Bayern Munich 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

kaiser1

Supports
Bayern Munich
Are Bayern fans happy with Lucas Hernandez?
I am happy with him, he is young 23yrs, he grew up in a defensive setup a Atletico, Can cover 2 positions
Of all available defenders Only Deligt would have been closer to Hernandez but he is very young and still needs to develop

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Delighted with Hernandez coming but not so cuffed about the price. I guess you have to spend this much to get the best talent.

But with Pavard, Sule and Hernandez Bayern have 3 potentially world class defenders, along with two experienced ones in Hummel and Boateng.

Last edited:

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
I haven't seen enough of him to be able to tell. Someone sure is very convinced by him to sign him on a five year contract with knee damage.
At least we're having him undergo surgery while still at Atletico :lol:

I read just now that he's even doing the sports rehab in Munich, and that he's not expected back in training before the start of our pre-season. He has played his last match for Atletico already.

Last edited:

izec

Just the entire rest of the side to go
Well a stable defense is a good starting point to work your way up. I would be happy if we bought a fullback and CB and could move on to other parts of the team to strengthen. They still have some good midfielders. Another 2-3 attackers and they are getting linked to some talented ones, and they are good to go.

Schneckerl

I understand that they need to change their transfer policy if they want to compete in Europe, but really didn't expect them to splash so much cash on a defender with a fecked up knee. Quite a turnaround to how careful they were with spending in recent seasons.

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
The price is partly explained by the fact he can play central defender or left back depending the circumstances.
A lot of people are saying this but, you do not pay 80 million for versatility. This signing makes a ton of sense if they plan on playing a 3 man backline next season in most of their matches especially since Pavard and Sule have both played a lot of matches in 3 man backlines at Stuttgart and Hoffenheim respectively. But, if they are going to play a four man backline again and use Hernandez and Sule to fill in at the FB positions this seems like overkill. Hernandez and Pavard can play as FBs but, they are not really good enough attacking wise to be able to consistently play as FBs at sides like Bayern where they are expected to attack in most matches. It works in Deschamps cautious system but, Pavard's goal aside France did not get much from their FBs attacking wise at the World Cup. Both show a lot more potential as CBs. Hernandez as a LB is sort of like Laporte when he has to play LB at City still good but, against sides looking to park the bus it is probably better off having Zinchenko out there.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
I am happy with him, he is young 23yrs, he grew up in a defensive setup a Atletico, Can cover 2 positions
Of all available defenders Only Deligt would have been closer to Hernandez but he is very young and still needs to develop
Delighted with Hernandez coming but not so cuffed about the price. I guess you have to spend this much to get the best talent.

But with Pavard, Sule and Hernandez Bayern have 3 potentially world class defenders, along with two experienced ones in Hummel and Boateng.
I haven't seen enough of him to be able to tell. Someone sure is very convinced by him to sign him on a five year contract with knee damage.
At least we're having him undergo surgery while still at Atletico :lol:

I read just now that he's even doing the sports rehab in Munich, and that he's not expected back in training before the start of our pre-season. He has played his last match for Atletico already.
Thanks for your answer :)

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Thanks for your answer :)
If he is fit, they will love him. He has the character for Bayern, he has a stronger character and loves shithousery to the point where he candidly talks about it in press conferences.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
A lot of people are saying this but, you do not pay 80 million for versatility. This signing makes a ton of sense if they plan on playing a 3 man backline next season in most of their matches especially since Pavard and Sule have both played a lot of matches in 3 man backlines at Stuttgart and Hoffenheim respectively. But, if they are going to play a four man backline again and use Hernandez and Sule to fill in at the FB positions this seems like overkill. Hernandez and Pavard can play as FBs but, they are not really good enough attacking wise to be able to consistently play as FBs at sides like Bayern where they are expected to attack in most matches. It works in Deschamps cautious system but, Pavard's goal aside France did not get much from their FBs attacking wise at the World Cup. Both show a lot more potential as CBs. Hernandez as a LB is sort of like Laporte when he has to play LB at City still good but, against sides looking to park the bus it is probably better off having Zinchenko out there.
Humm. Obvisouly he is not Lizarazu in terms of offensive contribution.

His offensive contribution is decent but the Bundesliga is the opportunity for him to have plenty of time to develop new skills.

Now, he is a hungry player, aggressive so I think his mindset would be the welcome.

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot
Bayern Munich are signing a player for the defence for 80m (By far their record signing) -> The player had a big operation on his knee yesterday = Great signing

If we would have done that = WHY??? PANIC!!! We need an DoF...Woodward is so stupid!!!

Yea, 3-5-2 was Kovac's favoured formation at Frankfurt (plus seems to coming back in fashion amongst clubs and national teams) so it seems Bayern are planning for it. Would remove the need for wingers, which is one of Bayern's weakest positions, so it could work.

This transfer window it seems Bayern have sorted their defense out, now need one more big window to sort their strikers and attacking midfielders.
The signings of Pavard and Hernandez would make sense for at 3-5-2 formation but they are dominating 99% of their national games therefore i'm not so sure the formaion would really work.
Their defense is really sorted for years.
On the paper or on FM but real football is complicated.

Bokito

Depending on the games against Juventus: I can imagine Bayern making a move for Ziyech. I think he would suit them, too.

MarkK

Supports
Bayern Munich
Well, I guess 80m for a defender with a knee injury is quite a gamble so I'm biting my nails reading this. On the other hand, he is alreardy a great CB and a decent LB, talented enough to promise more development, seems to have the personality we need and is versatile. So I see the point in splashing out this amount of money. I like the idea that, with Pavard and Hernandez versatile as they are, we will be able to play everything from 5-3-2 via 3-5-2 to 4-2-3-1 and that the opponent will probably not even know how we play when looking at our line-up :lol: I just hope we have enough money to add 1-2 options in attack with Ribery and Robben retiring. I would love to see Hudson-Odoi and Havertz, but this will probably not happen all at once.

Wallez

Ulli Hoeness recently said that they had big plans for rebuilding their squad this summer, and with Pavard and Lucas Hernandez confirmed they have certainly had a good start. My guess is that they will bring in two wingers as well, as Ribery and Robben need to be replaced. Coman has been struggling with innuries, and Gnabry will never be good enough as a starter for Bayern. They have been linked to Nicolas Pepe that looka like a typical Bayern signing. Carrasco has also said that he wants to return to Europe, and I can see him being a good fit at their RW. Possible lineup for next season:

Neuer
Pavard - Süle - Hermandez - Alaba
Thiago - Kimmich - Tolisso
Pepe - Lewandowski - Carrasco

ForestRGoinUp

Ulli Hoeness recently said that they had big plans for rebuilding their squad this summer, and with Pavard and Lucas Hernandez confirmed they have certainly had a good start. My guess is that they will bring in two wingers as well, as Ribery and Robben need to be replaced. Coman has been struggling with innuries, and Gnabry will never be good enough as a starter for Bayern. They have been linked to Nicolas Pepe that looka like a typical Bayern signing. Carrasco has also said that he wants to return to Europe, and I can see him being a good fit at their RW. Possible lineup for next season:

Neuer
Pavard - Süle - Hermandez - Alaba
Thiago - Kimmich - Tolisso
Pepe - Lewandowski - Carrasco
If Griezmann moves this summer I think it will be to Bayern.

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa
Looked far from sorted against Liverpool
Bayern as a unit have been poor all year. But the midfield unlike the defence is just out of sorts. Not past it. Tolisso, Thiago, Kimmich, Goretzk and Renato Sanchez have a lot to offer. I see them only adding a by youngster like Haivertz over keeping James.

Last edited:

strongwalker

Supports
FC Bayern München
Gnabry will never be good enough as a starter for Bayern.
He started quite a few games already and in many cases he was among the better players (against Liverpool, for example). HE started alongside Sane für the NT and frankly i didn't see much difference in quality. If anything, he is more effective than Sane was in his Schalke days.

Wallez

@strongwalker I know that he has been starting quite a lot of games this season, and this is one of the reasons why Bayern are struggling to win the league and being comfortably defeated by Liverpool in CL. Bayern is supposed to be one of the top 3 teams in the world, and currently they are barely top 10. If they are to become a European powerhouse once again they have to strengthen their squad, and that means that a player like Gnabry is not good enough for a position in the starting 11.

Gnabry is too unstable in his performances, and has an obvious lack of football brain. He is brilliant in situations where there is an obvious route to goal where he can use his pace and skills to break through, but he almost always struggles in more complex situations where he has to interact with his teammates.

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
He started quite a few games already and in many cases he was among the better players (against Liverpool, for example). HE started alongside Sane für the NT and frankly i didn't see much difference in quality. If anything, he is more effective than Sane was in his Schalke days.
Well Sane was 20 when he left Schalke.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
So with Hernandez in, does that mean Alaba is on his way to Pep?

Would hate to see him in a City shirt. :mad:
No, given his versatility, he would be deployed as an assistant striker :D

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
So with Hernandez in, does that mean Alaba is on his way to Pep?

Would hate to see him in a City shirt. :mad:
No. But you can probably buy Boateng, Hummels and Martinez if you ask nicely

strongwalker

Supports
FC Bayern München
What a circus show at the moment. I'll admit it's kinda entertaining, yet a bit frustrating (when you'Re a supporter).
I couldn't even tell whether its because Kovac is out of his depth, or whether the team in its current constellation has turned to be sort of unmanageable. Probably both...

Much talk about even more signings (latest rumours: Varane and Hakim Ziyech..), but question is, is there any improvement in sight as long as there's Niko. All season long, only Goretzka, Kimmich and Gnabry have performed up to potential.

Kasper

Supports
Hansa Rostock / Bradford City
Kovac is hilariously out of his depth. Yes, squad management has been bad and various players have fallen off a clip performance wise but there's no justification whatsoever to concede 4 goals at home against a second division team, even being a man down. The crazy thing is that Heidenheims goals didnt just come from their only shots on goal, they actually took the game to Bayern and had plenty of chances.
Long may it continue.

Tonicruise

Supports
FC Bayern
From the outside it feels like the players just lacks motivation. It's basically the same squad which outplayed Real @ Bernabeu a year ago (went out anyway but still) so the quality is there. Kovac just does not command the same respect as Jupp, Pep or even LVG did Bayern players tend to be divas or atleat become one once they settle in Munich. I think we need a big name as our coach to perform sadly, not much to choose from i would not say no to Conte or Allegri. Some rumour circulating that Mouriniho is a candidate, but oh god i pray thats not gonna happen.

Neil_Buchanan

Cock'd
From the outside it feels like the players just lacks motivation. It's basically the same squad which outplayed Real @ Bernabeu a year ago (went out anyway but still) so the quality is there. Kovac just does not command the same respect as Jupp, Pep or even LVG did Bayern players tend to be divas or atleat become one once they settle in Munich. I think we need a big name as our coach to perform sadly, not much to choose from i would not say no to Conte or Allegri. Some rumour circulating that Mouriniho is a candidate, but oh god i pray thats not gonna happen.
Conte would be a great choice for the current Bayern squad as you have no wingers and an abundance of centre backs.

strongwalker

Supports
FC Bayern München
Bayern will be gone from the Elite Zone for quite some time, like in 2002-2009.
Different reasons, back then (mostly: unwilllingness to spend money). Warchest is full and they are willing to spend, this time. Question is: Will they have the balls to cross a few self-implied boundaries, namely: ditch some underperformers and admit the Kovac mistake.

Johnny Love

Different reasons, back then (mostly: unwilllingness to spend money). Warchest is full and they are willing to spend, this time. Question is: Will they have the balls to cross a few self-implied boundaries, namely: ditch some underperformers and admit the Kovac mistake.
I don't know if Kovac was a mistake yet. That squad was at the end of a cycle it was clear it needs some kind of re-set. I don't know if any coach would have made a difference really...not enough anyway to aspire to CL glory.

Bergman

Supports
Liverpool
I wonder who won the fight. Coman has a decent right cross, but Lewa is the better striker.

Status
Not open for further replies.