Bebe | 2010/11 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
Gibson was shocking vs. Southampton and Blackpool, i.e. his last two appearances. That alone should really have been enough to give him some time out.

Nathan

I think we milking this all wrong, the guy must have talent and perhaps needs time to settle into the life at Manchester United. Lets give him a chance to do that. Yes he's had a bad game no better than anyone else on the pitch. Even the very top players go through a lean patch and come through it, what they always need is support and encouragement, it doesnt help lamenting his poor performance so lets move on.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Let's be supportive. For every crosses he's made, there must be a story behind it.

RedThaiDevils#7

Married with Manchester United, In love with Giggs
Anyhow, I'm not sure if anyone has mentioned this yet but SAF stated himself that Bebe' is a "STRIKER" ( or he plans to mould him into one ).

He has a good shot on him and the confidence to take his chances, I'd see that as a positive for now so let's just forget his performances on the wing. Still, I have yet to see anyone as bad for us on the wing as Bebe', Makes Kieran Richardsen and Lee Martin worth 10m.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
Bobby McMahon tried his best to not completely rip Bebe. Said he doesn't see, at this point, what Bebe brings in potential and at the stated price it's an expensive gamble (that could pay off he did mention). He said Bebe probably needs to not play for the first team the remainder of the season and acclimate himself to England. Personally, he'd probably been better off remaining in Portugal for the season. It's still a strange signing.

He initially stated Obertan had a terrible match but he did praise him saying he reminds him of Ginola (think that's who he said) but that he tends to play in his own world and goes missing for long periods of the match. He does think he has the talent to make it with United.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
No need to, he'll come good but he needs time to learn and develop. If he gets that then we'll have a damn good player on our hands.
Flip side of that coin is he turns out average and ends up elsewhere and playing out a solid but perhaps unspectacular career. Many before him have gone that route - fewer have gone onto great success.

The Black Pearl

Hurling Man of the Land
Potential is there, hope he brings it out!
Well he couldn't be at a better club, if he has it & i strongly think he has, SAF & co will get it out of him, he has an abundance of strength & pace, a wicked shot, a bit of work on his technique & crossing etc & we'd have ourselves a completely different player, i've great hope for the lad anyways.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Started for Portugal U21 against ROI 21 today. He is no.11

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
I don't understand the whole bedding in strikers by playing them out wide.

I don't see how playing on the wing shows strikers more about striker.

I know it worked for Henry but at least Henry had at least some attributes of a winger.

Bebe cleary has the physique of a striker. He is a Carew/Bent type striker with lots of pace, power, and hard shot.

I am all for training players to be well rounded, but putting a player where he is clearly out of depth will only hurt confidence.

I am looking forward to seeing Bebe in the preseason leading the line.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I don't understand the whole bedding in strikers by playing them out wide.

I don't see how playing on the wing shows strikers more about striker.

I know it worked for Henry but at least Henry had at least some attributes of a winger.

Bebe cleary has the physique of a striker. He is a Carew/Bent type striker with lots of pace, power, and hard shot.

I am all for training players to be well rounded, but putting a player where he is clearly out of depth will only hurt confidence.

I am looking forward to seeing Bebe in the preseason leading the line.
He does look a striker to me. Does all his good work in quick bursts it seems like a striker would. Doesn't look to be all that comfortable the longer he is on the ball like a winger.

davisjw

He needs to work on his dribbling and off the ball movement, no better place to do that than on the wing.

He'll learn or he'll bust. No ways about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.