Bebe

Jacob

He hasn't even got a proper chance, for all we know he could turn out to be a useful squad player. The physique is definately there, he's built like a brick house.

londonredmaniac

I suffer delusions of grandeur
@LRM: I probably shouldn't have implied you were abusing anyone, as you clearly weren't. It's just that some of the drivel posted on here about this player/transfer gets my goat. Your post was by no means the worst.

I'm not sure about Evra showing more quality after three games fwiw. His CV was infinitely superior to Bebe's when we signed him but based purely on his initial run of performances in a red shirt he looked like an absolutely diabolical footballer.

That can happen though. Think about the pressure of signing for a club like United. Then throw in a really poor debut and any footballer can have his confidence shattered, which directly affects their level of performance. Often dramatically. Can take quite a while to grow into the shirt after an iffy start.
Pre season is full of it Pogue, as I say I don't take any of it seriously. Whatever it's not the kids fault he was signed for a huge fee. The fact the transfer is being investigated rings some alarm bells for me.

Ultimately he has a red shirt on so of course I wish him the best of luck and want him to do well. I was rather happy when he got goals in the CC and Europe. I always thought Obertan was a very strange signing, but Bebe I just never understood.

As I say...if it all turns out he comes off the wing and into a striking berth and looks a player I shall be the first to point and laugh at myself. It wouldn't be the first time...and I'm fairly confident it wont be the last.

I accept your Evra statement...I'm not sure playing next to Silvestre helped him in his first game mind (he was awful that day)...and it's not as if Bebe has always played with our first choice around him.

We'll see, but I don't really see a future for him in top level football...he might have been far better staying where he was in Portugal and developing there.

Kinky Melinky

To be honest, the most laughable comments are from people who have formed a cast iron opinion on him after watching him start a grand total of three games for United (in which he scored 2 goals) in his first season in England, in a new league, in a new country. Never mind 3 games, remember what people were saying about Patrice Evra after his first dozen or so appearances? And he was a player that came with serious pedigree.

As it happens, I don't think he has much hope of a career at United. His development was way behind schedule when we signed him and missing a whole season with that injury, at such a crucial stage, was probably the final nail in the coffin. Anyhoo, the video posted by Deco above shows that there's some kind of talent there and that's not the only glimpse he's shown of having something about him. Whatever, there's been some absolute nonsense talking about him on here. Far more worthy of abuse than people who think he might still have a bit of potential.
Can't disagree with that

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
There are some utter retards in the transfer forum according to whom every transfer price shall be compared to Bebe's Price. He's a rubbish footballer, but the obsession over him is quite mind-numbing.

I'm not even exaggerating over the word obsession, their are several sensible United fans over twitter who've gone completely idiotic ever since the news has come through that he's going on pre-season.

londonredmaniac

I suffer delusions of grandeur
There are some utter retards in the transfer forum according to whom every transfer price shall be compared to Bebe's Price. He's a rubbish footballer, but the obsession over him is quite mind-numbing.

I'm not even exaggerating over the word obsession, their are several sensible United fans over twitter who've gone completely idiotic ever since the news has come through that he's going on pre-season.
To be honest, with all jokes to one side, his place on the tour makes some sort of sense in that he's had very little football of late amd could do with a boost in the old confidence department.

If he does well it could encourage clubs to come in with a loan deal which hopefully will be good for his career and us.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
To be honest, with all jokes to one side, his place on the tour makes some sort of sense in that he's had very little football of late amd could do with a boost in the old confidence department.

If he does well it could encourage clubs to come in with a loan deal which hopefully will be good for his career and us.
His presence on tour makes sense. We're short on numbers, he's short on match practice and if he does well, it could increase his value.

Robbie Boy

Really can't see him having any career at United whatsoever. Kind of like when Diouf came on the pre-season tour last season.

Bizarre transfer altogether. If we wanted 'potential' why not have went for, say, Victor Moses.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
I've far from written him off as a footballer yet. In terms of footballing age he's fecking miles behind because of his upbringing.

Granted he'll probably never make it at United but I wouldn't be all that surprised if he forged a decent career at a decent level.

Dans

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He's more in favour than Berbatov. Ferguson must really hate Berbatov. I wonder what he did.

manutddjw

The few things he does have going for him such as size, shooting and pace, lead me to believe that he can go on to be a decent striker within a few years, with regular football and proper coaching. That said it probably won't be with us, much like it wasn't with Diouf, who had a very promising start to his Bundesliga career, but couldn't get a look in or take a throw in at United.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Signing him for 7m was a mistake. However these things do happen.

He's our version of Andy Carroll's transfer on a smaller scale.

Lynk

Obsessed with discrediting Danny Welbeck
Us signing him for 7 million is even more hillarious than Pool buying Carroll for 35 million. He's as rough as a badgers arse.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Us signing him for 7 million is even more hillarious than Pool buying Carroll for 35 million. He's as rough as a badgers arse.
You're being unfair to badgers with that comparison mate.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
:lol: Good call, Sharky.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
I properly laughed at his goal, celebration and reaction on the Caf.

Good moment

His goals to games ratio aint bad. Just a pitty he cant dribble, pass, run, cross, head etc...

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
What's his goal ratio in all his games for us? 1st XI and ressies? Its pretty good isn't it? Despite the shiteness.