Bebe

mufcwarm92

Am I the Only one not ready to write him off

He showed real raw power and pace in the reserve games I watched and if he works hard in training he could develop into a decent player IMO

Didn't he do well at besiktas before injury?
MOTM on his debut for us, a couple of poor performances later everyone thinks he's a Ihni binni dimi diniwiny anitaime. I probably agree he's not United quality but the way everyone has written him off as a no hoper is a bit bizarre really.

CentreForward

Berba's bitch. A Bulgarian dEvil
If he ever has a chance of making it at a decent footballing level, he needs to stop playing on the wing! Not that it is his choice of course.
not once did he lift his head up for those crosses of his. Those were so off, once I think he actually surprised everyone and the keeper and scored that way...

Smores

He should never have got rid of the dreadlocks :(

I'd quite like us to persist with him and see if he can become any good, call it a project. He looked a different player in the reserves, to me his atrocious performances in the first team looked like nerves.

Shame he had to go and get injured on his loan

Robbie Boy

not sure this is relevant but Ian Wright only signed a pro contract at the age of 22 so Bebe may still have time to develop into something.
Drogba wasn't up to much at that age either. Still though, I'm not sure how much relevance it bears.

Ringo 07

The One is back!

Bebe back in United squad for tour of South Africa and China

Bebe was back in the Manchester United fold on Monday as he was named in the Red Devils' squad for their tour of South Africa and China.

The 22-year-old failed to make an impact in his first season at Old Trafford, then spent last term on loan at Besiktas for a campaign blighted by injury troubles.

Injured defenders Chris Smalling and Jonny Evans are notable absentees, but new signing Shinji Kagawa will get the chance to impress.

Rio Ferdinand will captain a squad which includes senior players Michael Carrick, Paul Scholes and Javier Hernandez as well as a host of youngsters.

The players will fly out to Durban tomorrow morning for a tour which also takes in Cape Town and Shanghai.

Squad: Lindegaard, Amos, Johnstone; Ferdinand, Veseli, Vermijl, Wootton, Blackett; Valencia, Anderson, Carrick, Scholes, Powell, Kagawa, Bebe, Tunnicliffe, Lingard, Brady, Petrucci; Berbatov, Hernandez, Macheda.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...be-Manchester-United-squad.html#ixzz20jh2ArQ4

NM

from here on out i'll be calling him "the bung", because this transfer was dirtier than ebola-ridden shite.
To be fair, he has a monstrous shot. I wish they played him up top rather than the wings. He will have a career somewhere, but not with us.

RedThaiDevils#7

Married with Manchester United, In love with Giggs
I wouldn't actually write him off instantly as I don't usually write 20 yr olds off ( when he first signed ), 21 got injured... So let's just watch a few matches from him and see if there's potential before calling him an utter failure.

Not once did I see Bebe' play and thought he was a winger, SAF said him self he'll start off wide but hopefully he'll be converted to play central more.

We'll see, still I don't think Bebe has the vision and flair of a player who'd make it for us from everytime I watched him, he panics quite easily and looked like he wasn't confident. We'll see how he has developed...

Feeky Magee

keen violinist
Looking at the declared transfer spend from the documents for the IPO, I reckon he was about £5m, based on Fergie's comments on the record about other signings. Bargain really.

Homeomorphic

Not once did I see Bebe' play and thought he was a winger, SAF said him self he'll start off wide but hopefully he'll be converted to play central more.
So he'll basically do a Giggs? All your central midfield problems will be solved soon. Let's see how he'll gel with Carrick in pre-season. :drool:

JakeC

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2020/21
Let's give him a chance, he hasn't really yet.

Devil may care

from here on out i'll be calling him "the bung", because this transfer was dirtier than ebola-ridden shite.
:lol:

I can't believe we are bringing this waste of time back, maybe it's just to evaluate his progress in learning to tie his boot laces and squeezing the half time oranges.

gooDevil

Worst scout ever
:lol:

I can't believe we are bringing this waste of time back, maybe it's just to evaluate his progress in learning to tie his boot laces and squeezing the half time oranges.
Bebe hasn't actually played much football in a while, to be fair. He did score a few goals for us in his handful of appearances, and from a wide position, I'd take 2 goals every 7 games from a winger. Though I agree with the person who said he looks more like a striker.

While he was extremely raw, you could see he has a good shot on him and good speed. We should at least wait till he's had a season of actual football somewhere he can play regularly before we call him a waste of oxygen.

We started Diouf on the left for a few pre-season games last year, I suspect we'll do the same and hope the attention gets him another loan or perhaps a sale. We probably won't see him play another first team game for United, but I think he could get an Obertan-like deal to play for a middling EPL team.

Pogue Mahone

Swiftie Fan Club President
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
:lol: are folk still trying to kid themselves into thinking he's a footballer :lol:
To be honest, the most laughable comments are from people who have formed a cast iron opinion on him after watching him start a grand total of three games for United (in which he scored 2 goals) in his first season in England, in a new league, in a new country. Never mind 3 games, remember what people were saying about Patrice Evra after his first dozen or so appearances? And he was a player that came with serious pedigree.

As it happens, I don't think he has much hope of a career at United. His development was way behind schedule when we signed him and missing a whole season with that injury, at such a crucial stage, was probably the final nail in the coffin. Anyhoo, the video posted by Deco above shows that there's some kind of talent there and that's not the only glimpse he's shown of having something about him. Whatever, there's been some absolute nonsense talking about him on here. Far more worthy of abuse than people who think he might still have a bit of potential.

londonredmaniac

I suffer delusions of grandeur
To be honest, the most laughable comments are from people who have formed a cast iron opinion on him after watching him start a grand total of three games for United (in which he scored 2 goals) in his first season in England, in a new league, in a new country. Never mind 3 games, remember what people were saying about Patrice Evra after his first dozen or so appearances? And he was a player that came with serious pedigree.

As it happens, I don't think he has much hope of a career at United. His development was way behind schedule when we signed him and missing a whole season with that injury, at such a crucial stage, was probably the final nail in the coffin. Anyhoo, the video posted by Deco above shows that there's some kind of talent there and that's not the only glimpse he's shown of having something about him. Whatever, there's been some absolute nonsense talking about him on here. Far more worthy of abuse than people who think he might still have a bit of potential.
Pogue. Let's have it straight here.

He was signed after Fergie apparently hadn't watched him properly, he moved 6 months before hand for feck all and there was some shady dealings surrounding Mendes.

I've watched him more than 3 times (as hard as it is to believe). I follow the reserves a fair bit. Folk are right. He does have a shot on him, he's a big strong unit and could be made to look useful at some level. My 'footballer' comment was obviously tongue in cheek.

The rest of his game is awful.

The comparison to Evra just makes no sense to me. Yes I do remember Evra having a difficult start...but his quality was obvious.

I wish him the best of luck, I hope he finds his level. I'm sure he will...but I really don't take this kind of internet stuff very seriously. I don't think he will ever play at the top level in this country. Ebanks Blake, Fraizer Campbell, Fabien Brandy all had more to their game than this lad...at a younger age and none of them got anywhere near United quality. You could even include Manucho and Diouff in that list to be honest though I accept they were slightly older.

Abuse? It's an interwebz site for feck sake. I'm not abusing anyone, they are entitled to their opinions...I should hope nobody on here is so delicate that they'll cry themselves to sleep because I think a player is shite.

Nobody would find the situation funnier if, in some huge twist, he turned out to be a success. I'd take pleasure in being the first person to hold my hands up. I don't know what his place on the tour is for. To put him in a shop window, to build some confidence, to integrate him with the squad again to give him the best chance of showing something?

Pogue Mahone

Swiftie Fan Club President
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
@LRM: I probably shouldn't have implied you were abusing anyone, as you clearly weren't. It's just that some of the drivel posted on here about this player/transfer gets my goat. Your post was by no means the worst.

I'm not sure about Evra showing more quality after three games fwiw. His CV was infinitely superior to Bebe's when we signed him but based purely on his initial run of performances in a red shirt he looked like an absolutely diabolical footballer.

That can happen though. Think about the pressure of signing for a club like United. Then throw in a really poor debut and any footballer can have his confidence shattered, which directly affects their level of performance. Often dramatically. Can take quite a while to grow into the shirt after an iffy start.

Ramshock

CAF Pilib De Brún Translator
Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers
Bebe is nowhere near half as bad as people on here make out, a few witty posters made a meal out of his career so far and the rest of the sheep bleated happily behind them.

The fact is people use Bebe as a way of venting against Fergie not splashing out megabucks on the likes of Sneijder, Ozil and co and its snowballed on from there. The kid obviously has some raw talent and while he will most likely prove not to be United quality he is definitely not as bad as wankers on this board make him out to be.