Bebe | 2010/11 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

OneUnited24

I don't understand the whole bedding in strikers by playing them out wide.
I think the sole reasoning is to give them a run out and put them in a position where its likely he'll get the ball. Also the wing is a bit of a safe place to stick young forwards because it will give them experience at first team football but not place so much dependance on them by say having them as a focal point of attack or dominating the center of the park

You saw it a lot with Kiko eariler in the season, he would play up top and rarely get a touch of the ball but when he would play on the left of a front three he would be more involved in the build up and i thought his best performances came from being on the wings opposed to being a lone CF.

Doogie

At #MUFC training. All present and correct apart from Rooney and Fabio. Bebe training away from full squad.

From some Mirror reporter on Twitter

Crustanoid

He's going to dick both Chelsea and Barcelona single handedly. The 'being shit' thing was a ruse- look how Chicarito and Smalling have turned out. Now we're going to unleash him for proper

forevrared

Someone was saying that is mostly add ons
David Jones or Sylvan Ebanks-Blake's dad apparently. Or some other former United youth player at Wolves' dad if not them. Some Caftard heard it from him, who heard it from his son, who heard it from his friends still at United, who likely heard it from the coaching staff. That'd make it about sixth-hand information to us, which I think we can treat as gospel.

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
Probably Johnny Gorman's if anyone, will be around the age of most of the reserves lads...

The post in question -
I got a lift to wembley with a guy who's son played for United for years and is now at wolves so still knows a lot of the current reserve squad, He said united have hardly paid a thing for Bebe, 7 mil was the agreed fee but mostly add ons apparently.

buildabonfire

David Jones or Sylvan Ebanks-Blake's dad apparently. Or some other former United youth player at Wolves' dad if not them. Some Caftard heard it from him, who heard it from his son, who heard it from his friends still at United, who likely heard it from the coaching staff. That'd make it about sixth-hand information to us, which I think we can treat as gospel.
which is interesting because the 'gospels' are probably a bit more than sixth-hand...

GCHQ

Glazer Crevice Headquarters
Sir Alex Ferguson, Ben Foster, Hayley McQueen.....
Below is what the notes to the club's financial results tell us about cash outflows on transfers in the first six months of the financial year (ie: covering the period when Bebe was signed in August).

Net player capital expenditure for the six months ended 31 December 2010 was an outflow of £11.8 million, a decrease of £13.1 million over the £24.9 million outflow for the same period in 2009. Player capex in the period mainly comprised sums paid for the acquisitions of Bebe and Hernandez partially offset by a number of disposals including Campbell and Tosic together with other appearance related payments. The 2009 cash outflow includes payments made for Berbatov and Valencia.
The gross outflow on transfers was obviously higher than £11.8m given that it tells us cash was received for Campbell (staged payment) and Tosic as well as some other bits and pieces. Fergie stated the fee for Hernadez was £6m, so with that in mind it would be hard to argue from the above information that a significant part of the total cost of acquiring Bebe's registration (c. £8m) hasn't already been paid and in fact it's perfectly possible that the entire fee was settled immediately back in August.

Not conclusive proof by any means but it provides relatively strong evidence against the the claim that ''United have hardly paid a thing for Bebe, 7 mil was the agreed fee but mostly add ons apparently''.

IL_DUCE

What should one make of this?

Bebe: A Superb Buy For Manchester United | Red Flag Flying High
Posted on Thursday, 19th May 2011 by Vikesh Chevli

Tiago Bebe Was A Superb Buy For Manchester United. I have to praise the signing of this young starlet who is hotly tipped to have a bright future at Manchester United.

The stats speak for themselves. In 7 appearances for Manchester United, 3 of which were starts, Bebe has scored 2 goals this season. That is a strike rate of around 29% for the highly rated right winger. This stat is definitely highlighted more when you consider Nani, the Manchester United Player’s Player of the Year 2011, has a strike rate which only stands at 17.5%.

In addition to this, the transfer price of £7.5million is seen as a complete bargain to me if compared to Fernando Torres, the £50million hitman who has made 17 appearances for Chelsea yielding only 1 solitary goal. I would be so bold as to say that Bebe is probably Manchester United’s best buy since the signing of Javier “Chicharito” Hernandez. The Homeless World Cup’s player of the tournament has also scored a goal in the most prestigious tournament in Europe, the Champions League, helping Manchester United set up a meeting with Barcelona at Wembley.

Touted as a star of the future, his star has definitely been shining in Europe’s premier competition where he has outscored both Fernando Torres and fellow Manchester United teammate Michael Owen having made only 1 substitute appearance for a meagre half an hour in the tournament. He has also scored more goals than Steven Gerrard and Carlos Tevez in this seasons Champions League, a major feat in itself.

I do feel that Sir Alex Ferguson has a big decision on his hands soon with the Blackpool game coming up. However tempted he may be to play Bebe on Sunday afternoon, I feel he will be hard pressed to rest him for the final of the Champions League. Such an occasion could surely only bring out the best in Bebe… and Obertan and Gibson. He was only just pipped to the finishing line for Manchester United’s reserve player of the year award by the promising Oliver Gill. I can only put that down to sheer bad luck for Tiago Bebe, something that has been following him for a large proportion of his life.

In Novemeber of last year I remember that Goal.com ran an article on their website that “Bebe Is Proving Too Fast And Too Strong Not To Make A Name For Himself At Manchester United.” Personally I am tempted to agree. In the very few appearances that he has made this season he has excelled and I can only predict that due to his raw footballing talent, once shaped into a Michaelangelo-esque statue, he can only get better and better. The world is his oyster.

I've decided that I don't like it....

KingEric7

Stupid Conspiracy Enthusiast Wanker
Very, very weird article.

Edit: Strange little man, whoever wrote that.

Blair

Is that a joke article?
Obviously.

This is the best bit:

"However tempted he may be to play Bebe on Sunday afternoon, I feel he will be hard pressed to rest him for the final of the Champions League. Such an occasion could surely only bring out the best in Bebe… and Obertan and Gibson."

sajeev

Below is what the notes to the club's financial results tell us about cash outflows on transfers in the first six months of the financial year (ie: covering the period when Bebe was signed in August).

The gross outflow on transfers was obviously higher than £11.8m given that it tells us cash was received for Campbell (staged payment) and Tosic as well as some other bits and pieces. Fergie stated the fee for Hernadez was £6m, so with that in mind it would be hard to argue from the above information that a significant part of the total cost of acquiring Bebe's registration (c. £8m) hasn't already been paid and in fact it's perfectly possible that the entire fee was settled immediately back in August.

Not conclusive proof by any means but it provides relatively strong evidence against the the claim that ''United have hardly paid a thing for Bebe, 7 mil was the agreed fee but mostly add ons apparently''.
you have completely disregarded the purchase of Smalling (not sure about how it figures with the relevant six-month period though)

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
In Novemeber of last year I remember that Goal.com ran an article on their website that “Bebe Is Proving Too Fast And Too Strong Not To Make A Name For Himself At Manchester United.”

No way - that Goal.com article was written in Decembruary, not Novemeber.

GCHQ

Glazer Crevice Headquarters
Sir Alex Ferguson, Ben Foster, Hayley McQueen.....
you have completely disregarded the purchase of Smalling (not sure about how it figures with the relevant six-month period though)
There was no mention of payments relating to the signing of Smalling in those notes for the first six months of this financial year.

The following is from the notes of this year's third quarter financial results:

Net player capital expenditure for the quarter ended 31 March 2011 was an outflow of £0.3 million, a decrease of £7.2 million over £7.5 million for the same period in 2009/10. The outflow for 2010/11 relates to sums paid relating to the acquisition of Hernandez and Lindegaard offset mainly by the receipt of the final instalment from the disposal of Tosic. The cash outflow for the same period in 2009/10 relates mainly to the acquisition of Smalling.
So the net cash outflow of £7.5m between 1 January to 31 March 2010 related mainly to the acquisition of Smalling. I'd say it's therefore fair to assume that we paid Fulham most, if not all, of Smalling's basic transfer fee upon signing him in January 2010, with the performance related add-on payments to follow at a later date as and when the clauses are met.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Going to Loan to Besiktas according to Portugoal.net

Minkaro

Good luck to him. I hope he performs well enough to earn himself a transfer over there.

Canuckred64

Devil_forever

You're only young once, you can be immature f'ever
Head of the naval division of lolibfascon
Anyone know for sure how much we paid for Bebe? I know the £7.5million figure is widely quoted, but the Portuguese media were running stories about a year ago that United paid a lot less. They claim Vitoria president Emilio Macedo says United paid less than £4.8 million for Bebe. So if Besiktas end up paying £2.5 Million, it might not be that bad of a loss.

Portuguese media: Bebe cost fraction of £7.4 million quoted 27 October 2010 - 13:59 | Sport.co.uk
We paid £4.8m for the percentage that they owned, the rest was paid to an agency which also part owned him. Its been posted before.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
It was a money laundering exercise...Patently. We just need to work out who we're getting, or who we got, for that money.

Status
Not open for further replies.