Bebe | 2010/11 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
I'm not one for buying into conspiracies but if we've given them an option to buy after just 1 season at the club there's definitely something that's gone on.

Boss

Melodramatic, attention seeking space-attacker
I left you with enough memories to resurrect me wi
Is Bebe some sick joke?

Sir Alex never saw him play and now he's potentially leaving after producing some horrendous performances.

This is just surreal.

The story of Bebe is going to become a legend if it ends like this, it's more bizzare than Dong.

Anderson8

Losing 5 mill on a player that for all we know could of become the next Ronaldo if we had let him sign for Real Madrid isn't a big deal. We took a risk, one in which had it worked out we'd be laughing, having seen it not work it out, not a huge loss at all.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
De Gea needed to change agents before we could buy him!!

Why?? What the heck is going on with United and this Mendes chap?
Well Mendes represents a load of United and Ex-United players. Not to menton Mourinho. He's basically the new Pini Zahavi (or whatever he was called)...I've no idea when he became Bebe's agent (though I assume he is) but if De Gea was the root of it, it would've involved some fiendish backroom shenanigans, with him maneuvering to oust De Gea's agent a full year ago...

If it is a money laundering thing, I'd suspect it was someone else. Perhaps a youngster not yet on the World radar (which could actually be De Gea I suppose)....Though I'm of course speculating wildly here.

The views contained in this post do in no way reflect the opinions of RedCafe.net..But I know for a fact golden blunder agrees

Red Defence

“United stands for attacking, attractive football
Well Mendes represents a load of United and Ex-United players. Not to menton Mourinho. He's basically the new Pini Zahavi (or whatever he was called)...I've no idea when he became Bebe's agent (though I assume he is) but if De Gea was the root of it, it would've involved some fiendish backroom shenanigans, with him maneuvering to oust De Gea's agent a full year ago...

If it is a money laundering thing, I'd suspect it was someone else. Perhaps a youngster not yet on the World radar (which could actually be De Gea I suppose)....Though I'm of course speculating wildly here.

The views contained in this post do in no way reflect the opinions of RedCafe.net..But I know for a fact golden blunder agrees
He became Bebe's agent just a couple of days before the transfer last year....ousting Bebe's other agent in the process.

Apparently he becomes De Gea's agent (just read it somewhere) on the 30th June this year...no doubt ousting De Gea's other agent in the process.

Brophs

The One and Only
I'd say it's far more likely some twat got into our scout's ear about the apparent interest from Madrid and he took a bit of a chance. It's just too obvious to be a scam.

Brophs

The One and Only
Let's be honest, the whole footballing world is crooked as feck, with agents the main cause of that. We seem to be far too closely linked with Mendes considering he's an agent. Perhaps that's the price of doing business nowadays.

42 euros

Aka Giggs 11 times
This whole transfer stinks. We sign an unknown, unseen ex-homeless kid for £7M. Weeks earlier we could have bought him for peanuts. The only difference in the timescale is the fact he changes agent. We are now shipping him out and the likehood is we will take a £5 hit. Nobody who has seen him play for us could claim for a minute that he would ever make it here. Now we are waiting for the same agent to become de gea's new agent. FFS are we really that far up this guys arse now? I'd also add that £5M is still a lot of money. Aren't we selling Wes and JOS for around that? I do appreciate that the sale is more to do with wages but I'd rather have Wes and JOS than balance the books on bebe.

championo

Top Stalker
This is where it started to go wrong.
That celebration was just wrong.

This is a joke to those that are bent on ridiculing every single post.

VoetbalWizard

This whole transfer stinks. We sign an unknown, unseen ex-homeless kid for £7M. Weeks earlier we could have bought him for peanuts. The only difference in the timescale is the fact he changes agent. We are now shipping him out and the likehood is we will take a £5 hit. Nobody who has seen him play for us could claim for a minute that he would ever make it here. Now we are waiting for the same agent to become de gea's new agent. FFS are we really that far up this guys arse now? I'd also add that £5M is still a lot of money. Aren't we selling Wes and JOS for around that? I do appreciate that the sale is more to do with wages but I'd rather have Wes and JOS than balance the books on bebe.
if JM becomes our gaffer, mendes' will really have power in our transfer dealings as mendes is JM's agent.

42 euros

Aka Giggs 11 times
if JM becomes our gaffer, mendes' will really have power in our transfer dealings as mendes is JM's agent.
Why the feck have managers got agents now? More importantly why does a demi-god like Jose even need one? Cannot for one minute think the Glazers are oblivious to all this. The have plenty of faults but they ain't stupid and naivety to shady deals are gonna cost them money.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself

Just to add to this theory, Mendes has very close ties with Porto FC and there was some news regarding this in this news

Fergie ready to swoop for Juan Manuel Iturbe - the next Lionel Messi
Feb 6 2011 by Alan Nixon, The People

Add a comment
Recommend (14)
MANCHESTER UNITED boss Alex Ferguson is set to snatch the new Lionel Messi from under the noses of the world’s top clubs.

Argentinian wonder boy Juan Manuel Iturbe has been on European sides’ radar for two years despite being just 17.

As soon as he turns 18, Iturbe, in stature the image of Barcelona idol Messi, will sign for Porto, but insiders say his stay there will be a short one – with United ready to come calling as soon as he is acclimatised to European football.

Juventus, Napoli and Atletico Madrid have all offered him a contract so it was seen as something of a surprise when he chose Porto.

The reason, according to agents involved in the race, is that Porto and United have a close relationship and the player will be cleared to head to England as soon as Ferguson thinks he is ready.

Agent Gustavo Mascardi was in Portugal last month to sort out the fees involved in Iturbe’s transfer to Porto. The Portuguese giants are paying a fee of about £800,000 to be split by his former clubs Cerro Porteno of Paraguay and Quilmes of Argentina.

But there is also a signing-on fee for the player’s agent and family of about £400,000 – a clear signal of the kind of hot property Iturbe has become.

Although born in Argentina, Iturbe, seen by Fergie as a natural successor to Ryan Giggs, was raised in Paraguay where he played for top side Cerre Porteno.

With agents swirling around him, his family smuggled him back to Argentina but Cerro Porteno – fearing that he was being sold behind their backs – demanded that he be suspended for a year.

For months Iturbe was only allowed to train with Quilmes in Argentina but also turned out for his adopted country in internationals and dazzled despite a lack of match practice.

Iturbe had turned down Barcelona during his time in Paraguay but agent Mascardi offered his parents £1m to let him own his contract instead.

The deal has similarities with the controversial swoop for striker Bebe, who went from one Portuguese club to another when agent Jorge Mendes took control of his affairs – and then signed for United for £7m.

Insiders claim that Iturbe would cost United at least £10m when he moves, with the cash to be split between the player and the agents involved.

Mendes – also Cristiano Ronaldo’s agent – was the man who steered Brazilian Anderson from Porto to United. He was 18 when he joined the Portuguese side and played just a dozen times for them before moving.
Ofcourse we might be talking shite here, but there is something definitively dodgy in this Bebe deal.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
There is no way in hell we actually spent £7m on him. I'd be surprised if it was above £2m.

Shame the press, the WUMS and the Muppets will always tag him with £7m. In reality he's just another punt that cost a little (with possible addons if he made it) and has a fair resale value.

datura

There is no way in hell we actually spent £7m on him. I'd be surprised if it was above £2m.

Shame the press, the WUMS and the Muppets will always tag him with £7m. In reality he's just another punt that cost a little (with possible addons if he made it) and has a fair resale value.
You might want to have a look at the accounts and retract that. I think GCHQ posted about it in one of the Bebe threads.

Edit: here you go https://www.redcafe.net/9753289-post2550.html

WireRed

It was £7.4m, whether you want to face that reality or not. It was the buyout clause that we activated and which was announced to the Portuguese stock exchange.

In hindsight(and even when it happened)it's a little suspect. We just pluck an unknown out of the blue without any rumour or speculation for a tidy sum when we could have bagged him for nothing weeks earlier, Fergie openly admitted we did so without him seen him play prior to joining, and yet again Mendes hovers over the whole thing like a bad smell...Can't help but think the money laundering/you scratch my back and I'll scratch yours theories may have something in them, especially after seeing the guy play and how quickly SAF has been to ship him out when he's a reknowned master of nurturing young talent and keeping faith with that potential identified by himself and our scouting network.

I'd say there is every possibility that the deal was done in order to curry more favour with Mendes and give ourselves more leverage in future pursuits of his clients(who tend to be the best of the best in Spanish/Portuguese/South American football).

AVARiCE

You might want to have a look at the accounts and retract that. I think GCHQ posted about it in one of the Bebe threads.
Didn't GCHQ admit the numbers were rough and pop Smalling's transfer into a different budget or something? If Smalling's transfer was in that budget it would've been a tiny amount? Not arguing btw, I could well be proven wrong here.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
It looks very much like Mendes' fee (for the Bebé signing) was a 'gift' from us. I wouldn't have thought there's anything particularly illegal about this, but...it'll surely help us with regard to potential future Mendes clients/United deals.

Boss

Melodramatic, attention seeking space-attacker
I left you with enough memories to resurrect me wi

Bceause he turned out to be really crap?

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
Why not?

We signed him a month after he joined his previous club. It isn't hard to fathom that in such a case the transfer fee is likely to be higher.

Bear Attack

I find it hard to believe that Sir Alex would spend 7 million on some fringe player that he has never seen play. I agree that, somewhere along the way, some twat got into one of our scout's ear. It really is a bizarre signing. At that time, we acquired Hernandez and had Owen on our hands so signing on a striker did not seem to make sense. And that begs the question of whether Bebe was not classified as a striker but rather a winger/attacking midfielder or whether Bebe was simply too good a player to miss out on. But judging from the handful of games he has played, Bebe doesn't even look like he possesses raw talent. He is not very good on the ball, does not look up, has no positional sense or awareness of his teammates, and cannot cross a ball to save his mother's life. The entire deal is quite bizarre and laughable; almost like an April Fool's.

Odd.

fadas

Worse signing than Souness & Weah's "cousin".

Like he gave one of the Caf a shirt and told him to get out there.

Twisted_Woody

Scout
So the Bebe transfer is at the center of a conspiracy?

This Mendes character holds an awfully lot of power from the sounds of it.

AVARiCE

I linked to the post. The c7-8m looks accurate.
Ah cheers, I must've quoted you before you edited. I still don't see the bit about Smalling because I think it came in a later post. I'm not going to lie, I still don't think we paid the £7.4m up front -- at least not innocently. Spending that much on a player we've never even see play doesn't seem like something we'd do. This leads into this conspiracy or a lower fee. Don't get me wrong, there's something fishy about Mendes in this deal, let alone the De Gea one, but I'm not much of a conspiracy theorist.

WireRed

So the Bebe transfer is at the center of a conspiracy?

This Mendes character holds an awfully lot of power from the sounds of it.
Well Mendes has pretty much every top Latin player under his wing and the few that aren't seem to be getting poached from other agents rather quickly eg. Nani just before he left Sporting, De Gea now etc. So he's someone we've had good dealings with in the past and will most likely do so in future, I can understand us doing the odd favour to keep him onside with an eye on future pursuits of his clients.

The whole Bebe thing reeks to high heaven of "jobs for the boys" though, with the relationship with Mendes very much the end game rather than signing Bebe for our own benefit playing wise.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
What's even more weird is that a day before the tranfer was completed a story was leaked to one of Spanish newspapers claiming that Real Madrid are ready to meet his release clause to sign him too, and Real have quite a few players managed by Mendes too from what I gather. Why would anyone sign a player who hasn't played a competitive game for his club and has only had several games in the lower tier of Portuguese league, a player no one has seen much of? To be fair I'm even surprised that Besiktas want him.

Bryan_Munich

Aka RichieRich12
Well Mendes has pretty much every top Latin player under his wing and the few that aren't seem to be getting poached from other agents rather quickly eg. Nani just before he left Sporting, De Gea now etc. So he's someone we've had good dealings with in the past and will most likely do so in future, I can understand us doing the odd favour to keep him onside with an eye on future pursuits of his clients.

The whole Bebe thing reeks to high heaven of "jobs for the boys" though, with the relationship with Mendes very much the end game rather than signing Bebe for our own benefit playing wise.
You think Fergie and Gill would pay £7.4m for a player on the basis that it would keep Mendes sweet for future deals?

forevrared

You think Fergie and Gill would pay £7.4m for a player on the basis that it would keep Mendes sweet for future deals?
When Mendes bought 30% of the player's registration just before the transfer (as was rumored), that's £2.2m into his pocket from the transfer before even figuring agent fees which aren't publicized.

Status
Not open for further replies.