Benitez sack watch? | Sacked

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Players(usually Cristiano and Ramos) organize dinners before big games or in times of crisis
without the coaching staff. In february of this year they meet in the same restaurant, and Ancelotti was not in the dinner, actually he admitted in press conference that had no idea about the dinner. Mourinho attended some but not others.
This is in the press simply because of the situation of the team , if not would go unnoticed.
Unfortunately for Benitez everything will be negative from now on. Something similar to Mou in his third season.
Anyway, It´s not a secret that the relationship among them is bad, so the most normal thing is to talk about what is happening without him.
They didn´t try to hide it either because they invited some reporters that were waiting at the street.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Florentino Perez once again backs Rafa Benitez, speaking on Cadena Ser Radio. "Benitez will not be replaced by Zidane. Although some media have agreed on that, the coaches are appointed by the club and Benitez will not be replaced neither by Zidane, nor Mourinho nor anyone. Has come to solve a problem and he is the solution, not the problem," assured the Real Madrid president. “Benitez is capable of solving the problems we have,” said Perez. “That’s the only option we’re considering."

“Nobody can predict the future but right now Mourinho is not going to come to Madrid. We have very good memories of Mourinho, he raised our competitive level (when he was manager).”

Last edited:

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Spanish reports that he might be sacked within the next days and replaced by Mourinho.

Vato

Watches other men wank.Supports Real.Coincidence?
Supports
Real Madrid
Have you not read the script? Pep only goes where LVG has been. First you take LVG.
Is it ok if we just cut a lifesize cardboard photo of him and just lay it in the dugout? It'll do the same job as the man himself

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Ease up on Rafa, he's doing a bloody brilliant job.
That's the spirit. I've been saying it for ages, can no one else see the dominoes dancing* with the last one (called Rafa) inevitably dropping into Old Trafford? :cool:

#RafaIn

Edit: *Introspectively. ;)

Fener1907

He's simply not a person who commands respect. Only in Liverpool, but that's not hard. All you have to do is finish second and have a public mental breakdown.

Hammerfell

He's simply not a person who commands respect. Only in Liverpool, but that's not hard. All you have to do is finish second and have a public mental breakdown.
I imagine the CL win kinda helped with that too.

Sir A1ex

That's the spirit. I've been saying it for ages, can no one else see the dominoes dancing* with the last one (called Rafa) inevitably dropping into Old Trafford? :cool:

#RafaIn

Edit: *Introspectively. ;)
It is always on my mind that this could happen. Left to my own devices I wouldn't have him as manager, but it's alright, I'm not scared. I want a dog / pup reali (anag).

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
It's funny that he got himself in Real Madrid job purely because Madrid ran out of managers they could employ by sacking two of the best in the last 2 years and some of the others in the past :lol: They had Pellegrini, Mourinho and Ancelotti who are basically all in top 10 managers in Europe but couldn't go for them because they'd already sacked them. I actually think they won't be able to sack Benitez now because there is not a certified coach in Europe who has not already been dismissed by Real Madrid in the past.

JSArsenal

It's funny that he got himself in Real Madrid job purely because Madrid ran out of managers they could employ by sacking two of the best in the last 2 years and some of the others in the past :lol: They had Pellegrini, Mourinho and Ancelotti who are basically all in top 10 managers in Europe but couldn't go for them because they'd already sacked them. I actually think they won't be able to sack Benitez now because there is not a certified coach in Europe who has not already been dismissed by Real Madrid in the past.
Madrid should go all out to hire Wenger, if he would take the job that is. He's one of the few managers in world football who would walk into that dressing room and command instant respect, they've already hired and sacked the others bar Guardiola and Simeone.

His footballing philosophy, giving players freedom to express themselves and the way he carries himself in the face of criticism from the media would stand him in good stead in Madrid. Not to mention the fact that he would be a great manager for Zidane to learn from. Its also very unlikely that he will cause problems in the dressing room, I remember a few years ago, after one of our bad results a journalist asked Wilshere if its time for Wenger to go and Jack refused to even entertain the question.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Madrid should go all out to hire Wenger, if he would take the job that is. He's one of the few managers in world football who would walk into that dressing room and command instant respect, they've already hired and sacked the others bar Guardiola and Simeone.

His footballing philosophy, giving players freedom to express themselves and the way he carries himself in the face of criticism from the media would stand him in good stead in Madrid. Not to mention the fact that he would be a great manager for Zidane to learn from. Its also very unlikely that he will cause problems in the dressing room, I remember a few years ago, after one of our bad results a journalist asked Wilshere if its time for Wenger to go and Jack refused to even entertain the question.
I'd love Wenger,nice passing football and would do a good job with the academy.I think that he has been always a favorite in the polls among Madrid fans.
Actually Florentino offered him the job several times and he always refused,for his commitment to Arsenal or because he considered Madrid as a evil club contrary to his ideas.
Now is too late in my opinion,he is too old to change his mind and after this good season there is no reason to leave London.

Sarni

It's too late for them to get Wenger. He will be retiring soon and he's not the sort of a manager that looks at short term, if he got Madrid gig he would probably want full control and to build a team according to his ideas. He won't be in management for another 7-8 years for this to make sense.

He's a tremendous manager though. One of the best ever, easily.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Don Balón wrote some days ago that Mendes is trying to convince Madrid to sign Sampaoli. Probably is time for him to come to Europe.The club is also thinking in Conte or Capello (I like Capello).Zidane sounds great but according to the press the club don't like too much the idea

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Don Balón wrote some days ago that Mendes is trying to convince Madrid to sign Sampaoli. Probably is time for him to come to Europe.The club is also thinking in Conte or Capello (I like Capello).Zidane sounds great but according to the press the club don't like too much the idea
Why? He know the club and is well versed in "the Madrid way":wenger:

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Capello? Fabio Capello?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
It's too late for them to get Wenger. He will be retiring soon and he's not the sort of a manager that looks at short term, if he got Madrid gig he would probably want full control and to build a team according to his ideas. He won't be in management for another 7-8 years for this to make sense.

He's a tremendous manager though. One of the best ever, easily.
Depends how long you stretch the "best ever" list down to

Sarni

Capello :lol: He was there already but I assume that his banition due to being sacked by the club once already has expired as it's been like 7 years. It was the worst Real Madrid side I can recall in terms of style certainly, the football was just so dour. Funnily they participated in probably the most exciting title race La Liga has seen in the last 20 years (basically Spain's take on Premier League current season with Barcelona, Real Madrid and Sevilla trying to outdo each other in bottling the title).

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Sampaoli is actually linked with Chelsea in the papers today. Would be interesting to see how he gets on if gets the job.

You want Capello back? Didn't the fans moan about his football?

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Why? He know the club and is well versed in "the Madrid way":wenger:
He does not like the idea of taking the team in mid-season , the club also has doubts because in Castilla is being decent but not brilliant.(El Confidencial wrote last year that he was a crap coach)
In any case he is the favorite of the press.
Capello? Fabio Capello?
Yes, Marca included him in the list of candidates. I also hearded his name in radio a couple of days ago. I guess that would be a temporary solution until the end of the season
Capello :lol: He was there already but I assume that his banition due to being sacked by the club once already has expired as it's been like 7 years. It was the worst Real Madrid side I can recall in terms of style certainly, the football was just so dour. Funnily they participated in probably the most exciting title race La Liga has seen in the last 20 years (basically Spain's take on Premier League current season with Barcelona, Real Madrid and Sevilla trying to outdo each other in bottling the title).
His football was not the best, that´s truth but I have a special affection for the coach. In his first season in Madrid he brought R.Carlos or Seedorf and discovered Victor in the academy (at present coach of Deportivo) . I think he has a good eye for the signings and creates a good team spirit , something that is much needed these days . Years ago Madrid and spanish football in general had a lot of respect for everything coming from Italy

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Sampaoli is actually linked with Chelsea in the papers today. Would be interesting to see how he gets on if gets the job.

You want Capello back? Didn't the fans moan about his football?
To be honest I don´t know how to define his style. Before Chile National team I had no idea who was Sampaoli. It seems that this year the market is about managers :lol:
About Capello, is just my opinion, probably many fans won´t share my views.