BBC: Man United sign young Ronaldo according to Portuguese TV!!!!!!!

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
Ah, so he never did actually take over from Giggs :D Still, he was fun while he lasted.

What's interesting when you see these old threads are the comparisons to other players who we could have bought with better reputations, more experience or even (allegedly) more talent - it's shocking how many of those teen sensations just disappeared off the radar again.

phelans shorts

Originally posted by manuman:
<strong>

Hmmm, you mustve gone to a school in Sale then Mishkin, Richardson was in the year above my birds brother in that school and also says he was an arrogant git.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Yeah, Ashton on Mersey.

He was a cock. Thought he was some sort of "gangster". Infact an ex-United youngster who got dropped by United after having a fight and beating the living shit out of another student said "If I didn't play for United, I'd be a 'gangsta'". His name was Jemal Johnson, now of Blackburn and I can tell you he fecked the fattest slut at our school, he had no shame.

Oh and Kieran Richrdson got a blow job off one of the dirty Ashton on Mersey sluts under the bridge at the Brooklands metrolink station. I also heard a rumour that she got fecked, up against one of the grave stones in the Brooklands cemetry, don't know if it was by Richardson but she was loose. Hope he gets knob rott ;)
Is this the redcafe gossip page :lol:

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
7 years. Bloody hell. At that point even who would've thought he'd become as good as he did.

Sunny Jim

Warsaw...that's too far away from Edinburgh...

<a href="http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2002390000-2003371209,00.html" target="_blank">http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2002390000-2003371209,00.html</a>
<a href="http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2002390000-2003371241,00.html" target="_blank">http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2002390000-2003371241,00.html</a>
lol at Ronnies top

GCHQ

Glazer Crevice Headquarters
Sir Alex Ferguson, Ben Foster, Hayley McQueen.....
This is the most interesting post of the lot.

The 12m fee has been repeated so many times it's become accepted as fat. Amazing that he only actually only cost 7m quid.

I wonder how many other of our signings from the PLC days have had the price we paid for them artifically inflated in the same way?

Rio?
Carrick?
Rooney?
The £12.3m fee is accurate. When the club was a PLC the accounts showed the transfer fees paid for each member of the first team squad.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Fergie must've taken one look at that shirt and thought 'oh no, here we go again' :rolleyes: ;)
How accurate was this?
lol, I read that and thought it somewhat came true, but it wasn't until you quoted it that I realised I was the poster. :lol:

This is very unfortunate.
Ouch. :(

The idea was good. Unfortunately the execution wasn't (other than Ronaldo of course).

It's strange looking back at your own posts seven years later. Can't remember them at all.

KingEric7

Stupid Conspiracy Enthusiast Wanker
I bet we've all made some right howlers, to be fair. :lol:

Rams

aspiring to be like Ryan Giggs
The £12.24 million apparently included "all associated costs", whatever that means.
What it means is that the (3rd party) accounant who wrote the report approved that it was 12.24mln cost for the transfer. But you disupute this figure?

RonaldoVII

Wasn't that the week after (or before) the Liverpool game where O'Shea got the late winner? Those consecutive games won us the league. Loved that season where it all came together after a few years without the title and off the pace.

Ronaldo has taken Raul's #7 shirt this season :drool:

decorativeed

What it means is that the (3rd party) accounant who wrote the report approved that it was 12.24mln cost for the transfer. But you disupute this figure?
No, I was clarifying it for others. But in the same breath wondering what "associated costs" actually means - is it just the fee due to Sporting plus agents fees and registration fees or does it - as some are suggesting - include the player's wages? I'd expect not, but it's unclear exactly what is meant by "associated costs".

RonaldoVII said:
Wasn't that the week after (or before) the Liverpool game where O'Shea got the late winner? Those consecutive games won us the league. Loved that season where it all came together after a few years without the title and off the pace.
It was just over a week before - at the end of February. I remember that I watched this at a pub in Lincoln while I was living there and there was a Chelsea fan who had a habit of strolling in for the last ten minutes of the United matches they weren't winning with a cocky smirk on his face. It was great when this wiped it off! Not quite as good as that Everton match at the end of April that season, though!