Ben Yedder | Monaco set to activate release clause?

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
From a daily mirror journalist no? Doesn't seem a proper piece given Ighalo is with us until January.
Ben Yedder is better than Ighalo though and January is going to come soon enough. While the figure reported may be fictional, I'm sure he would be good value as I feel he's pretty underrated and would cover depth and finishing with the shaky health of Martial and a Ighalo who may not be here in six months.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
He was probably my first choice striker target (good enough to push Martial but probably willing to mostly be a squad player if Martial does really kick on), but once we extended the Ighalo deal it meant we wouldn't sign anyone else. Not unless Ben Yedder wasn't available when we extended that deal but has suddenly become available and we feel it's too good a deal to pass up.

Very unlikely.

Mark Pawelek

Scored same amount of goals with left foot and right. 8/8. Not bad. Decent squad option I reckon
Ben Yedder has played centre forward his whole senior career; since 2012/2013 season. He hasn't played as a right-winger since 2011. He's always been a reliable goal scorer; with a strike rate about 1 goal every 2 games. This season it's 1 goal every 120 minutes; if he can keep that up, he starts ahead of Martial! Even at 29, I'd buy him at that price £35.6m. No injury record worth noting. Who can dispute the sense in this?

prateik

Martial, Rashford, Ighalo, Greenwood. All for 1 position up top.

Nope.. Not happening.

Tarrou

think we'd have been in for Werner if we were in for a striker this window

the loan extension of Ighalo is a pretty clear indication that we intend to focus the funds elsewhere whilst giving Greenwood more chances too

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Ben Yedder has played centre forward his whole senior career; since 2012/2013 season. He hasn't played as a right-winger since 2011. He's always been a reliable goal scorer; with a strike rate about 1 goal every 2 games. This season it's 1 goal every 120 minutes; if he can keep that up, he starts ahead of Martial! Even at 29, I'd buy him at that price £35.6m. No injury record worth noting. Who can dispute the sense in this?
The funny thing is Lukaku had a better goal return than that when he was here, yet people wanted him gone.
Also anyone remember his extreme weight gain??

No way he's starting above Martial, Martials a far better player then Ben Yedder, whose another Caf darling without ever really proving why.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
The funny thing is Lukaku had a better goal return than that when he was here, yet people wanted him gone.

No way he's starting above Martial, Martials a far better player then Ben Yedder, whose another Caf darling without ever really proving why.
Since when a goal every 168 minutes is a better goal return than a goal every 129 minutes?

Champ

Since when a goal every 168 minutes is a better goal return than a goal every 129 minutes?
That stat is incorrect, but I'll let that slide as it's actually a goal every 153 minutes!

Cliche Guevara

Is there anything in this post that isn’t completely incorrect?

SAFMUTD

They are different kind of players, martial is a "creative" striker. He would shine in systems such as Liverpool's or Madrid's where the striker needs to generate game and chances flr the wingers, while Ben Yedder is a traditional one, I wouldve loved to have him here but with Ighalos extention I think that option is gone.

Mark Pawelek

Ben Yedder has been a consistent goal threat his entire career. About 1 goal every 2 matches. Wolves player: Raúl Jiménez had one good season - this last. Yet loads people here want to buy him for £50m. You can't seriously wonder why some prefer Ben Yedder ahead of Jiménez? Please go haunt the senseless Jiménez thread instead.

Stat-wise Lukaku and Ben Yedder are at a similar overall level; except Lukaku wins far more headers. Apart from that, Ben Yedder is the slightly more useful baller, at half the price. I can understand not wanting him: on age, too similar to current strikers, and never played in the PL. But don't tell us Lukaku is miles better without evidence.

Goals per 90 minutes
Raúl Jiménez --- 0.47
Lukaku ------------- 0.71
Ben Yedder ------ 0.75

Champ

Ben Yedder has been a consistent goal threat his entire career. About 1 goal every 2 matches. Wolves player: Raúl Jiménez had one good season - this last. Yet loads people here want to buy him for £50m. You can't seriously wonder why some prefer Ben Yedder ahead of Jiménez? Please go haunt the senseless Jiménez thread instead.

Stat-wise Lukaku and Ben Yedder are at a similar overall level; except Lukaku wins far more headers. Apart from that, Ben Yedder is the slightly more useful baller, at half the price. I can understand not wanting him: on age, too similar to current strikers, and never played in the PL. But don't tell us Lukaku is miles better without evidence.

Goals per 90 minutes
Raúl Jiménez --- 0.47
Lukaku ------------- 0.71
Ben Yedder ------ 0.75
I said nothing about Jimenez, and have not stated that Lukaku is miles better!
Bit of a strange post overall as it's basically highlighted the point I was making.
Why get rid of Lukaku, to then get Ben Yedder in, who is older and has a similar record.

Champ

They are different kind of players, martial is a "creative" striker. He would shine in systems such as Liverpool's or Madrid's where the striker needs to generate game and chances flr the wingers, while Ben Yedder is a traditional one, I wouldve loved to have him here but with Ighalos extention I think that option is gone.
That was where I was heading, Ben Yedder is evidently a technical player, his Futsal past reflects that, but Martial has that directness about his game that frightens the opposition, pace, power, precision and skill, not many player have that, Ben Yedder has three but not all four.

Mark Pawelek

I said nothing about Jimenez, and have not stated that Lukaku is miles better!
Bit of a strange post overall as it's basically highlighted the point I was making.
Why get rid of Lukaku, to then get Ben Yedder in, who is older and has a similar record.
Ben Yedder is half the price of Lukaku. Good for a few more years until Greenwood is ready to start. I'm not saying we should get him; he's getting on a bit. I prefer a younger striker too.
1. Lukaku didn't fit modern mobile football.
2. We wouldn't have been able to buy Wan Bissaka and Maguire at same time without the Lukaku cash coming in.