as defensive.

I'd love to see him at United ... can just imagine saying Bastian you Basterd for missing that chance .... fookin pig fooker ....
He does seem to influence the national team more than bayern, however he has a good cross on him and a cannon of a long range shot. Versatile and good at set pieces.

We could do alot worse that's for sure.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Decent enough player. No better than what we have. I'd take him if it was him or nothing but i'm hoping we're going after someone with a bit more quality.
I'd have said the same last year, but he's taken his game up a couple of levels this season.

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
Who was the last German to play for our first team? Have we had any? Don't think Zieler has had any FT matches.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
we've had no Germans in the first team. They were linked to park. I wonder if they'd do a deal for bastian/robben for park/berbatov :D throw in carrick too kidding..

Sir Matt

Blue Devil
we've had no Germans in the first team. They were linked to park. I wonder if they'd do a deal for bastian/robben for park/berbatov :D throw in carrick too kidding..
I'd rather get rid of Carrick than Park.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
I'd rather get rid of Carrick than Park.
;) nah it was just there was a 'rumor' linking them to park. Hopefully Park builds on this season. Had some good moments

Pat_Mustard

I'm so gorgeous they want to put me under arrest!
A never-nude? I thought he just liked cut-offs.
Surprising that. I remember we supposedly came pretty close to signing Markus Babbel about a year or two before he went to Liverpool, and iirc Fergie said he tried to sign Jurgen Kohler at one stage too.

Schweinsteiger would be a very good signing. Very versatile and well-rounded.

BaldwinLegend

I like him, he's a big, arrogant, overcompetitive German man with a winning mentality and a bit of flair too.
I always thought that too - when he's playing he looks like he's got a bit of Effenberg about him but actually when he's interviewed he comes across as quite a quiet, decent guy.

I think he's good at turning his competitive spirit on when he crosses the line onto the pitch.

Having said all that I don't think a squad already featuring Park, Hargreaves and Fletcher really has room for Schweinsteiger. I'm not sure he has the pace to really make an impact as a winger in the PL either...

I'd still love to see him get stuck into the PL though...

Status
Not open for further replies.