Ben Yedder | Monaco set to activate release clause?

MattyB1986

A signing like Ben Yedder would be positive for me to feel we are going to finally move away from hoof ball. :lol:

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Just get him and sell Lukaku and Sanchez, I don't think we will loss anything in quality, yet we will be load with more cash for other buys.

Ikon

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
why the feck do people give a fecking shit about sell on value. it doesnt line our pockets, only the glazers..
Actually, you do have a good point there.
My reservation about Koulibaly was because he is already 28 and we wouldn't recoup anything like the £100m needed to sign him...:keano:

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
Would be a smart signing for a decent fee. Would add to our build up play, and if we sign someone better next year then he’d probably be happy coming off the bench.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
It's interesting how low-profile his career has been before Sevilla. I think he was scoring consistently for Toulouse in his last couple of seasons, yet his name was barely mentioned anywhere.

SambaBoy

He would be a downgrade on Lukaku. Had a great season last year and knows where the goal is but overall he's definitely a level below Lukaku.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
I just want to be able to say "he's scored a Ben Yedder" when he heads it in.

I've already said it.

Cloud7

He would be a good stop gap signing until someone absolutely top class becomes available. The kind of signing we should have made instead of forcing ourselves to commit to one of Lukaku or Morata.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
He would be a downgrade on Lukaku. Had a great season last year and knows where the goal is but overall he's definitely a level below Lukaku.
It’s hard to imagine he’d be a worse fit than Lukaku, who is just a lump.

minh_loc_xoay

He would be a good stop gap signing until someone absolutely top class becomes available. The kind of signing we should have made instead of forcing ourselves to commit to one of Lukaku or Morata.
As "stopgap", is he superior to Lukaku?

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
He looks amazing on the highlight videos :lol:
Great dribbling and a bit of a bull in the way he shrugs people off and rides challenges. I've not seen him play much but if he consistently brings that to the table then I'd just sign him anyway. He'd be a great foil for our wide attackers and midfielders to work off.

wurzel-red

He looks amazing on the highlight videos :lol:
Great dribbling and a bit of a bull in the way he shrugs people off and rides challenges. I've not seen him play much but if he consistently brings that to the table then I'd just sign him anyway. He'd be a great foil for our wide attackers and midfielders to work off.
Exactly this

I know comparisons don't really work, but he reminds me of Suarez so much.

NJM78

With that buy out clause why the need to sell first. We need serious competition and Rashford is clearly not a very good CF yet. If Lukaku doesnt go this summer he will surely go next. Martial, Yedder and Rashford as a three would be a handful and Pogba if staying would have more options and less need to hold on to the ball too long. Plus signing him would allow us to send Greenwood out on a year loan in the championship etc to get good experience ready for the following season.

C'est Moi Cantona

With that buy out clause why the need to sell first. We need serious competition and Rashford is clearly not a very good CF yet. If Lukaku doesnt go this summer he will surely go next. Martial, Yedder and Rashford as a three would be a handful and Pogba if staying would have more options and less need to hold on to the ball too long. Plus signing him would allow us to send Greenwood out on a year loan in the championship etc to get good experience ready for the following season.
We haven't got the money to do luxurious things like that, people seem to think £100 m budget is laughable, but I bet it's about right (net), so with £50 m + already committed, and with a CB & CM an absolute minimum requirement still, then you can see why this would be low priority whilst Lukaku is looking unlikely to be sold.

Remember the geese

would allow us to send Greenwood out on a year loan
Personally, I never like this fascination with loaning our best academy players out. Like the other poster said, I doubt we move for Ben Yedder unless Lukaku departs. I think Greenwood will get a fair few games next season.

NJM78

We haven't got the money to do luxurious things like that, people seem to think £100 m budget is laughable, but I bet it's about right (net), so with £50 m + already committed, and with a CB & CM an absolute minimum requirement still, then you can see why this would be low priority whilst Lukaku is looking unlikely to be sold.
Yes you are probably correct. I just can't grasp how little funds we can have when after Fellaini sale we had a spend of about 60m last season. Surely we can shift at least Darmian this summer also and I can see us going wihout a CB signing. Bruno (I'm not enthused by Longstaff) and Yedder I would be happy with and pray our CBs do a better job this season. We arent winning anything that's for sure so maybe just maybe with more goals in the team and no Ashley Young we can get that 4th spot and then go for a CB & RW next summer.

NJM78

Personally, I never like this fascination with loaning our best academy players out. Like the other poster said, I doubt we move for Ben Yedder unless Lukaku departs. I think Greenwood will get a fair few games next season.
I wouldn't mind that at all, I just dont want him hanging around like Chong and Gomes last season and getting about 100 minutes all season. Its pointless.

Ashes1396

I wouldn't mind that at all, I just dont want him hanging around like Chong and Gomes last season and getting about 100 minutes all season. Its pointless.
Mason, Chong and Gomes are teenagers. They're training with Manchester United Men's team. They've played in the champion's league. This year they'll probably play in the Europa league.
Not sure they're getting treated that roughly.
Solkjaer's easing them in slowly I'd say.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I think oles made it clear he really likes Greenwood, name checked him a few times. Not so sure on Chong/gomes unfortunately, I feel like pereira they might struggle to progress without a loan.

NJM78

Mason, Chong and Gomes are teenagers. They're training with Manchester United Men's team. They've played in the champion's league. This year they'll probably play in the Europa league.
Not sure they're getting treated that roughly.
Solkjaer's easing them in slowly I'd say.
I don't think it is rough treatment either I just believe it doesnt matter how much you train with first team if your not getting significant game time in a mens league. Championship is a good place to go as very competitive and some strong teams. I think had Pereira gone on loan there he would be a stonger player now, the technical side of Pereira back then and Chong, Gomes, Greenwood now is already evident.

I think oles made it clear he really likes Greenwood, name checked him a few times. Not so sure on Chong/gomes unfortunately, I feel like pereira they might struggle to progress without a loan.
Greenwood, it wouldn't be so bad I guess staying as Ole would no doubt have played him more had we not gone into freefall chasing top 4 but yes Chong and Gomes did their year with first team and got some minutes now they need to go out and play a lot more. Signing on Mata is a clear indication Ole does not have faith in them yet to play often. I hope they all make it with us and we dont end up losing them on a free. Does Gomes only have a year left on his contract?

And as for Yedder I do like what I see of him and maybe Inter do find a way of getting Lukaku, but they will have to do it prior to 8th August.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Haha, thanks. I'd definitely take that.

I have a feeling Ole will go with a 4222 next season.

Would he and Rashford work well together?
I think he can but the issue is whether Rashford's composure improves. The stats like assist may not reflect Yedder's contributions.

A frontline of Rashford, Martial and anchored by Yedder would be quite interesting if we can get Martial to provide more movement off the ball.

Remember the geese

I agree with you. In my opinion, all three should be getting games for us next season. Well Gomes and Greenwood certainly.

mu4c_20le

I'd rather spend 20m more and get Aubameyang, who is at least a tier above.

starman

For that 35- 45m bracket I probably prefer Haller, but would be happy with Yedder. Very good allrounder and not many better players available that can be picked up for 35m