BBC: Pep Guardiola wants to coach in England

Adzzz

Astrophysical Genius - Hard for Grinner
Staff
If Pep is canvassing about it's no wonder because spot the odd one out here:

Barcelona, Bayern Munich, Manchester... City

dichinero

The fact that Pep has always built upon what LvG has laid in Barca and Bayern is enough reason for us to pursue him

Ballache

Supports
Martial
We need to get him at any cost. Not only because we need a new manager, but him going to City would be disastrous for us.

m1y2

With Zidane taking over from Benitez, Thinks look even better for Giggs..

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
The fact that Pep has always built upon what LvG has laid in Barca and Bayern is enough reason for us to pursue him
Oh dear. Are we still seriously pretending LVG is some kind of mastermind who manfully laid down the foundations for Barca and Bayern?

ThierryHenry

wishes he could watch Arsenal games with KM
There's no way he's Arsenal manager next season. Wenger's here until at least 2017.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
@PepGuardiola

"Cant w8 to meet ma new team when I move in the summer to ma new house just outside of Ma...[1/2]"

"...talan in Grimsby #mightymariners #topbantz [2/2]"

Mciahel Goodman

Worst Werewolf Player of All Times
Staff
Of course I'd take Pep every day of the week, but that doesn't mean I should be so damning of a club legend. I doubt Giggs will get the job after LvG, personally, but if he did, I wouldn't start reacting the way some tarts on here are.
Stupid question.
Fair enough, reasonable question though.

Giggs negativity is predicated on the prospect of City having Pep, Chelsea having Simeone (or whoever), Liverpool having Klopp, Arsenal having Wenger, Spurs having Pochettino, and us having Giggs.

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
There's no way he's Arsenal manager next season. Wenger's here until at least 2017.
If Wenger wins league this season, maybe he will step down? (Or step up in other role within club). Arsenal's best chance to be in race for Pep is if Pep decides on a sabbatical.

dichinero

Oh dear. Are we still seriously pretending LVG is some kind of mastermind who manfully laid down the foundations for Barca and Bayern?
Not calling him a mastermind but did he not lay foundations there?

CM

We would be absolutely mad not to pursue him, even if City are considered big favourites.

Given our current situation, it should be a no-brainer but I've no confidence in our board.

ferguson2

He's not allowed to sign for City yet. He's manager of Bayern and City have a manager.
True and imagine the meltdown if Pep would already tell everyone he's going to City. Still a possibility that Bayern will play City in Champions League.

Mciahel Goodman

Worst Werewolf Player of All Times
Staff
£15m a year in salary, £300m in the first window alone. That would do it methinks.

ThierryHenry

wishes he could watch Arsenal games with KM
If Wenger wins league this season, maybe he will step down? (Or step up in other role within club). Arsenal's best chance to be in race for Pep is if Pep decides on a sabbatical.
Potentially, I'd obviously welcome that scenario for a few reasons!

Just don't see Wenger as being close to packing it in any time soon. He looks too motivated, too healthy, and just that he enjoys it too much to want to stop.

JoaquinJoaquin

We would be absolutely mad not to pursue him, even if City are considered big favourites.

Given our current situation, it should be a no-brainer but I've no confidence in our board.
Should is the key word. Our board are clueless so it will be full steam ahead with the Giggs reign of terror that will well and truly bring the club to it's knees. But hey at least we stuck to the United way.

cyberman

Should is the key word. Our board are clueless so it will be full steam ahead with the Giggs reign of terror that will well and truly bring the club to it's knees. But hey at least we stuck to the United way.
What kind of hysterical bullshit is this?

Moriarty

Just don't see Wenger as being close to packing it in any time soon. He looks too motivated, too healthy, and just that he enjoys it too much to want to stop.
I think he wants the European Cup above all else. He may get another crack at it with the side he's building.

Shimo

Not going to be upset if goes to City/Chelsea but, obviously would take him in a heartbeat.

He is openly saying he can't stay in one place for very long and yet so many are going to slit their wrists if we don't get him. Pep obviously has been magnificent with teams that are pretty much elite or missing a player or two but, has not yet shown he can go build his own and he'll need to do that if he comes to United. Kind of both ways is why I don't think he'll come here - he doesn't want to spend the time building up a team / organization and we want someone that can not only build one but, be here for the long haul plus be part of building a structure that can sustain us.

Ash_G

If there is a chance of getting him it'd be very questionable not doing so. Even if the board are ultimately satisfied with LVG at the end of this season you're still got to weigh 1 more year of LVG and then a question mark on Giggs in terms of whether he's ready/good enough against c3 maybe more years of Pep where it's not like Giggs is going to give up on managing so he'll either stay and wait his turn or go somewhere else, show if he has it or not and then we can get him back.

I suppose though they might not want another manager who only wants a few years here before moving on again so maybe they might want to risk someone who might be more long term like Giggs. But still that would be an odd decision as Pep could perhaps build on LVGs foundations for a few years and then leave Giggs who's hopefully more proven by then a really strong platform to work off.

Mani

As he said he had received few offers from PL,i believe that include Man United.It was only one club race and that was city until our self and Chelsea entered the race, he wouldn't have gave any word to the City management that he would join them considering the professionalism of Pep as he's already working with Bayern.Now its clear and he could see himself with one of these three clubs,imo he could still choose us over City.

Jaytay

No he hasn't he came after Rijkaard, that is a complete myth. Guardiola built that team himself.

talking robot

I think we are definitely in for him, but we aren't going to shout this out to the rooftops in case Guardiola ends up choosing another option. In that scenario, you don't want whoever ends up getting the position (e.g. Giggs) to appear as if they were the second choice. Honestly, I think that we have decided to stick with Van Gaal instead of bringing in Mourinho in the hopes that Guardiola will become available in the summer. Woody's wet dream is to be able to recruit players of the Messi, Neymar, Bale, Ronaldo caliber, and Guardiola has the player appeal to make that happen.

As for City there are a few points that make me think that he may not end up going there. (1) If they end up winning a major trophy this year, it may be difficult for them to get rid of Pellegrini. (2) United have far more history and tradition, and Guardiola may prefer us for that reason. (3) In terms of finances, it is basically a wash between us and City as he'll have the ability to bring in whoever he wants at either club.

I'm not saying he will definitely prefer to come here, but it's also not clear to me that he will definitely prefer City either.

DanNistelrooy

Lineup Prediction & Last Man Standing winner 2017
Pep is an Adidas Ambassador. Adidas came out and criticised our style of play.

I reckon someone from Adidas will be trying to push us towards him.

Let's be honest though, if you were Pep and looking at it from a unbiased point of view, City have a better current side, enough money to buy whoever you want, and will be in the Champions League next year.
This is pretty much the nail on the head. Don't buy into this "romanticism" stuff which means he will prefer us.

Jaytay

If Guardiola truly hasn't signed for anyone we should do everything in our power to convince him to come, chuck Charlton, Ferguson at him. I want him at Manchester United, he's the creme de la creme, the Lamborghini/Ferrar, the Ronaldo/Messi of football.