Beckham & Neymar talk about their careers

Infordin

Supports
Barcelona
The fact they are classing Neymar as a legend like Becks has got right up my nostrils
Neymar is on course to become Brazil’s all time top scorer. Of course he’s a legend.

And let’s be honest, he’s a better footballer than Beckham ever was.

TheReligion

Abusive
Neymar is on course to become Brazil’s all time top scorer. Of course he’s a legend.

Any mug can score goals in the Copa America and qualifiers. What's your point? He's not a legend. He's killing his career off in France and can't stay fit.

Beckham was an absolute boss of the game.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
How can he be a legend? Pissed off to a tinpot league too early to be a legend.

Don’t know if Neymar is either to be honest.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri

Yeah, this.

jymufc20

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20

He is an overrated prick. Not fit to lace Beckham's boots.

Deery

Dreary
Beckham looks like he’s had a few to many Botox injections and what’s up with Neymar’s hair?

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down

Beckham was probably the best footballer ever. Handled the fame well, worked harder than everyone else and set a great example for others. Showed his colleagues how to market himself. Basically everything you'd want from your player you got from Beckham.

Neymar is better at football but he doesn't have the same work ethic. He doesn't defend like Beckham and isn't the same kind of team player. If I were a manger and had to choose between the two I'd choose Beckham. Could do without the Neymar drama and there are other players more like him but fewer that are anything like Beckham.

TheReligion

Abusive
Beckham was and still is an icon of the game.

Neymar isn't on his level as a legend. He might never get near it either unless he gets out of France.

Cypriot

Think people calling Neymar overrated don't watch him. Always outstanding. League choice? maybe you can criticise it but he's top 5 in the world without really trying...

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Neymar was probably the first real hyped YouTube footballer. And since then he's shown amazing things but the move to PSG has hurt his status for me.

jymufc20

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
He leaves Barca to go to psg because he wanted more money and spends half the time injured yet people are calling him a legend, am I missing something ?

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Think people calling Neymar overrated don't watch him. Always outstanding. League choice? maybe you can criticise it but he's top 5 in the world without really trying...
Everytime I've seen him he's been rolling about at minimal contact and diving like a bellend.

TsuWave

Would you go as far to say legend, he’ll be remembered as a top class player but what legendary things has he done?
1x Libertadores
2x La Liga
3x Copa Del Rey
1x CL
2x Ligue Un
1x Coupe De France
1x Confederations cup
1x Libertadores MVP
2x South American player of the year
1x Ligue 1 player of the year
7x FIFPro team of the year

and a bunch of other minor titles. All the while getting accolades for either being top scorer or providing most assists in said tournaments.

He’s also the Brazilian with most goals in the CL and by the time he retires he’ll be Brazil’s leading goalscorer. And the guy only just turned 28.

Living legend.

Deery

Dreary
1x Libertadores
2x La Liga
3x Copa Del Rey
1x CL
2x Ligue Un
1x Coupe De France
1x Confederations cup
1x Libertadores MVP

and a bunch of other minor titles. All the while getting accolades for either being top scorer or providing most assists in said tournaments.

He’s also the Brazilian with most goals in the CL and by the time he retires he’ll be Brazil’s leading goalscorer. And the guy only just turned 28.

Living legend.
So Messi takes the credit for the best of his accolades.
The rest are good don’t get me wrong I just don’t see him as a legend of the game.

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
Neymar gets a lot of stick because people expect more from him and rightly so he’s got the talent to do more. But yeah the PSG move has really killed his career as he’s only going to be given credit for winning a CL which he hasn’t and doesn’t look like doing given he gets injured every time the knockout stage comes around.

Beckham is an icon of the game however I think most people would agree Neymars got the potential to far outstrip anything becks has done in the footballing word. He’s had a good career till now but it’s looking less and likely that he can make it a great one.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
1x Libertadores
2x La Liga
3x Copa Del Rey
1x CL
2x Ligue Un
1x Coupe De France
1x Confederations cup
1x Libertadores MVP

Living legend.
Will never see him as a legend. Don't even think about him when the best player in the world is talked about.

Jacckk1985

Thinks we should ban Niall
In terms of football, Neymar was already so far ahead of Becks before he even came to Europe that it's insane. I god, I loved Becks, but Neymar is just raw pure talent, which you can't coach nor learn.

Salt Bailly

Auburn, not Ginger.
Becks remains the best of all time at what he did.

Neymar has no such claim.

But something something raw talent.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
Funny how the only thing talked about in this thread is the word legend, just because that show is called Legends on Legends. Then again, it’s the Caf.

Anyway, not a huge fan of Neymar as a person (based on what I’ve heard and seen), but I love it how he’s like a 12-year old fan meeting his idol for the first time in that video. Struggling to make eye contact, humble and super respectful.

Last edited:

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
1x Libertadores
2x La Liga
3x Copa Del Rey
1x CL
2x Ligue Un
1x Coupe De France
1x Confederations cup
1x Libertadores MVP

Living legend.
Fecking hell, Neymar is almost 30? Time is goimg way too fast!

TheReligion

Abusive
1x Libertadores
2x La Liga
3x Copa Del Rey
1x CL
2x Ligue Un
1x Coupe De France
1x Confederations cup
1x Libertadores MVP

Living legend.
Becks
6 PL titles
2 FA cup
4 Community shield
1 World club cup
1 European cup
1 Spanish title
1 French title
3 US titles

Tbh there's probably more and that's not even mentioning his personal accolades.

Becks
6 PL titles
2 FA cup
4 Community shield
1 World club cup
1 European cup
1 Spanish title
1 French title
3 US titles

Tbh there's probably more and that's not even mentioning his personal accolades.

TsuWave

Becks
6 PL titles
2 FA cup
4 Community shield
1 World club cup
1 European cup
1 Spanish title
1 French title
3 US titles

What’s that got to do with Neymar being a legend?

Neymar has a world club cup, and bunch of community shield and league cup type titles i didn’t care to list by the way. Didnt even mention most of his accolades whilst in Brazil, Olympic medals, and world young player of the year stuff.

He’s a better player than Beckham ever was and he’s already had a better career.

But again, despite Neymar’s CV dwarfing Beckham’s, I don’t even understand why you listed Beckham’s stuff

:confused:

Last edited:

Cypriot

No shit, that what happens when you play in a tin pot league.
Narrow minded view but fair enough. You know good players can exist in bad leagues right? I wouldn't exactly say Spain is ultra-competitive in the last 10 years... Only very recently since Ronaldo left and Messi's Barca are not what they once were.

Everytime I've seen him he's been rolling about at minimal contact and diving like a bellend.
Yeah, a huge flaw in his character - but doesn't take away from the fact he's one of the best in the world...

TsuWave

I hope people in this thread are not trying to lie to themselves that Beckham is even close to Neymar :lol:

Neymar is well clear of Beckham, and I love Beckham.

TsuWave

:lol:

You've just literally been shown that it absolutely does not.
Are you ok? he listed a bunch of minor titles like community shields and league cups, which I stated more than once I didn’t even care to do for Neymar besides mentioning them in passing.

I listed like 60% of the shit Neymar has won collectively and individually and it still has more major titles than Beckham

Behave yourself.

Eddy_JukeZ

People on the cafe really hate Neymar.

I get disliking him as a person, but a lot unnecessarily downplay his ability.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
People on the cafe really hate Neymar.

I get disliking him as a person, but a lot unnecessarily downplay his ability.
A lot of its that he is a nob, and the rest is that he hasn't seemed to challenge himself (Italy, UK...).

He's an excellent footballer and years ago, I thought he might push Ronaldo or Messi but they've continued at top level (and with Ronaldo, tried other top leagues), Neymar hasn't?

I guess it's not that he isn't good (he clearly is), it's that he hasn't got the levels people thought he could have... should have.

TsuWave

Not as much as you love Neymar by the sound of it.

Dont know why the thread has to be a competition... it's not "who was best".
I do like me great football players, yes. Neymar happens to be one.

You should be saying that to the people that randomly came out the bushes quoting Beckham’s achievements at me.