BBC: Pep Guardiola wants to coach in England

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
Pep Guardiola says he is leaving Bayern Munich to manage in England.

The former Barcelona boss recently announced he would not extend his contract in Germany when it expires at the end of this season.

Guardiola, 44, has been linked with Premier League clubs Manchester City, Manchester United, Chelsea and Arsenal.

"I want to experience a new city and I want to work in England," he said. "I have several offers from England but I haven't signed anything yet."

He added: "I have an opportunity to work in England. I think I'm at the right age and I feel it is the right move for me. That is the reason I have taken this decision."

Munich chief executive Karl-Heinz Rummenigge, suggested Guardiola had already decided which club he would be joining next season, but at a news conference on Tuesday, the Spaniard said: "I haven't decided on a new club yet."

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/35234602

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
If its true and he hasnt decided I dont think a manager will ever have walk into a league like this and have his pick of all top clubs

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
"I want to experience a new City and I want to work in England," he said.

:(

ants7

like I said in another thread:

Even though I know deep in the heart already that we won't sign Pep, I'll be devastated to see the announcement of him becoming City's new manager. We have (assuming he hasn't signed a contract with City already) one chance to do a right thing for the club. And you just know that it's not going to happen. We'll stick to LVG for another year and then sign Giggs cause there's nobody better available. Arsenal is Arsenal. City will always get the best players and will probably now have the best coach. #FML #meltdown

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Think he's agreed with City but hasn't signed anything.
It would be negligent if we don't even try and get him.

PvsNP

Pep said he's received offers. Hopefully, we are one of them.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
I fear the club have already decided on Giggs. I am worried.

theyneverlearn

and this one probably never will
This will not end well.

With all the talk I cannot see his next destination being anywhere but City, what makes it worse is that it will also mean that he would never be able to manage us in the future.

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
"I want to experience a new city and I want to work in England," he said. "I have several offers from England but I haven't signed anything yet."

He added: "I have an opportunity to work in England. I think I'm at the right age and I feel it is the right move for me. That is the reason I have taken this decision."
It's code.

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
This will not end well.

With all the talk I cannot see his next destination being anywhere but City, what makes it worse is that it will also mean that he would never be able to manage us in the future.
Fine by me. I'm fed up of all this drama surrounding him. He loves attention.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
It is ridiculous that we'll most probably will end up with Giggs, and City get Guardiola. Absolutely ridiculous.

GloryHunter07

Even though I know deep in the heart already that we won't sign Pep, I'll be devastated to see the announcement of him becoming City's new manager. We have (assuming he hasn't signed a contract with City already) one chance to do a right thing for the club. And you just know that it's not going to happen. We'll stick to LVG for another year and then sign Giggs cause there's nobody better available. Arsenal is Arsenal. City will always get the best players and will probably now have the best coach. #FML #meltdown
Personally i think that Fergie is a big fan and will have told the Board we should get him if possible. That being said he is more than likely to sign for City regardless of what we do because of all his Barca mates at City etc.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
theyneverlearn said:
Chelsea and City.
Under this Government, he probably won't be able to afford a house in London.

stubie

There is a reason why we are sticking with Van Gaal........for now!

Remix

LordoftheStreams

"I haven't decided on a new club yet."
He has an offer from City but wants us. It's happening.

Kostur

海尔的老板
It's code.

Good Lord, you're right!

Bwuk

It'll be Giggs and it'll be a disaster.

I only hope the reason we haven't punted LvG yet and got Jose in is as we believe Pep is coming here.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
Meh. Baldy is overrated. Let's see how well his tiki-taka shit works when Mangala is tripping over his own legs. Probably sign a 40m CM and play him at CB and everyone proclaims him to be a genius.

I'd be more worried if City got Jose.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
Doubt we'll get him. Or Mourinho, Pochettino, any other manager. We'll get Ryan Giggs.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
I hope he rejects the glamour of London, and comes to Manchester. Can't imagine it though; I've never been to Manchester but apparently it's something like this:

PeteManic

The clever/classy move would be to Arsenal. London club, blueprint already there, a top 4 club that he could truly influence and shape into his image. If Arsenal were to win the league (which they should), and Arsene is as much an Arsenal man that he claims to be, he would see this as the time to ensure what is happening at United doesn't happen at Arsenal.

Money must be on Man City though. Unfortunately.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
It'll be Giggs and it'll be a disaster.

I only hope the reason we haven't punted LvG yet and got Jose in is as we believe Pep is coming here.
This was my first thought. But I don't want us to dither and end up with neither.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout

It'd be the point City truly overtake United as the bigger current club. They will have far more draw to players and we'll continue to struggle for years to come.

To think we have had the best opportunity to put things right after the huge mess since Fergie left, and we probably aren't going to take it is sickening.
I really hope I'm wrong.

C'est Moi Cantona

Is Pep really the be all & end all? He had a fantastic squad when he took over at Barca, and the same at Bayern, Barca have since carried on their success under two inexperienced managers, and Bayern if anything were better before he joined them.

I quite like the idea of Simeone myself, surely what he's done at Athletico isn't far from what Pep has done all things considered.

Whoever Pep joins in the prem this will be by far his biggest challenge, espcially when everyone will just assume he'll win everything.