Bebe | 2010/11 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
No, Marca got it first indeed, first time he was mentioned in Portuguese papers was because of that.

It's just that I saw the "2nd" time only and then I didn't notice the mention of Marca, but on the day before they had already talked about him, I saw it now on the paper's archives.
Yeah, saw your edit. Thanks.

So people in Portugal are completely mystified by this, eh?

Is there anyone there who rates this kid?

decorativeed

Wasn't the last thread locked for a (good) reason? I don't want to give the "ITKs" like Taylor, Ladyman and co the reaction to their hyperbolic, cretinous conjecture about a player who's never played for us or in any major league, and his supposed impact in the couple of weeks after his surprise signing, that they seem to crave and revel in. He's raw - we know. It might take him a while to adapt to us - we know. Let's wait until he's actually kicked a ball in anger for us to form any solid opinions on him, not lap up and perpetuate the "inside info" that Daniel Taylor got from a Carrington tea lady.
I agree with that, but whenever a thread gets locked, it drops down the page then someone else starts a new thread discussing the very same issue that cause the other one to be locked.

All of these articles are based on one twitter from that twat Daniel "I talk shite about United for a living" Taylor.

Legendz

He plays as either a winger or forward right?

Him playing would have meant either Gibson, Anderson, Cleverly or Macheda wouldn't have started. It's much more important that those players who will probably all be involved in the first team squad very soon get some fitness.

Just dumb.

Tibs

Hope Bebe knocks England out of the Euro's - then we'll see how much of an impact he makes for our shite press

Shimo

Haha - nice find UnitedRoad. It does become hard to figure out what is true and what isn't when supposedly reputable journos write stuff. Am sure once in a while DT gets things right or is using actual info - which is what makes it difficult for people to figure when he is talking out of his ass like that article suggested.

TheMancRedDevil

This is surely a new low even for a British journalist.

Aren't you supposed to do the "Build them up" thing before the "Knock them down" bit in this country?

I am absolutely flabbergasted (I'm not really, I just haven't had reason to use that word for a while) at this report.

The poster up there (championo) who suggested keeping tabs on Daniel Taylor articles might well have a point. I'll certainly be bearing it in mind from now on.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
He's just got picked for the Portugese U-21 team so it's not just the United scouts who think he's one of Portugal's best young talents.
Due to signing for United only ? I'm half joking here.
I've seen players who previously had no chance to join a national team of any category but once they join a certain team they get called up

decorativeed

I've posted that almost every time this tit is mentioned. Clearly not afraid to talk out of his arse.

He was also the guy responsible for this article: Revealed: Manchester United get more injury time when they need it | Football | The Guardian

In 2006-07, for example, United were winning 15 times on entering stoppage time and referees added an average 194.53sec. In the four games when United were not winning there was an average of 217.25sec. The following year the disparity was greater, Opta's figures showing an average 178.29sec added when United were winning and 254.5sec when they were not. Last season it was 187.71sec compared to 258.6sec.
Fair enough - he's got the stats off Opta to back up his statement. I read on to see what the equivalent figures are for United's rivals or indeed any other Premier League club... Except that he hasn't bothered to publish them for comparison. Either he could not be bothered to write a comprehensive report or the figures disprove his theory, leave them out and you get a slanted, biased article. Nice one Dan.

Shimo

The articles are probably less to do with Bebe but, to bash United and further cause strife amongst our supporters as to the use of money or lack of use of it.

If it wasn't Bebe and we'd signed someone a bit more known but, not a superstar in the making - a player that would just be plain good - not great- they'd find an angle there.

Am sure a good number of fans that aren't as savvy as the Caf ones will read the stories and get well upset that he hasn't turned out for us yet.

UnitedRoadRed

I've posted that almost every time this tit is mentioned. Clearly not afraid to talk out of his arse.

He was also the guy responsible for this article: Revealed: Manchester United get more injury time when they need it | Football | The Guardian

Fair enough - he's got the stats off Opta to back up his statement. I read on to see what the equivalent figures are for United's rivals or indeed any other Premier League club... Except that he hasn't bothered to publish them for comparison. Either he could not be bothered to write a comprehensive report or the figures disprove his theory, leve them out and you get a slanted, biased article. Nice one Dan.
Obviously not even taken injuries or any other aspect of delays into consideration either.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
No, Marca got it first indeed, first time he was mentioned in Portuguese papers was because of that.

It's just that I saw the "2nd" time only and then I didn't notice the mention of Marca, but on the day before they had already talked about him, I saw it now on the paper's archives.
There were reports of a Madrid interest in "A Bola" before the Marca article.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
Fair enough - he's got the stats off Opta to back up his statement. I read on to see what the equivalent figures are for United's rivals or indeed any other Premier League club... Except that he hasn't bothered to publish them for comparison. Either he could not be bothered to write a comprehensive report or the figures disprove his theory, leve them out and you get a slanted, biased article. Nice one Dan.
I am not surprised more time is added on when we are losing. In fact, I would be surprised if the opposite happened. Added time is the result of time-wasting during a game. With United being a top dog, you would expect anyone who is beating us to waste as much time as possible, while we rarely will do that when we are up. Furthermore, we rarely go down by more than one goal difference, while it isn't rare for us to win by a wide margin, making added time redundant. Can you blame a ref for putting rivals out of their misery early on games which are 4-0? Thus you will get a disparity in time added on by construction and attributing it to bent referees is fallacious, to say the least.

It's called "lying with statistics", I actually took a module in that while at Uni (very cool!).

Berlinknives

United: Amos; Neville, Smalling, Brown, Rafael (Dudgeon 60); Gibson, Carrick (Gill 73), Anderson (W Keane 60); Eikrem, Cleverley; Macheda.
Subs not used: Devlin, Norwood.

So the kid can't get into a line up featuring 6-7 Full international players... having been at the club for 2 weeks?
6 full internationals (Neville, Brown, Gibson, Carrick, Anderson), 2 callups (Rafael, Norwood)

AlwaysRedwood

Sir Alex should not have admitted to the media that he'd never seen him play or even seen a video of the lad. That kind of comment just gives cnut journalists ammunition.
Never really thought about that. So true. Here in the states, all the stories would be about how it was an amazing story of a guy making it from the homeless world cup to Manchester United.

Press over there is always smelling for blood. I guess the New York media is a bit like that when it comes to sports but that's about it.

Fazer

What a BS article. Bebe's first training session of every day for the moment would probably be in the classroom...being taught the meaning of " man-on, push up, track back and Fug off you wanker".
We probably might not see him much for the next month or two.

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
I don't see what the Big Issue is...

Bebe probably does though.

dev1l

Never really thought about that. So true. Here in the states, all the stories would be about how it was an amazing story of a guy making it from the homeless world cup to Manchester United.

Press over there is always smelling for blood. I guess the New York media is a bit like that when it comes to sports but that's about it.

agreed - unfortunately they still find some retards who believe them..

Aporkalypse

Pure shite journalism. Who the feck are they to say that two weeks is enough for this lad to get used to the massive change of environment?

Chabon

Taylor shot his credibility to shit by insisting that Vidic was desperate to leave United, three days before he was announced to have agreed a new contract weeks earlier.

Going from that soccerlens article, Taylor said in september 2007 that Sir Alex intended to put Anderson in the reserves for months. Anderson played in 12 of the next 15 games. Taylor, who is the only source of this entire nonsense, is a fecking clown.

zub2007

real harsh to criticise someone this early. lets hope Bebe proves them wrong

Minkaro

So I'm reading on another forum that we only signed Bebe because his agent convinced Carlos to recommend him to Fergie.

Apparently it's not the first time that Sir Alex has been taken for a ride, as Ole only recommended Diouf because Molde (OGS' former club) were in "dire financial straits."

Oh those damned backroom staff members

kundalini

Taylor shot his credibility to shit by insisting that Vidic was desperate to leave United, three days before he was announced to have agreed a new contract weeks earlier.

Going from that soccerlens article, Taylor said in september 2007 that Sir Alex intended to put Anderson in the reserves for months. Anderson played in 12 of the next 15 games. Taylor, who is the only source of this entire nonsense, is a fecking clown.
Vidic wanted to leave. There was no interest from Milan, Real Madrid and Barca so he signed a new contract. Not that difficult to understand.

Nor are Sir Alex's comments about Anderson that surprising either. After all, Sir Alex regularly says one thing then does another, when it comes to transfers, team selections, injuries.

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
So I'm reading on another forum that we only signed Bebe because his agent convinced Carlos to recommend him to Fergie.

Apparently it's not the first time that Sir Alex has been taken for a ride, as Ole only recommended Diouf because Molde (OGS' former club) were in "dire financial straits."

Oh those damned backroom staff members
:lol::lol::lol:

Gotta love the internet. Even deluded folks get the chance to post their opinion. (Not talking about you Minkaro but the original poster)

SittingBull

That's great and all, but what is Sergio Canales u
At United, we strive for perfection, and if we fai

Fair enough - he's got the stats off Opta to back up his statement. I read on to see what the equivalent figures are for United's rivals or indeed any other Premier League club... Except that he hasn't bothered to publish them for comparison. Either he could not be bothered to write a comprehensive report or the figures disprove his theory, leave them out and you get a slanted, biased article. Nice one Dan.

Fair my arse...... in most if not all the games, when it is goalless, Manchester United tend to go for a winner, wheres the other team will be contented with 1 point and start their time-wasting tactics, resulting in a lot more injury time, as compared to games where we are winning by 2-3 goals.

marcus agrippa

Vidic wanted to leave. There was no interest from Milan, Real Madrid and Barca so he signed a new contract. Not that difficult to understand.
So the solution to that is to sign a new contract?

He had two years left on his contract. Why would he then sign another one, if he could

1. be much cheaper in his last year, and therefore affordable by those clubs;

2. move on on a free if 1. didn't happen - with a nice sign-on fee to boot?

championo

Top Stalker
Daniel Taylor is a perfectly good journalist for the Guardian who covers the Manchester clubs. He is a forest fan as is clear from his Twitter account. Having covered United for many years, and written a book on Sir Alex, I imagine he will have plenty of decent sources, which is not to say that his predictions will come true, as numerous accounts of Vidic being unhappy resulted in a new contract, rather than a move abroad.

Maliciously truncated to make my post funny.....:devil:

Nor are Sir Alex's comments about Anderson that surprising either. After all, Sir Alex regularly says one thing then does another, when it comes to transfers, team selections, injuries.
Daniel, Daniel, is that you?

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
So the solution to that is to sign a new contract?

He had two years left on his contract. Why would he then sign another one, if he could

1. be much cheaper in his last year, and therefore affordable by those clubs;

2. move on on a free if 1. didn't happen - with a nice sign-on fee to boot?
Don't be silly. Don't you know Vidic wanted to move on. He said so frequently. Oh wait .......

The football forums are getting sillier by the day. As if Vidic would have signed another contract if he wanted to move. He would be snapped up next year because his value would be more like 15 mill woith only 1 year of his contract to go and a year further on he could pocket many extra millions as a signing on fee. But instead, just to show how much he wants to leave, he signs a slightly improved contract. Kinell :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.