BBC: Pep Guardiola wants to coach in England

Bwuk

Meh. Baldy is overrated. Let's see how well his tiki-taka shit works when Mangala is tripping over his own legs. Probably sign a 40m CM and play him at CB and everyone proclaims him to be a genius.

I'd be more worried if City got Jose.
Meh. LvG is over-rated. Let's see how well his possession football works when Jones is tripping over his own legs. Probably sign Ajax's midfield captain and play him at CB and everyone proclaims him to be a genius.

The Brown Bull

It's Coming Home.
The best manager on the planet right now and at 44 he's younger than Alex was when he took over in 86.We should do whatever it takes to land him.The romantic in me is inclined to believe that Pep would more interested in managing United (because of the romantic in him) than any of our rivals.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Personally i think that Fergie is a big fan and will have told the Board we should get him if possible. That being said he is more than likely to sign for City regardless of what we do because of all his Barca mates at City etc.
I don't think Fergie would recommend Pep at the expense of Ryan Giggs.

marukomu

The Gatekeeper
Is Pep really the be all & end all? He had a fantastic squad when he took over at Barca, and the same at Bayern, Barca have since carried on their success under two inexperienced managers, and Bayern if anything were better before he joined them.

I quite like the idea of Simeone myself, surely what he's done at Athletico isn't far from what Pep has done all things considered.

Whoever Pep joins in the prem this will be by far his biggest challenge, espcially when everyone will just assume he'll win everything.
I wonder the same thing. Look how good Brentan seemed when he had Suarez and how shite he was after he left.

Drifter

American
Pep won't find it easy in the PL whoever he takes over (More than likely Citeh).

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Nagging feeling that Pep wasn't interested in succeeding SAF, despite their conversations, so Guardiola won't be interested now.

starman

Why are people so convinced it Giggs?

Its public knowledge Fergie said United wanted Pep after he retired

Adzzz

Astrophysical Genius - Hard for Grinner
Staff
I hope he rejects the glamour of London, and comes to Manchester. Can't imagine it though; I've never been to Manchester but apparently it's something like this:

Accurate but it's in better quality now:

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
Meh. LvG is over-rated. Let's see how well his possession football works when Jones is tripping over his own legs. Probably sign Ajax's midfield captain and play him at CB and everyone proclaims him to be a genius.
Well, there you go. Pep is as god as LVG is and no one rates LVG.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
Nagging feeling that Pep wasn't interested in succeeding SAF, despite their conversations, so Guardiola won't be interested now.
Always felt Pep was Fergies number one and convinced their meeting was over that

Had hoped he declined after giving his word to Bayern

We shall see, the summer will be interesting. I reckon we have a great chance if we go all out

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Is Pep really the be all & end all? He had a fantastic squad when he took over at Barca, and the same at Bayern, Barca have since carried on their success under two inexperienced managers, and Bayern if anything were better before he joined them.

I quite like the idea of Simeone myself, surely what he's done at Athletico isn't far from what Pep has done all things considered.

Whoever Pep joins in the prem this will be by far his biggest challenge, espcially when everyone will just assume he'll win everything.
I think the big worry from people isn't that's it isn't Pep. But that we have a chance for Pep and then end up with Giggs.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
My take on this is that he already agreed to sign with someone but since no one except Chelsea have sacked their managers, he hasn't signed yet.
One thing is sure, Chelsea are out of the race because they have an interim manager and Guardiola is officially free this summer, if they were the club he is joining it would have been announced already.

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
My take on this is that he already agreed to sign with someone but since no one except Chelsea have sacked their managers, he hasn't signed yet.
One thing is sure, Chelsea are out of the race because they have an interim manager and Guardiola is officially free this summer, if they were the club he is joining it would have been announced already.
Can he even sign anything though since technically he is still under contract at Bayern? I don't know if pre-contract agreements work the same for managers as they do for players?

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
So, if we didn't send the offer our board thinks van Gaal is better. Great stuff.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Absolutely hate it if United are not doing everything to get this bastard! Come on Woody make Pep your priority! Surely Addidas would be thrilled to have the best manager in the world coaching their big £750M investment????????!!!!!!!!
Anybody at United who want Giggs over Pep needs sacking asap!

If there is even a small chance let's try and get him. If it doesn't work, fine - but at least try - otherwise it's negligence by the board surely?

Irrational.

If Pep joins City as expected and we still have LV/Giggs for next season, expect meltdowns of unprecedented levels on here.

Flying_Heckfish

If he hasn't yet signed with City, after all their wooing, then he could end up anywhere. Even Arsenal - imagine they win the league, Arsene may retire. Who knows?

Bwuk

Absolutely hate it if United are not doing everything to get this bastard! Come on Woody make Pep your priority! Surely Addidas would be thrilled to have the best manager in the world coaching their big £750M investment????????!!!!!!!!
Anybody at United who want Giggs over Pep needs sacking asap!

If there is even a small chance let's try and get him. If it doesn't work, fine - but at least try - otherwise it's negligence by the board surely?
Pep is an Adidas Ambassador. Adidas came out and criticised our style of play.

I reckon someone from Adidas will be trying to push us towards him.

Let's be honest though, if you were Pep and looking at it from a unbiased point of view, City have a better current side, enough money to buy whoever you want, and will be in the Champions League next year.

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
And so we have officially started the "Pep teasing the English press" phase of this exercise.

Unfortunately there shall be no surprise ending to this long and drawn out process folks. The hope lingers in all of us but the sad truth is that we are being subjected to flirtation without the end goal of taking the prize home.

He's off to City while we're stuck with Ed and a looming (Probably looney too) Giggs experiment.

God, I hope it isn't so.

BennyBlanco

fixated with Shaw's bum
The only reason I'm not bricking it at the reality of him going to City, is the fact, he only sticks around 3-4 years at a club it would seem, if he wanted to do a Wenger/Fergie, I'd be crying into my pillow nightly.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Pep is an Adidas Ambassador. Adidas came out and criticised our style of play.

I reckon someone from Adidas will be trying to push us towards him.

Let's be honest though, if you were Pep and looking at it from a unbiased point of view, City have a better current side, enough money to buy whoever you want, and will be in the Champions League next year.
We have money too and wouldn't struggle to attract top notch players with Pep in charge. For once I wouldn't mind a sponsor throwing their weight around and making it clear that Pep's where it's at.... (I'm so hoping).

Like I said, we have to at least try. Can't believe Ed Woodward who is quite enamoured of making us the biggest thing around, wouldn't want to try for Pep. It doesn't make sense. And if Sir Alex is pushing Giggs - the owners need to step in and lay down the law. Giggs has plenty of time to go elsewhere and build a career in management before trying for United. It's not like Guardiola or whomever would be hanging around forever. Don't know what the hurry is with Giggs:rolleyes:

C'est Moi Cantona

I think the big worry from people isn't that's it isn't Pep. But that we have a chance for Pep and then end up with Giggs.
I know I worry that we'll go for Giggs, I just hope if we do it then it'll be this summer just so we can get it over & done with.

Would be odd having the three biggest clubs in the world all having ex players of a similar age managing them, shame for Giggs because he'll have far the hardest job of them, and to me he seems to display very few attributes that point to him been a good manager, but would be fantastic to be proven wrong.

Norris

CAF goes into meltdown ?? This is like Hazard all over again! Teasing that it will probably be Manchester only to do a U Turn at the last moment and jump to Chelsea. You read this here first.. :P

ThierryHenry

wishes he could watch Arsenal games with KM
Anyone else think this is a bit dickish from Pep? None of the top clubs in England have managerial vacancies at the moment except Chelsea, and he's obviously not going there. He's welcoming instability in his future club by accouncing this.

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
CAF goes into meltdown ?? This is like Hazard all over again! Teasing that it will probably be Manchester only to do a U Turn at the last moment and jump to Chelsea. You read this here first.. :P
Sounds like the Miss World announcement blunder.

Imagine Woodward coming out with:

'Actually, I've made a mistake. The manager is Ryan Giggs.'

predator

Youth NITK
I think Pep will come to us. He wants a new challenge which means restoring a sleeping giant back to their best. Going to City would be the easy move here.

Norris

Anyone else think this is a bit dickish from Pep? None of the top clubs in England have managerial vacancies at the moment except Chelsea, and he's obviously not going there. He's welcoming instability in his future club by accouncing this.
Definitely. I also think this could be him piquing the interest of United and Chelsea. I think he wants them to come with a solid offer like City probably have, so that he can evaluate his best course of action. It's the equivalent of an agent leaking to the media that his player is wanted by club X so that he goes to Club Y for more money or gets a new contract.