Bebe

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
I for one believe the name Bebe and everything to do with him should be removed from our history.

Let’s just pretend he never happened.

I pretty much never criticise Fergie. And when we signed him I was in denial and tried to even see potential when he made his debut.

But we signed a pub footballer….for £7million

He should be stricken from the records.

SharkyMcShark

Horrified
Using location as a tagline: because I'm just not
I for one believe the name Bebe and everything to do with him should be removed from our history.

Let’s just pretend he never happened.

I pretty much never criticise Fergie. And when we signed him I was in denial and tried to even see potential when he made his debut.

But we signed a pub footballer….for £7million

He should be stricken from the records.
Better scoring rate than Torres and Carroll to be fair

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
Indeed, that whole playing football malarkey seems to be beyond him

At least 2 of his goals had more than a bit of luck too. How many goals in total did he have....2?

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
He could still make it IMO. He's got the ability, he's just very raw. Alec has high hopes for him, he will turn him into a star.

MacMUFC

I'd say that's harsh. We don't know what he's capable of yet. This was to be his developmental year before the injury.
If he even comes close to scratching the surface of whats required to be a regular United player, he'd have to develop at a rate of fairly incredible proportions.

I expect him to come back from injury, hit a few children with his crosses and then leave. We'll never get anything close to the fee of what we paid for him and i'd be absolutely amazed if he remained in the Premier League.

Quite easily the worst signing in the Premier League in my eyes; at least Ali Dia was free.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
If he even comes close to scratching the surface of whats required to be a regular United player, he'd have to develop at a rate of fairly incredible proportions.

I expect him to come back from injury, hit a few children with his crosses and then leave. We'll never get anything close to the fee of what we paid for him and i'd be absolutely amazed if he remained in the Premier League.

Quite easily the worst signing in the Premier League in my eyes; at least Ali Dia was free.
We don't know why he was loaned out. It could've been to develop him and bring him back for another run with the first team. It could also have been to get rid of him for the time being with a view towards a permanent move elsewhere. Given that we don't know, I'd say its premature to make any judgements on his abilities given how little time he's had with us and the injury as well.

TheReligion

Abusive
I wouldn't usually moan but this thread should be merged considering the fuss which is usually made about duplicates!

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
It was funny when Eamon Dunphy called him Bebo for some reason.

I am going to call him Bebo from now on

FreakyJim

90% of teams play better football than us
It's either a deliberate dodgy transfer the club had to make for some unknown reason (agent related, some say) or it's a monumental feck up and the scout responsible should be fired, from a cannon, into the sun.

AVARiCE

£7m. :lol: Newcastle paid £8m for their central midfield duo of Cabaye and Tiote.

Sack Bebe, sign Graham Carr. :p
This number goes up and down as appropriate. Last week it was £10m when people were talking about our midfield against theirs. Now it's £8m. I also vaguely remember Cabaye alone costing "just under £10m" when we were talking about summer signings. Jus' sayin'.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
His biggest assets are power and pace.

Going by what he's shown so far at United his level is the league he was originally signed.

Widnes

Indeed, that whole playing football malarkey seems to be beyond him

At least 2 of his goals had more than a bit of luck too. How many goals in total did he have....2?
Yep because there is no dubious goal panel for the Carling Cup or ECL, fairly certain both was own goals.

Skywarden

It's either a deliberate dodgy transfer the club had to make for some unknown reason (agent related, some say) or it's a monumental feck up and the scout responsible should be fired, from a cannon, into the sun.
The club would never gamble that sort of money on a player who SAF had not watched - not even once!. No way. The first reason you brought up is the most plausible.

RK

It's staggering how many people have written him off. 7 appearances for United (how many as a sub?) and he was obviously low on confidence. I could show 7 appearances in a row of Rooney playing shite, it's just too few to judge.

Shame about the injury, it's certainly made any chance he had much smaller.

Ramshock

CAF Pilib De Brún Translator
Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers
Ah, bring the best out of the average Caf member by bringing up Bebe! I thought we all agreed he didnt deserve to live? I bet theres at least 100 blokes on here more talented than this poor excuse for a human being. I tell you what thats see if the burns quicker than petrol the prick, how dare he exist etc etc yadda yadda! STFU and leave the kid aloine!!!

Donut

Some people made a lot of money on this hobo. And now he conveniently broke his leg? Hmmm... I wonder if there's gonna be complications with his recovery and he'll have to end his "career".

finneh

It's staggering how many people have written him off. 7 appearances for United (how many as a sub?) and he was obviously low on confidence. I could show 7 appearances in a row of Rooney playing shite, it's just too few to judge.

Shame about the injury, it's certainly made any chance he had much smaller.
I'd say that's harsh. We don't know what he's capable of yet. This was to be his developmental year before the injury.
Most sources stated there was an option for Besiktas to make the loan permanent, for c.£3m if I recall. It kind of suggests that everyone has realised it was a monumental error of judgement.

AlwaysRedwood

Shitty Google translation but this is from a Turkish newspaper:

According to Sabah, head of the camp season, after breaking of the knee in February....team work and the striker is expected to play the second half, the last 10 weeks.

Kaynak : Google Translate

Burrow

FM Experiment God
Scout
Most sources stated there was an option for Besiktas to make the loan permanent, for c.£3m if I recall. It kind of suggests that everyone has realised it was a monumental error of judgement.
That has been denied, and your point is rendered moot

ArmchairCritic

You got pets me too mines are dead
Ahhhh well at least we made a homeless guy rich, there's always a chance he could well make it, though it looks a very small chance.

Unam333

Must be our worst signing for a while. I thought Dong was bad. Spunking 7m on a homeless guy.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Shows you what Ferguson thinks of him that he broke his leg, returned to United for medical reasons and we sent him packing back to Turkey to sit on his arse. :lol:

mkecane

It's a lot easier to pretend that we got him on a free and signed Chicharito for approximately £14m.

Sonny Feehan

Agreed. I sometimes wonder about those other two signings, Tomsich and the other player, forgot his name. maybe connected to the Vidic signing. Definitely dodgy

buckooo1978

Am I the Only one not ready to write him off

He showed real raw power and pace in the reserve games I watched and if he works hard in training he could develop into a decent player IMO

Didn't he do well at besiktas before injury?